• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Dirtbag said:
Why do people want S&D removed from hardcore mode?
I thought this was the first time the game-mode actually played well.

Perhaps we should just remove PR? I love S&D in Salamun Market.

Also, definitely need to up the kills on body count.

Yeah it ends up pretty quickly.

JB1981

Well, shit .. should have figured that. I thought maybe there was some other visual indicator I was missing.

Hardcore mode can SUCK for the squad leader though. If you die, and you are not playing something like Cap and Hold you will always spawn back at base and thus begins your long trek back to the battle field.

Zen

Banned
Dirtbag said:
when you see someone spawn on a lone character....

That's easier said than done in the middle of a big fire fight, especially if the other team is squadded up almost completely. It would be useful if the Squad leader had some sort of tell.

Yeah I kept going after the squad leaders, although this wasn't a good thing when I was one too :lol

Oh and JB, yes, I'm American. But it wasn't just GAFe people I was having problems with. I also noticed really long delays in the SP campaign. Maybe my PS3 has simply been left on too long and the 500GB HDD needs to cool off.

If the problem persists, I'll have to delete the game data again.

dazed808

CrushDance said:
nevermind the fact that Lince and FFObsessed were both whispering and laughing everytime they died or fired at someone else. Totally threw me off my game :(

Having those 2 in your squad makes it near-on impossible to concentrate when you have their random madness in your ear the whole game:lol
The hardcore games i've played so far have been great fun, though it's made me realise how much i've been whoring the SMG, shit, I suck with the rifle i'm so outta practice with it.

KZObsessed

JB1981 said:
Are you American? Took me ages to put down the Euros, like at least another half a clip .....

Same on our end. Get out of EU servers and hands off our women!
angry.gif

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
FFObsessed said:
I enjoyed the PR game :(

TTP's epic S&R delivery will be sung about for years to come!

U mean the one in HGH Industries? I couldn't believe that myself :lol
Delivered it exactly as the timer reached 0. :lol

KZObsessed

TTP said:
U mean the one in HGH Industries? I couldn't believe that myself :lol
Delivered it exactly when the timer reached 0. :lol

oh shit didn't see that one.

I was actually referring to PR. We had about 4-5 guys trying to get it the last yard to the delivery point, we all died. Then you spring out of nowhere, pick it up and deliver! That's what won us the game as we had won 4 rounds then.

oneHeero

Dirtbag said:
Why do people want S&D removed from hardcore mode?
I thought this was the first time the game-mode actually played well.

Also, definitely need to up the kills on body count.

No, there is no free-for-all anything.
I think if you remove S&D than you can add tactician. S&D is the only type of games that are clusterfucks and most maps suck for SD due to placement. So PR and so on are huge maps having a tactician in the game would work if S&D is not there. Increase time limits of modes and since the perks are all gone, tact/soldier/medic would all work really well.

Dont know if it would be better than what we have but its worth a shot.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
oneHeero said:
I think if you remove S&D than you can add tactician. S&D is the only type of games that are clusterfucks and most maps suck for SD due to placement. So PR and so on are huge maps having a tactician in the game would work if S&D is not there. Increase time limits of modes and since the perks are all gone, tact/soldier/medic would all work really well.

Dont know if it would be better than what we have but its worth a shot.

I'm trying to avoid respawns as much as possible with this mode. Two spawn points plus squad leader affects how you approach combat. I want people to be afraid of dieing as much as possible. *evil grin*

I'm not sure about removing S&D yet. I do like it in most maps. I think we should just remove PR from the rotation.

oneHeero

TTP said:
I'm trying to avoid respawns as much as possible with this mode. Two spawn points plus squad leader affects how you approach combat. I want people to be afraid of dieing as much as possible. *evil grin*

I'm not sure about removing S&D yet. I do like it in most maps. I think we should just remove PR from the rotation.
Yup the more I think about it the more I agree. Just take out PR, although I love PR :(.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TTP could you post your hardcore game settings ?

Lince

Banned
God bless TTP for he fixed Killzone 2, I know some guys are missing their turrets and mounted gun abilities (hi Jardel!) but I'm pretty confident we can work something out together to keep the game fair and fresh for everyone, not so sure about the sniper thing though.

and yes, we're always talking/whispering/taunting and laughing at GAFe, that's why we keep coming back from more every day, we're not bots (except for our tk bot Negaiido). I feel bad Cagen and Raist missed these games, they've been pretty disappointed with the game lately.

edit: I love PR with these settings, I know there are some balance problems but I just love it :'(

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im replaying Killzone 2 single player campaign ....
im enjoying it more than the first time!!!
And yes it has the best tech i saw on a console game.

KZObsessed

I reckon my testicles could take a full on shotgun blast and remain in tact, thank you very much.

I HATE YOUR SHOTGUN :p

And your M4 for that matter. Neg always takes me out with a shotty as well. grrr

10dollas

Banned
But hey, here is a thought. Wouldn't repair balance out the imbalance hardcore mode creates with S&D? The advantage of very near spawns of the besieged team would be offset by the advantage of the mountable turrets of the sieging team. Plus the mountable turrets were never more fun than before when no one had snipers unlocked :D. Dude be reigning death and there was not a thing that could be done about it. Oh that was such a wonderful feeling. And then snipers entered the scene and trampled all over the fun with their damn headshots.

Fersis

10dollas said:
But hey, here is a thought. Wouldn't repair balance at the imbalance hardcore mode creates with S&D? The advantage of very near spawns of the besieged team would be offset by the advantage of the mountable turrets of the sieging team. Plus the mountable turrets were never more fun than before when no one had snipers unlocked :D. Dude be reigning death and there was not a thing that could be done about it. Oh that was such a wonderful feeling. And then snipers entered the scene and stamped out the fun with their damn headshots.
No spawns! kthxbye

JB1981

Facism said:
especially that Live_Feed guy. He sounds like a stud and hero.

Are you Live_Feed? You did seem like a pretty cool dude. I didn't have my headset one because I was testing out my headphones. I played with you on Corinth Crossing, you kept saying "Beamber stay alive. Beamber, stay alive!" :lol

Cagen

Lince said:
and yes, we're always talking/whispering/taunting and laughing at GAFe, that's why we keep coming back from more every day, we're not bots (except for our tk bot Negaiido). I feel bad Cagen and Raist missed these games, they've been pretty disappointed with the game lately.

<3

I feel worse that I missed another whispering session :lol. Sounds like you guys had a pretty fun time tonight and I'll join the next one for sure.

So i finally got my internet back today, joined beambers hardcore game. Really fun for awhile when everyone was playing right. But then people started discovering he forgot to turn of rocket launchers and it turned into madness. I had to get off for a bit, way too frustrating. If you guys are trying to make some sort of tactical mode... really just medics and saboteurs should be allowed.

I just jumped in a titanium and steel server to check out the maps, they are jaw dropping!!! I actually only saw the one thats in the cruiser, not the train level. I would really like to play those with the gaf clan. Its a little daunting though because I know all the other maps so well. I had no idea where i was running.

Dementia

FFObsessed said:
I enjoyed the PR game :(

TTP's epic S&R delivery will be sung about for years to come!
That PR match sucked ass. You euros, especially Lince, had some sort of headshot autoaim shindig going on even from halfway across the damn map. :mad:

TheFatOne

TrAcEr_x90 said:
So i finally got my internet back today, joined beambers hardcore game. Really fun for awhile when everyone was playing right. But then people started discovering he forgot to turn of rocket launchers and it turned into madness. I had to get off for a bit, way too frustrating. If you guys are trying to make some sort of tactical mode... really just medics and saboteurs should be allowed.

I just jumped in a titanium and steel server to check out the maps, they are jaw dropping!!! I actually only saw the one thats in the cruiser, not the train level. I would really like to play those with the gaf clan. Its a little daunting though because I know all the other maps so well. I had no idea where i was running.

Only one person in that game used rockets >.<

10dollas said:
Would just like to reemphasize how great of additions these two new maps are. Not many games have as quality maps as Killzone.

Seriously. I feel so badass jumping between the moving trains and not looking for the barrier trying to smash me :lol Ofcourse when I do see a barrier, i stop like a pedastrian crossing the street :lol

I've been the new maps only a couple of times or so and I'm loving the sense of recognition. Never in my life have I downloaded maps that have delivered as much as these two have.

Zen

Banned
I have no hope of makiing it into the top 1 percent this week I'm at 11 523 out of 193 723, I need to be within 1937... seriously.

I have no idea how some players have 31k for the week. I top 100 experience points on a good round of Warzone.

Click

Banned
Zen said:
I have no hope of makiing it into the top 1 percent this week I'm at 11 523 out of 193 723, I need to be within 1937... seriously.

I have no idea how some players have 31k for the week. I top 100 experience points on a good round of Warzone.

Grind Bodycount games (30min./100kills).

10dollas

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Seriously. I feel so badass jumping between the moving trains and not looking for the barrier trying to smash me :lol Ofcourse when I do see a barrier, i stop like a pedastrian crossing the street :lol

I've been the new maps only a couple of times or so and I'm loving the sense of recognition. Never in my life have I downloaded maps that have delivered as much as these two have.

Ahh hah! So you fall into the company of those slightly oblivious people that generate a grin so large on my face as I watch them get smashed by the environment repeatedly. hehe I've figured out a surefire indication to know beforehand when the moving obstacles are heading your way. Whenever the train leaves the tunnel for a brief second--it becomes sunny-- meaning that pain is aheading your way shortly.

beast786

I cant think of any shooter in which numbers of players per map can make so much difference .

Seriously. 4v4 or 8v8 is tactical , FPS dream come true. :O

16 v 16 in these maps :/

Zen said:

Has the "new week" started yet? I'm gonna give it a shot this week....

kitch9

Banned
beast786 said:
I cant think of any shooter in which numbers of players per map can make so much difference .

Seriously. 4v4 or 8v8 is tactical , FPS dream come true. :O

16 v 16 in these maps :/

Try finding games of those sizes though...... There's fucking hundreds of 16 v 16......

*Edit* The DLC maps are the business.

Lince

Banned
Dementia said:
That PR match sucked ass. You euros, especially Lince, had some sort of headshot autoaim shindig going on even from halfway across the damn map. :mad:

yes I was lucky with some headshots, I was crouching and taking cover at the other end of the bridge and firing spaced, single shots with the rifle, not even bursts, it worked wonders as I ended that map with 71 kills 17 deaths, it was destiny ! :lol

Top Bottom