• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 - Euro GAF Clan Thread of Livin' La Vida Loca

Raist

Banned
Cagen said:
Yeah Lince, get to work! Find us some games :lol.

Also we should set up an England vs. mainland Europe GAFe game some time, just for a laugh. Rick, Live represent! and anyone else who is English.

Fixed. Like it or not, you're part of Europe guys. Even if you're stubborn as hell and want to keep your crappy pound :p

Facism

Ok, i still have my Bravo team tactics as provided by TTP. Rick isn't playing, so i will need someone to play Tactician on Bravo.

Lince, are you going to provide updated strats per squad (probably only needs line-up adjustments, the actual tactics and strategies can remain as they work extremely well)?

Raist

Banned
Facism said:
Ok, i still have my Bravo team tactics as provided by TTP. Rick isn't playing, so i will need someone to play Tactician on Bravo.

Lince, are you going to provide updated strats per squad (probably only needs line-up adjustments, the actual tactics and strategies can remain as they work extremely well)?

I'll forward you the tactics for Charlie
's angels
team, hold on.

That said, since you'll be 8, you could go with 2 squads.

Lince

Banned
tried some games for 5pm GMT, do we have enough people for any of these?

Teams: 4v4 (4 clans, 2 signed up)
Time: Saturday, March 28th, 5pm GMT
VP: 16 13 11 (10 fee)
Map: Radec Academy
FF: ?
Classes: All
Weapons: No rockets/gr launchers
Missions: All
Roster:

Teams: 3v3 (4 clans, 1 signed up)
Map: Blood Gracht
Classes: No Assault
Weapons: All
Roster:

Teams: 4v4 (4 clans, 3 signed up)
Time: Saturday, March 28th, 5:30pm GMT
Weapons: No rockest/gr launchers
Missions: BC + SD only
Roster:

Facism

Raist said:
I'll forward you the tactics for Charlie
's angels
team, hold on.

That said, since you'll be 8, you could go with 2 squads.

Ok 2 squads.

ALPHA:
Lince_ESPANOL
FFObsessed
ChryZ
Eccocid

BRAVO:
Live_Feed
Cagen
Viper
Stimpledorf

That sound like a good balance of the players we have? What sort of roles do we want people to have? Let me know if these lineups are fine, sort out the player roles, and i'll send BRAVO the tactics TTP wrote up for SM.

Cagen

Lince said:
tried some games for 5pm GMT, do we have enough people for any of these?

Teams: 4v4 (4 clans, 2 signed up)
Weapons: No rockets/gr launchers
Roster:

Map: Blood Gracht
Roster:

Teams: 4v4 (4 clans, 3 signed up)
Time: Saturday, March 28th, 5:30pm GMT
Weapons: No rockest/gr launchers
Missions: BC + SD only
Roster:

I can play, as can Viper I believe so sign up to which ever you like.

As far as squads go for our challenge, I would use something similar to this.

Alpha

Cagen - Assault and Engineer switching
Viper - Tactician
stimpledorf - Medic
Live_Feed - Saboteur

Bravo

Lince - Tactician
FFObsessed - Scout
eccocid - Engineer or Saboteur or Assault
ChryZ - Engineer

Edit: Lol live, great minds think alike.

Facism

Cagen said:
I can play, as can Viper I believe so sign up to which ever you like.

As far as squads go for our challenge, I would use something similar to this.

Alpha

Cagen - Assault and Engineer switching
Viper - Tactician
stimpledorf - Medic
Live_Feed - Saboteur

Bravo

Lince - Tactician
FFObsessed - Scout
eccocid - Engineer or Saboteur or Assault
ChryZ - Engineer

Edit: Lol live, great minds think alike.

:lol I guess we'll be Alpha then. Roles look good. Let me edit the tactics TTP mailed me and i'll PM everyone in squad what our objectives are. Anyone have the actual previous ALPHA team tactics SM?

Lince

Banned
Facism said:
Ok 2 squads.

ALPHA:
Lince_ESPANOL
FFObsessed
ChryZ
Eccocid

BRAVO:
Live_Feed
Cagen
Viper
Stimpledorf

That sound like a good balance of the players we have? What sort of roles do we want people to have?

remember to read TTP's strategies before playing...

-----------------------

we have war !!

------------------------

(waiting for another clan to join)

Map: SM
Roster: Viper, Cagen, Lince

-viper-

Banned
Yeah I can play without any problems at 5pm.

Cagen said:
Yeah Lince, get to work! Find us some games :lol.

Also we should set up an England vs. Europe GAFe game some time, just for a laugh. Rick, Live represent! and anyone else who is English.
Aren't you English as well?

Viper
Rick
Live
Cagen

?

Cagen

Lince said:
remember to read TTP's strategies before playing...
so nobody wants to play at 5:00pm GMT? I think it would be a pretty decent warm up.

I want to play you crazy Spaniard!

Viper said:
Aren't you English as well?

That I am.

Facism said:
I guess we'll be Alpha then. Roles look good. Let me edit the tactics TTP mailed me and i'll PM everyone in squad what our objectives are. Anyone have the actual previous ALPHA team tactics SM?

I got my orders from Bosley.

Lince

Banned
Cagen said:
I have Charlie team's tactics, I know what I'm doing as it'll be the same.

yes in SM I'll be going by TTP's advices and strategies again.

so who wants to play at 5pm GMT besides Viper and Cagen? any other time preference?

Cagen

Lince said:
yes in SM I'll be going by TTP's advices and strategies again.

so who wants to play at 5pm GMT besides Viper and Cagen? any other time preference?

I am free all day so sign up to anything you want to play Lince and I'll join you.

Facism said:
whut? I don't need to edit these tactics and send you a copy, then?

If you are going to cut up TTPs tactics I would just give a broad overview of what everyone should be doing and send it out to everyone playing so people don't get confused. If some people are going by the old tactics and what they did there and others aren't and if people have changed classes and things it could get a bit messy.

Facism

Cagen said:
I have Charlie team's tactics, I know what I'm doing as it'll be the same.

ok boss. I'm sending you a copy of the Squad tactics anyway, so you know what the rest of us are doing in the meanwhile.

Just copy-pasted TTP's strats and added a foreword.

Cagen

Facism said:
ok boss. I'm sending you a copy of the Squad tactics anyway, so you know what the rest of us are doing in the meanwhile.

Just copy-pasted TTP's strats and added a foreword.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Facism

:lol

I just appended what stimpledorf will be doing. Viper is taking Rick's role, i'm doing mine and you have yours. Not much to add (ie i got bored)

I'm going to get some practice in now. Won't be able to play till the game later after this hour.

Raist

Banned
You'd better win guys...

full-metal-jacket-ermey.jpg

Or I'm going to rip your balls off, so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world! I will motivate you, GAFe, IF IT SHORT-DICKS EVERY CANNIBAL ON THE CONGO!

KZObsessed

I havn't seen any strategy... I'm usually best as a lone wolf anyway. Will play Scout during the S&D missions and Sab/Boost in the others.

Oh and thanx for removing me as an officer you asshole :lol

Cagen

Has the challenge even been accepted yet? :lol

FFObsessed said:
I havn't seen any strategy... I'm usually best as a lone wolf anyway. Will play Scout during the S&D missions and Sab/Boost in the others.

Check your PMs.

KZObsessed

Normally when you say "check your PMs" that means you've sent something... I've got nothing here :lol

My PS3 just froze on the Synching players screen.

Ilparazzo

Raist said:
You'd better win guys...

full-metal-jacket-ermey.jpg

Or I'm going to rip your balls off, so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world! I will motivate you, GAFe, IF IT SHORT-DICKS EVERY CANNIBAL ON THE CONGO!
Har, classic

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:
My PS3 just froze on the Synching players screen.

how about joining us for some clan match in a couple of hours? have you read about the GAFe tournament btw? you seem to play very often and this tournament could be a lot of fun don't you think?

Cagen

FFObsessed said:
Normally when you say "check your PMs" that means you've sent something... I've got nothing here :lol

I thought Facism would have sent you one seeing as he sent me one. Nevermind.

GAFNA still haven't accepted the challenge so I have no idea if that is going ahead or not.

We have a match tonight at 11pm GMT, 3v3. I need 2 people to join me for that.

Name: 3vs3 8clanes (SEMI-FINAL)
Ladder: 5 clans, 3vs3
Time: Sunday, March 29th, 11pm GMT
VP: 22 16 12 (10VP fee)
Map: BG
Modes: BC, C&H, S&D
FF: Off
Classes: Medic only
Roster: Cagen

If any tournaments get joined or you need me for anything send me a message on PSN, I'll be watching stuff on it.

Lince

Banned
Cagen said:
I thought Facism would have sent you one seeing as he sent me one. Nevermind.

GAFNA still haven't accepted the challenge so I have no idea if that is going ahead or not.

We have a match tonight at 11pm GMT, 3v3. I need 2 people to join me for that.

Name: 3vs3 8clanes (SEMI-FINAL)
Ladder: 5 clans, 3vs3
Time: Sunday, March 29th, 11pm GMT
VP: 22 16 12 (10VP fee)
Map: BG
Modes: BC, C&H, S&D
FF: Off
Classes: Medic only
Roster: Cagen

If any tournaments get joined or you need me for anything send me a message on PSN, I'll be watching stuff on it.

count me in but the date says Sunday March 29th ?

also we won't be playing the game at 5pm GMT, I didn't subscribe since the description says 3vs3 but it's set for a maximum of 32 players so I guess it's a trap. I've created a tournament 3vs3 5pm GMT in SM (for practice) hope another clan joins and we can play... the rest of the tournament list is either 4vs4 - 5vs5 or 1vs1 crap.

KZObsessed

Lince said:
how about joining us for some clan match in a couple of hours? have you read about the GAFe tournament btw? you seem to play very often and this tournament could be a lot of fun don't you think?

I don't know about the GAFe tournament, I'm not really a fan of the really small games 2vs2, 3vs3 stuff. I havn't played too many clan games mostly because I've been ill for the last month or so, been in hospital a few times, so I prefer to just play random games when I get free time rather than "competitive" games. I know you guys only play for fun but I want to win. :lol Been too tired for it tho really. Had some great games with Kittonwy last night.

I can play in some clan games today tho, I want to play in more. There's a 4 vs 4 on SM at 10:45? That'd be perfect. I can "power nap" before and wake up for the game. :lol

Or the 3vs3 game at 11pm with you Cagen.

Raist

Banned
FFObsessed said:

You're welcome :p

I can put you back in if you were planning to check the tourney list or recruit people and stuff. :D

Cagen

We've been challenged for 250VP, 5pm GMT (20 minutes from now) on BG 3v3 - no assault, no scout.

I am game but I don't know if we'll get 2 other people with such short notice. Why are all these people that challenge us idiots and only send the challenge like an hour before the match is supposed to start, people have lives and things they need to organise around.

Cagen

FFObsessed said:
I can play in some clan games today tho, I want to play in more. There's a 4 vs 4 on SM at 10:45? That'd be perfect. I can "power nap" before and wake up for the game. :lol

Or the 3vs3 game at 11pm with you Cagen.

We got knocked out of the tournament scheduled for 10:45, no idea why it is still showing in our events page. Feel free to join us for the 11pm tournament though. It'll be myself, you and Lince.

KZObsessed

Raist said:
You're welcome :p

I can put you back in if you were planning to check the tourney list or recruit people and stuff. :D

You don't really need me to at the moment with all the clan games being organised by others.

But if they were busy anytime and I was available I would have organised some and tried to get people to join. That's why you have backups, and I'm going to be with KZ2 for the long haul but hey forget it.

Cagen

FFObsessed said:
Thanx Cagen. I was about to leave but I can play in that game if you can't get 2 others.

I'm not going to bother accepting it as we wont get a team together and if we do it will be last minute with no organisation. It is stupid that these kids expect us to be able to drop everything and play them when they challenge us with no notice. Get some damn responsibilities kids!

Obviously I am totally assuming they are kids with nothing better to do then challenge clans to play games instantaneously :lol.

KZObsessed

Cagen said:
I'm not going to bother accepting it as we wont get a team together and if we do it will be last minute with no organisation. It is stupid that these kids expect us to be able to drop everything and play them when they challenge us with no notice. Get some damn responsibilities kids!

Obviously I am totally assuming they are kids with nothing better to do then challenge clans to play games instantaneously :lol.

Damn dirty kids! Send em a message and give em a good telling off! :p

I'm gonna play a few more games now I think.

Raist

Banned
FFObsessed said:
You don't really need me to at the moment with all the clan games being organised by others.

But if they were busy anytime and I was available I would have organised some and tried to get people to join. That's why you have backups, and I'm going to be with KZ2 for the long haul but hey forget it.

It's not like it would take me hours to put you back in. As you weren't online a lot lately or just playing random games mostly, I assumed you wouldn't play a lot of the clan stuff (and I wasn't aware of your health issues, hope you'll get well soon, cheers).
There was a shitload of officers, most of them doing absolutely nothing for the clan activity. Since it's the only point of being an officer, I just removed a couple of folks. It's not like I've banned them or something :p

Can't speak for others, but it's annoying and depressing to see a huge clan roster, and always the same 8-10 people playing :/

Anyway, just back home, going to chill a bit and leave for some pool fun.

Have fun guys, godspeed for the challenge and tourneys :)

DESTROY THEM. BRING ME THEIR BALLS AND EARS. CORRIDA STYLE

Raist

Banned
Ok, done.

Boy, the tourney list is really shit lately, well except that nice 8000VP tourney that we could have won, I'm sure, if Cagen hadn't wussed out.
j/k mate :p

I see that GAFNA still hasn't accepted the challenge. They're scaaared :lol

k I'm out for good this time. I ant to see WINZ when I come back :D
Enjoy and HF :)

Cagen

-viper- said:
Exactly what tournaments are scheduled for today? What happened to the 5PM games?

I'm not sure, the 3v3 wasn't actually a 3v3 but nothing else was subscribed to. If GAFNA doesn't accept our challenge then I'll subscribe to some matches tonight.

I wish they would say one way or the other though as if we aren't playing the challenge then I am going out to play pool tonight, so not knowing pretty much shits on my plans for tonight either way :(

Lince

Banned
the 3vs3 games were all 32 or 16 players games, I created a 5pm GMT 3vs3 tournament in SM but not a single clan subscribed :(

I'm checking the tourney list at the moment and can't find anything below 4vs4 or 5vs5, are we enough people for that?

and what happened with the GAF US challenge? man... random games are so boring... if the challenge isn't happening we should create a GAFe room and play together or something.

Rolf NB

What's with the 8:30pm GMT match? Still happening? Roster full?
Lince said:
so much hype for nothing :/
What if they accept five minutes before the match, jump on it and then we don't show up? I call psychological warfare!

Cagen

They haven't accepted, they have around 20 minutes to do so before it gets automatically canceled.

I am heading out to play some pool, if the match goes ahead then you can take my spot in the match bcn-ron. I'll send you the tactics over just in case. I will also check the tournament list and subscribe to a game around 9ish if there is anything going so you guys have something to play tonight.

I may not be back in time for the 11pm game that was myself, Lince and Ffobsessed so if someone could replace me that would be grand, I think Raist will be back by then if no one else wants to play.

Top Bottom