• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

WTFing

Banned
beast786 said:
:(

cod = call of duty
error - 10002
MP
why
what the fuck you GG and SONY were doing?
wtf?

cod = call of duty? 3? lol

lol
Full Recovery said:
Don't fucking quote my avatar, You know what happens when you quote my avatar?

Indifferent2.gif
GG mmmmh! ;)

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Nightz said:
Gah, I found a Target that started selling them on Sunday, but they were all sold out. The guy I talked to was pretty knowledgeable about games, and he said that they might get more tomorrow. I'll check other Targets when I get off work though.

Awesome, I will check the Target near me later tonight.

Carlisle

God dammit. Everytime I come here, I decide to get KZ. Everytime I go to the RE5 thread, I decide to get that. WHY MUST THE FATES MAKE ME CHOOSE?!

highlander.jpg

There can be only one!
:(

A.R.K

Full Recovery said:
I created GAF US East this morning, so if you have the game just search for it and join. (I have to accept for it to go through)

TTP created Euro GAF 1 today as well.

Any one can create a clan? Can 1 person join 2 clans?

Can somebody please explain why GG left out a proper matchmaking interface in the final build? Why would any developer in their right mind omit a tried and true method of getting people into games that has been in existence ever since Halo 2 hit the market? It just seems absolutely ridiculous to have to wait 15 minutes to get a game going. So the single player is 10-15 hours long. That's cool, I can deal with that--I'm more of a multiplayer fan anyway. But at least give me a decent online interface to jump into games with. Bullshit like this is why the PS3 is still getting it's ass kicked by the 360 in regards to the FPS genre.

WTFing

Banned
Carlisle said:
God dammit. Everytime I come here, I decide to get KZ. Everytime I go to the RE5 thread, I decide to get that. WHY MUST THE FATES MAKE ME CHOOSE?!
buy the next Zelda or Mario. cool.
or the fucking KILLZONE2! but you better play it on 'veteran'.
KILLZONE2 first play = veteran
you know, it's a me a helghan!

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
The Wise Old Man said:
Can somebody please explain why GG left out a proper matchmaking interface in the final build? Why would any developer in their right mind omit a tried and true method of getting people into games that has been in existence ever since Halo 2 hit the market? It just seems absolutely ridiculous to have to wait 15 minutes to get a game going. So the single player is 10-15 hours long. That's cool, I can deal with that--I'm more of a multiplayer fan anyway. But at least give me a decent online interface to jump into games with. Bullshit like this is why the PS3 is still getting it's ass kicked by the 360 in regards to the FPS genre.

No, it's perfect.

Core407

Banned
The Wise Old Man said:

It takes like 10-15 minutes to just get into a match making game in anything on 360. Halo 3, Gears of War, etc. You sit there and wait. It's a horribly flawed system.

DoomGyver

Bugnology said:
I know I am a fool, but bugs since the fucking beta?
The bug is simple, and something that would have passed QA

The bug is when you search for Everything with no restriction and receive a LONG games list you can't scroll through the list.

That's all it is.

The Wise Old Man said:

No offense man but outside of halo 2 and 3 I haven't played any console games
with a great matchmaking interface.

I also take it you haven't played Gears of War 2.

WTFing

Banned
The Wise Old Man said:
What MP 'game' are you playing right now, I'll join the party!

Model 500 said:
No, just push up on the dpad and follow the arrows. It's quite an atmosphere breaker to see 5 guys just sitting still in cover doing nothing and reacting to nothing when there's supposed to be a full blown war going on, the bullets are whizzing and the missiles banging but the guys just sit lifeless unless you move forward to where the next action trigger is...I've found I enjoy the game most if I just run and gun, this way I can somehow keep the atmosphere from breaking.

Thanks!!

JB1981

The Wise Old Man said:
Someone hasn't been paying attention.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
edit: not going to be part of the this quote parade :lol

This live chat thing they have going on at the Playstation blog right now with the GG guys is cool.

The 4D ad thingie sounds pretty neat, too.

Anyone get their questions in yet?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Core407 said:
It takes like 10-15 minutes to just get into a match making game in anything on 360. Halo 3, Gears of War, etc. You sit there and wait. It's a horribly flawed system.
Seriously. Most 360 games have you waiting just as long to get into a good game. At their peaks, Halo 2 and 3 were pretty decent in this regard, but most other games have some serious waiting associated with them.

Alright NYCgaffers, I'm saying fuck trying to get it before the street date at this point. My gamestop preorder will be there for me Friday it already has like $20 bucks on it.

Won't get to play till Sat afternoon since Friday night is go out and get reaaaaally fucking drunk for no more than $20 night with the regular crew.

JB1981

dark10x said:
Seriously. Most 360 games have you waiting just as long to get into a good game. At their peaks, Halo 2 and 3 were pretty decent in this regard, but most other games have some serious waiting associated with them.
It doesn't take 10-15 minutes to join ANY of the top 360 MP shooters (Gears, Halo, COD 4 etc.) Gears 2 matchmaking used to be shit but with a least a party of 2 the wait times rarely exceed a few minutes. Halo is very fucking fast now and COD 4 is nearly instant. Don't know what games you guys have been playing or how long ago you played them.

Ephemeris

MickeyKnox said:
Alright NYCgaffers, I'm saying fuck trying to get it before the street date at this point. My gamestop preorder will be there for me Friday it already has like $20 bucks on it.

Won't get to play till Sat afternoon since Friday night is go out and get reaaaaally fucking drunk for no more than $20 night with the regular crew.

Got it in Brooklyn. See:

YoungHav said:
NYC people, the Game Champ in downtown Brooklyn on Nevins St is selling it, just got mine!

Zezboob

oneHeero said:
Some people bitched about this during beta(me) and gaf beta players sweared that it was the perfect online setup.
I lol'd @ them for thinking a lobby system wouldnt be needed. I see I was correct because this is the exact reason why I was complaining about this.
When some of us complained about this, we got the same resonse from beta players "boo hoo guys the online setup is perfect you dont need a lobby system you just join your your friend and voila its all good"

I hate making a lobby and waiting just to be on the same team. O well, I still cant wait for the game and I know it aint gonna bother me after a while, but still wish it had a party system because its stupid to run into the situation you just did.
Yeah, I think I remember of that.
But you know, back then people were a bit sensitive, afraid that media etc would try to kill the game for any reason possible.

But now, I would like that people think about all the things that can improved, and I think there is something to do about this. Let's hope.

Raist said:
Huh so what's the point of squads if I hear a dozen people shout in the mic
You can always respawn close to the squad leader.
Personally that's the main utility I found.

Kittonwy said:
You need to be quiet when you're around enemies so you don't give away your position. In a squad you can only hear your squad mates and any loud mouth close-by.
Yeah, and that's good.

Because I love hearing people screaming "how he fucking killed me ?!?".

Something that snipers and campers can't understand :D

Core407 said:
That's totally false. You don't like it, ok, but no need to lie about it.

BruceLeeRoy said:
No offense man but outside of halo 2 and 3 I haven't played any console games with a great matchmaking interface.

I also take it you haven't played Gears of War 2.
Gears of War 2 has now a good matchmaking.

But what would really suit to Killzone 2 is a BFBC system, a team stacking system to find a lobby, put you in the same team (and better, in the same squad everytimes) and you stay in the same lobby after the match.

Matchmaking is great and all but it's not nearly as important to me as a party system. I'd be cool with a server list if you can create a party of friends and have the leader choose the server.

Finding games is usually not a problem in most somewhat popular games but getting a group of people into a game together, can often be a bit of a pain.

Bugnology said:
What MP 'game' are you playing right now, I'll join the party!

COD4 on the 360. Best matchmaking interface ever. Twenty seconds and I'm in. And it mirrors the Halo system perfectly. I'm not saying that Halo is the alpha and omega of FPS games, but it did set the standard for how online matchmaking should flow. I've never waited more than a minute or two to get into a game. Waiting 15 minutes for a fragfest, no matter how fun, is totally unacceptable.

And yes, Gears has terrible matchmaking problems (and buggy servers too).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Am I missing something? When I joined a game last night, all I had to do was find a game with open player slots, press X to join, and then press X again to confirm that I was ready, and bam, I was in.

KZObsessed

The Wise Old Man said:
COD4 on the 360. Best matchmaking interface ever. Twenty seconds and I'm in. And it mirrors the Halo system perfectly. I'm not saying that Halo is the alpha and omega of FPS games, but it did set the standard for how online matchmaking should flow. I've never waited more than a minute or two to get into a game. Waiting 15 minutes for a fragfest, no matter how fun, is totally unacceptable.

Why are you acting as if KZ2 takes 15 minutes to get into a game when it is in fact as quick or quicker than anything else out there?

SolidSnakex said:
From the live chat about how long KZ2 was in development

Not nearly as long as some try to make it out to be.

They said in one interview they have had the Multiplayer up and running for 3 years. They were even playing with some devs in the states and sharing ideas and stuff.

The online will be awesome. I mean, I played Warhawk for 6 months and already had a list of things I would change to make it better.

Imagine having 3 years to work on something.

JB1981

The Wise Old Man said:

It doesn't mirror the Halo system at all. COD 4 just throws you into a game - it doesn't match you up by skill and you stay in the same lobby you started in. You don't exit back out after the game, you keep on rolling on with the same people (which is fine by me, but it's not like Halo AT ALL). And Gears 2 matchmaking is fine now.

GodofWine

Rez said:
Am I missing something? When I joined a game last night, all I had to do was find a game with open player slots, press X to join, and then press X again to confirm that I was ready, and bam, I was in.

No...you get it.

I'm saying this as a guy who likes online play over the campaign stuff. Slow servers are one thing. I get it, it's day 1 for this game. That's totally fine. R2 had terrible servers at first and now they're lightning fast and it's wonderfully easy to jump into a game. What I'm faulting GG for here is leaving out a tried and true component that's essential to any reputable multiplayer FPS. It's 2009 people, get with the picture.

WTFing

Banned
The Wise Old Man said:

OK, now what's your PSN username so I can join your 'party'?
There's no need to bring very old games like H3, or even more recent games like cod4.
What's your PSN username sir? Let's play together, please.
PEACE!

Zezboob

Rez said:
Yep, works perfectly.

When you decided to play alone :D

Ephemeris

MickeyKnox said:
Eh, I live in Brooklyn but I'm in BedStuy right on border of Bushwick so it's not worth going waaaaaaaaaaaaay the fuck over there.

I think.....

...Search your Feelings Mickey.:lol

Top Bottom