• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killing Floor 2 Early Access |OT| I Buy You. Birth sign: DOSH

Xyber

So right now I can see zerk and commando getting the most changes (especially commando). Commando is fairly useless for his first ten levels on any difficulty above normal. Everything that made him good in the first game is locked behind perk skills. His level up stats don't really add anything that the other classes don't get. I mean, while seeing stalkers and health is nice. He doesn't have a lot of team contribution until he is really level and can kill trash mobs very effectively. He desperately needs recoil reduction added back in and have it scale with level. Either that or adjust the recoil on his weapons because the ak's and scar's is god damn ridiculous and not viable on full automatic. His starting weapon is literally the worst out of everyone's because the damage is awful and the burst is laughably slow. Also some of his perk skills don't fit his class, why oh why do I want extra pistol and knife damage?

Doesn't it only take 1 bullet to blow the head of the easy zeds anyway with the starter rifle? Seems dumb to even bother with burst fire when it's just a waste of ammo for those early waves.

T.O.P

Banned
So much fun. Yes this is Deck from Unreal Tournament :DD
41aeb2e2b8.jpg

Where do you download custom maps?

Doesn't it only take 1 bullet to blow the head of the easy zeds anyway with the starter rifle? Seems dumb to even bother with burst fire when it's just a waste of ammo for those early waves.

Yup, I always go single shot if the weapon allows it and only switch to full auto if help is needed on one of the big guys. While I tend to stick to hard, even my level 5 commando is able to do a good enough job with the trash to generally end up on or near the top of the score board.

Duress

Any one else having a problem loading the game? I get to the perk select screen and it just crashes. I upgraded my Nvidia driver, and it still does it. It crashed occasionally, before the driver update. Now it just does it all the time.

Xyber

Any one else having a problem loading the game? I get to the perk select screen and it just crashes. I upgraded my Nvidia driver, and it still does it. It crashed occasionally, before the driver update. Now it just does it all the time.

Tried verifying the files?

Hypron

Speaking of technical issues. Are you guys also experiencing this bug where you can't change the view while spectating? The feature worked exactly once but now nothing happens when I hit the associated key.

BHK3

Banned
So right now I can see zerk and commando getting the most changes (especially commando). Commando is fairly useless for his first ten levels on any difficulty above normal. Everything that made him good in the first game is locked behind perk skills. His level up stats don't really add anything that the other classes don't get. I mean, while seeing stalkers and health is nice. He doesn't have a lot of team contribution until he is really level and can kill trash mobs very effectively. He desperately needs recoil reduction added back in and have it scale with level. Either that or adjust the recoil on his weapons because the ak's and scar's is god damn ridiculous and not viable on full automatic. His starting weapon is literally the worst out of everyone's because the damage is awful and the burst is laughably slow. Also some of his perk skills don't fit his class, why oh why do I want extra pistol and knife damage?

While I do agree about the recoil being a bit high, I still think clip count is stupidly low and needs to be changed. If anything needs a buff it's a support, I play the guy and I can't stick with the pistol for that long and using a shotgun to kill 2-3 enemies at a time is a waste. Sure AA12 is nice but if I can get a bullpup and get a guaranteed headshot with every bullet and I got 300 shots, I rather use that then the slow ass shotguns. I have medics telling me they got the best shotguns anyway, wouldn't know haven't touch the class yet. People keep raving about the super inaccurate sawed off that seems to tickle anything above a bloat(bloats tank more than husks don't even bring those in).

Where do you download custom maps?

You have to look for servers hosting them, 95% of servers don't have custom maps or on a different rotation and only have the first set few. I would give you a name but I don't know how to favourite a server the other tabs in the server browser dont work at all for me they are just blank(history etc). I see Substation and Rockeyvalley and Goldeneye everywhere but very very few others, you gotta dig for them.

While I do agree about the recoil being a bit high, I still think clip count is stupidly low and needs to be changed. If anything needs a buff it's a support, I play the guy and I can't stick with the pistol for that long and using a shotgun to kill 2-3 enemies at a time is a waste. Sure AA12 is nice but if I can get a bullpup and get a guaranteed headshot with every bullet and I got 300 shots, I rather use that then the slow ass shotguns. I have medics telling me they got the best shotguns anyway, wouldn't know haven't touch the class yet. People keep raving about the super inaccurate sawed off that seems to tickle anything above a bloat(bloats tank more than husks don't even bring those in).
Support is the second most powerful perk available right now (lagging behind only to the Medic) whilst reigning supreme in the damage department; it's in no need of buffs. Sawed-off shotgun is good for quickly clearing out a bunched-up pack of weaker Zeds or to take down Husks / Bloats / Sirens with a well-aimed alt fire headshot when preserving AA12 ammunition. If you need something for the 'trash' on the later waves, buy the Medic's pistol (which is vastly superior to the default one) and the starter shotgun is adequate enough for the opening waves.

Lum1n3s

Support is the second most powerful perk available right now (lagging behind only to the Medic) whilst reigning supreme in the damage department; it's in no need of buffs. Sawed-off shotgun is good for quickly clearing out a bunched-up pack of weaker Zeds or to take down Husks / Bloats / Sirens with a well-aimed alt fire headshot when preserving AA12 ammunition. If you need something for the 'trash' on the later waves, buy the Medic's pistol (which is vastly superior to the default one) and the starter shotgun is adequate enough for the opening waves.

This! Always use the sawed-off shotgun first then the AA12, the fact that we can boost our health as well as reload speeds and ammo is awesome! More ammo to shell out more kills!

qmedxz.png

Last two maps down. Organized team is the way to go if like me you frown upon spamming Support / AA12's and camping in very specific spots. There's so much that can go wrong with public players.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Game is great fun, happy I had some time with it - I think I'm going to do what I did with Evolve and treat this early access build as a beta, stop playing and come back once it's closer to done.

Public service announcement: let it be known that the Medic's level 25 attribute where he now gains the ability to temporarily stun any enemy type (if applied during Zed Time only) can be incredibly useful the few times everything lines up perfectly. I mean, look at the following:

nnlmyh.gif

I had high hopes for the other perk option, the so-called AoE dart heals with more effective healing on nearby allies, but in practice it feels very underwhelming and a lone Medic already has the potential to keep a full team completely healthy without said benefit IF he can keep his shit together. Extremely situational as the above may be in comparison, it's still the vastly more potent choice.

higher difficulty yields more exp?
The XP numbers are marginally increased in between Normal and upwards, but on the flipside you get confronted by a larger batch of total Zeds so it does scale accordingly.

Bytes

I wish the game came with more than 3 maps :(

I remember when the first game released with a whopping 5 maps, and that wasn't "Early Access" either. It took time for the amount of content to build up for that game and I imagine it will be the same for the sequel.

EDIT: And if I remember correctly, the game launched without the Firebug perk.

spiritfox

I remember when the first game released with a whopping 5 maps, and that wasn't "Early Access" either. It took time for the amount of content to build up for that game and I imagine it will be the same for the sequel.

EDIT: And if I remember correctly, the game launched without the Firebug perk.

It was Demolitions, but yeah they added the perk and lvl6 perks in an update.

I think it's just a new lay out. Hopefully, we'll get some remakes!

Someone has already remade the old Biotics Lab via the editor.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
right now I don't like open maps due to the lack of sharpshooter, I want more hallway maps

oh apparently you gain exp for a weapon used by another class if you used that weapon and finish the enemy with your current class weapon?

You gain XP for any class as long as you do their requirements. You can be Commando and earn XP for every other available class.

Had the most fun being moronic in the 30 plus people rooms. Shame they took off the XP gain for those, but I see why.

I'll drop this because I've spent too much time and any more will make me sad when the wipe comes.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Happy the upcoming update does some balancing and especially adds a new map. Seems to be another reimagined level like Biotics Lab, this time with Manor.

Ferga

I played a completely dark subway tunnel custom map.

Having to deal with 2 fleshpounds and a scrake in a tight space with no lighting was damn hard.

Xyber

I played a completely dark subway tunnel custom map.

Having to deal with 2 fleshpounds and a scrake in a tight space with no lighting was damn hard.

Would be cool if flares could make it in somehow. Maybe an alt-fire on some weapon that could also set enemies on fire when you hit them with it.

Hypron

Hardly anyone in AUS/NZ seems to play the game on HoE... How am I going to get those last 3 achievements? :/

Lum1n3s

Omg, just beat Suicidal Biotics Lab in a pub game! Everyone knew what they were doing and the healer was amazing. Feels sooooo good!

Hardly anyone in AUS/NZ seems to play the game on HoE... How am I going to get those last 3 achievements? :/

I'd be down for that but only after the launch. I'm not playing the game too much right now since I know everything will get wiped anyway.

Unless they pull off some kind of "get X reward for reaching Lv25 in EA".

nilbog21

Banned
is this the official thread? why is it so dead =[

I just played with a medic who stood behind scrakes and somehow was able to stall them without attacking them .. so sick

also do fleshpounds take less damage when they are red? is there a better time to shoot them?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
is this the official thread? why is it so dead =[

Everyone I know is waiting for the remaining classes to get put in and new maps to get added. The current stable has a fairly stale metagame that requires some tweaking to get right, but tweaking too much could cause troubles when other classes are added. Plus, there's been a lot of feedback on changes that could be done to the perk system to make classes more unique and fun to play. It could be a bit longer before we see new content put out that would rekindle interest again.

There are probably lots of people like me who don't play too much because stuff will get reset anyway. It's early access. I'm not gonna gorge on it.

Yeah ive put 20+ hours in so far and im jaut waiting on some more content now. Its still only early access, im not gonna overdose on it before it gets released properly. And KF was a game with an extremely long tail, just because there wasnt alot of discussion about it, didnt mean it wasnt still really popular

Top Bottom