• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 - Euro GAF Clan Thread of Livin' La Vida Loca

Raist

Banned
Jeebus, the tourney list is CRAP for tonight. Only free/10VP tourneys. :(

How about creating one with high VP? Like 1000 or something :D

We could make it 4vs4 or 6vs6, if you guys want to join the fun.

Lince

Banned
Raist said:
Jeebus, the tourney list is CRAP for tonight. Only free/10VP tourneys. :(

How about creating one with high VP? Like 1000 or something :D

We could make it 4vs4 or 6vs6, if you guys want to join the fun.

count me in!!! go for broke!!

Ilparazzo

I'm out of town until tonight so I don't think I can join any games today, about the tournament, I don't really care about any of those options so someone choose for me :lol

Raist

Banned
Ok, I guess the rules and ladder,, even if e few people would still have to vote, are pretty much determined now.

So far we've got 5 votes for RA and 3 for TD. I guess we might as well pick RA and that's it :p

As far as the other rules go, I forgot to ask, but I guess everyone is fine with all modes (no tweaks), all weapons and all classes?

Sooo, the first series of matches (I've randomized that) would be:

Cagen
ChryZ
JardeL
VS
Live
WTFing
Ilparazzo

Raist
stimpledorf
Rick
VS
Lince
Viper
Dave

Time to try to set up the time and stuff.
Remember that it's played in 2 rounds, first ISA-HGH, then HGH-ISA, so you'd need to ba able to play ~1 hour or so.
Set up a room according to the rules (remember to switch balance off), and PW protect it and PM the password to the people from your team and your opponents.

Raist

Banned
TTP said:
Ah ok. Sorry I couldn't follow the thread these last days.

Why do you password it tho? Can't you just use the Clan only option?

yeah, I know. :(
Well, if you want to join the fun, we could try to find 2 other members to make a new team!

And yeah, didn't think about that :p
People creating the room will do as they like, I guess

Cagen

I am up for a tournament or something tonight, high stakes is good if someone wants to set it up :lol.

For the GAFe tournament, all modes, weapons and classes with FF on.

Lince

Banned
man the tournament list is crap... I wish there was a "clan party" system that quickly put you in a random clan game even if it's a 2vs2 (with custom preferences, ie no rockets - friendly fire etc)

Raist

Banned
Lince said:
man the tournament list is crap... I wish there was a "clan party" system that quickly put you in a random clan game even if it's a 2vs2 (with custom preferences, ie no rockets - friendly fire etc)

Basically a filter system for the tournaments? I've been saying this for AGES

FIX THIS SHIT TEMPY

Anyway. I can set up a tournament for today, 6vs6 on SM, high VP fee.
Who whould join
Yeah, Cagen and Lince you're game, I know :p
And what time? 9pm GMT?

Also, get your shit together and organize these GAFe tourney matches now!

*paging rick and stimpledorf*

Raist

Banned
-viper- said:
So what games are going to be held today?

When is the GAFe v GAFe match going to take place?

RTFP!

:p

1- Tourney list is crap, I can try to set up a 6vs6 high VP tourney IF we have enough members joining it.

2- Ladder has been established, it's up to you guys to decide when you want to play your matches.

Raist

Banned
-viper- said:
I'll join anything!

So that'd be

Lince, Cagen, Viper, Raist so far.
Is 9pm GMT ok for you guys? I guess we'll manage to find 2 other members. SM would be nice. I'll disable RL and GL (but keep the assault or Cagen would not be happy :p)

We'd need 2 engineers, 2 tacts, 1 assault and a freelance (who could switch to sniper, quite useful on this map)

edit: jeebus the #1 clan has 500k VP

edit2: great, can't create a tournament :(

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
If you guys need more players let us know. Dan and I are usually on late (between 9 till 12am) at night almost everyday, that's until I get bored of KZ2. Actually, I'm getting bored of normal matches. Played against an extremely ANNOYING 12 year old american kid last night, god he made me curse more than I have in my entire life! AND I NEVER CURSE! Anyways, looking forward to play with you guys.

Raist

Banned
ilanna said:
If you guys need more players let us know. Dan and I are usually on late (between 9 till 12am) at night almost everyday, that's until I get bored of KZ2. Actually, I'm getting bored of normal matches. Played against an extremely ANNOYING 12 year old american kid last night, god he made me curse more than I have in my entire life! AND I NEVER CURSE! Anyways, looking forward to play with you guys.

Random matches are a pain, that's why we play clan stuff 95% of the time
(except Lince who is a point whore, that is)

edit: OK, looks like the tourney server is FUBAR. The tournament I've set up is actually displayed in the list (despite the system telling me that it wouldn't work) but shows 0 clans suscribed (and it's the case for a lot of tourneys) and I can't suscribe to it. Sigh.

Oh well, I guess today would be a nice day to start our GAFe tourney then.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Hey guys. Ilanna's BF here. Just like to say that I'm really greatful for you letting me in, and me not even being a member yet :D Your generousity knows no bounds! And I'll try my very best to do you guys proud when we play together. Looking forward to playing with you! And thanks again!

Wowbagger

Got room for a Norwegian noob in the clan? :)

I'm half-decent in BC. Still learning the other modes. I've mostly been playing whatever was necessary to get the Platinum trophy so far (which I just got, woohoo!), but I think Tactician with repair badge may turn out to be my favourite class.

I play quite a bit, but irregularly. Some days I log 6+ hours, others I don't have time at all. Should be on at least half the days in a week, though.

Not sure anyone would be able to understand my ugly accent, but I've got the official headset. :)

My PSN is W0Wbaggr. Please invite me!

Raist

Banned
ilanna said:
Hey guys. Ilanna's BF here. Just like to say that I'm really greatful for you letting me in, and me not even being a member yet :D Your generousity knows no bounds! And I'll try my very best to do you guys proud when we play together. Looking forward to playing with you! And thanks again!

No prob mate, always nice to see new faces :D

Wowbagger: invite sent!

Cagen

GAFe Tournament - Cagen's Commandos

I can pretty much play any time and when ever, tonight will be awesome if we can get a match sorted out so Jardel and Chryz assemble! When ever you two are free along with Live's Losers :lol we can organise a match.

To get the ball rolling, how does 9PM GMT tonight sound? If we get a yes from everyone I'll make a game under the name Cagen and we can get our first match out of the way. If we don't then no worries as it is fairly short notice, someone else can suggest a time they are available and I'll make myself available for it :p.

Lince

Banned
ok I've been destroying noobz with Dave, now where and when are those clan games? I can play mine right now bitches. My team's name is LTTP... (Lince's Tasty Tapas Party)

oh and I'm GMT+2 since yesterday... meh, sunlight today until 10pm though.

edited for dumbness: I'm still GMT+1 since GMT itself changed to daylight saving... heh

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
We both have a headset as well. Dan's headset doesn't work most of the time (it's Jabra) I have a crappy old motorola headset, it does the job but sometimes it's hard to hear what I'm saying, and my accent is kinda weird. I'll be getting Official headset soon, hopefully. Thing is nobody uses theirs while playing during random matches, so dunno if I should invest in it.

Cagen

Lince said:
ok I've been destroying noobz with Dave, now where and when are those clan games? I can play mine right now bitches. My team's name is LTTP... (Lince's Tasty Tapas Party)

edited for dumbness: I'm still GMT+1 since GMT itself changed to daylight saving... heh

Our clocks went forward last night too, obviously. Keep that in mind when signing up to things guys :lol.

Ilparazzo

Cagen said:
GAFe Tournament - Cagen's Commandos

I can pretty much play any time and when ever, tonight will be awesome if we can get a match sorted out so Jardel and Chryz assemble! When ever you two are free along with Live's Losers :lol we can organise a match.

To get the ball rolling, how does 9PM GMT tonight sound? If we get a yes from everyone I'll make a game under the name Cagen and we can get our first match out of the way. If we don't then no worries as it is fairly short notice, someone else can suggest a time they are available and I'll make myself available for it :p.
Luca fears no man!!!
Luca.jpg

I'm probably home by that time, but it would be better around 9.30 or later.

EDIT: Forgot most of you don't know me as Luca Blight, now you know anyways, so cmon lives, stop crying about turkey and step up!

Raist

Banned
Lince said:
(Lince's Tasty Tapas Party)

:lol :lol :lol

Man you'll never cease to make me rofl.

Anyway, I got the
bad, bad
daddy in my team, so I hope we'll manage to steal some of his free time to organize our first match vs you guys :)
Nice name you have there. We're going to EAT YOU

As for spectating, put in on or off as you wish, in case you're afraid we would spy your tactics :p
It'd be better to put a PW on tho, because if a clan member is not aware of this tourney and jumps in your game, it might ruin it.

Raist

Banned
Oh boy, random games are so boring. Just joined a BC on PR, finished with 185 points. Second player on my side had 88 :lol

Anyway. It's oh so quiet all of a sudden, is everyone dead? :eek:

Cagen

Raist said:
Oh boy, random games are so boring. Just joined a BC on PR, finished with 185 points. Second player on my side had 88 :lol

Anyway. It's oh so quiet all of a sudden, is everyone dead? :eek:

Yes.

Is the tournament list still broken? If it gets fixed sign up to a 2v2 or something and I'll join. I don't play in random games any more as they are terrible and bore me, it is a shame really as it means the game wont hold my interest as long as it could.

Raist

Banned
Cagen said:
Yes.

Is the tournament list still broken? If it gets fixed sign up to a 2v2 or something and I'll join. I don't play in random games any more as they are terrible and bore me, it is a shame really as it means the game wont hold my interest as long as it could.

Apparently it's fixed. I've joined a "random" 2vs2 on TD to check. Problem is, there was NO clan registered, so we're the only one :p
First round is at 9.45

Cagen

Raist said:
Apparently it's fixed. I've joined a "random" 2vs2 on TD to check. Problem is, there was NO clan registered, so we're the only one :p
First round is at 9.45

:lol It will probably be cancelled but I'll be there.

Lince

Banned
Raist said:
First round is at 9.45

no clan? lol, this is a mess....

Raist

Banned
Alright, I'll suscribe. Let's hope we'll find a 4th :p

2vs2 tourney is about to get cancelled, subs are closed. Too bad, 3 clans (including us) have joined.

edit: my bad, the 500vp touney starts @ 10.15 GMT. :O
Suscribed

Raist

Banned
4vs4

2 clans (including us) signed up. It's gonna get cancelled as well. I guess with today's clusterfuck with the tourney server people don't bother anymore :(

dazed808

Raist said:
Anyway, I got the bad, bad daddy in my team,
Wait wat... I've been arm deep in nappies and formula milk since the day she's been born:lol

so I hope we'll manage to steal some of his free time to organize our first match vs you guys :)
Tomorrow eve is looking good for me tho prob after 8.30 if poss - see what the others say....

Raist

Banned
dazed808 said:
Wait wat... I've been arm deep in nappies and formula milk since the day she's been born:lol

Tomorrow eve is looking good for me tho prob after 8.30 if poss - see what the others say....

I know mate, just kidding :p

Sooo looks like it's going to happen tomorrow.
Well, we need to catch stimpled0rf because he's the only one who hasn't shown up yet

Just reposting the list because I don't want to go dig the thread to find it again :p

Cagen
ChryZ
JardeL
VS
Live
WTFing
Ilparazzo

Raist
stimpledorf
Rick
VS
Lince