• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

KZObsessed

Good games tonight gentlemen. There were some really close/intense rounds.

That last game on Helghan Industries was sooo laggy tho.

10dollas

Banned
Great fun was had by all tonight. Well, except by lyulf with his discontent with his numbnut teammates. Can we get a full story lyulf?

.GqueB.

Banned
I think he was just frustrated and his frustrations lead to -42. My guess is, they were too foolish to live. They werent using his spawn points for one. Which would explain why the search and destroy targets were barren for minutes at a time.

10dollas

Banned
.GqueB. said:
I think he was just frustrated and his frustrations lead to -42. My guess is, they were too foolish to live. They werent using his spawn points for one. Which would explain why the search and destroy targets were barren for minutes at a time.

Yeah there were a great deal of foolish people in our games tonight. I had to relieve (teamkill) our team assassination target of his duties before the countdown would finish due to this chump being a combination of afk, non-active, and brain dead.

wtb moron deterrent

10dollas

Banned
Oh and watch out for Echo. He is a more dangerous teamate than he is an enemy. My god Have I never seen so many team headshots just from one person. :)

I wish I could have heard what half you guys were saying but you all apparently have your mic input volume turned way down.. with an official Sony BT Headset turned up to the max I could hardly hear you guys, WTF

TheFatOne

10dollas said:
Great fun was had by all tonight. Well, except by lyulf with his discontent with his numbnut teammates. Can we get a full story lyulf?

Read below

.GqueB. said:

Bingo I set up a spawn point literally seconds after search and destroy starts. To be clear I had the jump on the entire team. The only person that was close to the base was FFObsessed and I killed him.It was a pretty good spawn and if a few guys spawned from it the game would have been over. 3min went by and no one spawned. Same thing happened in the next game so I said fuck it. I first assassinated our guy and simply replied with ooops my gun slipped.

After that I could just hear them moan about "that guy who is team killing everyone". What really kept me going after my assassination was this one guy. Me and a couple of people were shooting at the enemy, and he is just screaming and cussing people out because we were accidentally shooting at him. So I went up behind him and shot him. It's simple if you actually try and win the game instead of fucking around I wont kill the entire team.

FFObsessed said:
Good games tonight gentlemen. There were some really close/intense rounds.

That last game on Helghan Industries was sooo laggy tho.

I think the lag is partly due to my connection. The first game I played 10dollas in a 2on 2 and it was laggy so it could have been me. BTW when you complain about the lag you do worse. So try to keep playing instead of complaining that's what I do now.

Edit: I will have GAF MELTDOWN up again tomorrow, and hopefully I can fix my network by then.

10dollas

Banned
Well I'll be damned. All this drama missed out on due to being on the wrong team. At one moment I hear this crazy annoying fool badmouthing his teammates, but his volume kept getting lower. I would assume this guy was on your team Lyulf. But anyways, at that point I was desperate to find the source of this and move closer to keep the audible sensation alive. Was even considering going permanently undercover as a saboteur behind enemy lines to just sit and watch as the drama unfolds on the enemy team. This is the only downfall to proximity chat ;/, it has too short of a range at timez.

icechai

10dollas said:
Well I'll be damned. All this drama missed out on due to being on the wrong team. At one moment I hear this crazy annoying fool badmouthing his teammates, but his volume kept getting lower. I would assume this guy was on your team Lyulf. But anyways, at that point I was desperate to find the source of this and move closer to keep the audible sensation alive. Was even considering going permanently undercover as a saboteur behind enemy lines to just sit and watch as the drama unfolds on the enemy team. This is the only downfall to proximity chat ;/, it has too short of a range at timez.

too short of a range? you can practically hear the other team planning stuff all along blood gracht :p

Lord Phol

bcn-ron said:
Your PS3 should be connected to an HDTV either with component cables or HDMI cables. The ones that came in the box are composite and can only give you 576i at 50Hz. If you don't have a "HD ready" TV, component cables will give you 576p and better sharpness but still only 50Hz.

If you're on an HDTV and have the right cables all hooked up, go into your display settings in the XMB (settings column is second from the left). You'll be prompted for the type of cable you use and for the resolutions it supports. Make sure 720p is checked. 576p will always be checked on a PAL PS3. 1080i is irrelevant nonsense (might as well turn it off). 1080p if you have a 1080p TV. You can also just select "auto" if this seems too much.

edit: large games on small maps (such as 16vs16 on Tharsis) very commonly have framerate issues. Many of us feel the game really can't support that many players, not even on the largest maps, but it shipped with the option anyway just to fill out a checkbox.
If you want a smoother, more tactical experience you should go for servers with a lower player limit. 8vs8, 10vs10 still works decently IMO.

Ah that's what I though :x, will have to just bite it untit I can afford a HD-rig someday in the far away future then, thanks ^^.
Yeh I tend to prefer the smaller games anyhow, just feels so chaotic and random with 20+ .

Cagen

Euro-GAF, we have an important game tomorrow night, the quarter finals of the official tournament. If we don't get close to 16 members (or hopefully all) in the game we will be at a large disadvantage.

Name: Corinth Clusterfuck (Clan Warfare)
Ladder: 16vs16 64 clans (64 clans in, 8 clans left)
Time: Wednesday, April 29th 8:30pm BST
VP: 376, 193, 71 (10 fee)
Map: CC
Modes: All
FF: On
Classes: All
Weapons: All
Roster: Everyone

Having a bitch of a time trying to join a game tonight. Game keeps freezing during the joining phase and I have to do a hard reset. Once I manage to get into the game it is fine. But like 1 out of every 3 games I join it is hard locking on me!

Gibb

PuppetMaster said:
Having a bitch of a time trying to join a game tonight. Game keeps freezing during the joining phase and I have to do a hard reset. Once I manage to get into the game it is fine. But like 1 out of every 3 games I join it is hard locking on me!
happened to me as well.. 3 out of 4 games froze.. but everything seemed fine again last time I played.

Facism

Cagen said:
Euro-GAF, we have an important game tomorrow night, the quarter finals of the official tournament. If we don't get close to 16 members (or hopefully all) in the game we will be at a large disadvantage.

Name: Corinth Clusterfuck (Clan Warfare)
Ladder: 16vs16 64 clans (64 clans in, 8 clans left)
Time: Wednesday, April 29th 8:30pm BST
VP: 376, 193, 71 (10 fee)
Map: CC
Modes: All
FF: On
Classes: All
Weapons: All
Roster: Everyone

We did pretty well on numbers last week, and i can make it myself again.

andycapps

TheFatOne said:
Bingo I set up a spawn point literally seconds after search and destroy starts. To be clear I had the jump on the entire team. The only person that was close to the base was FFObsessed and I killed him.It was a pretty good spawn and if a few guys spawned from it the game would have been over. 3min went by and no one spawned. Same thing happened in the next game so I said fuck it. I first assassinated our guy and simply replied with ooops my gun slipped.

After that I could just hear them moan about "that guy who is team killing everyone". What really kept me going after my assassination was this one guy. Me and a couple of people were shooting at the enemy, and he is just screaming and cussing people out because we were accidentally shooting at him. So I went up behind him and shot him. It's simple if you actually try and win the game instead of fucking around I wont kill the entire team.

Haha holy crap, this must have been after I left the games. I only played through 2 maps of GAF Meltdown. I should be on at some point tonight hopefully (if not there, someone can join me on TF2 on Steam). Maybe it should be password protected the usual password to keep the randoms from joining in and not knowing what to do.

JardeL

TheFatOne said:
Read below

I think the lag is partly due to my connection. The first game I played 10dollas in a 2on 2 and it was laggy so it could have been me. BTW when you complain about the lag you do worse. So try to keep playing instead of complaining that's what I do now.

Edit: I will have GAF MELTDOWN up again tomorrow, and hopefully I can fix my network by then.
Dude :lol, I wanna see the battle replay...

I did this once too, but not the whole team only one guy... I shot him in the face whenever I saw him...

The matches are so intense playing in the gaf servers. On the Phyrrus map when we were defending it was madness but everyone was still sort of coordinating. I never play engineer but i heard someone shout to me that I needed to be that class? for some reason, so i changed it and I had a blast. I was setting up turrets to protect the bomb placements. At one point Im trying ot set up another turret and see two guys disarming and nobody killin them. so i ran over, two shots from the rifle to each of thier heads! it was awesome.

Oh, and I hate being on the recieving end of C4!!!!

TheFatOne

JardeL said:
Dude :lol, I wanna see the battle replay...

I did this once too, but not the whole team only one guy... I shot him in the face whenever I saw him...

At the moment I think killzone.com is down, but I will post a battle replay when I can.

TrAcEr_x90 said:
The matches are so intense playing in the gaf servers. On the Phyrrus map when we were defending it was madness but everyone was still sort of coordinating. I never play engineer but i heard someone shout to me that I needed to be that class? for some reason, so i changed it and I had a blast. I was setting up turrets to protect the bomb placements. At one point Im trying ot set up another turret and see two guys disarming and nobody killin them. so i ran over, two shots from the rifle to each of thier heads! it was awesome.

One it is good to see people actually listen to me :lol and two I kept taging you with C4 on Corinth. I must have killed you at least 10 times with C4 :lol

Facism

KZ2 needs a mandatory IQ test before you're allowed online.

Public games are some of the worst pieces of shit games you could ever play in a FPS.

:(

Crackers

Neo Member
TrAcEr_x90 said:

But being on the giving end is so funny! :D

TheFatOne said:
At the moment I think killzone.com is down, but I will post a battle replay when I can.

One it is good to see people actually listen to me :lol and two I kept taging you with C4 on Corinth. I must have killed you at least 10 times with C4 :lol

Hahahaha, dude i still have yet to get C4 so I am not sure how it is used or how long it takes to place it. I would kill you, so i figured by the time i ran back there wouldnt be time for you to place it again, but sure enough, you had already put some more dammit!!!! Overall though I didnt care cuz i figured sooomeone had to be following so if i took the c4 then hopefully someone could get to disarming. But you do have good placements, there were alot of times I was trying to shoot you and bam! c4 blowing up my ass again.

What was up with being engineer? was it because we didnt have any at the time?

Lince

Banned
Facism said:
KZ2 needs a mandatory IQ test before you're allowed online.

Public games are some of the worst pieces of shit games you could ever play in a FPS.

:(

just stick to bodycount-only games, even if you're lucky to get into a game where there's some sort of teamplay involved there will always be the usual lone-wolf placing spawn points in hilarious places letting your entire team down. I can't believe Guerrilla relied so much on random gamers coordinating to accomplish objectives, a party system shouldn't have been that hard to implement and it was fundamental, KZ3 I guess.

Rolf NB

I've had a lot of fun playing random games. Maybe it's the time of day or something.

I'm also not so super-competitive about it. I think I've just about reached my skill plateu and there's absolutely no point for me obsessing over getting the perfect match with the stars aligned in just the right way so that I can truly shine. I'm just not that kind of player.

TheFatOne

TrAcEr_x90 said:
Hahahaha, dude i still have yet to get C4 so I am not sure how it is used or how long it takes to place it. I would kill you, so i figured by the time i ran back there wouldnt be time for you to place it again, but sure enough, you had already put some more dammit!!!! Overall though I didnt care cuz i figured sooomeone had to be following so if i took the c4 then hopefully someone could get to disarming. But you do have good placements, there were alot of times I was trying to shoot you and bam! c4 blowing up my ass again.

What was up with being engineer? was it because we didnt have any at the time?

Yea pretty much. If you have well placed turrets on search and destroy they will get easy kills for you. Not only that they distract the opposing team because they are worried about the turrets. They make it harder for the opposing team. If you have 4 bots up and spaced out they can control the area.

Edit: For C4 once it blows up it takes about 10-20 seconds for it to come back. So its pretty quick.

TheFatOne said:
Yea pretty much. If you have well placed turrets on search and destroy they will get easy kills for you. Not only that they distract the opposing team because they are worried about the turrets. They make it harder for the opposing team. If you have 4 bots up and spaced out they can control the area.

Yeah I dont mind switching to another class. I usually stick to medic or sab(because Im trying to get his damn c4, so i know the feeling of blowin dudes up!!) I guess sab is kind of useless till maybe kill the target mode is goin. Engineer was fun last night though, I thought for sure was going to get a ribbon for turret kills but didnt get one.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
TheFatOne said:

I used to be a big C4 whore, but now I use the med packs as my secondary. I can't imagine playing without it. So many firefights end with me at low health; had I not been at full health to begin with, I'd have died. Always being at full health, or being able to heal yourself instantly, is such an advantage.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
TrAcEr_x90 said:
Yeah I dont mind switching to another class. I usually stick to medic or sab(because Im trying to get his damn c4, so i know the feeling of blowin dudes up!!) I guess sab is kind of useless till maybe kill the target mode is goin. Engineer was fun last night though, I thought for sure was going to get a ribbon for turret kills but didnt get one.

Sab, useless? Best class in the game! The SMG is the reason. headshot, headshot, headshot

TheFatOne

TrAcEr_x90 said:

Read below

commish said:
Sab, useless? Best class in the game! The SMG is the reason. headshot, headshot, headshot

The sab has the two best guns IMO. The accurate as hell rifle and the head shot hunter smg.

oneHeero

Sounds like some awesome games in Lyulfs game last night.

Hopefully I can make it tonight, would be awesome to have a lot of GAFA and GAFE people online and separate the 2 and just have a bunch of gaf games like we use too.

Nizz

How can I have gone on so long without the M4? Damn, the gun is incredible! It's a damn "win cannon". Two well placed shots in close...dead. Headshot...dead.

I even managed to take out people at a pretty good distance with it also. Playing on the Helghan Industries map, someone was on the bridge/walkway that connects the two buildings. I was on ground level on the street below. Two/three shots, he was dead.

I usually play as a Scout or a Sab, and every time I picked a class to start the round/respawn, I'd go to the M4 quick. Really good weapon...

commish said:

Well i guess im not using him to the full potential. Because it seems like players that arent new always know that im in disguise and blast me before i have a chance to shoot anyone. I hardly ever use the second gun, i guess i should try that out. The other gun is sweet for headshots, but is really a close range type of gun. And man, i run out of ammo so quickly with it.

I dont know, I would say im a decent player. But playing in the GAF servers is a whole different thing. I get killed aloooooot. I must up my skills.

oneHeero said:
Sounds like some awesome games in Lyulfs game last night.

Hopefully I can make it tonight, would be awesome to have a lot of GAFA and GAFE people online and separate the 2 and just have a bunch of gaf games like we use too.

ill defintely be playing again tonight, same time. Its just crazy how long the matches can go for. My girlfriend was bugging me when Id get off, I said 10 minutes and it turned into an hour.

oneHeero

TrAcEr_x90 said:
ill defintely be playing again tonight, same time. Its just crazy how long the matches can go for. My girlfriend was bugging me when Id get off, I said 10 minutes and it turned into an hour.
Hell yeah, always happens like that when I play in GAF games. They can go on for a couple of hours before I notice.

I'll be on tonight add me to PSN: F1nestOne

Looks like my bluetooth headset has been acting up. Without communication I have no idea what to do other then follow squad and attempt to help. Was doing horrible while fighting with my headset to reconfigure it with PS3 and see if thats why I was getting cut-off speech and a weird loud whine through the earpiece.

Has anyone else experienced problems since the last patch?
My headset (plantronics bt500 think) has been acting up and when the intro movie to the game starts 9 times out of 10 I can't skip past it unless I reconnect my DS3 or connect a second controller and press start.

I know someone is getting hard freezes in MP and someone above is crashing in MP.

obaidr

Banned
xenorevlis said:
Looks like my bluetooth headset has been acting up. Without communication I have no idea what to do other then follow squad and attempt to help. Was doing horrible while fighting with my headset to reconfigure it with PS3 and see if thats why I was getting cut-off speech and a weird loud whine through the earpiece.

Has anyone else experienced problems since the last patch?
My headset (plantronics bt500 think) has been acting up and when the intro movie to the game starts 9 times out of 10 I can't skip past it unless I reconnect my DS3 or connect a second controller and press start.

I know someone is getting hard freezes in MP and someone above is crashing in MP.

delete the game data and re-download the patch. should be fixed then.

.GqueB.

Banned
xenorevlis said:
And when the intro movie to the game starts 9 times out of 10 I can't skip past it unless I reconnect my DS3 or connect a second controller and press start.
I do believe that was actually part of the last patch. You cant skip until the GG logo goes away. Some sort of sony requirement apparently.

.GqueB. said:
I do believe that was actually part of the last patch. You cant skip until the GG logo goes away. Some sort of sony requirement apparently.
Stupid TRC :p

I know exactly the issue at hand, but I figured the initial logo display / credit line were enough. Guess having it on the title screen is pointless now...

obaidr - I will try that, although I was attempting to not delete anything yet but game data is okay

TheFatOne

I'm going to put GAF MELTDOWN!!! up at 8PM EST just giving everyone a heads up now. Not sure if i will have the same settings as yesterday. I might change some things.

Killzone 2 Online Championships Announced!

SCEA and MLG Gamebattles are proud to announce the Killzone 2 Online Championships! Assemble your 4-man teams and compete in the critically-acclaimed shooter from Sony Computer Entertainment to win big!

Up for grabs are some amazing PlayStation items, including the authentic Helghast Suits worn at the end of the trailer below, each valued at more than $8,000. Other prizes include StA52 assault rifle replicas, Helghast collectable busts, downloadable content, and collectible Killzone 2 T-shirts.

Squads sign up here: http://gamebattles.com/killzone2/

xenorevlis said:
Stupid TRC :p

I know exactly the issue at hand, but I figured the initial logo display / credit line were enough. Guess having it on the title screen is pointless now...

obaidr - I will try that, although I was attempting to not delete anything yet but game data is okay

Im really getting tired of the speech at the beginning.

.GqueB.

Banned
I just played a bunch of public matches (I wanna get that revolver that pretty much all of gaf is running around blasting me with) and it is jarring...

J-A-R-R-I-N-G

how many generals are running around putting down spawns backwards.

Facism

.GqueB. said:

Yeh, like we're to stupid to know who made the game and published it after the first time we're shown it.

Top Bottom