• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

ChryZ

FFObsessed said:
lol Negaiido got banned for 3 months LOOOOOOOL
1zqrnfs.png

What was it this time?

TheFatOne said:
Only one person in that game used rockets >.<

Why even bother discussing this "hardcore" mode then. Just leave the games the way they were meant to be played by guerrilla. I guess its nice to switch it up once in awhile, but not fun, when im told I need to play fair and work as at team, then just get blown up by rocket launchers and see 4 man groups of shotguns running at me. I'm down for whatever, if its just lets have some fun, then leave open all classes and lets just kill each other. whatever is fun.

Lince

Banned
TrAcEr_x90 said:
Why even bother discussing this "hardcore" mode then. Just leave the games the way they were meant to be played by guerrilla. I guess its nice to switch it up once in awhile, but not fun, when im told I need to play fair and work as at team, then just get blown up by rocket launchers and see 4 man groups of shotguns running at me. I'm down for whatever, if its just lets have some fun, then leave open all classes and lets just kill each other. whatever is fun.

you're playing the wrong Hardcore games, look for the Origianl TTP Seal of Quality next time.

I was gone for 3 months (any guesses?), so I'm REALLY late to the party, but I still haven't beaten SP. MP has kept me busy, yet the excitement is starting to wear down. Not to brag, but I think it may be because there isn't much challenge when I'm coming in first place all the time (whether team wins or lose) .

Maybe I need to experiment with a new class since I'm always a saboteur? I mean all I do, for example in Radec, is lay out C4s on the stairs next to the Helgast respawn point and watch them die. Either that or just when they come up the stairs and make their way down the narrow hallway, I spray bullets all over them, moving side to side dodging their bullets.

C4+disguise+extra point for headshots=WIN.

Lince

Banned
Jason's Ultimatum said:
C4+disguise+extra point for headshots=WIN.

no wonder you're getting bored since you're actually using the invisible C4 + magic headshots smg cheap combo, just join one of our hardcore servers and test your skills. We are happy to bring you down to earth anytime.

FFObsessed said:
^^Play in GAF games.

Time to die.

:lol

Reading some of the replies while I was on vacation, you guys seem to know what team work means. I get so frustrated sometimes that I end up leaving matches because I'm the only person trying to take out the turrents that were so strategically placed while my teammates do whatever the hell they want trying to get as many kills as possible.

If you guys set up only BC matches, I'm down. My PSN ID is JasonUltimatum.

KZObsessed

Jason's Ultimatum said:
You guys are mean. :(

<3

Warzone is what KZ2 online is. That's the game, BC is just one round. If you don't know how to play Warzone, it'll be like starting a brand new online game. And if you're bored with just BC only, then... it makes sense to right?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Guys are you gonna play hardcore games today?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Lince said:
I hope so, did TTP post the settings at all? I think he's somewhere trying to make money out of them.
Nope, he didnt post the settings. He is trying to convince GG to make those setting a paid DLC!
TTP Hardcore match DLC just $5.99 :lol

10dollas said:
Lets do it.

Hardcore wit snipers and repair turrents. Yezzzir
I dont think that engineers are available on TTP Hardcore DLC. :D

Wow at Negaiido ban ·___·

Zen

Banned
Click said:
Grind Bodycount games (30min./100kills).

Unfortunately I have to work today and I get home 5 hours till midnight. :lol

Is it midnight tonight or tommorow that the week resets?

Thanks for the Advice, I really should have started my 1% run sooner than thursday this week.

Fersis

Isnt called engineer the badge with the turrets ?

Click

Banned
Lince said:
you're playing the wrong Hardcore games, look for the Origianl TTP Seal of Quality next time.

Nintendo does not approve.

Kuroyume said:
Don't bother. Warzone is boring and broken.

Careful. You might get misquoted for calling KZ2 a "boring and broken" game.

You know, I find it sad that GAF'fers need to restrict practically all classes and overpowered weapons in this game in order to find new ways to have fun.

Then again, I know it's a good thing to have the option to play this game the way we want to instead of the way GG wants us to... it's just sad that in order for games to be considered "hardcore" and "fair," (at least by GAF standards), so many classes and weapons need to be turned off.

Kittonwy

Banned
FFObsessed said:
BC only games? No wonder you're bored. urgh.

Join us for Warzone. Or our Hardcore mode.

The hardcore games are a bit too lobsided when there are newbies in it, some of us have clearly played the game since the beta and some of us have not, and it clearly shows in terms of knowing how to use squad-spawn properly, people who want to have casual fun should just play casual games.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
:lol @ comments. Anyways, I'll post detailed Hardcore settings in about 30 mins. And then I'll create a game as well. Can we have the new maps in this time?

Fersis

TTP said:
:lol @ comments. Anyways, I'll post detailed Hardcore settings in about 30 mins. And then I'll create a game as well. Can we have the new maps in this time?
Yay TTP is relasing his DLC for free !!!:lol

JB1981

TrAcEr_x90 said:

I accidentally left Rockets on. Sorry, guys. ACCIDENT. SWEAR.

KZObsessed

Kittonwy said:
The hardcore games are a bit too lobsided when there are newbies in it, some of us have clearly played the game since the beta and some of us have not, and it clearly shows in terms of knowing how to use squad-spawn properly, people who want to have casual fun should just play casual games.

True true.

One of the games yesterday, my team had 3 none gaffers on it and they were goddamn useless. They were too scared to do anything and we lost miserably.

Jason, stay out of our elitist games! :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
Click said:
Nintendo does not approve.

Careful. You might get misquoted for calling KZ2 a "boring and broken" game.

You know, I find it sad that GAF'fers need to restrict practically all classes and overpowered weapons in this game in order to find new ways to have fun.

Then again, I know it's a good thing to have the option to play this game the way we want to instead of the way GG wants us to... it's just sad that in order for games to be considered "hardcore" and "fair," (at least by GAF standards), so many classes and weapons need to be turned off.

I would take no restrictions casual rooms over these so-called "hardcore" games any day of the week, there is absolutely no reason to turn off tact when people can use squad spawns, except there are enough newbies out there who just want to play casually who basically don't know the game enough to take advantage of this and the games yesterday were really lopsided, it's not an issue when it's a clan match, but if you're trying to make a room just for people to have casual fun (the handful of GAFe members have simply play the game ten times more than some of our more casual GAFA members), this so-called "hardcore" mode is not the way to go.

I understand your bitterness towards the game but then personally I would still probably play this over Socom Confrontation, when you're on a team where people actually know what they're doing and are organized, it's incredibly fun, it's just that there are only a few people in the clan who really know how to play as a team with a strategy so it probably gets incredibly frustrating for you and increasingly frustrating for me, but there are just not enough people (just you, greg and beatbox) playing this regularly for me personally to have fun.

JB1981

Kittonwy said:
I would take no restrictions casual rooms over these so-called "hardcore" games any day of the week, there is absolutely no reason to turn off tact when people can use squad spawns, except there are enough newbies out there who just want to play casually who basically don't know the game enough to take advantage of this and the games yesterday were really lobsided, it's not an issue when it's a clan match, but if you're trying to make a room just for people to have casual fun (the handful of GAFe members have simply play the game ten times more than some of our more casual GAFA members), this so-called "hardcore" mode is not the way to go.

I understand your bitterness towards the game but then personally I would still probably play this over Socom Confrontation, there are just not enough people (just you, greg and beatbox) playing this regularly for me personally to have fun.

The Kittens does not know how to spell lopsided. :lol

TTP: when you putting up the server? I gotta leave at 4 .....

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
FFObsessed said:
Showing Guerrilla how it's done.

Well, I'm not creating anything new. Hardcore is basically Killzone without classes except the Medic one.

Ok, dirtbag: old maps only (I'm kinda regretting the DLC purchase :lol)

TTP: when you putting up the server? I gotta leave at 4 .....

10-15 mins.

teiresias

I have a question for you guys in this thread. Is there some issue with the sound mix of this game for anyone else when running it through a 5.1 system. I have a Denon AVR-789 and ran the Audyssey Auto Calibration and it did wonders for sound in my Blu-Ray movies and most of the other games I tried, but Killzone 2 sounds really screwed up.

For example, in the campaign at the very beginning when you wake up and follow Garza out into the hallway the low frequency hum of the ship's internals is way too freaking loud (and my sub is tuned fine for other content), and once I follow him into the main part and see Rico talking to the scientist woman (can't remember her name) I can barely hear them speaking out of the front speakers and certainly can't make out the conversation, but if I turn around so that they're behind me they come out crystal clear out of my surround speakers. If I turn off the MultiEQ function of my receiver (that does the Audyseey DynamicEQ stuff) it gets just a little bit better, but not enough that the whole thing still sounds funky.

The entire front stage of the sound is completely subdued relative to the surrounds, has anyone else noticed this? This doesn't seem to be a problem on Uncharted or Flower or Burnout or some other games I've tried.

JB1981

So I finally got my 80GB PS3 through the Dell deal and I wanted to know why Guerilla prohibits copying of game save data. Seriously WTF? I just got myself a new USB flashdrive hoping to copy my KZ 2 SP data and it's not allowed. Every other game I own allows this. Why not this game. This is ridiculous.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
JB1981 said:
So I finally got my 80GB PS3 through the Dell deal and I wanted to know why Guerilla prohibits copying of game save data. Seriously WTF? I just got myself a new USB flashdrive hoping to copy my KZ 2 SP data and it's not allowed. Every other game I own allows this. Why not this game. This is ridiculous.

Neither RE5 does. Yeah, it's unexcusable bullshit.

Kittonwy

Banned
TTP said:
Well, I'm not creating anything new. Hardcore is basically Killzone without classes except the Medic one.
Ok, dirtbag: old maps only (I'm kinda regretting the DLC purchase :lol)

10-15 mins.

The problem is there are a group of people who actually understand how to squad spawn properly and the rest have absolutely no clue, especially on one side, so I started a squad and everybody ended up wanting to pile on to the same squad, I had to leave the squad later just so I could start another one.

Most of GAFA is not sophisticated enough to actually have success in any of your games, the problem is exacerbated when there are non-gaffers joining, it's great that GAFe found a way to kept making the game interesting for themselves but I'll probably take a pass on these games.

JB1981

Kittonwy said:
The problem is there are a group of people who actually understand how to squad spawn properly and the rest have absolutely no clue, especially on one side, so I started a squad and everybody ended up wanting to pile on to the same squad, I had to leave the squad later just so I could start another one.

Most of GAFA is not sophisticated enough to actually have success in any of your games, the problem is exacerbated when there are non-gaffers joining, it's great that GAFe found a way to kept making the game interesting for themselves but I'll probably take a pass on these games.

You should really either name names or try and help the people who apparently don't know how to play the game. I think Hardcore mode would be best with 24 players - 3 teams of 4. 3 squad leaders to spawn on. That way there are more places to spawn (provided the squad leader stays alive) when you're not playing something like Capture and Hold. The only drawback I see to this is it makes the squad leader kind of ineffective because he has to spend the majority of his team trying to stay alive, rather than killing the enemy or going for an objective.

KZObsessed

I'm certainly not gonna play these hardcore games exclusively, kitton. They'll drive me up the wall if I get any clueless none GAF people on my team. :p

I'll join you in some regular games if I'm ever playing late enough. Or you can join me & lince in our squad sometime. My life partner and I work well together.

Click

Banned
Kittonwy said:
I would take no restrictions casual rooms over these so-called "hardcore" games any day of the week, there is absolutely no reason to turn off tact when people can use squad spawns, except there are enough newbies out there who just want to play casually who basically don't know the game enough to take advantage of this and the games yesterday were really lopsided, it's not an issue when it's a clan match, but if you're trying to make a room just for people to have casual fun (the handful of GAFe members have simply play the game ten times more than some of our more casual GAFA members), this so-called "hardcore" mode is not the way to go.

I understand your bitterness towards the game but then personally I would still probably play this over Socom Confrontation, there are just not enough people (just you, greg and beatbox) playing this regularly for me personally to have fun.

I wouldn't play the "hardcore" games either. Why? Because that's just not how this game was designed to be. KZ2 is meant to be a mindless, "spammy," run and gun game. Not some sort of slow-paced, "tactical," and "boring" game with FF on and most classes and weapons turned off.

BTW, I hate friendly fire because it's just not meant to be in a fast respawn FPS game like KZ2, especially not with all the grenade spamming, unrestricted spawn grenades, and with so many people running into the line of fire of teammates.

TTP came up with the idea, probably after reading my huge post back on page 501, where I said I wouldn't mind it if KZ2 had no class system and just made all weapons available (minus rocket/grenade launchers) and used the Rifleman (or some generic soldier class with character customization) instead. TTP and other "hardcore" players are just trying to find new ways to have fun in KZ2, since this game quickly loses its (graphical) charm after a certain amount of playtime. Some get bored faster than others.

Oh, and I'm not bitter towards anything. I'm just highly critical towards GG's inability to develop and patch this game properly. And please spare me with the whole "I'd rather play KZ2 instead of Confrontation because there's not enough GAF'fers playing Confrontation" bullshit. You never played SOCOM in the first place, not even during the unbearable period (for you) after KZ2 beta and before KZ2 officially launched.

Kittonwy

Banned
JB1981 said:
You should really either name names or try and help the people who apparently don't know how to play the game. I think Hardcore mode would be best with 24 players - 3 teams of 4. 3 squad leaders to spawn on. That way there are more places to spawn (provided the squad leader stays alive) when you're not playing something like Capture and Hold. The only drawback I see to this is it makes the squad leader kind of ineffective because he has to spend the majority of his team trying to stay alive, rather than killing the enemy or going for an objective.

Squad spawn is another subtlety that many people won't be able to grasp, when there are only 8-9 people on each team, it won't work for one side. We had trouble helping people grasp the regular game, how are we going to help people grasp the game with casual spawning and jobs turned off?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Badges
Medic

Basic settings
Max players: 16
Faction balancing: OFF

Advanced settings
FF: On
Enemies on radar: Off

Weapons
All except rocket and grenade launchers