• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killing Floor 2 Early Access |OT| I Buy You. Birth sign: DOSH

mcz117chief

Yes? They said it in a interview and even the video. I have seen body parts flying away and heads half blown off and what not.

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2014/05/08/soldier-fortune-inspired-killing-floor-2/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx_J4F9xe8g

There M.E.A.T system surpasses from Soldier of Fortune. More than 22 spots on the body's from every zed and you can dismember everything. Watch the video there system is amazing i love the gore in this.

It is hard to take your post seriously when you linked to the same video that I posted... I said I have never seen stuff like that ingame. I have actually tried it a couple of hours ago, no matter how much I tried I couldn't get entrails and brains to be on the floor. I was blasting heads and chopping them up as much as I could and still nothing. The only things I could do were:
Decapitate, remove legs and arms, chop bodies in half and that is it.

Hopped onto a 46 man server. Absolute insanity when wave 7 came and there were about 6 scrakes spawned and everyone only had pistols left :D

WTF how did that work ? How many zeds could be spawned on the map ? How could your pc handle so much ? How did it play ? please, tell me more !

Airan

WTF how did that work ? How many zeds could be spawned on the map ? How could your pc handle so much ? How did it play ? please, tell me more !

Just go to the server browser and sort by player capacity, there's usually a server or two with 6+ capacity.

The game isn't designed for more than 6 players so the zed spawns were a little thin, although that might get changed when more mutators are introduced (I've read there was a mutator in KF1 that didn't limit the number of spawns per sub-wave).

So the initial 5 rounds are pretty boring as you camp the outer spawn points (as that's the only way the Zeds can approach you since they're not allowed to spawn where you can see them) but then from wave 6 onwards the Scrakes appear, and oh boy, those motherfuckers have a LOT of health. When you have 1 it's a struggle, add in another, and another, and maybe a fleshpound or two and you've a lot of dead players :D

Pulverizer stun strat doesn't really work that well since they lose stun faster the more they get shot at, and when you've 50 people pelting it with bullets they just keep rampaging non-stop. Just pray that you or your zerkers can parry, eliminate the trash with pistols and save the big guns for the raid bosses.

Performance wise KF2 is probably the best optimized game out of early access, helped plenty by UE3's robustness I reckon. Most other games would've ground to a halt with 16 players, KF2 kept chugging away on a 5year old i5 2500, HD6850 box, what looked to be 30 fps with at least 50 entities on-screen, even with particle effects added to the mix. I need to find a FPS counter. Isn't there one built into UE3?

Wow this is pretty fantastic! I liked the first game but L4D 1 & 2 were my go to team based shooters. This, so far, has been excellent. One thing that stands out to me is how incredible the gunplay is. Each gun feels punchy, the slow mo makes every shot look very cool and it shows how great the animations are for the weapons and enemies. And I especially love it when you can see where the bullet is traveling when shot out of the gun in great detail and impact.

So far, so damn good.

Xyber

Is there a good guide for newbs anywhere? Confused about several things, game is kinda bare bones on explanations.

There isn't really that much to explain that you won't get the hang of after a few games.

Stick together, survive, middle mouse button is a secondary function on a lot of weapons, heal people, don't attack the biggest zeds alone.

That pretty much covers it. :p

Kinsei

Banned
BB681F0457B2F0A0AD8EF4D11BBBD3775A16DBC3

I finally beat all three maps on hard! I was having no luck online so I ended up soloing them.

Kinsei

Banned
Congrats man that's awesome, I've had no luck as well online :l.

Try it out solo. Since you;re a support you should tear through the later waves with your AA12.

I'm glad I ended up having to do it solo cause I ended up learning something about fleshpounds. Those fuckers will actively try to flank you. I went into a narrow hallway when the only zeds left were a fleshpound, some clots, and some crawlers, and when the FP saw me it turned around and went through the door to my right in order to get to the end of the hall and try to box me in.

Lum1n3s

Try it out solo. Since you;re a support you should tear through the later waves with your AA12.

I'm glad I ended up having to do it solo cause I ended up learning something about fleshpounds. Those fuckers will actively try to flank you. I went into a narrow hallway when the only zeds left were a fleshpound, some clots, and some crawlers, and when the FP saw me it turned around and went through the door to my right in order to get to the end of the hall and try to box me in.

Sweet baby Jesus, I feel like the AI in this game is much better now lol.

Btw, I'm LOVING the nailgun, I've been using it and it feels like I'm playing a more crazier support as a berserker lol.

Hopped onto a 46 man server. Absolute insanity when wave 7 came and there were about 6 scrakes spawned and everyone only had pistols left :D
I spectated one of those. 600+ Zeds as the wave started, and Scrakes are one-shotting tanks because of the per-player scaling. He would not go down after two minutes worth of focus firing by dozens of players.

Nokterian

It is hard to take your post seriously when you linked to the same video that I posted... I said I have never seen stuff like that ingame. I have actually tried it a couple of hours ago, no matter how much I tried I couldn't get entrails and brains to be on the floor. I was blasting heads and chopping them up as much as I could and still nothing. The only things I could do were:

Yeah sorry i was doing other stuff next to it should have read it first :p I think it will happen along the updates that's my guess.

Hypron

There are definitely several states before an enemy gets decapitated (some of which might expose the brain depending on the enemy), it's just quite subtle.

Ac30

Ugh, wiped again on Normal at the boss. Gave up on Hard for now even with a good team but I fall to him on NORMAL ;-; Everything else is fine but that, his HP just seems insanely high. 80 AA-12 rounds seem to do nothing, and I don't fire when he heals either.

There isn't really that much to explain that you won't get the hang of after a few games.

Stick together, survive, middle mouse button is a secondary function on a lot of weapons, heal people, don't attack the biggest zeds alone.

That pretty much covers it. :p

Well like do the zeds have any weak spots, especially the bigger ones or are they just damage sponges for most part? I know head shots on most of the weaker ones can be quick kills, but what about the tougher targets? Should I be aiming at specific things or it doesn't matter as much?

Also what is with the random game slow motion parts, what triggers that?

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I know head shots on most of the weaker ones can be quick kills, but what about the tougher targets? Should I be aiming at specific things or it doesn't matter as much?

The head is still the most vulnerable area on harder targets like Scrakes and Fleshpounds, but you'll be expending a lot of ammunition on them regardless.

Where are people finding those massive servers? Might be able to finish Suicidal that way :p

Filter by player count in the server browser.

Grief.exe

BB681F0457B2F0A0AD8EF4D11BBBD3775A16DBC3

I finally beat all three maps on hard! I was having no luck online so I ended up soloing them.

Can you list out a bunch of tips for playing Zerk? My buddy switched over for Killing Floor 2 and I will show him your post. Best weapons, build order, strategies, that kind of thing.

Xyber

Well like do the zeds have any weak spots, especially the bigger ones or are they just damage sponges for most part? I know head shots on most of the weaker ones can be quick kills, but what about the tougher targets? Should I be aiming at specific things or it doesn't matter as much?

Also what is with the random game slow motion parts, what triggers that?

Always go for HS on all enemies, bigger enemies are a bit of bulletsponges but with teamwork you take them down fairly quickly. If you hit all shots in the head of a Scrake (guy with the chainsaw) with the AA-12 shotgun he is down in like 2 seconds on hard. If all those shots were to the chest instead he would probably have closer to half his health left.

The slow-mo happens at random from kills, the Commando can then extend it by killing more stuff.

Kinsei

Banned
Can you list out a bunch of tips for playing Zerk? My buddy switched over for Killing Floor 2 and I will show him your post. Best weapons, build order, strategies, that kind of thing.

Keep in mind that I'm far from a pro, but I'll try and help to the best of my ability.

For weapons always buy a pulverizer as soon as you can. You will need one of these when the bigger things start showing up. You should naturally have enough on normal and hard, but you might need to forgo armor for a wave in suicidal, and you will absolutely have to forgo armor for a few waves on Hell on Earth.

When playing on Suicidal and HoE you'll also want to buy the nail gun once you have the pulverizer. This thing is much better than your pistol for taking out bloats and husks. Just make sure you activate the alt fire.

My current build order is extra ammo (for bloats and husks on suicidal and HoE), clot grab immunity, and the 15% damage debuff that affects enemies every time I melee them.

Strategies heavily depend on difficulty due to the zeds getting new attacks so I'll list the tips by difficulty.

Every Difficulty
Stay close to a medic while playing multiplayer. Medics are a berserkers best friend.
If there is a Siren in a group, make her your target. She goes down real easy to pulverizer heavy attacks.
Fleshpounds are highly susceptible to explosions, and unrage after a parry. Use this to your advantage to take them out fast while keeping the rest of your team safe.
Don't parry scrakes. Once you stagger them with a heavy attack from a pulverizer circle strafe around them while spamming light attacks. They'll be constantly turning to attack you, and most likely won't get a single attack off.

Normal
Rush up to a husk and use the pulverizers heavy attack to take it out in a single hit.
When facing a bloat sprint in then out to trigger his puke attack and then run back in to attack while he's recovering (also applies to hard)

Hard
Keep in mind that husks now take two heavy attacks from the pulverizer. Because of this rushing in is very risky as the husk can now self destruct and it deals a lot of damage. You're better off leaving husks to your team or taking them out with your pistol/nail gun.

Suicidal and HoE
Getting close to a husk or bloat is pretty much suicide. Bloats can now run at you while pukin, and husks now have a huge flamethrower attack that might as well be a death sentence if any other zeds are around.

Boss Strategies
While playing solo you are better off selling everything and buying an AA12. It seems like the berserker weapons don't do much to him.

While playing multiplayer, try and get him into a parry loop. When you parry his melee attacks he almost always follows up with another. Combine that with a medic that has the ability to restore your armor when you heal, and you're practically invincible while the rest of your team wails on the boss.

Here is an example of the parry loop (It start at 2:09) http://www.twitch.tv/tminator64/c/6603670

bee

loving it so far, had some really fun games, i was going to complain about the performance as it was pretty bad but as soon as you turn real time reflections off it's a smooth 4k/60

Lum1n3s

So I started playing as a Berserker yesterday and got myself all the way up to lvl. 7. I'm enjoying the class a lot and have been topping to first place in most rounds on hard mode. Funny thing is I rarely use the pulverizer unless a Scrake or FP are around. Otherwise 99% of the time it's the nailgun that's being used. The nailgun is so OP though and I love it more than the melee weapons lol. Maybe I'm not fit to be a Berserker XD.

SparkTR

We really need new classes implemented, game is fun but is severely lacking in strategy when Scrakes start flooding in. It's basically buy tons of AA 12s or die when playing above Normal.

spiritfox

We really need new classes implemented, game is fun but is severely lacking in strategy when Scrakes start flooding in. It's basically buy tons of AA 12s or die when playing above Normal.

Need the Sharpshooter and Demolitions for big zed killing.

Kinsei

Banned

Or a good berserker can keep them locked in place while everyone else opens fire.

spiritfox

Do we know what kind of playstyle the new classes will have?

Martial Artist will most likely be a parry based melee using the Katana and other finesse weapons, Gunslinger will most likely be dual pistols, and SWAT should fill in the SMG role which Field Medic used to be.

Of course this is just assumptions.

mcz117chief

Martial Artist will most likely be a parry based melee using the Katana and other finesse weapons, Gunslinger will most likely be dual pistols, and SWAT should fill in the SMG role which Field Medic used to be.

So who will have the electric guns ? Off perk ?

Lum1n3s

But the Katana falls under the Commando now (which I still don't get,) so I'm sure that won't happen.

If the Sharpshooter comes back with a crossbow I'll be more than content.

Top Bottom