• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Click

Banned
Now that my analysis and complaints with the classes are over with, I’ll move onto other game design decisions that irritates and annoys me.

I really don’t understand how GG can allow players to have so much control in the game. Why the fuck did GG give players the ability to create ranked rooms with no standard, uniform set of rules and a minimum amount of player count (let’s say 8) in order for a game to be counted towards your stats/ranking? This is the biggest gripe I have with KZ2. Because GG was ignorant enough to allow players run wild, the game’s stats, points, and leaderboards mean absolutely nothing; even though GG makes such a big deal out of stats, points, leaderboards, and rank. Exploiters and stat-boosters can create rooms where they can kill a friend or alt account with multiple PS3s over and over and over. Even without bots to exploit, there are just so many ways to stat-pad and point-boost. The way KZ2 is set up, it reminds me of the massive stat-padding/exploiting problems SOCOM II had back in the day, except GG actually makes it much easier for cheaters to exploit in KZ2.

Personally, I’m not a stat-whore, but I do care about stats in the online shooters I play. I mean, other than just having fun playing the game, there’s really nothing else to do except to improve your stats. But because KZ2 is so easily exploitable, with stat-padders/selfish K/D whores that either don’t care about objectives or play Bodycount-only, stats have become meaningless and is thus, another missing feature in the game to me and other like-minded players.

Letting the playerbase have so much control in creating rooms causes more problems other than stat-padding/cheating/exploiting and meaningless stats. You get people that create rooms with retarded set of rules or ridiculous time limits in game modes. For example, they can make a room that has a really short or long explosion timer in S&D, or an extremely long Assassination defend timer, or a crazy large amount of points required to win C&H. At some point, games where extreme changes are made to default settings, become boring and ridiculous. Combine that with the crappy game search filter and game details in KZ2 (which I’ll get into a bit more later on), finding a good room to play in becomes a frustrating test of patience and a big time-waster.

Having the freedom to create rooms in which the players can play the game however we want to play is a good thing. I know the reasons why GG decided to give players so much freedom and think it’s perfectly fine to allow such freedom in this game. However, they should have done what many, many other shooters before it has done: Create an UNRANKED, CUSTOM game section and a RANKED section that has a uniform set of rules and settings which GG decides is “just right” for everyone to play with. That way, people can still play the game the way they want to play in unranked, custom rooms while allowing players (like me) who actually care about stats, to compare and contrast ourselves via legitimate stats.

I mentioned KZ2’s crappy game search feature before. For a game that has no party system and no matchmaking system (it does have “quick search,” but doesn’t work too well), the game search function needs to be VERY detailed, but it’s not. There simply aren’t enough filters or details available when looking for rooms to play in. All players are left with is a very broad set of filters where the search results are filled with rooms that shows it’s not filled, but once you try to enter, it says it’s already packed. This happens more often than not, and is another time-wasting aspect in KZ2. The map filter doesn’t work as it should. It searches for rooms that have the map of your choice as the ONLY map available to play, not the one being played at the moment. The server filter is crap. It’s either “my region” or “worldwide,” even though US, AUS, JP, EU are server options. I’m not exactly in favor of region locking the servers, but KZ2 already has problems with lag and connection stability with players from the same region. These issues are exacerbated greatly when players from different regions play together.

Even if the room title (which is too short IMO) claims the room MIGHT be satisfactory, it may still turn out to be a crappy room. The only way to find out if it’s really an acceptable room, is to join, wait 30-60 seconds for everything to load and sync, then check to see if the basic options, timers, allow/banned classes and weapons are suitable. Even after all of that, the problem still exists in that players have no clue what the detailed game settings for each game mode are, until after they’ve played one complete game in that room. If the room turns out to be shit, repeat this lengthy and annoying process until you've finally found a good room to play in. If this game had a good, detailed room search function, I would actually create rooms all the time. But as of now, creating rooms is pointless because it takes 20+ minutes to never for rooms to fill up.

Another major issue is the “faction balancing” in the game. With it turned on, public games do become more competitive, but this restricts clans and friends from playing with each other, because there’s no party system. With it turned off, most games become lop-sided affairs, with one team dominating the other, resulting with the dominated team’s players quitting. To make matters worse, the game has no limit to the amount of players allowed on one side of the team, so new players that join the game tend to join the team that already has tons of players because they don’t want to be on an outnumbered, possibly losing team, getting spawn camped. It is beyond moronic for GG to not include a player count limit for each team, even if “faction balancing” is turned off. 18 vs. 2 sounds like a GREAT idea, GG! If you’re going to go with the custom games route, at least implement it like SOCOM Confrontation has. If it’s a 2v2 game, 2 max on each side. 4v4, 4 max on each side. 8v8, 8 max on each side, etc. It’s basic common sense in game design. But with GG, it’s just another game-breaking, amateur mistake / exclusion.

OK, so KZ2 has a crappy game search feature, unbalanced teams, no party system, no matchmaking, no uniform set of rules/settings for ranked games, and a majority of the playerbase having little skill and intelligence (I know, this game is still new and only 2 months old). What makes KZ2 fun and exciting? I’d have to say playing with and against other good players and clans (owning n00bies can be fun too but it gets boring after a while). But of course, there are major flaws in the whole clan world of KZ2.

First off, the tournament search function is clunky and takes forever to sort through. Finding a good tournament to join is just as frustrating and time-consuming as trying to find a good room to play in, maybe worse. You have to scroll through all the filled up tournaments one at a time, one page at a time… which is pointless because if you can’t sign up for them, then why the fuck do they show up first on the tournament search pages? OK, so you sort through all that crap and you get to games you think your clan might be interested in joining. God forbid you make a mistake and sign up for a game that you don’t want to play in, conflicts with other tournament / clan match times, or later want to retract because you found a better tournament game. Guess what? There's no option to cancel / retract games that your clan has signed up for. That means your clan is stuck having to play multiple tournament games at the same or at around the same time. Your clan is forced to take a loss for a no-show or play with an undermanned team. It would be great if clans can retract a sign up until the hour before the tournament begins, but of course, that’s not an option in KZ2.

What is the reasoning behind the decision to not allow clan members to rejoin a clan match if they were disconnected during the game? It just doesn’t make any sense. GAFA lost 4-3 during the match against those O P A shit-talking bitches (I actually never heard of their shitty forum before the night we played against them, lol) because 2 of our members got disconnected at around the same time during a crucial time in the middle of the match. They couldn’t get back in so we ended up losing to those retards. Then in a clan match a week or two ago, GAFA ended up tying Euro GAF because I disconnected and couldn’t get back in (no, I didn’t quit like a few of you fuckers claimed). We were already down a player or two to begin the match. With me being the only Tactician, when I D/C’d, our team was supposedly left without a Tactician for the rest of the match… even though immediately after I disconnected, I messaged Kittonwy, telling him I D/C’d and to switch to Tactician. Anyway, these are just 2 examples of well-played, close games where GG’s dumb decision to not allow players back into games in which they D/C’d, have resulted in bad outcomes for me and my team.

Exploiting clans are becoming more and more prevalent these days. I’m sure most people here already know what happens because it’s happened to both GAF clans already. But in case you haven’t personally experienced it, let me just tell you how utterly cheap and retarded this practice is... You think you’re having a good, competitive game against a clan, but then all of the sudden, they get the lead on your team in Bodycount, everything gets quiet, you and your team is left wondering… “where are they camping?” Then you look up at the score and quickly realize they have a slight lead on your team and have either committed suicide or simply didn’t respawn when they died. So you wait the few minutes it takes to lose BC. I won’t even describe S&R exploiting because it’s probably your team’s fault if you let them score first, get the speaker again, and run it back to their base to camp it out. Yeah, it’s still a cheap tactic and I consider it exploiting the game mechanics, but it’s not nearly as bad or easy to accomplish as the BC exploit. I guess if they want to be really cheesy in S&R, they can just take the speaker and draw out S&R in a close game where they’re already winning. It may be harder to exploit S&R, but not that much harder. With so many clans exploiting, I have given up playing in random clan tournaments or clan challenges. It is also one of the reasons why I quit GAFA (not the main reason though) and am clanless still.

I don’t really blame GG for not catching these game design exploits during their beta phases, but I do blame them for not fixing them ASAP and not having said anything about them planning to fix these problems ASAP. It would be relatively easy to fix these exploits. FOR CLAN MATCHES ONLY, simply force respawn in Bodycount after 10 seconds or so and also count a suicide in BC as a point for the other team or minus a point for your team. Sure, cheesy fuckers can still respawn in their base and camp in there with their turrets, but at least this way, there’s a CHANCE to come back and win BC. As of now, you have NO CHANCE to win if the opposing team gets even a 1 kill lead and decides to exploit BC. As for S&R, make it so that the speaker automatically respawns as soon as it reaches the carrier’s base. On a map like Radec Academy, where the speaker is underground and is so close to the base, tough shit. You don’t NEED to take it through your base. There is another route out of the tunnels.

Glitches and game freezes are more problems with the game. I’m glad GG is finally fixing some of the out-of-map glitches but they haven’t caught/fixed all of them yet. Game freezes have become less common since they fixed the Saboteur glitch that crashed entire rooms. But I’ve been noticing the game is freezing more often recently, after the latest patch…. specifically when trying to join certain rooms. The game completely freezes the PS3 when at around the “syncing clients” screen. I estimate that I’ve had 30+ freezes during the 2 months I’ve been playing KZ2. The sound glitches are also happening more frequently for some reason. Not sure if it’s just me and my PS3, but KZ2 occasionally has sound drop offs, static-filled sound, missing sound effects, or complete game silence. I know it’s also happened to some people on the official KZ.com forums. I do have to say, though, the sound effects in KZ2 is very good. But that’s kind of expected in such a high caliber game with such high production value.

Speaking of sound, the voice chat is decent at best. No HQ mode/function for the official PS3 headset (I hate having to listen to background noises), proximity chat isn’t really proximity-based like SOCOM Confrontation (where the volume of the voice fades or increases depending on your range to the players around you), no ability to mute everyone, and no multi-squad chat option (meaning you’re stuck with communicating with only your squad of ~4 teammates, not your whole team, making inter-squad / team-wide coordination impossible). At least GG allows for in-game muting, even if it’s on an individual basis.

Lag and framerate issues have plagued KZ2 since it launched. Why in the world did GG/SCE not provide dedicated servers for KZ2… supposedly their flagship FPS title, in development for ~4 years? Peer to peer? Really GG/SCE? What kind of fucking drugs were they on when they made this genius decision? It’s inexcusable for them not to provide stable, dedicated servers for their premier 1st party games, specifically KZ2. Due to the lack of dedicated servers, this game is plagued with constant double kills, dying all the time behind cover/walls/solid objects, certain players taking more than normal damage to kill, and players skipping/warping all over the screen (although sometimes these are lag switch users).

The framerate drop is so bad; at times, KZ2 is barely playable. Sometimes (too often) it looks and feels like I’m playing a damn slideshow. It’s completely unacceptable for modern-day shooters to have such a crappy framerate. I understand that there is tons of shit going on and the crazy amount of data the PS3 has to compute, especially within a clusterfuck, but GG should have tested this game in worst-case scenarios to see if the game can run at a relatively smooth and stable framerate or if they had to make some concessions. But no… what we get is a player limit of 32 players for ALL maps, even if most maps in this game (minus Pyrrhus, Salamun, and maybe Helghan Industries) can hardly handle 24 players, let alone 32. I suppose GG knew that they couldn’t limit player count to each specific map mainly because of the flawed and ancient player-created game system they decided to implement with lack of matchmaking system, and also because this game shipped with such a low amount of maps.

For the most part, I really like most of the maps in this game… even though most maps have an advantage when playing on the ISA side, with Helghast side having only a few advantages on a few maps. I like the fact that there’s multiple entry and exit points on most maps, giving campers less of an unfair advantage than they would have in most other online shooters. Granted, I dislike the fact that shotgun users have such a big advantage on most maps and hate getting caught on various objects littered all over the place on shitty, cramped maps like Blood Gracht, but for the most part, maps are well-designed in this game. The main gripe I have regarding maps is that 8 maps isn’t enough (especially because Blood Gracht is such garbage).

In case you’re wondering, I probably won’t buy the DLC map packs due to principle, not the $6. GG/SCE should have made the first 2 map packs free, due to the low amount of maps available on the disc. I’d have no problem paying for an expansion or a map pack with 4+ maps if the game already came with a healthy amount of maps. But it didn’t, so I most likely won’t support GG/SCE’s “nickel and diming” ways. It’s going to be interesting to see how much the KZ2 community will suffer and how badly it will be divided as a result of this decision. A consistently declining playerbase being divided 2 months after the game’s release is a very stupid thing to allow to happen on GG/SCE’s part.

What’s the deal with the 3 new ranks? I know that GG threw them into the game to keep people playing (grinding) the game longer, so they don’t go back to playing CoD 4/5, R2, SOCOM, whatever game they were playing before. But what the fuck is the logic in skipping from 5,000 and 10,000 XP all the way up to 100,000 XP? Really GG? 90k XP jump from the 2nd highest rank to the highest rank? Man, those drugs in Amsterdam must be amazing, eh? 5k & 10k XP is NOT at all “hardcore.” 100k XP is most definitely a “hardcore” milestone most players will never reach and if they do reach it, it will take months and months of (Bodycount) grinding.

See, logical people would probably do something like 25k, 50k, and then maybe 100k. But it’s clear to me that GG is simply an illogical development team lacking basic common sense. Too bad they were too lazy / busy to program in new classes, weapons, ANYTHING to go along with these new, “hardcore” ranks. Maybe it’s a good thing there are no new classes and weapons to go along with the new ranks, given the fact that the existing classes and weapons need so much work. But character customization or something like that would have been nice. Thanks GG. 2 yellow bars next to my stars was exactly what we wanted to keep playing this extremely flawed game!

With so many flaws, game design mistakes, and exclusions in KZ2, what has kept me playing the game for so many hours? Why do I put up with so many glaring problems and still play? The obvious answer is the graphics, art style, and game engine/tech. But most importantly, even with all the shitty, amateur issues plaguing the game, online MP is still a very fun and adrenaline-filled gaming experience when playing in a good room and/or playing with/against good players. The game is very rewarding and intense when playing with and against other skilled players that know what they’re doing and how to actually play the game.

The controls are great once I got used them. While other shooters may feel more precise and responsive, KZ2’s controls really fits the game and I love how for the first time in my console FPS gaming experience, I can actually feel the weight of the guns I’m shooting.

To sum everything up, I just wish that KZ2 didn’t have so many flaws (some game-breaking) and missing features. I wish GG didn’t make exploiting, cheating, stat-padding, etc. so easy to accomplish in KZ2. I wish that the game launched with A LOT more maps. This game had so much potential to become a true classic and one of the best online shooters ever, but because there are so many amateurs at GG making terrible game design decisions, it’s only an above average FPS that can be very fun and provides tons of eye candy. Thus far, KZ2 fails to be a truly amazing FPS and in the end, without quick, proper, and massive amounts of patches coming VERY soon, this game’s online community will be dead as soon as the next new FPS hits.

Thanks for reading my 3 month’s worth of KZ2 opinions, rants, review, etc. all in 1 (actually 2) post(s). :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Lince said:
Querido amigo y compatriota Fersis... la furia española sigue latente, espera a ver mi reacción cuando pruebe los nuevos mapas. ¡ Tiembla GAF ! :lol

edit: I just noticed next reply is post #25000 !
:lol
Vamos a ver que pasa... yo sigo lejos del Killson dos , los spawn points son muy frustrantes para mi :/

Click said:
Shut the fuck you 2 bitches and get ready for my triumphant return to GAF!
This time dont post on political threads!!!

@__@ at Click epic post.
Lots of 'stealth' praise to Socom on your post :lol
If i remember correctly the PSN comment of Click is :'ExploitZone 2'

Lince

Banned
God bless you Click, true and experienced gamers like you and TTP (to name a few) should be hired by these amateurs devs to make good multiplayer games actually GOOD.

Click said:
Fucking fuck! You messed up my master plan with this damn post!!! ><

perdón :/

Click

Banned
Fersis said:
This time dont post on political threads!!!

>.>
PoliGAF and all the liberals can go screw themelves...

Fersis said:
@__@ at Click epic post.
Lots of 'stealth' praise to Socom on your post :lol

Damn you read fast, lol.
And that's because SOCOM has been and is still one of my favorite all-time online shooters.
All the SOCOM (Confrontation) haters can go fuck themselves with a knife.

In all honesty, Confrontation is a better game NOW (after all the patches) than KZ2 is. However, I have fun in both games and I got sick of playing Confrontation's maps over and over and over. Kind of the same thing is happening with KZ2 now. Plus, I can't play 2 shooters at the same time and do well in both. Just not my "thing." I'll probably go back to Confrontation soon.

Fersis said:
If i remember correctly the PSN comment of Click is :'ExploitZone 2'

Just "ExploitZone"
It's also been my signature for quite a while on the official forums.

Click pretty much nailed it. KZ2 is fantastic. I still can't believe how good it looks and the campaign is a blast. MP has the potential to be great but lack of basics features holds it back.

Does anyone else think that Rico is voiced by this guy?

16azh9k.jpg

andycapps

Holy crap, Click. Read every word of those two epic posts.. Can't say I disagree at all with you, but I may not have been as harsh as you were. Enjoyable game? Very much so, the fact we're all still playing it is testament to that. But it does have some major issues, and I think you spelled them out very well.

You going to be posting this on the PS boards? I know Tempy and tiddles (sp?) are here, but I don't know if they handle this sort of thing as far as balancing and bug fixing.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Damn Click that was awesome. Almost had an erection. Almost.

Post that on the US Boards (there is a dedicated Killzone 2 board there). That's the only board devs read apparently. Seb always posts there about news and stuff never bothering with the killzone.com one.

andycapps

TTP said:
Post that on the US Boards (there is a dedicated Killzone 2 board there). That's the only board devs read apparently. Seb always posts there about news and stuff never bothering with the killzone.com one.

Yep, you posting it here is fine for us, but you're preaching to the choir. The person (from what I know) that has some power to make things happen or can at least say yes or no is MotherH on the KZ2 forums.

Submliminal message is for Tempy and Tiddles to send those posts from Click to the powers that be at GG. kthxbye

test_account

XP-39C²
A bit funny coincidence, last night i reached 25,000 mission points in Killzone 2, and earlier today this Killzone 2 thread reached 25,000 posts :)

Also, maybe this has already been mentioned here, but the online leaderboard in-game in Killzone 2 has now reached over 1 million usernames :)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
LALILULELO said:
We (GG) always read stuff here and we know there are still things we want to iron out.
Constructive comments are always taken serious.

Ah! The bait worked! :D

Good to know you are still out there watching us bitching.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
LALILULELO said:
We (GG) always read stuff here and we know there are still things we want to iron out.
*Hugs LALILULELO*
Your username + avatar combo wins you an extra hug:
*Hugs LALILULELO*

Fersis

TTP said:
Ah! The bait worked! :D

Good to know you are still out there watching us bitching.
Tough you guys must understand that fixes and changes take a while to develop,implement and test. So there is no point of posting 100 times in one week how much the spawn system sucks... (Fersis im looking at you):lol

Firewire

Banned
TTP said:
Yep. In Europe is out. Just finished installing both that and Cops and Robbers.

Impressions on the maps would be nice when you get a chance! :)

I have to wait another 7-8 hours here. :(

PS: How big is the map pack?

Click

Banned
This is why I bothered to write out my essay and post it here on GAF.
Because I knew that GAF'fers have a lot more intelligence, patience, and testicular fortitude to read something so lengthy and detailed. I've been trying to work some magic in the official KZ.com forums for 3 months now, but most of the people there are retards, just like they are in-game, so I've pretty much given up there. Maybe that's why Seb doesn't even bother to post there and prefers to post on the official PS forums instead.

As for posting on the official PS forums, my accounts are all screwed up there ever since they reformatted their forums and changed up all the user accounts. For some reason, I don't bother to post there anymore and haven't done so since my Warhawk beta days. Also, I PM'd the head mod, trying to get the "Click" username instead of the "Click33" one I have now. But he said he couldn't give that name to me because it's policy or something. Some douche bag registered it back in 2000 or something but has never logged on since 2000 and has never posted... >.>

LALILULELO said:

I hope you really are a GG employee. And I really, really hope you're a GG employee that has some sort of decision-making power there.

I really do appreciate the work GG has done with KZ2 and I do appreciate them trying to patch this game up, but like I've said so many times above, the game has way too many amateur flaws / exclusions to be truly great and it's far from being near-perfection most gamers were expecting.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Firewire said:
Impressions on the maps would be nice when you get a chance! :)

I have to wait another 7-8 hours here. :(

PS: How big is the map pack?

144MB. Just put that on BG downloading with the PS3 set to auto shutdown upon finishing. Working now so I don't have time to properly check the stuff.

Edit: I might actually check the train quickly. Fuck work.

alba

Little is the new Big
No CC means I can't buy the mappack and since SCEE are morons and won't release PSN cards in europe, I'm basically screwed... should've imported the US version I guess :(

*sadmonkeeface*

Firewire

Banned
TTP said:
144MB. Just put that on BG downloading with the PS3 set to auto shutdown upon finishing. Working now so I don't have time to properly check the stuff.

Edit: I might actually check the train quickly. Fuck work.

:lol

Thanks for the info, I look forward to your impressions on the maps whenever you get a chance to play them! :)

andycapps

alba said:
No CC means I can't buy the mappack and since SCEE are morons and won't release PSN cards in europe, I'm basically screwed... should've imported the US version I guess :(

*sadmonkeeface*

Do they not have Visa gift cards in Yurop?

KZObsessed

So how do I search for games which contain the new maps? Oh that's right I can't!

You used to be able to search for games which have one of the maps in the rotation, but now you can only search for games which have ONLY a specified map.

Guerrilla have actually REDUCED the amount of search features you have since launch when it desperately needs more.

FFObsessed said:
So how do I search for games which contain the new maps? Oh that's right I can't!

You used to be able to search for games which have one of the maps in the rotation, but now you can only search for games which have ONLY a specified map.

Guerrilla have actually REDUCED the amount of search features you have since launch when it desperately needs more.

Less is more!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
ok some quick notes

- looks and sounds awesome (no shit)

- there are 4 pillars passing between trains in quick succession every 10 secs. They each make a wooshing sound effect clearly audible from a distance so it's easy to know when they have come and gone even if you are not looking at them.

- on the top there are two "things" attempting to decapitate you coming about 1 sec one after the other. Then there is a 10 secs gap till next couple of things arrive. You are safe when crouching. They fly above your head.

- controller rumbles subtly when in proximity of passing by environmental hazards.

- jumping between trains is easy but there is no "acrobatic" jumping animation going on as seen in the trailer (liars!). I've watched some teammates jumping to check this out from the outside and they simply do that usual "rabbit" animation thing.

Kogepan

Yeh, assault-class is almost game breaking. 2x health (plus regen) + Speed + Rockets? Seriously WTF...

Also the reload time for rockets is ridiculously fast. If they would increase the reload times that would curb alot of the 'clusterfucks'.

Still, even with these headscratching design choices, KZ is still my FPS of choice.

Firewire

Banned
TTP said:
ok some quick notes

- looks and sounds awesome (no shit)

- there are 4 pillars passing between trains in quick succession every 10 secs. They each make a wooshing sound effect clearly audible from a distance so it's easy to know when they have come and gone even if you are not looking at them.

- on the top there are two "things" attempting to decapitate you coming about 1 sec one after the other. Then there is a 10 secs gap till next couple of things arrive. You are safe when crouching. They fly above your head.

- controller rumbles subtly when in proximity of passing buy environmental hazards.

- jumping between trains is easy but there is no "acrobatic" jumping animation going on as seen in the trailer (liars!). I've watched some teammates jumping to check this out from the outside and they simply do that usual "rabbit" animation thing.

Sounds cool! Whats your impression on the map size, does it feel very small?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
FFObsessed said:

U can search for ANY, KILLZONE 2 ORIGINALS and for every single map (old and new). I don't get what option you are asking for.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Firewire said:
Sounds cool! Whats your impression on the map size, does it feel very small?

Quite small yes. Kinda like two more linear/shorter Corinth Crossing side by side.

Pallaris

Not sure if it’s just me and my PS3, but KZ2 occasionally has sound drop offs, static-filled sound, missing sound effects, or complete game silence. I know it’s also happened to some people on the official KZ.com forums. I do have to say, though, the sound effects in KZ2 is very good. But that’s kind of expected in such a high caliber game with such high production value.

I've mentioned this before, yup it's happened to me as well.

Pretty much agree with everything you've posted also.

And just to reiterate, framerate in 32 player matches is dumb. In fact I really dont think the map designs propperly support that sort of player count. Most of them are far too small for that. I've always stuck to 12-16 matches. Framerate in those is fine.

Click

Banned
TTP said:
U can search for ANY, KILLZONE 2 ORIGINALS and for every single map (old and new). I don't get what option you are asking for.

Please refer to part 2, paragraph 5 of my posts above. :D

Arnie

Click said:
And that's because SOCOM has been and is still one of my favorite all-time online shooters.
All the SOCOM (Confrontation) haters can go fuck themselves with a knife.

In all honesty, Confrontation is a better game NOW (after all the patches) than KZ2 is. However, I have fun in both games and I got sick of playing Confrontation's maps over and over and over. Kind of the same thing is happening with KZ2 now. Plus, I can't play 2 shooters at the same time and do well in both. Just not my "thing." I'll probably go back to Confrontation soon.

Best thing I have read on GAF all day. Seriously any multiplayer shooter fans with a PS3 should give SOCOM a go, it is genuinely fun. Have fun with the new maps guys.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Click said:
Please refer to part 2, paragraph 5 of my posts above. :D

Well, DLC can hardly add new search features. I don't get what was "reduced". It's the same as before, with new maps added to the list.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
TTP said:

The jumping animation is only for the bots.

KZObsessed

TTP said:

You can search for games which ONLY have one of those maps in the rotation. Notice how it comes up NO GAMES FOUND whenever you search for a specific map. Not many ppl set up games with one map...

You used to be able to search for games with one specific map within a rotation of many, but they removed that feature a while a go. Am I only the only one who fucking noticed?

Click

Banned
Kuroyume said:
If you're not a stats whore then what's the point of complaining about the stats implementation?

Because like I said, I care about stats in online shooters and because there's nothing else to do in the game for "hardcore" players like other than having fun playing the game.

Being a stat-whore means not caring about winning the match, not caring about achieving objectives, only caring about having a high K/D ratio, and camping like a bitch 24/7.
None of the above describes me, so no, I'm not a stat-whore. Thanks for asking though.

Is there any weapon that in the real world would use 7.62mm , 5.56mm or 9mm ammo that players of online shooters don't think are overpowered ?

They really need to make a gentlemans dueling online shooter so as not to hurt players feelings. I can announce myself to you, as to not startle you, we can match weapons, square off, pace, turn and fire! :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
FFObsessed said:
You can search for games which ONLY have one of those maps in the rotation. Notice how it comes up NO GAMES FOUND whenever you search for a specific map. Not many ppl set up games with one map...

You used to be able to search for games with one specific map within a rotation of many, but they removed that feature a while a go. Am I only the only one who fucking noticed?

Oh they did that? Never noticed as I simply join via friends/clan members list. But u made it sound like it was something that got magically removed NOW, with this DLC.

KZObsessed

TTP said:
Well, DLC can hardly add new search features. I don't get what was "reduced". It's the same as before, with new maps added to the list.

You didn't notice that they reduced the search features a while a go?

You used to be able to search for games which included body count mode. Now you can only search for games which ONLY have body count mode.

Same with maps. They took off a search option a while a go and I posted and wondered why they did that. So how am I supposed to search for games which have the new maps in the rotation? The map search feature they have now wont do that. I can only search for games which have ONE map in the rotation and only one map.

Top Bottom