• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Raist

Banned
:lol ok what the fuck is going on here.

Some of you USians need to grow a sense of humor. 99.9% of the stuff GAFe is saying/doing is made of thoughtless chatting, private jokes, trash talk and so on. All in good fun, and fairplay.

I guess that's what you get when you have an official thread "of livin' la vida loca" instead of "of annihilation" I guess. :p

I think there's not enough ego stroking. Especially regarding their leader.
u all fired

Now, some of them are a bit weird, but that's because they're brits, it's not their fault.

Raist

Banned
Click said:
So you guys didn't practice on Visiari Hammer at all, setting up tactics and class designation, prior to the 7-0 ass-whooping you handed GAFA?

Whatever. I don't see what the big deal is anyway. Sure, it may be a bit annoying to not know whether a match is going to happen until just before the match begins, but you Euros have been bitching about this shit forever, constantly holding it over GAFA's heads. I thought these games were supposed to be "friendly" and "just for fun" and not taken so damn seriously. It's certainly turning out to be a very serious thing with you guys.

Bitching about this forever? If anything, I see a lot of bitching against us lately.
We were ONCE annoyed about how it turned out, because we sent a clan challenge like eon a monday, to play on the next sunday, and we had absolutely no answer ingame, neither on the forum when we asked what was going on.
So we basically assumed that our challenge was denied/forgotten/whatever. And then 1 hour or so before the lobby would open, the challenge gets accepted, out of nowhere.
So huh, yeah, being ignored for like a week and then have to struggle to find available players wasn't exactly a pleasant experience.
But I'm sure you would have loved us to be only 3-4 showing up instead of 8 :p

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Thrakier said:
RESISTANCE 2 THREAD! NEVER FORGET!
:mad:

Oh dont worry,there is a new 'Resistance 2 sucks?' thread right now....
He is gonna have some fun there

Kittonwy

Banned
ChryZ said:
GAFA needs to get laid.

Who doesn't?
Indifferent2.gif

Click

Banned
Raist said:

Some of you USians need to grow a sense of humor. 99.9% of the stuff GAFe is saying/doing is made of thoughtless chatting, private jokes, trash talk and so on. All in good fun, and fairplay.

I guess that's what you get when you have an official thread "of livin' la vida loca" instead of "of annihilation" I guess. :p

u all fired

Now, some of them are a bit weird, but that's because they're brits, it's not their fault.

It isn't about being too serious or us NA guys needing to lighten up.
This is the "official" KZ2 thread. You Euros are flooding the thread with stupid shit all the time. Newbies (to the game and thread) have no clue wtf is going on in here and are usually turned off. They sometimes want to ask questions and it gets "buried" in a heap of GAFe bullshit. Yeah, most of the time their questions and concerns get answered but I know if I was new to this thread and came here seeing people talking about bukkake, I wouldn't want to get involved.

You already have your own thread to clutter up with nonsense. It's in the Online/Matchup section. I'm not saying it's wrong to have some fun and make jokes from time to time. That's what forums and games are good for: having fun. But sometimes you people take it too far. That's all I'm saying.

JB1981

This game is so terribly unbalanced when the Assault class is removed and the Engineer class is given full reign to drop bots and sit on top of an objective all day. I had to quit out of the last GAF game. Shit is just not fun. I think I'll stick to class-restricted TTP Hardcore mode. Game is just not my speed when it becomes a game of constantly spawning and dying, spawning and dying, spawning and dying. Not fun.

Click

Banned
Raist said:
Bitching about this forever? If anything, I see a lot of bitching against us lately.
We were ONCE annoyed about how it turned out, because we sent a clan challenge like eon a monday, to play on the next sunday, and we had absolutely no answer ingame, neither on the forum when we asked what was going on.
So we basically assumed that our challenge was denied/forgotten/whatever. And then 1 hour or so before the lobby would open, the challenge gets accepted, out of nowhere.
So huh, yeah, being ignored for like a week and then have to struggle to find available players wasn't exactly a pleasant experience.
But I'm sure you would have loved us to be only 3-4 showing up instead of 8 :p

I feel like I'm repeating myself since I already explained what happens.

Yes, you guys have been complaining about GAFA not accepting challenges since our first match. And yes, I know it's partly my fault this issue is being brought up again, because I complained about you guys always making the rules and deciding which maps we play on (although I didn't make a huge fuss over it). But...

It's not that GAFA does it as a way to get an advantage (number-wise) over GAFe. They also didn't do it so you guys are unprepared with no strategies and class designation. GAFA usually accepts clan challenges late because THE CLAN IS UNORGANIZED WITH TOO MANY PEOPLE NOT CARING ABOUT SCHEDULED MATCHES. What is the point of playing in a game if our team is going to be down 2-3 people every time? These games are supposed to be fun and challenging, while being friendly and not serious, right? So what's the big deal with GAFA accepting them an hour or so before the scheduled start of the match? We usually agree to play at around the same time every week. We try to show up with balanced teams. That should be good enough for you Euros.

Again, I know it can be frustrating and annoying to not be able to have days to prepare for friendly and non-serious games with GAFA. But no need to constantly complain about it.

Click

Banned
Fersis said:
:mad:

Oh dont worry,there is a new 'Resistance 2 sucks?' thread right now....
He is gonna have some fun there

Surprisingly, Kittonwy has resisted his natural urge to troll R2 in that thread... for now.
Or he just hasn't gotten around to posting in it... yet. >.>

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Click said:
Surprisingly, Kittonwy has resisted his natural urge to troll R2 in that thread... for now.
It was a nice surprise, i think that he finally found having fun with a game more important than bashing another one nonstop.
Im glad for him :3

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I don't even know what's going on in this thread nowadays....

anyway, finally got to play a round today for the first time in 2 weeks, and man did it feel sluggish! For about 5 minutes then it was back to normal. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to play the new maps, but people still suck with spawn points. I might just turn into a full time tactician. Surprisingly, even though rockets were enabled, not a lot of people were assault. Still a shitload of shotties, though. I decided that I'm the worst player in KZ2 with an assault rifle against someone on the move. I'm still in smg mode unfortunately.

oneHeero

commish said:
I don't even know what's going on in this thread nowadays....

anyway, finally got to play a round today for the first time in 2 weeks, and man did it feel sluggish! For about 5 minutes then it was back to normal. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to play the new maps, but people still suck with spawn points. I might just turn into a full time tactician. Surprisingly, even though rockets were enabled, not a lot of people were assault. Still a shitload of shotties, though. I decided that I'm the worst player in KZ2 with an assault rifle against someone on the move. I'm still in smg mode unfortunately.
For the last few days I've been a dedicated tactician in al my gaf games. A few fuck ups but nothing to worry about since I'm vocal if I fuck up.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
oneHeero said:
For the last few days I've been a dedicated tactician in al my gaf games. A few fuck ups but nothing to worry about since I'm vocal if I fuck up.

But I can't stand the fact that other tacticians place bad spawns. It's like, no matter how hard I try, there are 2 asshats who put a spawn facing a wall. Also, I need to get that damn air support badge. 0/8. :(

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
JB1981 said:
This game is so terribly unbalanced when the Assault class is removed and the Engineer class is given full reign to drop bots and sit on top of an objective all day. I had to quit out of the last GAF game. Shit is just not fun. I think I'll stick to class-restricted TTP Hardcore mode. Game is just not my speed when it becomes a game of constantly spawning and dying, spawning and dying, spawning and dying. Not fun.

I'm glad its not just me! I get really bored of spawn-die-spawn-die games, especially when a team knows the spawn points and nails you as you revive.

also glad that you've found an alternative in KZ2 you can enjoy, I might buy the game soon, but man this thread sounds hardfuckingcore.

what the shits going on? europe vs america? hell yeah :D I'm european but I'll probably suck at this. got room for n00bs or will I not have fun until I'm good at the game, have a mic etc? not sure I'm keen on really hardcore strategies either, I won't have the time to master the games, maps, weapons etc to a high level.

how hardcore are you guys?

TheFatOne

Dementia said:
Haha, well I only team killed you because you TK me the game before when I was the assassination target. you bastard.:lol

So wait, are you talking about that guy yesterday who was team killing all the GAF players on Tharsis? If so, that was funny as shit, especially because we still managed to kick the other teams ass.

I forgot to reply to this :lol It was a new guy. Rick from GAFe was playing on my squad. We were having a nice game till I see this douchebag team kill our entire team. The whole time he was like "who is team killing everyone"so I went behind him killed him and said "ohh I'm so sorry I didn't mean to team kill you, but how do my balls taste?"I did that to him for two straight games :lol

Click said:

Well I don't blame him for trolling the worst FPS of all time :p

Click

Banned
commish said:
Also, I need to get that damn air support badge. 0/8. :(

Play in long games with 24-32 players. Destroying turret bots should be your primary focus, since they blow up air bots too easily/quickly. Place the air bot beacon on the backlines of where the action is, not in the middle of the firefight, except for during Search and Destroy. Obviously, you should always try to place them around objectives.

The key is, to keep them up at all times. Since the air bots can only stay out for 1 minute and can easily be destroyed, you need to always watch the sky to check if your bot is still out. It also sucks that there can only be 2 out at a time per team and 1 person can only have 1 air bot out at a time, but that's how GG designed these underpowered pieces of shit, so you gotta just deal with it...

Or just do what most people do: cheat. Get someone from the clan and set up a PW room so you can kill him 5 times x 8 with the air bot. :lol

Jtrizzy

I have a couple of questions. Is there any point in being the standard soldier once you've unlocked the medic or any class that allows use of the assault rifles? Do you get more health than the medic or anything?

Raist

Banned
Click said:
I feel like I'm repeating myself since I already explained what happens.

Yes, you guys have been complaining about GAFA not accepting challenges since our first match. And yes, I know it's partly my fault this issue is being brought up again, because I complained about you guys always making the rules and deciding which maps we play on (although I didn't make a huge fuss over it). But...

It's not that GAFA does it as a way to get an advantage (number-wise) over GAFe. They also didn't do it so you guys are unprepared with no strategies and class designation. GAFA usually accepts clan challenges late because THE CLAN IS UNORGANIZED WITH TOO MANY PEOPLE NOT CARING ABOUT SCHEDULED MATCHES. What is the point of playing in a game if our team is going to be down 2-3 people every time? These games are supposed to be fun and challenging, while being friendly and not serious, right? So what's the big deal with GAFA accepting them an hour or so before the scheduled start of the match? We usually agree to play at around the same time every week. We try to show up with balanced teams. That should be good enough for you Euros.

Again, I know it can be frustrating and annoying to not be able to have days to prepare for friendly and non-serious games with GAFA. But no need to constantly complain about it.

Dude, you're the one constantly putting issues back up again. We did bitch, ONCE, because of said game. You say, what's the point of having unbalanced games? Spot on. But, you see, we guys are not organized in the same way than you are/were. So yes, being ignored that one time, ingame AND on the forum, pissed us off because we eventually fell short of a couple of players, because it was accepted at the last minute without any notice. I don't see how it would have been hard to at least reply to our posts (here, in our thread, and in your thread) just to say that we'd have to wait until a couple of hours/minutes because you were not sure whether you could get a full roster.

So yeah, since then we have always tried to organize the GAFe vs GAFA games, because as you said, you are mostly not organized at all. So we did it without any problem. Now I guess that my fellow clanmates did bitch a bit when you come up with a "bubububut GAFe always sets the rules, not fair!". Maybe I shall remind you that clan leaders/officers can edit the rules of a challenge as much as they want anyway, so I don't see why you guys didn't do it if it was a problem.

And stop spreading BS about us shitting this thread up with stupid stuff. Last time there was a "flood" here by a GAFe member, it was Lince going meltdown on KZ2's issues online.
Other than that, there were a couple jokes thrown around, but nothing cloose to canstant flooding.
One could say you're as guilty as us, ranting over and over again about the game's balancing issues, because, ya know, it's the Official thread in the Gaming section, and the right place to talk MP is in the online/matchup forum.

I don't know what's wrong with you and what's your problem with us exactly, but we're not the ones constantly attacking you or your (former) clan.

Anyway. Nice couple of late night games with FFO, kitton, aj and lluyf.

Raist

Banned
Jtrizzy said:
I have a couple of questions. Is there any point in being the standard soldier once you've unlocked the medic or any class that allows use of the assault rifles? Do you get more health than the medic or anything?

Nah, the only class with more health is the assault class, the only rifleman's advantage is that he can select almost any of the weapons in the game (except the GL and the sniper rifle and maybe a couple more). I think I remembered reading a couple of times, a long while ago, that the rifleman would also be able to use a secondary badge, but he can't, which makes him completely useless IMO. He's also a friendly fire magnet in games with FF on, since people sometimes think he's a disguised sab from the other team :p

Jtrizzy

Oh I remembered my other question. How do you get the 5x zoom as opposed to the 2x zoom on the sniper rifle? I've almost unlocked the scout badge, and am guessing I'll have to do something extra for the 5x zoom.

Raist

Banned
Jtrizzy said:
Oh I remembered my other question. How do you get the 5x zoom as opposed to the 2x zoom on the sniper rifle? I've almost unlocked the scout badge, and am guessing I'll have to do something extra for the 5x zoom.

Can't remember if it's kill 10 people (x8) with the sniper rifle, or kill 5 people (x8) while being cloaked. Might be the former. Unless it's been fixed lately, it's bugged and you usually get it before earning all 8 ribbons tho.

TheFatOne

Raist said:
blah blah bla...

Lyulf is so awesome. He is so cool and magnificent. I couldn't even kill him. He is so smart suicide bombing us.I wish I could be as awesome as he is. I want Lyulf to have my babies.

Hey hey hey slow down there buddy. I like to take things slow. Hell I don't even know your first name :p

TheFatOne

Full Recovery said:
sounds like gafa needs to step up their game.

Sounds like you need to shut the fuck up. I remember you. The first person to ever teabag me in Killzone 2. I want my vengeance dammit. GAFA just doesn't play enough clan games. So we need more experience working as a team. We have a bunch of great players we just haven't figured out how to play as a team yet.

Raist said:
Haha yeah right. Did u rike the 4 headshots in a row? Vely much? :3

You know what they say better lucky then good.

Raist

Banned
TheFatOne said:
You know what they say better lucky then good.

Once is luck. Twice may be luck. Thrice is skillz. Four times is OWNAGE.

That game was so fucking awesome, I couldn't stop laughing. First you going batshit insane with the suicide bombing, and then aj freaking out because of FFO and me talking shit :lol

Jtrizzy

Sorry, I know this is OT, but I bet someone will know the answer.

Is there a way to see how many PS3's you have activated your account on? (sharing etc)

TheFatOne

Raist said:
Once is lag. Twice may be lag. Thrice is luck. Four times is luck.

That game was so fucking awesome, I couldn't stop laughing. First you going batshit insane with the suicide bombing, and then aj freaking out because of FFO and me talking shit :lol

Yea that was fun then I got kicked out for being so awesome. I was so awesome that I didn't even get points for that match.

:lol, you guys are funny. GAFA seems so angry that GAFE wins so much while joking around. To be honest though, GAFE has a lot of strong players so that's why they win more...while joking. Must really hurt.

TheFatOne

Full Recovery said:
lyulf is good at losing.

Don't tell everyone my secret. I have a question for you sir. Would you like to taste my balls? BTW why did you quit?

CrushDance said:
:lol, you guys are funny. GAFA seems so angry that GAFE wins so much while joking around. To be honest though, GAFE has a lot of strong players so that's why they win more...while joking. Must really hurt.

I'm sorry but inferior GAF players shouldn't speak about things they know nothing about.

TheFatOne said:
Don't tell everyone my secret. I have a question for you sir. Would you like to taste my balls? BTW why did you quit?

I'm sorry but inferior GAF players shouldn't speak about things they know nothing about.
Come on, I play with GAF alot even though I have my own clan and I don't intend to insult anyone. But I'm only on high guard againt Lince,TTP, FFO, FullRecovery, Rapping Granny and some others I'm forgetting atm. I'm not saying GAFA sucks or is inferioi, but GAFE certainly has alot more "stronger" players and it's always hard against them.

Now watch all GAFA aim for me ingame >_>

TheFatOne

CrushDance said:
Come on, I play with GAF alot even though I have my own clan and I don't intend to insult anyone. But I'm only on high guard againt Lince,TTP, FFO, FullRecovery, Rapping Granny and some others I'm forgetting atm. I'm not saying GAFA sucks or is inferioi, but GAFE certainly has alot more "stronger" players and it's always hard against them.

:lol Your mine punk. I forgot to put an :lol at the end of the sentence. *Picks up his hit list adds CrushDance under AJ*

TheFatOne said:
:lol Your mine punk. I forgot to put an :lol at the end of the sentence. *Picks up his hit list adds CrushDance under AJ*
Bring it! I actually go easy in public games because I'm just that G :D

lunlunqq

Kittonwy said:
GG cj poly lunlunqq spartan we pwn3d those guyz.
Indifferent2.gif

haha, good games.

loved the trash talk before the game. made our domination so much sweeter.

also more ppl should accept the Pew Pew rifle as your personal savor. it will grant you eternal life in the heaven of awesome long-distance killings.

ChryZ

Jtrizzy said:
5 kills while cloaked in one game will earn you one ribbon, eight ribbons will unlock spot&mark.

10 sniper rifle kills in one game will earn you one ribbon, eight ribbons will unlock 5x zoom.

lunlunqq said:
haha, good games.

loved the trash talk before the game. made our domination so much sweeter.

also more ppl should accept the Pew Pew rifle as your personal savor. it will grant you eternal life in the heaven of awesome long-distance killings.

Yeah, its funny, I was playing pretty average before that. Then that dumbass called me out in the map select screen and it was on like popcorn. I must of shot his ass in the head like 10 times, lol!

Plus the kids trash talking was so average. He called me Tigger and asked where Winnie the Pooh was over and over. That is weaksauce IMHO. After the game, he didn't say a word! Classic!

Oh well, fun games tonight. My wife is out of school for now and she stays up later so I haven't been playing as much. I will try to get on earlier tomorrow!

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
Lince said:
this thread is full of sexual tension between GAFA and GAFe

They're already at it with each other. It's just that GAFa is permenantly getting rubber-ducked by GAFe, and they resent it. :p

Cagen

I'd love to play with GAFA more but most of the time the lag is unbearable, I had to quit last time though I did kill kitton a good number of times in the back, which made up for it.

CrushDance said:

I'm gunning for you, even if you are on my team for not mentioning me.

-viper-

Banned
Raist said:

u all fired

no U

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
Speaking of lag, is there any way I can reduce the delay between controller input, and the on-screen response? People have mentioned turning off the Cross Color Reduction option the XMB, but I don't see how that could possibly help, since it clearly lists it as an S-Video option. It sounds more like a placebo for the ignorant masses.

I've heard it's partly due to the use of V-Sync; have GG ever mentioned the potential for an option allowing you to turn this off (as with Bioshock)? This would make things much more fluid, and it's possible players would put up with the inevitable tearing for a performance boost.

Top Bottom