• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killing Floor 2 Early Access |OT| I Buy You. Birth sign: DOSH

T.O.P

Banned
No, there will be 0 new weapons and 0 new maps and even 0 updates. Tripwire took their money to Bahamas so they can live large on our stupidity...

Absolutely, mate ! Tripwire is the kind of company that supports its games many years into the future. Killing Floor 1 was updated up until the release of KF2, so about 6 years !

That i know of :p

What i was trying to say is, does Early Acess gets updates up until the game release? i know how damn good these guys are at supporting their games, just don't really know how EAs works :D

mcz117chief

That i know of :p

What i was trying to say is, does Early Acess gets updates up until the game release? i know how damn good these guys are at supporting their games, just don't really know how EAs works :D

Oh right, yeah, I get you now. I think they will most likely focus on ironing out the bugs, exploits, balance, etc. first. If they will add more content during EA ? I think they will since it is still about 5 months until full release so I am sure they will add something in that time.

Unit24

Who cares about Christmas, Halloween is where it is all at but only if they allow us to get Commando Chicken !! I NEED COMMANDO CHICKEN !!!

They will probably give us the chance to unlock The Baddest Santa on Christmas though.

I say Christmas because it comes latest in the year, and I'm not sure when they'll be totally done. I doubt they'd do holiday updates while they're still trying to finish up the game. Also, Christmas is way goofier and less fitting, which is why it's the best.

mcz117chief

I say Christmas because it comes latest in the year, and I'm not sure when they'll be totally done. I doubt they'd do holiday updates while they're still trying to finish up the game. Also, Christmas is way goofier and less fitting, which is why it's the best.

Yeah, I guess you are right. There is pretty much 0 chance for a Halloween event so early into the game :(

But who knows, I think the game will release before Halloween so maybe we will be pleasantly surprised.

Hypron

Who cares about Christmas, Halloween is where it is all at but only if they allow us to get Commando Chicken !! I NEED COMMANDO CHICKEN !!!

They will probably give us the chance to unlock The Baddest Santa on Christmas though.

Word. I'm playing as Mr Foster at the moment and it just isn't the same :(

Yup. Coming from the beta and playing my first matches in the retail build last night, I didn't expect to struggle against the Scrakes so much with my Eviscerator. Then I switch to a shotgun and realize it wasn't a weapon nerf. Then I see how long it takes for one to go down with the majority of the team firing at it and that's when I realized I wasn't just crazy and that they buffed his health which someone confirmed. They basically went from annoying to the most threatening non-boss enemy in the game and make FP's look easy.

It takes a lot more teamwork to take them down now and I'm all for that, but it seems like the amount they throw at you at once now makes it pretty damn crazy. With a shitty team, they can cause a lot of problems but with some cooperation and a good medic, you can manage, just a lot harder than it used to be.

I would just tell the medic to keep me alive while I aggro the Scrake and just sit there with the chainsaw on it to see how long it'd take and it ate up so much fuel that I was screwed later on. But from then on out, I'd aggro it and melee it while the rest of the team shot from behind and healed me and it was working out.

It's going to be REALLY helpful once this tank class is added. Honestly though, I'm all about my SHARPSHOOTER! Can't wait for that one.
Pulverizer is the way to go in my opinion as a Berserker against Scrakes. They admittedly have explosion resistance so the damage you dish out with it will be reduced somewhat, but being able to parry and regularly stagger them with the alt fire strike is so important. You can still cause them to stumble with the Eviscerator if you launch a sawblade towards their head, but that can be a little iffy when they're going apeshit and like you said, you'll eventually be concerned about fuel. Oh, and Suicidal on Long (read: 10 waves) is nuts for that matter: there's single rounds with a full group where the game throws 6 - 8 Scrakes at you.

I'm curious if the tank class would be all that helpful on Hell on Earth. I'd personally rather see Sharpshooter or Demolition first, since those two were the Scrake killers in Killing Floor 1.

Just finished my first game of hard, the end of wave 9 was real intense. It came down to me and another support running around trying to find ammo to take out 4 Scrakes and a Fleshpound. I can't even imagine what it's like when you get to higher difficulties.

Anyone want to play on hard? I'm having no luck with randoms.

Playing with a friend at the moment, you (and anyone else) are welcome to join us if you want. We're on a different server, but you can add me still.

Just played a really bizarre match where two people were upset that we were sticking together as a group and to "stop following us". What game are we playing again?

Lum1n3s

Eastern or Pacific? If Eastern I should still be on.

Eastern, pm me your steam name so I can add you!

Playing with a friend at the moment, you (and anyone else) are welcome to join us if you want. We're on NFOservers.com, #85, or you can just add me.

Just played a really bizarre match where two people were upset that we were sticking together as a group and to "stop following us". What game are we playing again?

That's hilarious, I've been playing a couple of games in hard mode and it always happens in Outpost where people separate themselves as if they're Rambo or some crap.

Hypron

How is the damage models? Can I shoot off an arm and leg and they keep coming?

Aside from headshots they only get dismembered when they die (and it's glorious). When you shoot them in the head they'll start losing parts of it before getting decapitated. If you didn't deal enough damage they'll stay alive for a bit even after getting beheaded.

Lum1n3s

Aside from headshots they only get dismembered when they die (and it's glorious). When you shoot them in the head they'll start losing parts of it before getting decapitated. If you didn't deal enough damage they'll stay alive for a bit even after getting beheaded.

Gorefast's especially do this all the time which can be annoying so always be careful on those. Love seeing it on Sirens though because it always gets to the point where you can see their skull so you know you're close to killing to them.

Xyber

Auto shotty is amazing. Only downside is I run outta clips fast.

As awesome as it is, the AA-12 should be saved for Scrake's and Flesh Pounds and not wasted on anything else. Should last you the entire round all the way to the end of the game if you don't miss too many shots, really try and hit them in the head and shit goes down pretty fast when you have about 10-15 levels on your support. It's lovely when zed time activates just as you start to unload on something and you get 4-5 perfect headshots, it does so much damage.

I roll with AA-12, double barrel shotty and medic pistol. That adds up to 15 in weight and got you covered in pretty much all situations.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I can get a wave 3 aa-12 if I skip the double barrel altogether and scavenge for some drops in the first two waves.

H-h-how? It seems like even if I'm focusing on trash mobs it takes me until Wave 4-6 to even get the AA-12.

Screw the double-barrel. I want my AA-12.

While I'm not on at the moment I'll definitely be up for any future hard mode runs. I've had very little luck with randoms and when playing with randoms I feel like I'm stuck using support.

Having a great time with this game so far. Been using steam's music player to make my own custom soundtrack for this game. Blasting a bunch of metal and some other heavy shit when playing this game really does enhance the experience. Got these songs rotating currently when playing...

Trivium - Brave This Storm
Demon Hunter - Collapsing
Death Angel - Dream Calls For Blood
Opeth - The Grand Conjuration
Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face
Strapping Young Lad - Love?
White Zombie - Welcome to Planet Motherfucker
Anthrax - Among The Living
Static X - Push It
Testament - Eerie Inhabitants
Rob Zombie - Superbeast
Slayer - Live Undead
Butthole Surfers - Who Was in My Room Last Night

Anyone else doing this?

TheSeks

The Excavator is amazing once you learn to use it.

Lum1n3s

Having a great time with this game so far. Been using steam's music player to make my own custom soundtrack for this game. Blasting a bunch of metal and some other heavy shit when playing this game really does enhance the experience. Got these songs rotating currently when playing...

Trivium - Brave This Storm
Demon Hunter - Collapsing
Death Angel - Dream Calls For Blood
Opeth - The Grand Conjuration
Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face
Strapping Young Lad - Love?
White Zombie - Welcome to Planet Motherfucker
Anthrax - Among The Living
Static X - Push It
Testament - Eerie Inhabitants
Rob Zombie - Superbeast
Slayer - Live Undead
Butthole Surfers - Who Was in My Room Last Night

Anyone else doing this?

I just have my music on YouTube, I've been mostly listening to trap music which makes my experience a nice one.

H-h-how? It seems like even if I'm focusing on trash mobs it takes me until Wave 4-6 to even get the AA-12.

Screw the double-barrel. I want my AA-12.

Branching off from the rest of the group and scavenging for more weapons is pretty easy before wave 3 since all you really need before then is your pistol and some good aim. If you're scavenging enough you can sell your starting weapon in wave 2 since you'll likely find a replacement while hunting for other drops.

Also don't skimp on the grenades either since you'll pick up another grenade each time you collect ammo.

It doesn't always guarantee a wave 3 aa-12 but maximizing the spawns in the early waves will help your income a great deal.

Xyber

Yeah, you need a bit of luck to manage a AA-12 by wave 3, but you really don't need one until wave 4 anyway

But keep in mind that you get less money on higher difficulty levels, so some people who get them super early might be playing on normal too.

For the most part I get mine at wave 4 on suicidal.

A little trick you can use right now before selling weapons is to drop them and pick them up. You can then sell them for 75% of their value instead of 50% because of some bug that makes it think it's a bought weapon and not a pick-up/starter weapon.

GreenManGaming never seems to want my money. Their promotional code is failing to apply to Killing Floor 2 even though it said KF2 is valid for the code. And if that doesn't get in my way, then verified by Visa does.

demolitio

GreenManGaming never seems to want my money. Their promotional code is failing to apply to Killing Floor 2 even though it said KF2 is valid for the code. And if that doesn't get in my way, then verified by Visa does.

Didn't work for me either but I heard someone say it wasn't supposed to so I just went with Steam. Wish they made it easier to see which games are excluded.

Anyway, if anyone ever wants to play, feel free to add -Demo- on Steam. I'm a KF1 fanatic but just started on the retail version of KF2 last night after playing the beta a lot so I know how to play but I'm not a high level in any class yet at all. I use a mic and cooperate though so no corridor camping here.

I still feel like there's so many people that overlook the medic handgun's usefulness. I buy at least the handgun every single game since it's a life-saver with the boss or a shitload of Scrakes.

Didn't work for me either but I heard someone say it wasn't supposed to so I just went with Steam. Wish they made it easier to see which games are excluded.

The front page code or the code from the promotional email? The one from my email listed KF2 as one of the applicable games. My friend who's from Canada let the KF2 order expire in his basket since the code didn't work and they sent him a code for it and he managed to buy it at a discount. I sent a support claim earlier today, but no response yet.

demolitio

The front page code or the code from the promotional email? The one from my email listed KF2 as one of the applicable games. My friend who's from Canada let the KF2 order expire in his basket since the code didn't work and they sent him a code for it and he managed to buy it at a discount. I sent a support claim earlier today, but no response yet.

Front page code, sorry. I wish I got the email since that would've helped out...lol

kasane

can i make my own private lobby with my friend?

i dont want to go with the hassle of setting up a dedicated server ;_;

Ac30

Hans's gas grenades are bullllllll. He just wiped our whole team with those fuckers :/ Apart from that the game's great. and I actually rather like that Scrakes are such a threat -- co-coordinating your team to focus fire and tear them apart is awesome.

mcz117chief

They should drastically decrease the amount of money you get. I can get AA12 at the end of Wave 2, that is just wrong, man.

Slayven

Damn when will someone top Soldier of Fortune?

mcz117chief

It was their inspiration from Soldier of Fortune to go above and beyond that and they achieved it.

Have they ? I think they are pretty much on par with one another. I was hoping that you can, for example, shoot off half of their face or piece of the skull and see their brain hanging out, or piece of hand, arm or leg. You can't do any of those. On the other hand you can shoot somebody in the belly in Soldier of Fortune and see their guts hanging out. I am not saying that it is bad, but it isn't honestly anything special.

A lot of stuff that was in their previous videos I have not yet witnessed in the game over my 13 hours.
Specifically this: https://youtu.be/rB7FYfRPwpo?t=161

And this: https://youtu.be/rB7FYfRPwpo?t=205

Have you guys seen stuff like that ? I play on high or very high I don't remember. Is it only on some kind of ultra setting ?

It's no where near Soldier of Fortune 2. Heads will chip depending on the pistol but it's very limited and shooting a body does nothing. If you get out a knife you can slice them apart but they come apart in big chunks like arm, torso, etc. They really oversold the gore based on my 8 hours with the game, still better than most games of this ilk though.

TheSeks

It's no where near Soldier of Fortune 2. Heads will chip depending on the pistol but it's very limited and shooting a body does nothing. If you get out a knife you can slice them apart but they come about in big chunks like arm, torso, etc. They really oversold the gore based on my 8 hours with the game, still better than most games of this ilk though.

Agreed. The only thing that is HYPE is that bodies stay for a bit but the blood will stay on the map for the entire round duration. I'm honestly shocked by the amount of blood they allow the map to be splashed with.

mcz117chief

Agreed. The only thing that is HYPE is that bodies stay for a bit but the blood will stay on the map for the entire round duration. I'm honestly shocked by the amount of blood they allow the map to be splashed with.

It is because the entire map is completely covered in blood to begin with. They only have a layer of normal textures on top and when somebody splashes blood you basically just uncover the real map.

Nokterian

Have they ? I think they are pretty much on par with one another. I was hoping that you can, for example, shoot off half of their face or piece of the skull and see their brain hanging out, or piece of hand, arm or leg. You can't do any of those. On the other hand you can shoot somebody in the belly in Soldier of Fortune and see their guts hanging out. I am not saying that it is bad, but it isn't honestly anything special.

A lot of stuff that was in their previous videos I have not yet witnessed in the game over my 13 hours.
Specifically this: https://youtu.be/rB7FYfRPwpo?t=161

And this: https://youtu.be/rB7FYfRPwpo?t=205

Have you guys seen stuff like that ? I play on high or very high I don't remember. Is it only on some kind of ultra setting ?

Yes? They said it in a interview and even the video. I have seen body parts flying away and heads half blown off and what not.

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2014/05/08/soldier-fortune-inspired-killing-floor-2/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx_J4F9xe8g

There M.E.A.T system surpasses from Soldier of Fortune. More than 22 spots on the body's from every zed and you can dismember everything. Watch the video there system is amazing i love the gore in this.

TheSeks

It is because the entire map is completely covered in blood to begin with. They only have a layer of normal textures on top and when somebody splashes blood you basically just uncover the real map.

My mind is blown. That's a pretty interesting method of doing that.

Hans's gas grenades are bullllllll. He just wiped our whole team with those fuckers :/ Apart from that the game's great. and I actually rather like that Scrakes are such a threat -- co-coordinating your team to focus fire and tear them apart is awesome.
You get enough time to run away and create distance whenever you see him do the throwing animation / when you hear him say one of his grenade-specific lines. Corners are your friend as well: try to fight him in non-open spaces, since any spot with a lot of cover with give you sufficient legroom to minimize damage from all his ranged attacks. Wide areas are your death knell.

Ooooh. So that explains why I had a bug where the map was completely covered in gore one time.

They should drastically decrease the amount of money you get. I can get AA12 at the end of Wave 2, that is just wrong, man.

Sure you can get one, but only if you don't care about armor or ammo. :p

breadtruck

For a couple of games where we lost, I had the doctor just staring at me lol
killing_floor_2_end_of_round_doctor_by_digi_matrix-d8qrewk.gif

The worst part of that is you can't even type to your team during this point

So it's a overly long stare down with blocked communication. I'm sure it'll get fixed eventually

Airan

Hopped onto a 46 man server. Absolute insanity when wave 7 came and there were about 6 scrakes spawned and everyone only had pistols left :D

The worst part of that is you can't even type to your team during this point

So it's a overly long stare down with blocked communication. I'm sure it'll get fixed eventually

I think this might actually be changeable if you're using a dedicated server.

In web tools, under gametypes, there's a setting to change the "end of game delay". I haven't tested it to see what it changes, but it seems like it's set pretty high by default.

Top Bottom