• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

.GqueB.

Banned
TheFatOne said:
This is a joke right?
Clearly.

I just dont personally understand why there isnt serious clan play to begin with. You only need about 8 - 10 guys tops that wanna be serious. I would personally but quite honestly I dont really have the time (I hate being the piece of shit that says pretentious things like that so I apologize but still...). Im starting a tshirt line and I do freelance work and Im obligated to try and have sex at least a few times a week so Im booked for the most part.

But there HAVE to be enough of you who feel like click that want to be serious without having to worry about casuals. Do you really need 100 people that all wanna be serious about clan play? I dont really see how thats necessary.

Just appoint some person as... I dont know... strategy guy. When I was in Gaf2, WHOAguitarninja would gather up on the map we were gonna play on, we'd meet up in the middle (shoot eachother for fun)and develop strategies for every single mode. What to do, what to repair, what teams go where for each mode. Everyone had a predetermined class and squads were created. It aint that hard. It took like 10 minutes.

ChryZ

TTP said:
I need ppl to test this thing. Join "HARDCORE" (EU). I have included the new maps in the rotation. Changed some S&D things. It takes longer for the charge to explode. This is because 30 secs is too little time when you have to respawn back at the base. You need to try and clear the area before attempting to defuse, so you need more time.
This was actually pretty cool. I liked it a lot.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
So what do you guys think about this "custom made" Hardcore mode? Any tweaks suggestions about times and stuff? I think defuse time for S&D is fine @ 60 secs.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I totally love how the Squad leader kinda becomes more important as he acts as the only "deployable" spawn point. So he has to try to stay alive, constantly checking team members before deciding whether or not take some actions. Like, if my mates are both dead, I better wait in a safe spot so they can spawn at me.

It's also very important to stick together so u can get revived.

I also liked how the action flows in S&D missions. Rather than constant chaos, it develops in waves. There is this calm before storm thing I totally dig. Not sure if it's gonna stay like this in full matches tho as there will be more squad leaders around, hence more spawn points. But at least, these "living" spawn points do hardly create chaos since leaders want to stay out of fight till mates join.

Time to take a piss (lol)

KZObsessed

Need more testing from my point of view. A 2v1 and what was pretty much a 4v2 to test it out was shit. Not like I'm gonna enjoy that.

Wouldn't work on public games as you're even more fucked if you have shit players on your team, which is out of your control.... and they're everywhere. Also only having ISA rifle for defense makes the lag, shots not registering, random headshots even more irritating.

Playing clan matches with it might be fun. There you have a decent set of organised players... as long as the opposition doesn't cheat or whatever.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
FFObsessed said:
Need more testing from my point of view. A 2v1 and what was pretty much a 4v2 to test it out was shit. Not like I'm gonna enjoy that.

Wouldn't work on public games as you're even more fucked if you have shit players on your team, which is out of your control. Also only having ISA rifle for defense makes the lag, shots not registering, random headshots even more irritating.

Playing clan matches with it might be fun. There you have a decent set of organised players... as long as the opposition doesn't cheat or whatever.

Yeah, we need to try to introduce the Engineer in the next test. We need those ammo crates as well as we get frequently revived and it's easier to run out of ammo.

Also, before passing judgment, we need to let it sink a bit. We are still used to rush a bit. We need to adapt. We need to understand that clearing an area does help you much more than it used to.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
10dollas said:
it needs snipers, assuming you went through with the original planned restrictions. hehe

The sniper rifle is available if you choose the normal soldier. The only weapons I removed from the list are rockets and grenades launchers.

Lince

Banned
TTP said:
So what do you guys think about this "custom made" Hardcore mode? Any tweaks suggestions about times and stuff? I think defuse time for S&D is fine @ 60 secs.

here are my thoughts after playing with you guys

- 3v3 is the bare minimum (1 squad though), 6v6 tops, headsets are a must

- perfect game would be 4v4, 2 squads, attack/defend & flanking strategies

- no random players, game should be "passwored", they just don't know what's going on

- I would take bodycount out of the game as if the squad leader gets killed the other team can rush to camp the enemy base

- bump time/points limit for C&H and S&R, they're the most fun with these settings

- bump the defuse time a little for the bigger maps just to give a last-second chance

- we need to get more GAF players interested in this hardcore mode somehow

- if we take out the m4 revolver then let bodycount in and force everyone to use the ordinary pistol, having a pistol round in each game should be awesome and refreshing

- (edited) I'm not sure about the sniper thing, it could cause chaos just trying to get to them, maybe if we force one per team then it could work.

what more?

10dollas

Banned
TTP said:
The sniper rifle is available if you choose the normal soldier. The only weapons I removed from the list are rockets and grenades launchers.
Are you sure? I thought the basic soldier is excluded from the sniper, the sab rifle, and the homing missile launcher?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
10dollas said:
Are you sure? I thought the basic soldier is excluded from the sniper, the sab rifle, and the homing missile launcher?

Ah true. I assumed all weapons where available for the soldier once unlocked. My bad.

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Yes yes yes. Me and Lince, 2 man team forever!

:lol

you missed one of the most frustrating games ever, we were playing with some tw4ts in Tharsis Depot and they were lagging like bitches and just taunting us all the time, even Rick got mad at them.

KZObsessed

Lince said:

you missed one of the most frustrating games ever, we were playing with some tw4ts in Tharsis Depot and they were lagging like bitches and just taunting us all the time, even Rick got mad at them.

I joined in that Helghan Industries game and I don't think I've been called a "shotgun n00b" so many times... even when I killed them with a rifle or pistol they said it.

From now on I don't think I'm gonna play any games unless my heterosexual life partner Lince is in my squad.

Kuroyume

Banned
No, I'm not playing hardcore since I don't own a mic. I was just wondering if one was going up later today so I could suggest that engineers be banned. I fucking hate that class. :lol

ChryZ

TTP said:
Yeah, we need to try to introduce the Engineer in the next test. We need those ammo crates as well as we get frequently revived and it's easier to run out of ammo.
We don't. You can enable repair by itself, no? Turrets and shotty would ruin it all. You know what? Fuck repair too ... it leads to mounted guns and that could also ruin it.

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:

I joined in that Helghan Industries game and I don't think I've been called a "shotgun n00b" so many times... even when I killed them with a rifle or pistol they said it.

From now on I don't think I'm gonna play any games unless my heterosexual life partner Lince is in my squad.

I'll be on later (got to clean my cat's lair now, my sister just keeps feeding him and the fat bastard messes with everything in the house)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lince said:
here are my thoughts after playing with you guys

- 3v3 is the bare minimum (1 squad though), 6v6 tops, headsets are a must

- perfect game would be 4v4, 2 squads, attack/defend & flanking strategies

I'll stick with the usual 8v8 for the two big maps (PR e SM) and 4v4 for the rest

- no random players, game should be "passwored", they just don't know what's going on

well, yeah. And a party system please :p

- I would take bodycount out of the game as if the squad leader gets killed the other team can rush to camp the enemy base

I don't think this is as bad as it usually is cos they can't deploy a spawn point near the base. But we will see when we get to test it with more ppl.

- bump time/points limit for C&H and S&R, they're the most fun with these settings

Will look into this
lol I sound like a dev

- bump the defuse time a little for the bigger maps just to give a last-second chance

Definetly. 120 secs for big maps? It's 60 now

- we need to get more GAF players interested in this hardcore mode somehow

We need dedicated unlockables!

- if we take out the m4 revolver then let bodycount in and force everyone to use the ordinary pistol, having a pistol round in each game should be awesome and refreshing

Well, we need to make a dedicated game for that no?

- (edited) I'm not sure about the sniper thing, it could cause chaos just trying to get to them, maybe if we force one per team then it could work.

I'd like to stick with Medics only for now. No sniper. If on defense, just pick the soldier with the shotgun. I don't want turrets

what more?

Lince

Banned
ChryZ said:
We don't. You can enable repair by itself, no? Turrets and shotty would ruin it all. You know what? Fuck repair too ... it leads to mounted guns and that could also ruin it.

yes but we could limit games to one engineer / sniper per team, that should hurt their ability to revive squad leaders and balance things out, at least we could try it don't you think?

snipers could take care of turrets and mounted guns from a distance.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
ChryZ said:

You can enable repair only if you allow Engineer. But yeah, fuck it. Lets bring it back to the basics.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I like the idea of a custom game to avoid spawn fests.
invite me if you need one more player

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Fersis said:
I like the idea of a custom game to avoid spawn fests.
invite me if you need one more player

Feel free to join whenever u see us playing in an "Hardcore" room.

Overall, there is this much we can do to approximate a proper hardcore mode. I mean, we can't remove respawns altogether and even if we could, we would still need a significant redesign of the whole match. It should be shorter, and organized in rounds. For example.

10dollas

Banned
Lots of people active on the forums right now, lets get this game started at this very moment. Time for a test run with the hardcore settings.

10dollas

Banned
TTP said:
Medium/Small maps?
4v4 or 8v8?
new maps in or out?

8v8, the more the merrier.

I'd vote for new maps in, but that really depends on how many gaffers available to play have purchased them or not.

Lince

Banned
10dollas said:
8v8, the more the merrier.

I'd vote for new maps in, but that really depends on how many gaffers available to play have purchased them or not.

we should play every map in hardcore mode since we're still testing the waters, the more experiences the better for further fine-tunning. I'll join you guys in some minutes, password?

Facism

next time you set up a test, do it without the dlc chump maps :p

if you're setting up now i can join, but i don't have the new maps.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lince said:
we should play every map in hardcore mode since we're still testing the waters, the more experiences the better for further fine-tunning. I'll join you guys in some minutes, password?

Yeah. testing all maps with 8v8. I think the limited respawn ability should limit chaos in small, 4v4 maps.

No password. We need people. Select Helghast upon joining.

Creating now. HARDCORE

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Facism said:
next time you set up a test, do it without the dlc chump maps :p

if you're setting up now i can join, but i don't have the new maps.
Damn. Ok, I'll recreate without the new maps

HARDCORE it's up

EU SERVERS
8v8
all maps (old ones)
all missions (tweaked)
medics only
select HGH upon joining

10dollas

Banned
TTP said:
Yeah. testing all maps with 8v8. I think the limited respawn ability should limit chaos in small, 4v4 maps.

No password. We need people. Select Helghast upon joining.

Creating now. HARDCORE

Quoting for emphasis so no potential player glazes over the fact.

^^

10dollas

Banned
Ugh no wonder small games have trouble filling up. It appears the game browsing list is cut off at some arbitrary number of shown games. Chock one up for another retarded design decision.

TTP what's your ingame name?

TTP said:
So much for the forum activity. It's just two of us. :/

I want to join, but my game list is not showing any games with less than 6 people in them.

Facism

10dollas said:
Ugh no wonder small games have trouble filling up. It appears the game browsing list is cut off at some arbitrary number of shown games. Chock one up for another retarded design decision.

TTP what's your ingame name?

I want to join, but my game list is not showing any games with less than 6 people in them.

Add me to your friendslist and join friend from kz2.

PSN: Live_Feed

TTP's friendslist is full, afaik

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Facism said:
Add me to your friendslist and join friend from kz2.

PSN: Live_Feed

TTP's friendslist is full, afaik

WAS full. Had to cut it back to 95 in order to play online with Burnout Paradise and Wipeout HD :/

Damn buggy shit

oneHeero

I'm all up for a competitive clan if enough Gaffers are serious about putting in serious time in the game. In other words not just 1hr a day here and there.

I've been in numerous tournaments and clans that play actual clan matches and would love to do it again. I'm always available but unless people are online on my FL or Clan I just dont play.

I've sent out a couple more PSN invites in hope to see the hardcore on more often.

I can either play a dedicated job or be the guy who adapts to everything because I feel I can play any job personally(except medic never played it, ever).

Ceb

TTP said:
So much for the forum activity. It's just two of us. :/

I've been looking for something like this to rekindle my interest. I'll join if it's ok hopping on without a mic.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wow, it's awesome. Med/Long range/behind cover firefights plus flanking and a lot of comm. Looks like a real urban war. :D

Facism

So we managed to populate the server, and what can i say?

Riflemen and medics only really turned this game into something pretty amazing. Actually having to rely on squad leaders, actually having to coordinate, actually valuing your current life because of no spawns other than squad leaders really changed the game up.

It wasn't a spammy waste of a online mode anymore. People actually covered other people, coordinated S&D plants, healed and revived each other, kept the squad leaders healthy and in the game.

Just wow at it all. I always thought it was design error to allow people as much choice as you could afford, only when people are limited to what they can achieve with a class does the potential for actual strategic, tactical play (on pubs, at least) emerge. The game felt more substantial and your role felt more fleshed out important.

[edit]We should play like this regularly. I can't stress that enough, this was a game i was going to put down after our forthcoming semi-final win over AV Forums in the GG tournament. Not anymore.

Click said:
Annoyed? LOL
And your posts most certainly do read like you're "against" me.

Once again, you do not have reading comprehension skills or choose to read certain parts and ignore the rest of my posts.

I've said over and over that I still have fun with KZ2 (at times).
Thanks for misquoting me and taking my posts out of context.
You know, because I never said this was a "retarded and boring game."
yo, man - relax.

this thread is hostile enough.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TTP said:
Wow, it's awesome. Med/Long range/behind cover firefights plus flanking and a lot of comm. Looks like a real urban war. :D
If GG implements spawn limits (Or no spawn) its gonna be awesome

Top Bottom