• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Schrade

Tiduz said:
ok, annoying.

PROFILE data AND savedata is in 1 file?!

wtf :(

i chose dutch but want english now, CAN NOT change except if you delete your whole save?

plz patch this.
TTP warned about this long ago...

test_account

XP-39C²
FFObsessed said:
If the host leaves, I believe the game should continue and just carry on as normal while there's still people in the server. Then when everyone leaves, the server disappears. It should select a new "host". That's what happened in the Beta, in fact there was a bug when it would fail to assign a new "host" and it would just say "Session master unavailable" and you couldn't score points anymore :p. If everyone gets disconnected when the "host" does then it's probably just a random bug, the game should continue as normal.
Sorry, i didnt see this reply yesterday. Ah ok, that sounds good! :) Yesterday when i played Killzone 2, then i got a message saying something like "unable to connect to the host". This message only lasted for maybe 3-5 seconds or so, and then the game went on just fine, at least from what i noticed. Did this message mean that the host was leaving? Or was it just some lag, maybe from my internet connection?

Core407

Banned
There is a lot of shit on a non-game play level that Guerrilla fucked up on. I don't get how the idea of separate profiles for online and off line didn't get made, along with specific options for what you want on screen (HUD related).

Varna

Core407 said:
There is a lot of shit on a non-game play level that Guerrilla fucked up on. I don't get how the idea of separate profiles for online and off line didn't get made, along with specific options for what you want on screen (HUD related).

Yeah. HUD is way to bloated.

Slightly unrelated. Where the hell did developers get the idea that people want to see who killed who in every single online shooter and why is there NEVER any option to disable it (or change it to only show who you killed or squads mates).

cakefoo

Brannon said:
Not that stop speed, the deceleration speed. There's much less residual inertia.
There never was any to begin with.

What are your definitions of stop speed and deceleration speed? What I meant was, it's 5 frames of input latency, and then it stops dead in its tracks. That's how it's always been, before and after 1.2. That 5 frames of carry isn't inertia- it's just the amount of time the engine needs to react to the release of the stick.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Are the Honor ranks going up in ten minutes or so? This is the time they went up last week. I played a fuck-ton of games today, and this week, and I should get my top 1% trophy! w00t.

Core407

Banned
Varna said:
Yeah. HUD is way to bloated.

Slightly unrelated. Where the hell did developers get the idea that people want to see who killed who in every single online shooter and why is there NEVER any option to disable it (or change it to only show who you killed or squads mates).

I play with HUD off because I hate seeing names above people's heads but whenever there is an objective that isn't kill count, I don't know what the hell to do or where to go. I remember once some guy was the assassination target and I just randomly killed him, didn't even know he was it. :lol Hopefully this is shit they can fix with a patch because it's really un-excusable.

Zen

Banned
dreamer3kx said:
wtf, did they make the weapons slightly more powerful with the patch, feels like Im dying at a alarming rate now.

I've suffered a few instant deaths on my side. Where it says I was killed by the ISA Assault Rifle, no headshot, and I was at full health. It didn't even register a hit prior to my death. maybe the game use to have some invisibility frames?

Varna

Core407 said:
I play with HUD off because I hate seeing names above people's heads but whenever there is an objective that isn't kill count, I don't know what the hell to do or where to go. I remember once some guy was the assassination target and I just randomly killed him, didn't even know he was it. :lol Hopefully this is shit they can fix with a patch because it's really un-excusable.

No HUD with the radar would be so amazing. I pray they will add it eventually.

jett

D-Member
Question: Is the intel collection thingy not yet working on killzone.com? It says I have zero intel gathered...which is some bullshit!

jett said:
Question: Is the intel collection thingy not yet working on killzone.com? It says I have zero intel gathered...which is some bullshit!
In the game go to statistics and then click X to upload your stats to Killzone.com

Definity

The single player game has kicked my ass all over the place. I'm weak. I had to drop back down to playing on normal instead of veteran. The level that pushed me back was the
Train Section
. I just couldn't find a good way around the last few encounters.

Oh well, it's still a hell of a ride and a great game for me.

Varna

Loudninja said:
What the hell the shotgun range is ridiculous.

Maybe it is, but it's not going to kill you unless you are on the brink of dying.

I was trying to snipe some dude with the shotgun because it has the only thing I had and six hits from a fairly long range did not take him down.

TheFatOne

Varna said:
Maybe it is, but it's not going to kill you unless you are on the brink of dying.

I was trying to snipe some dude with the shotgun because it has the only thing I had and six hits from a fairly long range did not take him down.

That's not true at least for me. More than once I have been killed with one shot from the shotgun at a good distance. I had a little more than half my health when the person shot me from a good distance and killed me.

Aladuf

Banned
Motherfuckin' spawn turrets are so random, last night on Pyrrhus I got picked off a couple of times with 1 or 2 shots from one when I was about a football field away from it (I had full health too). Now today I was just in a match on Radec Academy and you get the people who just spawn up and rush right into our base and the turrets apparently can't touch them at all. :/

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
All these control nitpickers. Sheesh. :lol Who the fuck cares? It haven't noticed anything, still a great multiplayer. My only gripes are the shotgun range and Assaults with grenade launchers. Although, I would define that as annoyances than flaws. Just have to learn how to engage them.

TheFatOne

I think I'm done playing multiplayer with regular people. It seems like every game has 10 assault classes with rocket launchers. I was playing 10 vs 10 and 8 people had assault two had shotguns. It just isn't any fun like that.

Varna

TheFatOne said:
I think I'm done playing multiplayer with regular people. It seems like every game has 10 assault classes with rocket launchers. I was playing 10 vs 10 and 8 people had assault two had shotguns. It just isn't any fun like that.

That does sound really horrible. Fixes on the way I imagine if it's that bad.

kevm3

Was Guerilla doing crack when they thought it was a good idea to give one class double the health AND a speed boost AND a rocket launcher?

Seems like most people are in my boat. The more classes opening up, the worse the game has gotten. Man, it was so fun with just soldiers and medics playing. Now it sucks so much ass but is tolerable if you have a good team.

xiked

Banned
TheFatOne said:

make your own server whit the no rocket launchers?

Varna

kevm3 said:
Was Guerilla doing crack when they thought it was a good idea to give one class double the health AND a speed boost AND a rocket launcher?

There doesn't seem to be one downside to being an assault. Way overpowered.

EDIT: Certainly they had to be. I'm sure the beta let them see what a horrible mistake it was. They shipped it anyways though.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
One more level until I get the rocket launcher. I am totally bad at FPS games but I'm shocked at how far I've come online.

kevm3 said:

Can't wait to get to that level. :D

kevm3

Awesome, I love how games just devolve into a bunch of assault class cornballs spamming the room with rockets. Oh yeah, I forgot, they can boost their speed too. How stupid.

kevm3

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Seems like most people are in my boat. The more classes opening up, the worse the game has gotten. Man, it was so fun with just soldiers and medics playing. Now it sucks so much ass but is tolerable if you have a good team.

I agree wholeheartedly. The Assault Rifle and even shotguns post patch actually take skill. Plus, you know that you're playing someone who is on a similar plane as you. You don't have to worry about someone having double your health and superspeed, so they can absorb your bullets, run up and kill you with a pistol. The classes are terribly unbalanced. It was a ton of fun with just 'the basics.' Also, why does the light machinegun suck so much?

-viper-

Banned
kevm3 said:
Awesome, I love how games just devolve into a bunch of assault class cornballs spamming the room with rockets. Oh yeah, I forgot, they can boost their speed too. How stupid.
Search and Destroy + 32 players in Radec Academy + Assault = :\

Why GG, WHY? :[

Holy shit I just tore people's shit apart on the bridge map just now.

Fucking took the high ground, set up a turret, repaired the MG and got me some.

The Hig players didn't know what hit em, by the end of the map I was ~100k/20d

TheFatOne

Varna said:
There doesn't seem to be one downside to being an assault. Way overpowered.

Low ammo and that's about it.

Varna said:
That does sound really horrible. Fixes on the way I imagine if it's that bad.

Nah its not that bad only on small maps. I think the main problem with the assault is the small maps. On the larger maps its much harder to use the assault class. The only problem with this is that when you play online they pick the same maps.

xiked said:
make your own server whit the no rocket launchers?

Every time I do this nobody joins my server :lol My only real gripe with this game is that sometimes too many people pick the assault class which makes the game no fun, but other than that this game is awesome.

JB1981

Just got to Suleja Village (is that the name). Much needed change of pace - still shit with the sniper rifle but it's damn fun to use. Also, I am very impressed with the scenario design. Radec Academy in particular I felt was very well designed - with most set pieces there are multiple pathways to the enemy and there is always a good amount of cover. The AI is also very impressive.

BTW, am I losing my mind are did they take away the ability to toggle crouch? I could have sworn this was possible? Please allow me to map crouch to circle (toggle) and then I will use hold zoom. hold zoom is useless when you have to use L2 for crouch.

xiked

Banned
kevm3 said:
I agree wholeheartedly. The Assault Rifle and even shotguns post catch actually take skill. Plus, you know that you're playing someone who is on a similar plane as you. You don't have to worry about someone having double your health and superspeed, so they can absorb your bullets, run up and kill you with a pistol. The classes are terribly unbalanced. It was a ton of fun with just 'the basics.' Also, why does the light machinegun suck so much?

you can still shoot headshots. I have no problem whit them, just shoot right and you done whit them. In small 32player maps it can be too much, but I avoid them if there's to many kamikaze guys whit rocket launchers. seems ppl have got allot of buttkicking, way to many complaints. I having a blast and think the mp works great. use different tactics when you meet different classes. Engineers ? stay away as far as you can. Assault = run away far, cast some grenades ans headshot them. and so on.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I agree, for those who are turned off by 32 player maps (as I am), just stick to the smaller one. It's a bit masochistic to continue playing them. That's what the filter is for. 9-12 seems to be the sweet spot.

DoomGyver

2livfix.gif

jett

D-Member
dear god killzone.com sucks so bad. keeps logging me out everytime I download an intel unlockable. Is there a website where everything has been uploaded? I've had enough.

kevm3

xiked said:
you can still shoot headshots. I have no problem whit them, just shoot right and you done whit them. In small 32player maps it can be too much, but I avoid them if there's to many kamikaze guys whit rocket launchers. seems ppl have got allot of buttkicking, way to many complaints. I having a blast and think the mp works great. use different tactics when you meet different classes. Engineers ? stay away as far as you can. Assault = run away far, cast some grenades ans headshot them. and so on.

Running away would be nice except they can boost their speed and catch up to you. And why should my only recourse of eliminating a certain class be limited to headshots? That's a ridiculous imbalance. Especially since it renders the shotgun virtually useless because they take multiple shotgun blasts. Just about all of the other classes are balanced. Assault is the only one that needs changing.

JB1981

Going to put a server up. BEAMBER GAF. Same as usual. Password: believe. 22 players total. This is a good # in my opinion (3 squads, 2 of 4 and 1 of 3). No one is left out. Not overcrowded either.

I almost kind of feel like leaving search and destroy out and making capture and hold/assassination games a bit longer. let me know if you guys like this idea.

DuckRacer

The problem with the assault class is that it requires absolutely no skill or strategy to be used well. You just press R1 in the general direction of the enemy and they're dead. And when you're finished firing your rockets, you can pick up whatever rifle from your rocketed enemies and become a supersoldier with double the speed and double the health. If an engineer or sniper picks up another weapon, they're basically on the same level as everyone else. That's not the case with the assault class.

The class really should be outright removed because it undermines the basic design of KZ2's MP.

Furoba

Man, I managed to kill 5 guys in a row with just pistol melee from the back near a staircase. They were so fixated on running up the stairs that they forgot someone was crouching next to a pilar on the staircase. The best thing was that no one saw me coming. :lol

kevm3

DuckRacer said:
The problem with the assault class is that it requires absolutely no skill or strategy to be used well. You just press R1 in the general direction of the enemy and they're dead. And when you're finished firing your rockets, you can pick up whatever rifle from your rocketed enemies and become a supersoldier with double the speed and double the health. If an engineer or sniper picks up another weapon, they're basically on the same level as everyone else. That's not the case with the assault class.

The class really should be outright removed because it undermines the basic design of KZ2's MP.

The rockets wouldn't be so bad if the assault guys weren't bullet sponges, meaning you can spray these guys down, but they can stand there and take it and blow you up with a rocket. In COD4, the rocket launchers weren't overpowered because you could cut someone down with an MP5 or whatever other gun before they could ever fire off a rocket.

Or I wouldn't mind if they only allowed a few members of the team to be assault guys, who function as 'squad leaders' of sorts. 10 and under has 1 assault. 20 and under has 2 assaults, and 30 player matches are allowed 3 per team.

TheFatOne

DuckRacer said:

The speed thing isn't an issue really I can kill people who are running with boost. Plus you can mix and match boost if you wanted to. The problem will always be the rockets + something else. For instance you make a spawn point on capture and hold come out with the rocket and bam easy multiple kills. In that case it was the rockets + invincibility when you get out of a spawn point.

Top Bottom