• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Kyoufu

So far this has been the most fun single-player FPS I have EVER played. Haven't touched multi-player yet but for the first time ever, I'm not in a hurry to.

Fizzle said:
while your at it

watch elpresadors impressions, very funny. :lol

yeah, guessed it for the biggest part though.. was still shocked.
the reactions to the video are priceless.. the grandma..:lol

sorry for the derail: Killzone 2 is where it's at.

andycapps

Kyoufu said:
So far this has been the most fun single-player FPS I have EVER played. Haven't touched multi-player yet but for the first time ever, I'm not in a hurry to.

I'd encourage you to stay this way. Otherwise you'll end up like me and spend most of your time online and still haven't finished the game yet. :/

.GqueB. said:

You know he's going to hate you, right? :lol :lol

DeeVoc

Neo Member
peetfeet said:
Yeah, i have no problem with that, but this was during a bodycount only game.

Yah, I wish they'd find a better system. It drives me nuts to see all the turret spots taken only to see like 3-4 plopped down by the starting spawn point by some jerk who just wanted to get his down.

On the other hand I don't want them to limit it to 1/per engineer as it's great to set up 2 when you find the perfect spot.

.GqueB.

Banned
andycapps said:
You know he's going to hate you, right? :lol :lol
I firmly believe that everyone NEEDS to see that video as a message. The message being:

"Look past your front lawns and take a good look at what humans are capable of... look at what they eat"

And what zeh hell is boost for the assault class? Is it just running? Im about to unlock that and I want to have the boost ability as a secondary. My plans are to have a medic with the boost secondary, and a saboteur with the med pack secondary. These combos sound sexy to me.

Azzwanker said:
Im so fcking addicted to the game :)
Loving everey second of it.

Me too man I cant stop. All I think about is KZ2. I have even been waking up at 4:50am every morning just so I can get a solid 3 hours of play before work....wtf is wrong with me :(

BruceLeeRoy said:
Me too man I cant stop. All I think about is KZ2. I have even been waking up at 4:50am every morning just so I can get a solid 3 hours of play before work....wtf is wrong with me :(

That's pretty bad man. :lol Though that was me about 5 years ago with FFXI. It's been hell not being around my apartment for more than an hour the last few days though...just wanna play one round, please! :lol

.GqueB.

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
Well now youre just being silly...

though Im not one to talk. I used to wake up half an hour early to play Wipeout HD

xiked

Banned
oneHeero said:
If games are getting this out of hand for you, than you arent good, or the team your on just sucks. This shouldnt be a problem with a competent team. I've played against all sorts of classes and dont see it unbalanced because there is always a way to counter something and the level design makes it easier.

I cant wait till you run into 4 turrets all game and comeback to complain that engineers are overpowered.

Or when you run into a few good sabo's in 1 game. Its really unbelievable that you havent figured out how to counter things, than agin it does take time for people to learn new tricks.
Your complaining about spot and mark? Scout can only carry a sniper/pistol and 90% of the time they are across the map. If I see a sniper fucking up my team you better believe im turning into a scout or sabo or assault to fuck him up.

Assault, boost to his ass and rpg that bitch
Sabo, sneak over and melee that bitch.
Scout, spot and mark him and snipe him.

If you or anyone on youir team cant figure out how to stop something than you just arent good enough yet. Leave the server and find a more friendly server for yourself. The fact that your generalizing kz2 like every game is the same is even more mind blowing. I havent ran into 1 problem you mention, but I know that I could stop it.

great post!

and btw. other classes can have spot and mark to. I can have it as a medic, so does the medic become over powered? no. TF2 has the same classes as KZ2, why do F#A#Oo complain so much? silly if you ask me. Find a way to counter all of these as oneHeero suggest.

btw. Im in the 3% club now :p

BruceLeeRoy said:

:lol

You're a fuckin' trooper.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Also add me to the addicts list. It's in my thoughts, that hasn't happened since COD4 but the case seems even worse with KZ2.

I remember going to bed after hours of COD4 multiplayer and literally thinking as I laid down "at least I have martyrdom now".

:lol

With KZ2 I keep hearing the chirps.

:D

.GqueB.

Banned
EschatonDX said:
i hear scout and assault are unbalanced as hell, what's up with that
Yea they are. But Im gonna have to be that douchebag using assault soon. I wanna put the secondary boost skill on my medic. Im gonna feel so bad.

Raist

Banned
.GqueB. said:
Yea they are. But Im gonna have to be that douchebag using assault soon. I wanna put the secondary boost skill on my medic. Im gonna feel so bad.

The boost badge is available for other classes as soon as you unlock the assault class.

cresto

Rorschach said:
Cool, thanks. Forgot about that even though that's what I use to turn it off. For some reason, it wasn't working through "accessory settings" in the xmb.
I just have to say, I love your avatar. Speirs is the sickest fuck ever. Awesome

belvedere

Junior Butler
EschatonDX said:

It depends, if you're good at the game, probably not. If you suck, they're unbalanced.

At least that's the pattern so far.

andycapps

EschatonDX said:

None of them are really unbalanced, IMO. There are always counters to each class. It's like in TF2, you can say that one class is uber powerful, but it's not really the case. If there's a good sniper in the back of a map picking off everyone (and a good sniper in TF2 can win the game for the team) all it takes is a good spy to go and backstab him. Each class is like that in TF2 and I think it's that way here.

And the more I play this, I see why the sentries aren't super, super powerful like in TF2. There really aren't that many explosive based classes like in TF2. TF2 you have the soldier and demo-man. Here everyone has grenades and assault has missile launchers, but I still think sentries could be overpowered if they were shooting off more aggressively and shooting out missiles at ground troops. On the other hand, some slight tweaking to make them turn faster and to be a bit more devastating would probably provide some added strategy in placing them and for the other team to watch out for them a bit more rather than just running by them. If you try to just run by them in TF2 and they're a level 3, you're instantly dead. Even a Level 1 could still take you out if you don't take it out fast enough.

oneHeero

EschatonDX said:
Nothing, some people feel they are unbalanced either due to not being able to counter them or due to getting scraped by them to often. I know I get upset fast and start making stupid assumptions when I get smacked up by the same job over and over.

Shit, last nighto n Pyrrus, I started as scout and got a couple kills but than our team was being slaughtered and I notice that they were all being sniped. The game turned into a sniper war and people were scared to complete objectives(both sides).

No one on my team used engineer/tact. I stepped up and used them and started planting engineers to get closer to their base. Switched to tact and drop some spawn nades. We ended up over taking them. We lost 3-4 but the game got way more competitive since it started 0-3(them up). I ended like 37-11 and their top player was like 29-5(obviously scout).

I was frustrated, but if my team cant adjust, than I will and I did and we came close to winning. If I had 2 more people who were good, we would have probably won.

.GqueB. said:
Well now youre just being silly...

though Im not one to talk. I used to wake up half an hour early to play Wipeout HD

See a half hour is normal but sacrificing the very sleep that is imperative to me getting through a day of work in order to hear a couple chirps in the morning is just nuts.

andycapps

oneHeero said:
Nothing, some people feel they are unbalanced either due to not being able to counter them or due to getting scraped by them to often. I know I get upset fast and start making stupid assumptions when I get smacked up by the same job over and over.

Shit, last nighto n Pyrrus, I started as scout and got a couple kills but than our team was being slaughtered and I notice that they were all being sniped. The game turned into a sniper war and people were scared to complete objectives(both sides).

No one on my team used engineer/tact. I stepped up and used them and started planting engineers to get closer to their base. Switched to tact and drop some spawn nades. We ended up over taking them. We lost 3-4 but the game got way more competitive since it started 0-3(them up). I ended like 37-11 and their top player was like 29-5(obviously scout).

I was frustrated, but if my team cant adjust, than I will and I did and we came close to winning. If I had 2 more people who were good, we would have probably won.

Good example of what I was talking about, seeing how the other team is playing and instead of running straight at them, using flanking or different strategies to counter that.

Accept my friend request! Been pending for a month or so. :lol

Oh boy!

I'm at 13/14 for melee killing each Helghast type and I don't know which one I'm missing. I believe it may be the Commando, LMG Trooper or Advanced Shock Trooper. But don't know what levels they are on. I think it may be Commando but I can't remember seeing him.

Any ideas on where to find those guys?

Esch

Banned
It is pretty ridiculous that the assault has power weapons and raised health and movement though, I feel like that needs to be patched a little bit. There is some undeniably huge offensive power there.

cresto

Just curious, are there ways to limit classes to 1 or 2 per team like some FPS's on the PC do? That would seem to cut down on the issues with MP right?

ergo said:
Just curious, are there ways to limit classes to 1 or 2 per team like some FPS's on the PC do? That would seem to cut down on the issues with MP right?

Just don't play with wackos who think it's necessary to have half the team as Scout during crap like Search & Retrieve. :/

.GqueB.

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
See a half hour is normal but sacrificing the very sleep that is imperative to me getting through a day of work in order to hear a couple chirps in the morning is just nuts.
LMAO touche

Nightz

BruceLeeRoy said:
LOL wow, you're hardcore man. Although I admit I would do the same thing if only I could wake up that early. :D

.GqueB.

Banned
Pai Pai Master said:
Just don't play with wackos who think it's necessary to have half the team as Scout during crap like Search & Retrieve. :/
bwahahhaha. Youre describing GAF on phyrrus last night.

Top Bottom