• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

NameIess

Alba the theme is great; job well done I'm using the Helghast with sound now!
Perhaps you can do one using your same icons, but rotating the wallpapers on your site?

Once gain great stuff man the icons and quality are amazing.

SolidC213

Rapping Granny said:
Wait, You can play as an engineer , build some turrets, change your class and the turret will still be there?

Yeah, it sounds like it...So the only way to take them down is to destroy them im guessing?

keyrat

I'm probably late to the party, but it's known that you can get a bazooka in the demo, right? I've seen the rifle thing posted, but haven't seen anything about the bazooka. It's done the same way (grenade behind his back) just with the guy with the bazooka near the beginning of the demo.

deepbrown

keyrat said:
I'm probably late to the party, but it's known that you can get a bazooka in the demo, right? I've seen the rifle thing posted, but haven't seen anything about the bazooka. It's done the same way (grenade behind his back) just with the guy with the bazooka near the beginning of the demo.
Uh, you pick up a bazooka to destroy the bridge...

keyrat said:

Uhm, you're -told to get the bazooka off the floor to destroy the bridge-. :lol How you missed the three bazookas laying on the floor next to Garza at that part is beyond me.

keyrat said:

Rico says it in the demo, what makes you think it was overlooked?

For you Canadians out there:

canada.png

To go with Alba's KZ theme :)

-viper-

Banned
Doc Evils said:
elpresador's tone which sounds serious and joking at the same time is what gets me laughing.
The best Elpresador video is easily the Game Informer mag one. Nothing else compares with the pure comedy behind it.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
keyrat said:

LIGHT BULB!

LIGHT BULB!

FFObsessed said:

Ah, this reminds me - though I am sure it will have to be said time and time again - when you are the Tactician and you throw down the spawn grenade, people spawn facing you (away from the direction you throw the grenade). Please keep this in mind. So many people in the beta would just throw the things so you would spawn facing a wall with your back to the enemy.

As for the turrets - there are a finite number of turrets (and spawn points) allowed, per team, on the map at a given time. So if you place a turret then change class, the turret will still be there until it is destroyed, but you won't have a tonne of turrets all over the place. Engineers and Tacticians can't be played with disregard for teamwork. Most of the time turrets will be placed at choke points where there will be a lot of carnage and death - if they disappeared when you died then they would be near useless. C4 disappears when you die, but the Sab plays a far more subtle game then other classes (well, with the exception of the Scout!).

Alias03

Just got Real Triggers off of amazon and put them on my DS3. Started up the Killzone 2 demo and switched the controls from Standard 1 to Standard 2 (switches fire from R1 to R2) Wow what a difference. I love having both my crouch and fire right next to each other. Reminds me of playing Counter-Strike on Xbox. I was always a have fire on R1 kinda guy but now with these triggers I might have to play all FPSes on PS3 like this. Just my two cents.

jmonteiro

Alias03 said:
Just got Real Triggers off of amazon and put them on my DS3. Started up the Killzone 2 demo and switched the controls from Standard 1 to Standard 2 (switches fire from R1 to R2) Wow what a difference. I love having both my crouch and fire right next to each other. Reminds me of playing Counter-Strike on Xbox. I was always a have fire on R1 kinda guy but now with these triggers I might have to play all FPSes on PS3 like this. Just my two cents.

I have Real Triggers too. I love them to play Burnout Paradise and MotorStorm : PR but I'm still not used to them for shooters. But now I'll have to go play the demo with Standard 2 to test it out :D

DunpealD

Facism said:
alba is legendary. He did the logo for the Wasp Unit, didn't he, dun?

Yes, he's the man behind the logo.
In case the "click" sound begins to annoy you, you can get the one without the sound. So far he has no plans in doing a cycling theme though.

jmonteiro said:
I have Real Triggers too. I love them to play Burnout Paradise and MotorStorm : PR but I'm still not used to them for shooters. But now I'll have to go play the demo with Standard 2 to test it out :D

Mine should get here tomorrow I cant wait.

Rikyfree

Just watched the visari hammer bot mp from taxigamer. Wow, one quote from the commander that gives you objectives just made me shudder. "Maximum attitude, gentlemen!"

Yeah, there's not enought "maximum attitude" in the world to get me to like that line, bub.

Otherwise, I know I'm gonna just splooge over that level, it's just plain gorgeous.

jmonteiro

AKS said:
That guy can actually read? I really underestimated his mental abilities. I thought speaking in sentences was pushing the envelope for him.

From the videos I saw he seems to be a pretty smart dude. He is using console wars to create an image for himself and he is doing a good job at it. Also, IMO he is really funny. Anyway, like he says in one of his videos: "either you like me or you hate me, either way I'm doing my job"

He is in acting!

The Chef

jmonteiro said:
From the videos I saw he seems to be a pretty smart dude. He is using console wars to create an image for himself and he is doing a good job at it. Also, IMO he is really funny. Anyway, like he says in one of his videos: "either you like me or you hate me, either way I'm doing my job"

He is in acting!

That makes a lot of sense.

Top Bottom