• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

rexor0717

Blu_LED said:
Thats odd. I haven't seen r used it online, but I thought it was underpowered in SP. It took like 2 shots from close distance. It was only 1 hit kill when you were right on-top of a Hig.
Yea, I'm glad its not way underpowered like the R2 shotgun, but it has a little to much range. If it was scaled back just a bit, it would be perfect.

icechai

rexor0717 said:
I kinda think the shotgun is overpowered. I have been single shot killed by the shotgun from about 10 feet away.

were you hurt already? Shotgun people almost always die when not rounding corners or sneaking up on people, as soon as you see one just back away and fire :) Although an assault class that picked up a shotty w/ boost = fear

Xater

Another thing I'd like to see is remote detonating my C4 charges. At times they are of no use where they are and then I have to run all the way back to them, because the objective changed and then I have to detonate them myself just to use them again.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Define getting classes by experience? Do I just get them along with levelling up or do I have to meet those retarded requirements?

rexor0717

icechai said:
were you hurt already? Shotgun people almost always die when not rounding corners or sneaking up on people, as soon as you see one just back away and fire :) Although an assault class that picked up a shotty w/ boost = fear
Its happened multiple times. And yea, assault+shotty+boost is a fearful combination.
I can't wait to get that far:D

pelicansurf said:
Define getting classes by experience? Do I just get them along with levelling up or do I have to meet those retarded requirements?
You just level up to unlock them, they all have secondary abilities that need to be unlocked with the "ribbons" though.

Nafai1123

Banned
pelicansurf said:

You unlock the classes just by leveling up, but you unlock their secondary abilities by fulfilling requirements.

punkypine

pelicansurf said:
to get the class, just level up
As in you might get medic when you reach major (i dont know what it actually is, its pretty low). then once you have the medic, you have to play as the medic and revive atleast 5 people in a match 8 times to get the secondary ability. and from there, you have to heal atleast 5 people in 8 rounds to make the secondary available to all your classes

alba

Little is the new Big
fuck i just got disconnected, guess the game's full now, i lost all my points and i was kicking ass :(

Apparently you lose all the points.

However... I quit a game last night and needed 50 more points. I had gotten 20 in the game before quiting.

I get on today and I only need 30... I might have just read it all wrong.

depward

depward said:
Question (apologies if it has already been asked) - if I'm in the middle of match and I quit out, do I keep the stats I had that match? My friends and I have tried to see if that's the case and we can't tell..

Last post on the previous page. Anyone have any insight?

Xater

Xater said:
Another thing I'd like to see is remote detonating my C4 charges. At times they are of no use where they are and then I have to run all the way back to them, because the objective changed and then I have to detonate them myself just to use them again.

And to add to this post from me. Same thing goes for turrets. I'd love to just detonate them remotely.

@depward: No, you have to finish a match.

rexor0717

I'm no where close to getting all the classes, but I hope the find a way to incorporate a flamethrower class in multiplayer
maybe even the bolt gun class
It would take some work, but I'm sure GG could figure it out.

KZObsessed

Natko is a fucking beast with the shotty. Any Helghast that comes near him and he loses his head. My brother playing it on Elite... and pwning hard. Casual PC gamer and he's better than me :S Garza as well pretty much did the whole first level for my brother, at the valve turning bit he actually went in and killed the helghast there then killed the two in the opposite room by shooting the explosive barrel near them. Rico tho is completely useless and thick as shit, kinda makes sense given the events of the game :p, but I wish we didn't have to do the last level of the game with just him.

Leatherface

Anyone have this? If so how does it work well with Killzone 2? I'm considering picking this up before I get my frag on. :rock:

41fSJRLGtYL._SS500_.jpg

SSM25

WOW I suck so hard at aiming, any tips?. If I don't get any better is bye bye baby after the campaign is complete. I don't know how somebody would call this sci-fi cod4.

Guess is call of duty 4 for me until modern warfare 2 :(

rexor0717

FFObsessed said:
Natko is a fucking beast with the shotty. Any Helghast that comes near him and he loses his head. My brother playing it on Elite... and pwning hard. Casual PC gamer and he's better than me :S Garza as well pretty much did the whole first level for my brother, at the valve turning bit he actually went in and killed the helghast there then killed the two in the opposite room by shooting the explosive barrel near them. Rico tho is completely useless and thick as shit, kinda makes sense given the events of the game :p, but I wish we didn't have to do the last level of the game with just him.

Story spoiler:
I remeber hearing a while back that a main character dies. I was so hoping it would be Rico and not Garza, but I guess I was wrong. I hate Rico so much, and Garza was cool. :(

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
If you have problems with aiming, severely play around with aim sensitivity, and even try inverting your X and Y axis's until you get something you're really comfy with. For practice, go into campaign mode or something, and just practice shooting 4 corners of a square to see what feels the best.

rexor0717

SSM25 said:
WOW I suck so hard at aiming, any tips?. If I don't get any better is bye bye baby after the campaign is complete. I don't know how somebody would call this sci-fi cod4.

Turn the sensitivity down, and use a smaller TV. I am using a 1080i 22" TV, it looks and plays amazingly.

Xater

SSM25 said:
WOW I suck so hard at aiming, any tips?.

You basically have to learn:

Turning: Big stick movements.

Aiming: Smaller, more precise stick movements.

If you get that down your aiming will improve ALOT.

SSM25 said:

Play with the sensitivity. They give you X and Y for a reason. Some people find having the X slightly slower then default to help.

I have to do 2 different setups of sensitivity depending on what gun I want to use. With the shotty, the lower the sensitivity the better for me. If I wan to go range and get head shots, I have to up it a tad.

I would avoid the extremes (way low and way high) because of how the controls are by default.

Just play with it really. Try on a really slow setting and work your way up from there.

I would not recommend going with a smaller TV as I find the crisper and clearer (which comes with bigger TVs) the image, the easier it is...

But yeah like I said, start with a very low sensitivity and work up from there.

I have it set so I really have to crank on the sticks to swing around fast, this helps keep my aiming smaller and keeps me from just going wild.

Also, use bursts. Never just hold the button down and spray.

One more thing you gotta realize is how much you move when you get hit, this messes with your aim a lot, so avoid rushing into groups and firing. You won't get kills that way.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
SSM25 said:
O yeah, there were a couple of beta testers and previews mentioning this
Yikes. :(

I have a 61in TV and I'm playing alright right now. A small TV may help but it's unnecessary.

SSM25

klownboots said:
I would not recommend going with a smaller TV as I find the crisper and clearer (which comes with bigger TVs) the image, the easier it is...

But yeah like I said, start with a very low sensitivity and work up from there.

I have it set so I really have to crank on the sticks to swing around fast, this helps keep my aiming smaller and keeps me from just going wild.

Also, use bursts. Never just hold the button down and spray.

One more thing you gotta realize is how much you move when you get hit, this messes with your aim a lot, so avoid rushing into groups and firing. You won't get kills that way.

interesting, but how come sometimes I have the green dot on somebody's head, release a clip, they shoot back a few bullets and BAM i'm dead?

could it be lag??

punkypine

SSM25 said:

dont zoom aim unless you're giong for distance shots
anything remotely close, shoot from the hip

SSM25 said:

Are you trying to use the gun sights? It almost always better to shoot from the hip.

interesting, but how come sometimes I have the green dot on somebody's head, release a clip, the shot back a few bullets and BAM i'm dead?

could it be lag??

Always tap and stop looking at that green dot. Shoot from the hip unless the person is so far away that they are hard to see.

SSM25 said:
interesting, but how come sometimes I have the green dot on somebody's head, release a clip, they shoot back a few bullets and BAM i'm dead?

could it be lag??
Only the first shot goes straight, chances are that you're missing if you're unloading the whole clip.

Also, get used to shooting from the hip.

SSM25 said:

could it be lag??

Because if you are aiming at their head and fire 3 rounds, maybe, MAYBE 1 would hit them.

Aim slightly below their head and pop 3 rounds. Recoil right up into their forehead.

Some with the shotty, aim at the neck, that way the spray hits them in the chest shoulders and head.

andymuza

Neo Member
Are the servers down?

I am trying to connect to Warzone but get the following;

"You have been disconnected from the network. Please check network connection. Network error code :-942"

I am online and connected ok.

Any one else having this issue.

Xater

So no one likes my remote detonation idea? :(

And what? The servers are down again? All that downtime makes the interview on the Playstation Nation Podcast so hilarious. I remeber how the guy from Sony promised that they would have no problem handling the traffic at the beginning. Well I guess we are still waiting for that multiplayer game where everything runs smooth from the start. :lol

Top Bottom