• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Facism

TheFatOne said:
Yes now we don't have to deal with the GAFe peasants :p

ricky_martin_hs102.jpg

Or, GAFa doesn't win consistently because I haven't been privy to the clan practice games / strategies / etc. :p

Kittonwy is too popular on PSN so I can't work with him, or whomever else.

TheFatOne

I'm going to set up GAF MELTDOWN in a few minutes. Just watching the first half of the Celtics game.

GAF MELTDOWN!!! is up same settings as yesterday.

TheFatOne said:
:lol :lol :lol

:lol

I just had an epiphany. The reason GAFA doesn't win consistently is because we don't have a mascot like GAFe with Ricky Martin. I nominate " Terrible" Terry Tate office linebacker. He can get GAFA right into shape.

I agree!!!

terrytate.jpg

Loudninja

shagg_187 said:
Dumb noobs... Why don't people know how to fucking use spawn grenades?!!!!

It's Search and Destroy and they are planting grenades on the other end of the damn map!

Or they put them in front of your base -_-

Lince

Banned
well done Dazed (Rick) & FFO, we were 3v6 and yet outsmarted them to win, they went crazy after that and start team-killing in the following game... idiots.

and good games with Cagen, Facism (Live), Nega, Bacon, Fersis, Fox and Delri... you're all one step above me now, I must catch up already damn ! :lol

oh I think I played with Bovo some games earlier today too, cheers Bovo!

GAFe playing = worth playing

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Lince said:
well done Dazed (Rick) & FFO, we were 3v6 and yet outsmarted them to win, they went crazy after that and start team-killing in the following game... idiots.

and good games with Cagen, Facism (Live), Nega, Bacon, Fersis, Fox and Delri... you're all one step above me now, I must catch up already damn ! :lol

oh I think I played with Bovo some games earlier today too, cheers Bovo!

GAFe playing = worth playing
Always have fun playing with you! Sorry couldn't stay on for long, I was having trouble keeping my eyes open. :p

KZObsessed

That Pyrrhus Rise game was awesome. 3-0 when I joined. It was 6 vs 1 (poor Jardel) :lol

Rick and Lyulf joined our side at 3-0 and others joined after for an epic comeback 4-3! I finished top! yaaay!

The second game tho on Corinth omg. One of the worst games of KZ2 I've played in in a while. I was 1 second away from defusing the charge and I get TKd by some retard called Anerythmic or something. Then on the next S&D I'm planting the second charge early on and I get TKd again, by some other retard! Retard number 2 had like -28 points or something smh.

I was the only one planting spawn points by the end of the second round, and most people seemed to prefer just running around killing/getting killed than actually trying to kill planters/defusers or going after the objective. Some people were just constantly invincible due to a combination or epic lag and Guerrilla's spawn invincibility bullshit.

Complete turd of a game, had to leave. Need to sleep anyway :p First game was lots of fun tho. 22 players is far too much on the smaller maps. 16 is what we normally play, I think that amount works fairly well on all the maps.

TheFatOne

Don't worry if you guys don't play in GAF MELTDOWN this night. Every night I play I will put the game up and I usually play most nights. Great games tonight guys. GAFe is really quite whenever I play on their team :lol and I'm talking all the time.

FFObsessed said:
That Pyrrhus Rise game was awesome. 3-0 when I joined. It was 6 vs 1 (poor Jardel) :lol

Rick and Lyulf joined our side at 3-0 and others joined after for an epic comeback 4-3! I finished top! yaaay!

Those were some fun games. On Pyrrhus at first I though that I should play tactician and everyone else could play their best class, but Rick had the spawn point perfectly so I switched to engineer. That comeback was awesome though to bad I didn't get any points for it though :(

FFObsessed said:
The second game tho on Corinth omg. One of the worst games of KZ2 I've played in in a while. I was 1 second away from defusing the charge and I get TKd by some retard called Anerythmic or something. Then on the next S&D I'm planting the second charge early on and I get TKd again, by some other retard! Retard number 2 had like -28 points or something smh.

Man I had an epic assassination. I went behind the entire team tossed two grenades and bam we won. It was awesome because the other team was full of gafers and the team I was on only had me, ice, JardeL(I think), and maybe someone else.

Ohh man their was this japanese guy that kept suiciding on Visari. Every time he did that he killed 5 or 5 of our guys. It's always fun playing with a bunch of gafers. BTW CJ I AM NOT A DOG!!!!! :lol :lol

JardeL

PR [ epic comeback ] , Corinth and Radec were fun...

I was the one who defused the bomb in last second :D [ yes I couldnt believe that miracle too :lol ] thanks to cloak... They placed another one and won the round though...

And CJ!! It was not on purpose [ Radec incident ] as you can understand from my following acts :lol , I CARED DUDE I CARED !!! :lol

And please next time write FF ON! or something to the server name to specify friendly fire is on for non gaffers... And for Gaffers too ... Wth was wrong with you Kittonwy & A4RK , you got me at least 5 or 6 times at Blood Gracht :lol ... Kittonwy killed me , respawned , A4RK killed me , respawned , Kitton's turn again , respawn , this time A4RK respawn ...... :lol

JardeL said:

I was the one who defused the bomb in last second :D [ yes I couldnt believe that miracle too :lol ] thanks to cloak... They placed another one and won the round though...

And CJ!! It was not on purpose [ Radec incident ] as you can understand from my following acts :lol , I CARED DUDE I CARED !!! :lol

And please next time write FF ON! or something to the server name to specify friendly fire is on for non gaffers... And for Gaffers too ... Wth was wrong with you Kittonwy & A4RK , you got me at least 5 or 6 times at Blood Gracht :lol ... Kittonwy killed me , respawned , A4RK killed me , respawned , Kitton's turn again , respawn , this time A4RK respawn ...... :lol

i hate facing you one on one cause you always take so many damn shots to die, its like your wearing armor or something i swear:lol

Cagen

Euro-GAF, our quarter final is tonight so don't forget and don't be late. we still need 5(6) more players.

Name: Corinth Clusterfuck (Clan Warfare)
Ladder: 16vs16 64 clans (64 clans in, 8 clans left)
Time: Wednesday, April 29th 8:30pm BST
VP: 376, 193, 71 (10 fee)
Map: CC
Modes: All
FF: On
Classes: All
Weapons: All
Roster: Everyone

Confirmed so far: Cagen, Dunpeal, FoxGirl, Delrizzla, Chryz, Live, Lince, Nega, Raist, Bovo
Possibles: Stimpledorf

Cagen said:
Euro-GAF, our quarter final is tonight so don't forget and don't be late. we still need 5(6) more players.

Name: Corinth Clusterfuck (Clan Warfare)
Ladder: 16vs16 64 clans (64 clans in, 8 clans left)
Time: Wednesday, April 29th 8:30pm BST
VP: 376, 193, 71 (10 fee)
Map: CC
Modes: All
FF: On
Classes: All
Weapons: All
Roster: Everyone

Confirmed so far: Cagen, Dunpeal, FoxGirl, Delrizzla, Chryz, Live, Lince, Nega, Raist, Bovo
Possibles: Stimpledorf

*sigh* can't make it. Best of luck to all of you!

JardeL

aj2good4you2 said:
i hate facing you one on one cause you always take so many damn shots to die, its like your wearing armor or something i swear:lol
I have a secret :p ...

I have something to hate about you too , your damn turrets ! Man , you're the best engineer in KZ2 ... Wherever I run / look , I see your damn turrets... Sometimes it seems they are more than 4 , what's your secret :lol ?..

andycapps

TheFatOne said:
Don't worry if you guys don't play in GAF MELTDOWN this night. Every night I play I will put the game up and I usually play most nights. Great games tonight guys. GAFe is really quite whenever I play on their team :lol and I'm talking all the time.

They probably get intimidated by your drill sergeant like barking orders at them. :lol The first time I played with you a few days ago, I was like dang, this guy talks a lot. But I definitely prefer having you on my team as you know what you're doing. On Corinth last night it seemed like I'd turn around a corner and bam, Lyulf kills me. Then JardeL takes me out from the top of the bridge.

Our team was just not working together well at all on Corinth. Part of it was that our tacticians weren't doing that great and we weren't communicating enough. I went tactician to try to get better spawn points but I'll admit I'm not the best tactician and only play it if the other tacticians are doing a really poor job. I prefer engineer or saboteur.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Crazy game last night.
I only played one match but it was a spawn fest, it made me remember why i was taking a break from KZ2 :(
And those crazy guys who were Team killing us during the entire match
(I reported one of them)

dazed808

TheFatOne said:
GAFe is really quite whenever I play on their team :lol and I'm talking all the time.
I had my little one asleep next to me and didn't wanna risk waking her so was keeping my mouth shut!

Those were some fun games. On Pyrrhus at first I though that I should play tactician and everyone else could play their best class, but Rick had the spawn point perfectly so I switched to engineer. That comeback was awesome though to bad I didn't get any points for it though :(
Was a fantastic team performance to comeback like that, it's games like that that keep me playing this.
Glad you noticed my Tact skills as I was a little disheartened after games earlier in the evening with my fellow GAFe teammates, their lack of belief in me was starting to shake my confidence a bit.
yes, i'm looking at you Cagen:lol

TheFatOne

andycapps said:
They probably get intimidated by your drill sergeant like barking orders at them. :lol The first time I played with you a few days ago, I was like dang, this guy talks a lot. But I definitely prefer having you on my team as you know what you're doing. On Corinth last night it seemed like I'd turn around a corner and bam, Lyulf kills me. Then JardeL takes me out from the top of the bridge.

Our team was just not working together well at all on Corinth. Part of it was that our tacticians weren't doing that great and we weren't communicating enough. I went tactician to try to get better spawn points but I'll admit I'm not the best tactician and only play it if the other tacticians are doing a really poor job. I prefer engineer or saboteur.

:lol Since I play tactician a lot I talk a ton, but I'm just a talkative guy :lol Tactician does take practice though. A lot of the times I'm running to a spot back words so I can get a spawn point up. Once you play enough games as a tactician you get better at placing spawns.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Unexpected good show by KZ2 in Japan

Famitsu Top Ten 4/20-4/26

1. WII Monster Hunter G (Capcom)
2. NDS Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon (Nintendo)
3. PS3 Killzone 2 (SCEJ)
4. PSP Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 (Irem Software Engineering)
5. PSP Monster Hunter Portable 2G (Capcom)
6. 360 Death Smiles (Cave)
7. NDS Mario & Luigi RPG3!!! (Nintendo)
8. PSP Sengoku Basara Battle Heroes (Capcom)
9. WII Wii Fit (Nintendo)
10. NDS A Ressha de Gyoukou DS (Artdink)

http://www.famitsu.com/game/rank/sokuho/1223906_1796.html

Wonder if it affected HW sales as well.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Killzone.com updated

http://www.killzone.com/kz/news.psml?kz_news_article=Killzone.com+updated+with+new+features

Battle Replay Save & Load
That's right, now you can save replays of your favorite matches to your own computer and load them back into the Battle Replay application whenever you want! Simply click "Save Match" to export the match data to an XML file on your computer, or "Load Match" to upload a previously saved XML file to the website.

Hardcore Rank Support
Patch v1.24 added three additional ranks to the top-end of the rankings ladder: Brigade General, General of the Army and Commander in Chief. Known collectively as Hardcore Ranks, these will now show up on your military ranks progression chart.

User Tournaments
Create your own tournaments on Killzone.com, straight from the Tournaments section! Okay, so this one isn't really a new feature - we misjudged how popular it would be when we first launched it, and had to re-tune it a little to meet the demand. Now it's back and ready for action!

And more...
Of course, this Killzone.com update features a lot of "under the hood" fixes as well - caching has been optimized, support for the upcoming DLC has been added, and lots of little bugs have been fixed. We'll be adding improvements and new features to the site for a long time to come, so have a browse and let us know what you think via the official forums.

Sorry if old.

Cagen

dazed808 said:
Glad you noticed my Tact skills as I was a little disheartened after games earlier in the evening with my fellow GAFe teammates, their lack of belief in me was starting to shake my confidence a bit.
yes, i'm looking at you Cagen:lol

:lol I'll never live this down. I wasn't meaning you were bad but I wasn't expecting a lone player to navigate their way through the enemies whole defense, including 3 turrets guarding the capture point. I had already died trying to do it so knew what you were up against but sneaking round the back was a nice move.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
TheFatOne said:
:lol Since I play tactician a lot I talk a ton, but I'm just a talkative guy :lol Tactician does take practice though. A lot of the times I'm running to a spot back words so I can get a spawn point up. Once you play enough games as a tactician you get better at placing spawns.

I think I'm gonna start developing my skills in other classes (once finals are over, ugh, no kz2 at all til then). I'm pretty sure I have the killing skill down pat, but I'm gonna start trying to figure out where to best place turrets, spawn points, to snipe from on S&D maps, etc. I just hate using the shotgun, and I feel useless with the sniper rifle, as I almost alwasy feel another class would be more useful. I'm beginning to feel the medic is pretty useless as a class, though. One, most people are killed outright/finished off, so there's no rezzing them. Two, even if they ARE wounded, chances are it's too risky to you and for them (especially) to revive them. Third, the health packs, which I feel are amazing (as I've detailed before) can be used by any other class.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
icechai said:
wonder if they can figure out a way for KZ3 to get those battle replay xmls and load them up into the game and have a full on game replay... one can dream :p

KZ3? :D

RavenFox

Banned
xenorevlis said:
Someone add meeeeeeee VectorRaven. I'm really good with light machine gun.

shagg_187 said:
Dumb noobs... Why don't people know how to fucking use spawn grenades?!!!!

It's Search and Destroy and they are planting grenades on the other end of the damn map!
Sounds like we were on the same game. Last night idiots were placing spawns away form the target in Radec Academy. Me and my team were cursing hard.

Loudninja said:
Or they put them in front of your base -_-
Wish I could ban them off the game when they do this.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
user friendly said:
Yeah, it seems I don't have a profile anymore and my user name is now $userId. Give it time I guess, even though it's been 2 months since launch.

Of course. This web site has tremendous potential.

Also, I can finally delete messages in the Comms section of my profile!

Rolf NB

Random suggestion time:
*implement queues so players can properly wait in line on a full server they know they want to join as soon as a slot opens

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
bcn-ron said:
Random suggestion time:
*implement queues so players can properly wait in line on a full server they know they want to join as soon as a slot opens

I don't need to wait in line; just set up a system where it tries to join me to the server automatically every 20 seconds or so. That's all i'm askin for. I tell ya, I took a lot of these basic features for granted in the PC world.

Kittonwy

Banned
TTP said:
Unexpected good show by KZ2 in Japan

Famitsu Top Ten 4/20-4/26

1. WII Monster Hunter G (Capcom)
2. NDS Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon (Nintendo)
3. PS3 Killzone 2 (SCEJ)
4. PSP Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 (Irem Software Engineering)
5. PSP Monster Hunter Portable 2G (Capcom)
6. 360 Death Smiles (Cave)
7. NDS Mario & Luigi RPG3!!! (Nintendo)
8. PSP Sengoku Basara Battle Heroes (Capcom)
9. WII Wii Fit (Nintendo)
10. NDS A Ressha de Gyoukou DS (Artdink)

http://www.famitsu.com/game/rank/sokuho/1223906_1796.html

Wonder if it affected HW sales as well.

happysup.gif

JardeL said:

Thats funny as hell then, lol!

andycapps

TheFatOne said:

:lol It's all good man. That's the thing with this game that I think that Guerrilla nailed, is the fact that each class is relatively accessible to everyone, yet it greatly rewards when one masters each class. Scout is another that seems like will take a lot of practice to master. Whenever I do it, I end up getting an extremely low amount of kills and don't contribute much at all to helping the team win objectives. Thus I don't play that class much at all.

JardeL- So that was you that disarmed on S & D on Corinth last night? There were several of us just standing there and we were about to win, then it got disarmed. I was screaming how in the heck did that happen? Then we fortunately were able to re-arm and won the round. Pretty crazy match, but not my favorite. I'm a little rusty due to not putting much time into KZ2 the last week or so, and seemed like everyone else was a bit rusty as well.

Rolf NB

commish said:
I don't need to wait in line; just set up a system where it tries to join me to the server automatically every 20 seconds or so. That's all i'm askin for. I tell ya, I took a lot of these basic features for granted in the PC world.
It amounts to mostly the same thing, though your suggestion would mean, for any open slot, a random player gets in, while my awesome, superior, dreamlike suggestion would enforce first-come first-served.

Go queues!

Top Bottom