• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Kuroyume

Banned
fps fanatic said:
Are most of you guys playing at the default sensitivity? With the last tweak to the controls, it didn't seem different at the default setting. But since I play with x sensitivity up two spots, I noticed the acceleration was a bit quicker and tighter.

GG have said they didn't touch the controls at all. TTP already mentioned (as well as GG themselves) that their next patch would involve the controls again. I think a choice between having it play as is, and another letting you tweak it some more?

I noticed with the pistol, I had to play with x sensitivity only one notch up from default. Seems that gun is a little all over the place. Good news is I finally got the M4. :D

I don't play defualt. I have it up a few spots. Great job unlocking the M4. You'll fall in love with it. It's my favorite weapon in the game. :D

Brannon said:
I need to break my medic addiction. Killing people with my heal beam, getting in firefight then running away to drink blood then finishing off the guy that chased me, continuously keeping chokepoints full of health packs to keep the line, it's heaven.

The other classes can't be this good, right? Cuz I haven't played them yet...

You're super awesome for being a teamplayer. Other classes are also great but I hope that you keep on doing your job cause people tend to stop using the abilities i.e. healing and whatnot.

Wollan said:
Got myself a free Wargod trophy yesterday.
Indifferent2.gif

Seriously, WTF is up with that :lol I got it too :/

Kuroyume

Banned
I think in Killzone 3 Rico should piss off his ISA buddies so much that they won't help him when he needs it. He should fall of a ledge hanging over a toxic pool and instead of helping him up they leave him there to die. He should then fall into the toxic pool and turn into a mutant capable of cloning himself over and over. He could create a mutant army and become the third faction in the game like the Flood in Halo.

.GqueB.

Banned
shagg_187 said:
You're super awesome for being a teamplayer. Other classes are also great but I hope that you keep on doing your job cause people tend to stop using the abilities i.e. healing and whatnot.
MEDIC FO LIFE. Im always a medic unless I notice that halfway into a search and destroy mission there are no spawn points up.

Seriously how the hell does that even happen?

Those are my main two choices really. I only switch to Scout when my KD is offensively low.

KZObsessed

Saw this on Killzoneunit:

visari.jpg

Makes me want a Scolar Visari figurine. So he can sit on my shelf and re-educate visitors to the Helghast cause. >_<

10dollas

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Scout is most fun. But probably least effective when trying to work as a team. Except maybe on S&D on certain maps. Tho getting the assassination target as a scout is just beautiful.

Once the ability to noscope shots has been mastered it increases the scouts team compatibility.

KZObsessed

The "spread" while no scoping is completely random and very wide. (I've tried it.) It can't be "mastered" unfortunately. Can be useful, but you can't be accurate with it more often than not.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
10dollas said:
The sniper no longer is a camping class but instead becomes a moving raging shotgunner equivalent that rolls with the team.

ha, why not just pick the shotgun class then? and like was said, it's pretty hard/impossible to "master". snipers = useless most times, but i do admit it can be fun

10dollas

Banned
The spread (regardless of position) on the sniper is about as wide as the ISA rifle cross hairs (edit for more accuracy). At a certain range--a range I'd like to say is the same range where the saboteurs tend to operate with give-me-headshots with their smgs-- the spread is a non-issue when aiming at the center of the body. By mastery I mean calculating the probability of hitting with a noscope shot depending on range. At this range it is a 100% guaranteed kill and at longer distances it is just sufficient to do a quick zoom and shoot. But yeah otherwise there is no way to control it.

Irnbru

commish said:
ha, why not just pick the shotgun class then? and like was said, it's pretty hard/impossible to "master". snipers = useless most times, but i do admit it can be fun

They are amazing for defense on pyruss and salami market though >_>, on salami market, well, any of the big maps. But you've got to play with defense in mind.

10dollas

Banned
commish said:

Mastering snipers is only as hard as mastering wall-bouncing shotgunning technique in gears. Its not something that comes easy, but it sure isn't impossible and it is damn well worth it in a lot of situations where having a shotgun in your hands means almost assured death by means of a hammerburst. For instance in the game last night, I turn the corner and three helghasts are running straight for me in close proximity. Each and every one of them received a noscope shot in the chest. I am sure as hell that once they saw the sniper in close range, they damn well were expecting an easy kill and certainly weren't expecting to get mowed down as if I was in possession of a shotgun. But anyways, subsequent to the killing spree, I was able to get into a comfortable sniping position to use the sniper as it was intended, with the scope. The name of the game is versatility my friend :D.

commish

vicktormerv said:
They are amazing for defense on pyruss and salami market though >_>, on salami market, well, any of the big maps. But you've got to play with defense in mind.

Yeah, that's why I said "most", as I do recognize that they can be useful on SOME maps for SOME gamemodes. However, that's only about 15% of the time I'd guess.

commish

10dollas said:
Mastering snipers is only as hard as mastering wall-bouncing shotgunning technique in gears. Its not something that comes easy, but it sure isn't impossible and it is damn well worth it in a lot of situations where having a shotgun in your hands means almost assured death by means of a hammerburst. For instance in the game last night, I turn the corner and three helghasts are running straight for me in close proximity. Each and every one of them received a noscope shot in the chest. I am sure as hell that once they saw the sniper in close range, they damn well were expecting an easy kill and certainly weren't expecting to get mowed down as if I was in possession of a shotgun. But anyways, subsequent to the killing spree, I was able to get into a comfortable sniping position to use the sniper as it was intended, with the scope. The name of the game is versatility my friend :D.

First of all, if 3 guys let a sniper kill them like that before killing you, then they suck :p

Second of all, I don't see why what you describe is more effective than pulling out your handgun. In fact, I'd say you are just gimping yourself by relying on a non-scoped sniper shot to kill three people. The M4 is very powerful, is easier to aim, and has a higher rate of fire. What's the advantage of the sniper rifle?

Lince

Banned
I was in a somewhat long game with GAF "2good4u" and some idiots joined our (winning) faction even though teams were already uneven... what the hell? it's not like the game was released yesterday, stop joining the winning team and forcing the other faction to quit ruining the game for everyone, such lamers!!!

careful

Lince said:
I was in a somewhat long game with GAF "2good4u" and some idiots joined our (winning) faction even though teams were already uneven... what the hell? it's not like the game was released yesterday, stop joining the winning team and forcing the other faction to quit ruining the game for everyone, such lamers!!!
or...... they could just fix it not to allow unbalanced teams! How's that for an idea GG.

10dollas

Banned
commish said:
First of all, if 3 guys let a sniper kill them like that before killing you, then they suck :p

Second of all, I don't see why what you describe is more effective than pulling out your handgun. In fact, I'd say you are just gimping yourself by relying on a non-scoped sniper shot to kill three people. The M4 is very powerful, is easier to aim, and has a higher rate of fire. What's the advantage of the sniper rifle?

Well it was a tight corridor in the upper rooms in blood gracht. They were forced to come at me in a line and all weren't able to all open fire at any one instant due to body blockage.

First I won't claim it as an end all be all type of situation. I am still trying to pioneer different tactics etcetera, etcetera. Perhaps in most circumstances simply being a medic with its m82 may be more effective. But concerning the m4: more and more games are banning it s use, and thus its not always available. As well, the m4 is a two shot kill. Good luck finishing off a shotgunner or a saboteur aiming for the noggin at short range before he kills you in the time it takes to get off 2 shots. On the otherhand I prefer to use the m4 at medium-short ranges where the spread of the sniper becomes to unwieldy and trying to zoom kill a person strafing is impossible.

Plus, ending lives with the m4 doesn't score you that added bonus of hearing the bitter recent victims moan over "lame" "lucky" noscope close range kills.

test_account

XP-39C²
Did anyone mention yet that last week's total amout of players went up compared to the week before that again? :) If not, the total amount of players did go up, right? 2 weeks it was something around 217,000 players if i remembre correctly, but last week it was something around 219,000 players :) Maybe the launch of Killzone 2 in Japan is some of the reason for this?

Lince

Banned
test_account said:
Did anyone mention yet that last week's total amout of players went up compared to the week before that again? :) If not, the total amount of players did go up, right? 2 weeks it was something around 21,700 players if i remembre correctly, but last week it was something around 21,900 players :) Maybe the launch of Killzone 2 in Japan is some of the reason for this?

219k not 22k, and mostly people coming back to check what the new patch had to offer... I expect the number to double with the DLC (hopefully).

Thrakier

Lince said:

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE Lince will soon be back. He's a ticking bomb.

:D

test_account

XP-39C²
Lince said:
219k not 22k, and mostly people coming back to check what the new patch had to offer... I expect the number to double with the DLC (hopefully).
Ah yes, my mistake, sorry. I was only thinking of number of pages in the Killzone 2 in-game leaderboards, but there are indeed 10 players on each page, so i had to multiply the numbers by 10. I have now edited my previous post and fixed the errors now, thanks for pointing it out :)

Ye, that might also be why, that people checked out what the new patch had to offer as you say :) Ye, i think it should be interesting if the numbers of players goes up after the DLC comes out :)

Maggot9

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Awesome! :D I won't let you down!!
Indifferent2.gif

I will accept the clan invite after 4pm tommorow (28th April) for I have my one last exam left. At Ryerson at this moment, going to sleep on the damn sofa here :/
i know some people at that school. what program are you in?

Lince

Banned
Thrakier said:
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE Lince will soon be back. He's a ticking bomb.

:lol

you seem to know me well ;-)
but with the Uncharted 2 news now I can clearly see I won't have to cope with KZ2 flaws much longer (Beta starting in June), come July KZ2 should be a better experience with the promised patches fixing everything.

Thrakier

Lince said:

but with the Uncharted 2 news now I can clearly see I won't have to cope with KZ2 flaws much longer (Beta starting in June), come July KZ2 should be a better experience with the promised patches fixing everything.

I really would enjoy kicking your ass out of a Warhawk, flying above your head and screaming RAAAAAAAAAAGE in my headset. Did I mention this before? Does it sound strange?

I hope we Yurops get the U2 beta!!! :) I'm currently thinking about buying the KZ2 Map Pack but yeah....uhm...just got my E-Drum-Set up and working and that's also a time sucker. We'll see.

Lince

Banned
Thrakier said:
I really would enjoy kicking your ass out of a Warhawk, flying above your head and screaming RAAAAAAAAAAGE in my headset. Did I mention this before? Does it sound strange?

:lol :lol

I was a really good Warhawk player back in the day (specially piloting Warhawks) :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Lince said:

La furia española !!!

TheFatOne

In about an hour or so I am going to try and set up a GAF game. I am going to watch the Red Sox vs. Cleveland game for a little while. So look for GAF MELTDOWN!!! in about an hour. I will post on GAF when I put it up.

Edit: I should be playing all night so everyone should get a chance to play in it. If you are a GAFA member please play in the game once it is up.

.GqueB.

Banned
TheFatOne said:
In about an hour or so I am going to try and set up a GAF game. I am going to watch the Red Sox vs. Cleveland game for a little while. So look for GAF MELTDOWN!!! in about an hour. I will post on GAF when I put it up.

Edit: I should be playing all night so everyone should get a chance to play in it. If you are a GAFA member please play in the game once it is up.
AFTER HEROS BRO...

Its the season finale...

TheFatOne said:

I should be on about 9:30 EST!

TheFatOne

GAF MELTDOWN!!! is up

22 players
no rtks
no assault
ff on

Edit: My connection is being retarded and creating a ton of lag. Give me 5 min to reset my network.

Lince

Banned
ok I just had the worst lagfest ever along with 5 fellow friends from GAFe... it was hilarious how everyone was warping around and it took half a clip to take down anyone at point blank. To end the night in a higher note the following game some random players joined / switched to our faction in the last moment so we were 8 v 2... >_< !!

it seems there's no way to play with friends in a decent way in this fucking game, either we join games with auto-balance and shoot each other so we can't put proper tactics into practice together or we have to resort to clan games with even funnier lag, cheaters, glitchers, and exploiters.

I'd like to say "fuck off Guerrilla shove this piece of plastic junk up your ass" but since I came to terms with the nice GAF lads who work for them I'll just take a deep breath and go to bed, it's just a game.

gg Cagen, Rick, Dellrizla, Bacon and our lady FoxGirl anyway. Hope to see you online tomorrow again!

dazed808

Lince mate you know I feel your pain with this. The last week has been almost unplayable for me with ridiculous lag in all but a handful of games. I thought it may of been my connection but i've tested the fuck out of it and it's all rock solid. I was putting 4-5 hours in a night but the last couple of nights i've managed 1-2 hours at most before giving up in frustration.I will continue to persevere for a little while longer in the hope it magically sorts itself out but i'm not gonna hold my breath on that one. GG's anyway gentlemen and i'll catch you all tomorrow night.

KZObsessed

Lince said:
I noticed you playing PES tonight instead of Killzone, I hope this ain't a trend... I miss you <3 :lol

Well, seeing as I was vote kicked and banned from the last game by my fellow clan mates, I took that as a sign to never play KZ2 again! :lol

Nah, I was just tired tonight and PES takes little to no effort. I'll play 2moro night for sure!

Top Bottom