• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

andycapps

DenogginizerOS said:
I'm just having fun being a medic and keeping my dying teammates away from the light. DON'T GO TOWARDS THE LIGHT!!

However, I would like to suggest a ribbon that says, "I got killed by a douchebag saboteur 10 times in a single match and all I got was this lousy ribbon!"

You were killing me last night when you kept saying that. You were like, "Andycapps! You're down again! DON'T GO TOWARDS THE LIGHT!" My problem is that I get absorbed in trying to revive people sometimes and should focus on clearing the area first. Part of it is that I'm trying to get 8 of the revive 5 people in a game medals, and am almost there. It seems like everytime lately that I get 5 people revived that I get booted by a random network connection beforehand and don't get my medals.

Stench

Banned
FUCK THIS FUCKING HORSESHIT

FUCKING BULLSHIT FINAL BOSS ON ELITE

SO FUCKING DUMB

I WANT TO BEAT THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF THE FUCKHEAD AT GUERRILLA WHO CAME UP WITH THIS RETARDED BOSSFIGHT

THIS IS FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Stench said:

SO FUCKING DUMB

I WANT TO BEAT THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF THE FUCKHEAD AT GUERRILLA WHO CAME UP WITH THIS RETARDED BOSSFIGHT

Final boss in Shinobi PS2 was worse.

.GqueB.

Banned
andycapps said:
You were killing me last night when you kept saying that. You were like, "Andycapps! You're down again! DON'T GO TOWARDS THE LIGHT!" My problem is that I get absorbed in trying to revive people sometimes and should focus on clearing the area first. Part of it is that I'm trying to get 8 of the revive 5 people in a game medals, and am almost there. It seems like everytime lately that I get 5 people revived that I get booted by a random network connection beforehand and don't get my medals.
Yea Im the same way. Last night I was palying a match and I pulled out the rez gun but looked up and realized there were three enemies there. I zapped one of them in the head and took him out but I naturally got gunned down.

I need to be more aware of my surroundings and just let that "5 revives on one game" thing come naturally because more often than not it usually does. Im on 6 of 8 for being able to apply that secondary to other classes.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
PjotrStroganov said:
I found out that pressing the fire button only softly with the M80 missile launcher(the ISA version) doesn't fire the weapon but creates an extra reticule in the scope. I suspect this has something to do with some sort of guided rocket mode but I can't figure out how it works. Can someone enlighten me?

There's a lock-on mode for that weapon. Mildly useful against sentry bots, as well as that boss in level 5 Salamun Bridge (I wonder if anybody actually used this method to defeat it).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Stench said:
THIS IS *LITERALLY* IMPOSSIBLE

oh really?
23w71wy.png

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Tempy said:
There's a lock-on mode for that weapon. Mildly useful against sentry bots, as well as that boss in level 5 Salamun Bridge (I wonder if anybody actually used this method to defeat it).

You mean you can use this mode to kill the ATAC without immobilizing it by shooting at the electric things?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Stench said:

SO FUCKING DUMB

lol lol. Hey, does anybody remember the bosses in KZ Liberation? Especially the Spidertank and the Chapter 5 DLC one? I think those resulted in many PSPs smashed against the wall.

He's on a 2 1/2 week holiday in Japan now.

(He doesn't think they're hard btw; which makes me wonder what game he does consider to be hard)

Stench said:
I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO FUCKING STUMPED BY A GAME BEFORE

THIS IS *LITERALLY* IMPOSSIBLE

FUCK THIS HORESSHIT

After attempting to beat it for about three hours straight, I filed it under UNFUCKINGPASSABLE JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF COULD NOT FORSEE SUCH EVIL BEING BIRTHED ON THIS MORTAL WORLD.

Stench said:
DUDE, WHAT THE FUCK

TELL ME HOW TO BEAT THIS

TTP doesnt count, he and Jesus have some sort of deal worked out about frames per second and the like >.>

Tom Penny

andycapps said:
I'd like to see some changes too, I'd really like to see the engineer class un-neutered some. The sentries just don't seem that worthwhile or dangerous. Engineer or saboteur will probably be my main class if they ungimp the sentries.

It's all about placement and if you stay near them I don't see the problem. The guy gets sofened up then you shottie him once. Assault is the only one that truly makes me mad because half the people use them on the small maps and then it's spawn shoot a rocket or spawn and catch a rocket. It's garbage.

On a side note how do make it so you can use boost for any class?

Unlocked the engineer in multi the other night. I really don't like that there's a hard team cap on turrets since I have, several times, entered a game unable to create a turret. Or, I've been about down a turret and, as soon as I find the placement I want, find I can't create the thing. Boo! Boo, I say, Boo!

Stench

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D11SLJwRJUU

Okay, this guy beat Visari Palace on Elite and took a video.

The game must have glitched out or something, because the number of enemies that rush him on the balcony is a joke compared to what I'm seeing on my end.

I can't even get to the fucking ROCKET LAUNCHERS, and that's when things are really supposed to go to shit. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT

Tempy said:
lol lol. Hey, does anybody remember the bosses in KZ Liberation? Especially the Spidertank and the Chapter 5 DLC one? I think those resulted in many PSPs smashed against the wall.

(He doesn't think they're hard btw; which makes me wonder what game he does consider to be hard)
Dude, I beat those fucking bosses on KZ: Liberation, and while those were hard, at least they were somewhat feasible. I could see a light at the end of the tunnel.

When he gets back, tell him there's a guy on the internet that wants to rip off his ballsack.

Kittonwy

Banned
Stench said:

SO FUCKING DUMB

Wut chu mean? I can haz beaten it on Sunday night. Boss fight wuz great I found it easier than on veteran.
angry.gif

jett

D-Member
Tempy said:

No, no I didn't. You wanna know why? Because the instruction manual that comes with this game is crap. Crap I say. Also, how come Rico didn't give me any tips during that fight? They ruined the Regular Heavy and the Electro Heavy fight, but leave me all alone against the ATAC. :(

Kittonwy

Banned
TheChillyAcademic said:
After attempting to beat it for about three hours straight, I filed it under UNFUCKINGPASSABLE JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF COULD NOT FORSEE SUCH EVIL BEING BIRTHED ON THIS MORTAL WORLD.

TTP doesnt count, he and Jesus have some sort of deal worked out about frames per second and the like >.>

I count tho and I haz beaten it. Impossible iz nothin.
Indifferent2.gif

jett

D-Member
Stench said:

SO FUCKING DUMB

Yes, yes! SHOW ME YOUR RAGE

:lol

Oh man I felt the same way. I had never wished death upon a game designer before. That whole area is severely misguided.

Protip Guerrilla: #1 rule of game design: IT HAS TO BE FUN, MOTHERFUCKERS

F#A#Oo

Banned
dfyb said:
:lol you think TF2 never had class balance complaints? or class balance tweaks?

Not as bad as KZ2 has or needs...:lol

I know you love KZ and cannot accept it has MP serious issues...the reality is if these issues/complaints are not sorted in the near future KZ2's MP will be as deserted as Pyruss Rise...no joke.

GG doesn't need brown nosing and "yes" people like yourself...the only way to get KZ2 improved is to be critical and constatly giving feedback to GG on how to improve their game.

Stench

Banned
jett said:
Yes, yes! SHOW ME YOUR RAGE

:lol

Oh man I felt the same way. I had never wished death upon a game designer before. That whole area is severely misguided.

Protip Guerrilla: #1 rule of game design: IT HAS TO BE FUN, MOTHERFUCKERS
I shit you not: I actually developed a near-migraine trying to beat it last night.

I had to pop 2 extra-strength Tylenols and lie down for a bit.

Feeling inspired by a new strategy this morning, I pick it up again, only to become a fraction away from obliterating my controller in sheer frustration.

I think I'm gonna have to give up. And I have never given up on a game before because of difficulty, which should tell you something.

Tempy said:

Yes I never beat that Spidertank, any advice?

andycapps

Tempy said:

The bosses in Liberation were crazy hard. I couldn't beat the last one from the DLC to save my life. If anyone has a walkthrough video for that, feel free to send it to me. I'd get through a few phases of it, then I'd get destroyed by something.

Stench

Banned
TTP said:
Damn I didn't even think about using the knife like that. Looks much easier.
It doesn't work, because he only has 1 or 2 enemies rushing him on the balcony at a time.

When I do the EXACT SAME SHIT as he does, I get 2 guys coming at me from both ends. You can't knife then when they're shooting you in the back. Like I said, the video is a total fluke.

jett said:
What's the deal with this video? I thought there was no crosshair on elite difficulty.
When you zoom-in, there's a crosshair for certain weapons.

Stench

Banned
Do you see how close he comes to dying, too?

There are two instances in which he probably should have been dead. Total fluke.

Look at what he says in the comments page:

Don't even go there. It's been proven this is on Elite.

Keep in mind that this level has taken me around 800 attempts over a 5 day span. This just shows the time it finally worked.
Horseshit.

How did you beat it, TTP?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Well I have officially given up on the single player. On the ship level, it just isn't holding my interest anymore. All multiplayer all the time from here on out.

EazyB

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
Well I have officially given up on the single player. On the ship level, it just isn't holding my interest anymore. All multiplayer all the time from here on out.
Pretty much. I pop in KZ with 2 hours of free time and I ask myself: should I use this time to get through 2 or 3 boring SP levels or rack up some headshots online. It's not even a fair fight.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Stench said:
How did you beat it, TTP?

The hardest part is when the rolling motherfuckers come up from the sides. What I did was kill some of them with the nade launcher while they were still at the bottom, approaching the gates. Then I grabbed a rifle and camped behind one of the corners near the burning walls. Used the rifle to kill the rolling motherfuckers coming my way, grabbed their SMG and used it against those coming from the other side. Also used hand grenades here to damage them from afar.

Done that, I switched to the sniper to kill the rocket launcher dudes. I kept moving left and right to avoid their rockets. Rocket launchers are very fast shooters so you have to be very fast in hitting them in the head. If you miss them with your first shot, don't bother trying again cos they would have already sent a rocket your way. Move away and try again from the other side of the balcony.

Another hint: when you have a minute, destroy the gas tanks at the back of the balcony cos they might explode during the firefight against the rolling motherfuckers or by being hit by the rocket launchers later.

Loudninja said:
Eh the last part was not that hard but what make me angry is Rico he just stands there getting shot and does nothing.

No, he yells "Sev get your ass into cover" and "I need some help here" and then he dies.

Stench

Banned
TTP said:
The hardest part is when the rolling motherfuckers come up from the sides. What I did was kill some of them with the nade launcher while they were still at the bottom, approaching the gates. Then I grabbed a rifle and camped behind one of the corners near the burning walls. Used the rifle to kill the rolling motherfuckers coming my way, grabbed their SMG and used it against those coming from the other side.
All right, that sounds doable. Time to fire this sucker up again. Thanks, man.

If I destroy my Trey within the next hour, I'm flipping the bill to Guerrilla.

Top Bottom