• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Pojo said:
The last level is absurd.

I have to invent new expletives for the ending as well. It's as if they knew they only had a month to finish the game and said "Fuck it, let's cut this thing short." Whoever beats it knows why I know hate Rico.

I feel much the same way. Just finished right now and I thought the last level was poorly executed and the ending was a disappointing reward for putting me through endless waves of enemies.

DoctorWho said:
I feel much the same way. Just finished right now and I thought the last level was poorly executed and the ending was a disappointing reward for putting me through endless waves of enemies.

I agree completely.
I love the game especially the multiplayer but the last level isn't epic or fun. It's just piss poor design.

I must say though - playing on Veteran without the HUD or Crosshair is the way to play. (Elite too hard, Regular/Normal too easy).

RavenFox

Banned
Dragnet said:
On the subject of Tacticians - am I the only person who realises that shooting a flashing (but not yet smoking) spawn beacon disables it? FUCKING DO IT PEOPLE! If you see one flashing, fucking destroy it! They really can turn the tide of battle, so get rid of them!
woah thanks for that tidbit

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
SSM25 said:
North America if that's what you mean.

My connection's not the greatest so I prefer EU players, but i used to play Warhawk with guys in America all the time so no biggie.

Applesauce said:
+ 1 on the "random fucker" gripe. My PSN is in my profile and I'll add you when I get in later.

My PSN is my GAF username.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Is there anyway to make bot deathmatches, rather than objective games? I just want to practice the gunplay before getting destroyed online.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
belvedere said:
Is it useless or am I doing something wrong then? I can't seem to get the 5 kill ribbon, ever!

Welcome to the club :p I have 4, but I dunno if I'll ever get 8. I just don't know where to place them to get 5 kills. I get frustrated and just go back to sab. I need to find a server with 30 minute rounds and just do it then.

Ello

I have gotten the assassination badge twice now! And it still doesn't register! I'm going to throw this damn game out the window soon.

belvedere

Junior Butler
commish said:
Welcome to the club :p I have 4, but I dunno if I'll ever get 8. I just don't know where to place them to get 5 kills. I get frustrated and just go back to sab. I need to find a server with 30 minute rounds and just do it then.

It's almost like 1 c4 won't kill someone unless the walk and stop right on top of it. I started placing 2-3 together and that works but only if people walk by it obviously.

Also, can you blow them up by shooting them or throwing nades by them?

Negaiido

Ello said:
I have gotten the assassination badge twice now! And it still doesn't register! I'm going to throw this damn game out the window soon.

Can I catch it when you throw it. Would love a second copy :)
I really don't know why it doesn't register you.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The hilarious amount of lag and connection issues are making me stop playing for the evening.

Treo360

BruceLeeRoy said:
I recommend you play something you actually like then.

Oh I'm sorry didn't mean to strike a nerve. The controls still suck but the game isn't that bad.

Recommend all you want if it makes you feel better.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Treo360 said:
Oh I'm sorry didn't mean to strike a nerve. The controls still suck but the game isn't that bad.

Yeah, I don't think you struck a nerve with anyone. You just come across as a bit whiny, that's all, and he was giving you some good advice. If you just practice and stick with it, then you will stop getting owned online. I used to HATE the controls - I posted numerous times about it - but I stuck with it and now they are perfectly fine for me. With a name like Treo360, I can't say I find your comments too surprising :)

After explicitly spending 2 hours straight with the game pre-patch, I did everything I could with the expected response time (which looks instant, to me) and then I restarted the game, applied the patch, and went back in. It felt the same, mostly. The main difference was increased turn speed for nearer enemies, and possibly more iron-site / scope control. Have not yet tested multiplayer responsiveness, though.

I still wish there was SIXAXIS fine-tuning available for the assault rifles in scope / iron sight.

belvedere

Junior Butler
People need to understand the difference between "bad controls" and "different controls". Just because KZ2 doesn't control exactly like every other shooter out there, doesn't mean the controls suck. Actually, in many cases (myself included at first) it's the player that sucks, not the controls.

I had to re-adjust to playing shooters on a pad and after I stuck it out I'm playing pretty good now. Got my first 100+ point game last night.

:D

Treo360 said:

I didn't mean for you to take it that way I just think that if people really hate the controls than why play the game? No matter how great I might think a game is if I cant get the controls down or they don't feel right it kills the whole experience.

So for you to keep playing seems kind of masochistic.

belvedere said:
People need to understand the difference between "bad controls" and "different controls". Just because KZ2 doesn't control exactly like every other shooter out there, doesn't mean the controls suck. Actually, in many cases (myself included at first) it's the player that sucks, not the controls.

I had to re-adjust to playing shooters on a pad and after I stuck it out I'm playing pretty good now. Got my first 100+ point game last night.

:D

Nice job man. Thats awesome. I got a 125 point game yesterday(It was a 45 min long game. :D )

kitch9

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
I didn't mean for you to take it that way I just think that if people really hate the controls than why play the game? No matter how great I might think a game is if I cant get the controls down or they don't feel right it kills the whole experience.

Nice job man. Thats awesome. I got a 125 point game yesterday(It was a 45 min long game. :D )

Either that or a guy with 360 in his tag is looking for ways to say "things."

I don't know why but I can't ever remember popping so many heads in any other game, I find the controls very easy and natural.

Any Euro gaffers want to add me for headset, squad based fun then my PSN is: Kitch9

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
OuterWorldVoice said:
Is there anyway to make bot deathmatches, rather than objective games? I just want to practice the gunplay before getting destroyed online.

Doesn't appear to be.

BruceLeeRoy said:

I dislike the controls, but not enough that they are making me not want to play the game. They are, at the most, a hinderance to making me want to play the game more. They aren't a problem in MP for me, though, because you don't have to take cover.

But I want to play SP. :(

BeeDog

For the GG devs here; someone really needs to take a look at the game's subtitles and clean them up. Too many inconsistencies and small (but annoying and noobish) spelling errors (like "aint" instead of "ain't", tons of missing punctuation etc.). It's not a big deal, but it does remove a little bit of the overall polish.

Core407

Banned
How do I go about contacting Guerilla about things they need to change in a patch? My issue is with playing with the HUD off. There should be an option to specifically pick what you want on screen and what you don't want. I like to play with the HUD off so I don't see peoples names and the who killed who thing on the bottom left screen but I DO want to see markers for assassination and other objectives.

The game is giving me some pretty terrible motion sickness :/ I'm ok in the open areas, but when it gets into the tight corridors, I'm screwed. Not sure I can finish the damn thing :lol Might try some MP and see how I fair.

kitch9 said:
People may just be aiming better.....
THIS. I got better but so did everyone else. I have discovered that the basic MG's are my favorite weapons. I just wish I didn't have to be a soldier to use them. Does that secondary slot for the soldier ever open up? I've asked and people say yes, but I still don't really think so.

Ploid 3.0

Man that slug gun for saboteur is just awesome. It's the best way to assassinate when you have to pull a trigger. Grenades, and c4 when you want to keep up the disguise a bit longer.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
ok, annoying.

PROFILE data AND savedata is in 1 file?!

wtf :(

i chose dutch but want english now, CAN NOT change except if you delete your whole save?

plz patch this.

Top Bottom