• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Arnie

Wow, good games in that Beamber match. I was VociferousTURTLE btw.

It was really great on Helghan Industries when we needed to win Search and Retrieve. The team was asking for somebody to plant spawn points behind the enemy chokepoint by their base so I stepped up. We then proceeded to score 2, needing one to win. My spawn point then faded away which made it extremely difficult to finish things off as we couldn't break through their defense. I made a mad dash to the delivery point, through about 10 ISA and through a last ditch spawn grenade, opening up the WHIRLWIND of our land. Finally as Helghast started pouring in, we finished off Search and Retrieve to win the match. Such a great moment.

So a game can only be twitchy or tactical? it cannot be a third option?

Also who said realistic weighted movement was at all an inclination of "tactical" game play?

I find the aiming to be spot on, and in no way "off" or inaccurate.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Loudninja said:
You mean the run as you come though that doorway?yeah got that one.

The one above the fence to the left after the hallway at the beginning of the level? You remember the helghast vaulting over a fence? That fence.

-ARNiE- said:

It was really great on Helghan Industries when we needed to win Search and Retrieve. The team was asking for somebody to plant spawn points behind the enemy chokepoint by their base so I stepped up. We then proceeded to score 2, needing one to win. My spawn point then faded away which made it extremely difficult to finish things off as we couldn't break through their defense. I made a mad dash to the delivery point, through about 10 ISA and through a last ditch spawn grenade, opening up the WHIRLWIND of our land. Finally as Helghast started pouring in, we finished off Search and Retrieve to win the match. Such a great moment.

Ha - yeah, I think our squad pretty much saved those games. Thanks to your spawn points and Beamber's ability to survive at the front lines for long periods of time, I was able to rack up a lot of points (PSN: Palantiri), though I really need to work on my KDR. Fortunately I got enough points to rank up and unlock tactician. GG all.

JB1981

-ARNiE- said:

Were you the british-sounding guy? Yeah that was a damn good game. Great map too. Do you guys think the Search and Retrieve games are too long in length? I had them set at 25 minutes, which ended up being about the perfect length IMO. On larger maps those games require time to develop as there is a lot of back and forth and different strategies to employ.

Palantiri: you had like 96 points that round, didn't you?

lawblob said:
Man I am getting killed by GAF members right now. You guys are pretty good. :lol

We got spawn killed to death back there. FUCKING BULLSHIT SHOTGUN! and THE website still doesn't work!

Fix this shit Guerilla

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
pelicansurf said:
Is there a link with the ways to unlock all the badges?

In the game. Go to your statistics and select the Unlocks tab with R1.
On the official website (if working), click on the news section, then on Tutorials from the menu to the right. You'll find the info there.

BTW, stupid GG put the Tutorials under the News section rather than under FAQ or on the main menu.

FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA!

Arnie

the_prime_mover said:
Ha - yeah, I think our squad pretty much saved those games. Thanks to your spawn points and Beamber's ability to survive at the front lines for long periods of time, I was able to rack up a lot of points (PSN: Palantiri), though I really need to work on my KDR. Fortunately I got enough points to rank up and unlock tactician. GG all.
Ye we really did. The squad felt really balanced as we all possesed different skills.
JB1981 said:
Were you the british-sounding guy? Yeah that was a damn good game. Great map too. Do you guys think the Search and Retrieve games are too long in length? I had them set at 25 minutes, which ended up being about the perfect length IMO. On larger maps those games require time to develop as there is a lot of back and forth and different strategies to employ.

Yes I was the British guy, and I agree, Helghan Industries is a great map, my favourite in fact. The Search and Retrieve times were spot on imo, it means the winner is the team who gets 3 scores as opposed to one team luckily swiping a score early on and then choking the map up for the remaining time duration. The extra time also allows for tactics to develop as one team tries to break down another.

JB1981 said:

Yeah - but it updates the end score after the multiplier. My KDR was only about 1:1 when everything was all said and done.

All of those tight places can get you a lot of points from revivals.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
TTP said:
In the game. Go to your statistics and select the Unlocks tab with R1.
On the official website (if working), click on the news section, then on Tutorials from the menu to the right. You'll find the info there.

BTW, stupid GG put the Tutorials under the News section rather than under FAQ or on the main menu.

FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA!
Thanks I found it but I pretty much do not understand any of them. How the hell are you supposed to get some of them if you are unable to revive/heal people?

punkypine

pelicansurf said:
Thanks I found it but I pretty much do not understand any of them. How the hell are you supposed to get some of them if you are unable to revive/heal people?
you unlock medic by getting a certain number of experience. then to get the medic secondary, you revive a certain number of people. then to get it so you can use the medic secondary with any class, you heal a certain number of people

the same basics progression is there for almost every class

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
If only I had known about the Shotgun aim thing! :( Could have saved me from losing so many matches assasination matches. Not really good at aiming during close quarter combat.

Argh, am I the only one who is hating online? It reminds me a ton of Resistance online. With 32 people it just doesn't seem very intense and you alone don't make that big of a difference in your teams score.

Plus the fact the there's a server browser and no party system makes it really seem like the online for this game isn't on par with Modern Warfare/Halo 3/Gears.

Ilparazzo

Facism said:
I haven't seen any evidence to contradict my position.
I realized something from this discussion, where are all the women in killzone at? I mean there's one and that's it?

YoungHav said:
My girlfriend is too tired to have sex with me.

FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA!
:lol

Xater

DeadFalling said:
Argh, am I the only one who is hating online? It reminds me a ton of Resistance online. With 32 people it just doesn't seem very intense and you alone don't make that big of a difference in your teams score.

Plus the fact the there's a server browser and no party system makes it really seem like the online for this game isn't on par with Modern Warfare/Halo 3/Gears.

Yes you are. The MP is amazing and more fun than any of the games you mentioned. I think it is what TF2 on consoles should have been.

FabCam

DeadFalling said:

I freaking love that there's a server browser. I HATE matchmaking only games ala Halo/COD. I want to choose the game I join from the number of players, the mode, the map etc. not let the computer select one for me. And you can do matchmaking if you want. Just press triangle on the screen before the server select screen.

I've noticed that in all the games I play the teammates I hear have either U.S. midwestern or Eastern European accents. The midwest dudes seem to be REALLY serious in this game too. :lol If you make a mistake you're gonna hear it.
I really need to improve in this game too. I especially want to get good in the different modes like Search and Retrieve, but its tough to get pointers from random peeps online. The GAF games seem impossible to join too, they're always full.

F#A#Oo

Banned
DeadFalling said:

I agree about there needing to be a party system but regardless I don't see how it takes away from the fun of a game.

Also since NXE was launched alot of the games you mentioned have become a ghost town when it comes to team-play and communication since 1 or two buddies will play together and another few people will do the same in their own party chat...making two group within one team and in all honesty NXE has killed alot of the communication and teamplay that was there prior...

punkypine

the only issue is like, i wish i could have a bunch of peopel automatically join the server i join with me. its not easy to communicate with friends when you're not in the same server to tell them to join, unless htey stand there at the server screen and refresh. i have to IM my friend when i'm in a game telling him to join it

but other than that, server browsing is fine

The key to the shotgun, atleast from my experience is to slow down your sensitivity a lot. This really doesn't hurt close quarters that much as the shotty has a wide enough spread to hit peeps when you are not dead on.

also do you all know about sprinting, more specifically to keep your meter full?

When you are sprinting and about out jump then immediately hit the sprint button again. When you hit the ground after the jump you will land with a full bar and continue sprinting.

Makes getting around Pryhruss (spelled that wrong) a lot easier.

rexor0717 said:
I kinda think the shotgun is overpowered. I have been single shot killed by the shotgun from about 10 feet away.
Thats odd. I haven't seen r used it online, but I thought it was underpowered in SP. It took like 2 shots from close distance. It was only 1 hit kill when you were right on-top of a Hig.

heyo, had by best game yet with a grand total of 124 by the end of it. Not quite sure if i've got a grasp on the controls completely, but i'm getting at it. I've definitely gotten into the groove, now.

One of the most addictive MP experiences, ever.

depward

Question (apologies if it has already been asked) - if I'm in the middle of match and I quit out, do I keep the stats I had that match? My friends and I have tried to see if that's the case and we can't tell..

rexor0717 said:
I kinda think the shotgun is overpowered. I have been single shot killed by the shotgun from about 10 feet away.
Shotguns are very hard to balance though I'd imagine. It should be powerful at close range, but the 1 shot kill is a bit of a showstopper. Though if you take that away it may be underpowered, especially against the assault class.

It does still have the headshot though, maybe make it 2 body shots or 1 headshot? And maybe a slightly higher rate of fire to compensate?

Might just be best to leave it as it is...

Xater

ilanna said:
I KNOW! People at GG are sexist!

Don#t make fun of it I actually thought about the same thing yesterday. Some actual woman soldiers would not be that wrong imo.It'd the future man! :D

Top Bottom