• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
JSnake said:
So, a friend of mine wrote this article and asked me to post it here since he'd like some feedback on it. I'm just gonna drop it right here.

http://www.ipr.edu/multimedia/index...iews-spark-embarassing-responses-from-gamers/

I didn't read the whole thing, but my first thought is that he should spell check the title next time. That's rather .... "embarrassing", don't ya think?

Also, most people on my PSN list are CoD whores and have no intention of playing this right away, and I would like some regulars to play this with, so I may add a few of you guys if that's okay. My PSN is LiquidJM.

Wizman23 said:
Just like Too Human had 2 million plus pre orders? :lol Hate to say it, but no midnight launches means that they are nowhere near 2.5 million. Not even in the same ballpark, area code, etc.....

It probably did have pre-order numbers in that ballpark area.

And then everyone played the demo. So it goes.

Enojado

I plan on playing the hell out of this game so feel free to add me to your PSN friend list.

PSN = thugmuffin77

Oh, if you add me please let me know you're from gaf (that way I have a rough idea who the hell is adding me) :D

desertdroog

I need to comment on the backstory info in the first part of the thread.

Thank you. As I am a newbie to the franchise, this helped me in getting up to speed.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
womfalcs3 said:
Thank you again Fersis for the demo code. Almost done with the download.
Enjoy it, its a little short but awesome

dwin45

Is the Gamestop demo the same as the Europe demo? Why don't people just create a European account (takes 5 minutes) instead of asking people for the Gamestop code?

I wish the demo had multiplayer, but I am still fine with playing it repeatedly until my preorder is available!

I am ready to be KILLZOWNED!

WretchedTruman said:
It probably did have pre-order numbers in that ballpark area.

And then everyone played the demo. So it goes.

Retail maybe. No game in history would of had anywhere near 2 million customer pre-orders.

Edit: this is by far the best official thread i have seen, bring on the real deal now :D

jmonteiro

blindrocket said:
I wish the demo had multiplayer, but I am still fine with playing it repeatedly until my preorder is available!

I am ready to be KILLZOWNED!

I know exactly what you mean. I've played that demo at least 20 times... and I'll play it again today :D

Iain Howe

don't ask me for codes
UntoldDreams said:
So the Helgan corporation, an energy company, was based on Enron?

You know Michael Moorcock's 'The Eternal Champion'? I think the 21st Century's version of that is 'The Eternal Corporation'.

It might be Weyland-Yutani, it might be Shinra, it might be Arasaka or Aztecnology or even real world companies like Halliburton or the like, but there is definitely the idea of an allpowerful globe-spanning corporation dominating our lives firmly fixed in our Jungian Psyche now.

Iain Howe said:
You know Michael Moorcock's 'The Eternal Champion'? I think the 21st Century's version of that is 'The Eternal Corporation'.

It might be Weyland-Yutani, it might be Shinra, it might be Arasaka or Aztecnology or even real world companies like Halliburton or the like, but there is definitely the idea of an allpowerful globe-spanning corporation dominating our lives firmly fixed in our Jungian Psyche now.

I have to say I do enjoy the backstory and lore which has been created Iain.
(I envision Haliburton PMC's becoming Helghast soldiers)

Can someone tell me exactly what you have to do to get the Achieve weekly online honor rank #1, #2, #3, #4 trophies? I still have no idea what is meant by that.

nib95

Banned
Truant said:
Played for another hour.

Best. Shotgun. Ever.

Best. Flashlight. Ever.

Lol, I played with a colleague when I first got the game. We had exactly the same thoughts. The shotgun is...just...legendary!

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
After playing the demo countless times since the death of my bluray drive, I have decided that I'm playing campaign mode Kommando style, as in no HUD and no Crosshairs. This makes quite a difference, in the demo at least.

I read the timeline and it is really fantastic.

All of the information about blockades, orbital defenses, battle ships, etc. really makes me wish for some space battles or something. :lol

Haunted

SolidSnakex said:
928377_20090211_screen001.jpg
Can't see shit.

WasabiKing said:
why don't we just ban you instead
whoops!

Applesauce said:
After playing the demo countless times since the death of my bluray drive, I have decided that I'm playing campaign mode Kommando style, as in no HUD and no Crosshairs. This makes quite a difference, in the demo at least.
Fuck yeah, only way to play it, imo. Going for maximum immersion. Wish more games would offer the option.

blindrocket said:

All of the information about blockades, orbital defenses, battle ships, etc. really makes me wish for some space battles or something. :lol

KZ sapce fighter game based in the first extrasolar war. Believe!

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
blindrocket said:

The only thing is I wish that some of that info on the story was incorporated into the game somehow.

PuMa

Doubledex said:
So you're friend is an idiot (and actually a fanboy) and wants to make shit up here? Sorry for him. Yeah, I feel sorry for him. Poor guy

Agreed. That was actually painful to read. Does he even realize that ever big game release receives that same reaction when reviews surface? Isn't that why there are so many "defense forces"??

Awntawn

So I just got the Helghast rifle from the guy on the roof in the demo... Holy shit. I hope there are many chances to use it in the full version, that was so damn satisfying in terms of the feeling of wielding power in your hands. I almost feel evil now.

KGKK

Banned
I may be late but wow at the OT. Even better than the MGS4 one.
Can't wait for this game to come out, MP sounds like its going to very addictive. May even surpass my Warkhawk MP time.
For such a short demo, I find myself constantly playing it and can't get enough. Can only imagine what the full game will be like.

Please come soon Feb26th eventhough I have my midterm exams during that time:(

Btw people, add me on PSN. I just cleared my list checking the last logon time and don't have much people left.

PSN: KGKK

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
AranhaHunter said:
Can someone tell me exactly what you have to do to get the Achieve weekly online honor rank #1, #2, #3, #4 trophies? I still have no idea what is meant by that.

It's based on you position in the weekly leaderboards.

KZObsessed

Awntawn said:
So I just got the Helghast rifle from the guy on the roof in the demo... Holy shit. I hope there are many chances to use it in the full version, that was so damn satisfying in terms of the feeling of wielding power in your hands. I almost feel evil now.

Wait til you hold the sniper rifle... just wait.

KZObsessed

F#A#Oo said:
So you need to be ranked from 1-4 on a weekly basis? WTF? how is that even possible?

No no don't be silly. It's a percentage. Weekly honor 4 is the best one, it's a Gold Trophy I believe. In the Beta it was the top 1% of players during a one week period. So if there's 2 million registered users online, which there will be at least, then you have to finish in the top 20,000 players in the weekly leaderboards, just once, during any week. They're measured from a Sunday to the next Sunday.

At least that's what it was in the Beta, I assume it's the same in the full game.

DeeVoc

Neo Member
Oh man, screw the "Play the way GG intended with the default controls" camp. ALT2 + Hold to zoom is the way to go, it more or less cleared up my problems with the controls. The sluggish aiming isn't felt as much when you can easily zoom out to your next target rather that trying to mess with R3. Since I have the trigger extensions it's not too much of a hassle to keep an extra finger over L2 for cover, although I'd imagine it'd be painful without them.

Top Bottom