• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

KZObsessed

10dollas said:
Operation teabag ffo has failed :(. Teabagging you was suppose to stir up a desire to teabag me with the goal of you dying distracted over teabagging my corpse. thus we would be butt buddies in the grave.

Bacon, Bacon! Bacon? Where, who?

:lol

If only an admin read this thread so they could tag you with:

"FFO's butt buddy"

KZObsessed

Lince said:
:lol :lol

to name a few with you

- the way the game is meant to be played
- Ragen
- epic victory, let's tell GAF about this
- nom nom bacon nom nom
- medic gun show
- Spanish woman, talk to me
- Lince I thought I lost you
- let's make it one more time before you die
- glitching in Tharsis Depot at 5 am in the morning
- Michael Jackson duet
- GAF's hype train
- Italian high-speed swearing
- trying to kick some dudes in a game
- getting kicked and banned in that game

*sniff*

They were all so funny. I think my two favorites have to be "Spanish woman" I think I was laughing for about an hour non stop. :lol

And our magical early morning adventure outside the walls of Tharsis... until we found the pipes of dreams!

Honorable mention has to go to Medic Gun, nom nom Bacon, getting banned from a game after trying to ban someone else :lol

All of our greatest hits are awesome tho.

God bless KZ2.

Lince said:
:lol :lol

to name a few with you

- glitching in Tharsis Depot at 5 am in the morning

*sniff*

Please don't remind me. That was the first pissed off moment I had with the game lol. I couldn't progress due to the heavy guard cinematic freezing up.

KZObsessed

Digital-Hero said:
Please don't remind me. That was the first pissed off moment I had with the game lol. I couldn't progress due to the heavy guard cinematic freezing up.

Lince is refering to glitching outside the map boundaries on the Tharsis MP map and going on a magical adventure!

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Lince is refering to glitching outside the map boundaries on the Tharsis MP map and going on a magical adventure!

now that I saw your pic I'm jealous 10dollas wants to be your "butt" buddy.

:mad:

Facism

GAFe Hero-Kings win what was a close game with our decent and wholly skilled friends at AV Forums.

The game could have gone either way, and they had some lovely tactics outside of me helping them win S&D attack when i forgot i was HGH and sent a rocket into someone defusing. C&H was down to the last pixel, but i've got to say we cleaned up brilliantly in the final BC round, despite AVF having some real heavy hitters and sexual snipers in their squad.

Final next wednesday, lets win it so we can pester GG for prizes and other shit.

test_account

XP-39C²
Click said:
These exploits usually happen during clan games and not on public servers.
Clan games are usually 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, or something like that. They're almost never higher than 8v8. So people can exploit much easier this way.

With fewer players, base defenses are extremely hard to penetrate since the base bots are really hard to destroy and they do a lot of damage (not to mention, they're on a ~15 second respawn timer). Even if you get a spawn grenade or two inside their base, smart exploiters can simply run out and deliver the speaker, leaving your team screwed with at least 1 spawn grenade inside their base.

Like I've said before, all GG has to do is make the speaker automatically respawn if the carrier runs into their base. Simple as that.
Ye, that is true, with fewer players it is probably more easy to take bigger advantage of the Search & Retrieve mode, since then it is less people to stop you, so the enemy can just run out of the base and deliver the propaganda speaker as you say. At least you will get the propaganda speaker out of their base though, so there might be a chance to win the Search & Retrieve :) But the chances are probably smaller compared to if the enemy didnt camp in the base with the propaganda speaker thought, i agree. The game i played earlier were a 20 or 24 player game if i remember correctly.

Ye, i can see that people will take more advantage of these exploits in clan/tournament games when more is "at stake" (or what i shall say) compared to just a normal public game. I think it is a pity that some people dont play fair and take advantage of these exploits :\

Yep, it shouldnt be be able to bring the propaganda speaker in the base, or at least for not more than 5-10 seconds or so. In the Radec Academy level, one of the routes you can take (depending on which side the propaganda speaker is spawning on) is through your base. With 5-10 seconds i mean that it shouldnt be possible to just go outside the base and then back into the base to reset the 5-10 second counter, one person should be able to hold the propaganda speaker 5-10 second at max, or else it could still be easy to take advantage of this exploit. Unless it is possible to manually drop the propaganda speaker so another person could pick it up, is this possible? Radec Academy was the level that i played earlier when one guy camped in the base with the propaganda speaker by the way.

But if i should guess, i would guess that GG will have a some sort of fix for this Search & Retrieve exploit in the next Killzone 2 update, but we will see what happends :)

EDIT: I added some text.

icechai

wouldn't it be awesome if they could get the director of District 9 (Neill Blomkamp) to do a Killzone movie? Think stylistically it would go down a whole lot better than a lot of other franchises as its more about human relationships and the consequences of their actions (damn Rico).

icechai said:
wouldn't it be awesome if they could get the director of District 9 (Neill Blomkamp) to do a Killzone movie? Think stylistically it would go down a whole lot better than a lot of other franchises as its more about human relationships and the consequences of their actions (damn Rico).

Yea, both have the same style IMO.

That said, room created: GAF NO RR, FF ON. Jump in!! IM BORED!!! :D

Click

Banned
test_account said:
Yep, it shouldnt be be able to bring the propaganda speaker in the base, or at least for not more than 5-10 seconds or so. In the Radec Academy level, one of the routes you can take (depending on which side the propaganda speaker is spawning on) is through your base. With 5-10 seconds i mean that it shouldnt be possible to just go outside the base and then back into the base to reset the 5-10 second counter, or else it could still be easy to take advantage of this exploit. Radec Academy was the level that i played earlier when one guy camped in the base with the propaganda speaker by the way.

From my epic post:

"As for S&R, make it so that the speaker automatically respawns as soon as it reaches the carrier’s base. On a map like Radec Academy, where the speaker is underground and is so close to the base, tough shit. You don’t NEED to take it through your base. There is another route out of the tunnels."

You cannot fix the problem if you allow people ANY time inside the base.
Why? Because they can just keep going and out of the base to reset the timer over and over. Sure, they can't camp inside indefinitely, but they can still take advantage of base turrets and base respawning.

I've been playing as a sniper for a few days, awesome, so much anger against this class.

In any random room as soon as you start getting a flow of kills going people will start working together to get you killed. "Ok I got him, to the left, to the left." :D Fun.

oneHeero

Click said:
From my epic post:

"As for S&R, make it so that the speaker automatically respawns as soon as it reaches the carrier’s base. On a map like Radec Academy, where the speaker is underground and is so close to the base, tough shit. You don’t NEED to take it through your base. There is another route out of the tunnels."

Why? Because they can just keep going and out of the base to reset the timer over and over. Sure, they can't camp inside indefinitely, but they can still take advantage of base turrets and base respawning.

GG could make a invisible wall at any entrance to the base so that the speaker drops at the wall. I havent thought of a reason why it couldnt work.

I agree with FFObsessed's view on the games. Having fun while making the game work doesn't make any of us cocky, we're just enjoying ourselves.

Often times I'll put down my skills in a strange manner and then run off to cause pain for the other team. Or I'll catch some of the teabagging, suicide grenading, etc. and just laugh or shout what I just saw. Still, while doing such I try to maintain the edge of surprise and shoot-yo-face-betch.

Did GG fix the glitch in Tharsis Depot where people would go upstairs and jump on that giant metal box that's facing the ISA respawn point? Now they need to fix the glitch in Blood Gracht. Bastards hide behind the wall at the ISA respawn point and kill people.

-viper-

Banned
FFObsessed said:
I don't really like clan games as much as just playing with Lince/Cagen/Dez/AJ/Neg/Raist/Live/Chryz/TTP/RICK/BACON (nom nom nom) and some GAFA guys in random games.
WHERE AM I? :(

fail.jpg

test_account

XP-39C²
Click said:
From my epic post:

Ye, but arent there just two ways out of the tunnels, one is through the base and one is up a ladder? I think it is like this at least, but if it is like this, if the enemy throws a spawn point very close to that ladder location, it can result to be near impossible to get up that ladder if the enemy is shooting and throwing grenade at this ladder :\

Click said:
Couldnt it be possible to make it a 5-10 second timer that doesnt reset if you go in and out of the base? When you first enter your base, then a counter starts, which doesnt reset if you go in and out of the base, but the counter will stop as soon as you go out of the base :) Unless it is possible to manually drop the propaganda speaker so another person on the same team can pick it up though, i havnt thought about if that is possible.

oneHeero said:
GG could make a invisible wall at any entrance to the base so that the speaker drops at the wall. I havent thought of a reason why it couldnt work.
Ye, that might be a solution as well :) But this might cause trouble in the Radec Academy map though, since i think then you are only left with one route out of the tunnel if you cant take the propaganda speaker into the base :\

10dollas

Banned
Lince said:
now that I saw your pic I'm jealous 10dollas wants to be your "butt" buddy.

:mad:

There's room for another. Remember: two holes are available.

Well of course the Europeans aren't cocky. Anyone who's played with them would think the absolute opposite. It's just fun forum banter.

tiddles

Click said:
They're probably too traumatized and don't want to play with GAF'fers anymore. :lol

Seriously, they should make a "regular" Warzone game with everything left on default and invite only GAF players to play against them. We'll show them the game they created in all of its unbalanced glory. It doesn't even take more than 2 "good" Assault players and everyone else Engineers, with a good Tactician or two, to turn this game into a completely mindless clusterfuck. It would be so satisfying to frustrate GG over and over with their own game design decisions.

Come on, GG. Set it up someday. All we need is 1-2 hours of default Warzone games to really show them what most players have to put up with on a daily basis and why some of us complain as much as we do.

Speaking for myself, I doubt I would stand a chance against most of you, given the hours you put in! Personally I've always played the game with Assaults and Engineers the way they are, so I'm used to it - a good Assault or Engineer should be able to own in the situations those classes are suited to, the game is designed that way...

Fortunately most people you meet on public servers aren't as good as that. Surely you guys are good enough to deal with most Assaults and Engineers anyway, right? :D I really miss rockets in the majority of servers that apparently have them turned off these days - it's not quite Killzone for me without rockets whizzing past your ears...

What I do prefer, however, is to play 16 player games rather than the full 32, which personally I find is too many for most of the maps. 32 can be fun but gets tiring very quickly imho.

Click

Banned
test_account said:
Ye, but arent there just two ways out of the tunnels, one is through the base and one is up a ladder? I think it is like this at least, but if it is like this, if the enemy throws a spawn point very close to that ladder location, it can result to be near impossible to get up that ladder if the enemy is shooting and throwing grenade at this ladder :\

The only ways out of the tunnels is to go up the ladderS. One leads into one side's base. The other leads to the middle section of the map.

Like I said, tough shit. There's 1 way out if using the method I suggested. If they want to throw spawn grenades there and cause a clusterfuck, then so be it. Neither team is going to get far with the speaker this way anyway. Plus, I'd much rather having a tough time getting the speaker out of its spawn on 1 map, than for clans to be able to exploit an entire game mode for all maps.

On another hand, what's keeping GG from changing the speaker spawn to outside the tunnels? If they wanted to, they can easily make the speaker spawn elsewhere (like on the 2nd floor of that middle area). There are many ways to fix the S&R exploit. All it takes is some brainstorming and a bit of coding on GG's part.

Click

Banned
tiddles said:
Speaking for myself, I doubt I would stand a chance against most of you, given the hours you put in! Personally I've always played the game with Assaults and Engineers the way they are, so I'm used to it - a good Assault or Engineer should be able to own in the situations those classes are suited to, the game is designed that way...

Fortunately most people you meet on public servers aren't as good as that. Surely you guys are good enough to deal with most Assaults and Engineers anyway, right? :D I really miss rockets in the majority of servers that apparently have them turned off these days - it's not quite Killzone for me without rockets whizzing past your ears...

What I do prefer, however, is to play 16 player games rather than the full 32, which personally I find is too many for most of the maps. 32 can be fun but gets tiring very quickly imho.

Yeah, most GG employees would probably get owned by a lot of us "vets."
Except for maybe some people in the QA team that's probably played this game more than even myself and other "top players."

I've already explained why Engineers and Assault (as well as their weapons) are broken and overpowered. Sure, we are "good enough to deal with" Engineers and Assaults but just because they can be killed doesn't mean they're not overpowered. It also doesn't mean that the way they kill people aren't cheap and doesn't cause frustration for most players playing against them.

It'd be much easier for us to SHOW you guys at GG than to try and describe it to you here. Getting constantly 1-shotted by players spamming rockets or 1-shotted by camping Engineers with their magnetic aim shotguns becomes tiring and annoying after a while. It takes little skill and almost no thought to play as those classes.

Also, like I said, if I really wanted to be cheap, I'd just use Assault with med packs and pick up a SMG/M82/shotgun/whatever and dominate everyone. How? Because I'd have 100-140% more health than all non-Assault classes almost all the time.

test_account

XP-39C²
Click said:
The only ways out of the tunnels is to go up the ladderS. One leads into one side's base. The other leads to the middle section of the map.
Thanks for the confirmation, that is what i thought :) I was thinking of the ladder that doesnt lead up to your base.

Click said:
Like I said, tough shit. There's 1 way out if using the method I suggested. If they want to throw spawn grenades there and cause a clusterfuck, then so be it. Neither team is going to get far with the speaker this way anyway. Plus, I'd much rather having a tough time getting the speaker out of its spawn on 1 map, than for clans to be able to exploit an entire game mode for all maps.
Ye, but dont you think that having a timer on the propaganda speaker inside the base is a good solution that will solve the problems? :) Having a timer on the propaganda speaker, in this way you will still have 2 routes to go, and you will remove the possiblity to take advantage of the exploit to camp inside your base for more than 5-10 second, even if you leave the base and enter it again. I am no programmer myself, but i think it should be possible to make a timer on the propaganda speaker if you are inside your base for longer than 5-10 seconds and that the timer wont reset if you leave your base and the enter it again at once :)

Click said:
On another hand, what's keeping GG from changing the speaker spawn to outside the tunnels? If they wanted to, they can easily make the speaker spawn elsewhere (like on the 2nd floor of that middle area). There are many ways to fix the S&R exploit. All it takes is some brainstorming and a bit of coding on GG's part.
Yep, to move the propaganda speaker to those locations would also be a good solution, since then you have alternative ways to go as well :)

EDIT: I added some text.

Kittonwy

Banned
Got to go out for a bit, gg motherfuckers, it was great playing with Lince, FFObsessed, Maggot (finally on my side team-killin) and Shagg (snipin on Salamun lolz). Welcome back to the game bob, and various gaf crew.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
Brannon said:
Could somebody invite me to GAFA?

PSN = Reisadan

Not sure if I have room right now I'll check but we really would like people who are going to play regularly, people sign up and then disappear for a few weeks and the rest of the guyz get lonely.
Indifferent2.gif

KZObsessed

Kittonwy said:
Got to go out for a bit, gg motherfuckers, it was great playing with Lince, FFObsessed, Maggot (finally on my side team-killin) and Shagg (snipin on Salamun lolz). Welcome back to the game bob, and various gaf crew.
Indifferent2.gif

Yeah good game. Quite laggy for a poor European like me, but had fun. And we won!

AzRim904 said:
I hate you FFO and your shotgun... :D

I think I blasted you through a window at one point :lol

Good game, you got me a few times.

KZObsessed

10dollas said:
There's room for another. Remember: two holes are available.

Well of course the Europeans aren't cocky. Anyone who's played with them would think the absolute opposite. It's just fun forum banter.

What kind of weird "butt" do you think I have? :lol

You know what, lets end this discussion right here. :p

Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif

:lol I am seriously in love with the sniper. I had a very bad luck though for I got disconnected 3 times :/

dazed808

Just had my 3rd disconnect in as many hours, thought patches are meant to fix shit like this but it seems to be getting progressively worse.
Lyulf, well what can I say other than I pity the fools who get on the wrong side of you.Fucking hilarious mate, always a pleasure to squad up with you, just wish there wasn't so much lag for me on the US servers and I may be of more use in games.

oneHeero

I'm def up for a GAFE vs GAFA.

We should practice and have thew game this weekend. We should leave the challenge and send the challenge saturday or sunday depending on how many BOTH clans have on. If not more than 6v6 we postpone it instead of playing low numbers.

I also prefer we play with regular settings minus assault/rocket launcher, change the timings to suit modes better and the map being Saluman Market as that seems to be the favorite of GAF.

I'm definitely down if GAFA is down, if your up for it GAF, the higher tiered players should send me a PSN.

I dont want to exclude people, but this would be a competitive game and the team probably should be picked instead of just whoever is on.

I dont mind being the one who chooses as long as the people in GAFA wanna play send me a PSN to show me how serious they could be.

TheFatOne

dazed808 said:
Just had my 3rd disconnect in as many hours, thought patches are meant to fix shit like this but it seems to be getting progressively worse.
Lyulf, well what can I say other than I pity the fools who get on the wrong side of you.Fucking hilarious mate, always a pleasure to squad up with you, just wish there wasn't so much lag for me on the US servers and I may be of more use in games.

Yea that was fun man. No one team kills the ultimate team killer :lol

TeTr1C

Aaaahhhh.... the rocket launcher has been pissing me off all night. 8 v 8 on radec academy and half of their team plays as the fucking assault class, and we get demolished. It's bullshit.

Something certainly needs to be done with the class, but I don't know what. Lessening to the damage of the rocket launcher to where it would require two rockets to kill them is kinda stupid, but getting killed by one rocket all the time is annoying as shit. They don't need that, AND boost, AND regenerating health though, I know that for damn sure.

Now I guess I'm limited to playing "no rkt" servers only.

Zen

Banned
Remove assault all together and give the boost ability to the default class with an absurd cooldown.

Or reduce the AOE for rockets? I don't really have very good ideas.

Click

Banned
TeTr1C said:
Aaaahhhh.... the rocket launcher has been pissing me off all night. 8 v 8 on radec academy and half of their team plays as the fucking assault class, and we get demolished. It's bullshit.

Bu bu but, Tiddles and others at GG love using it and feel it's perfectly fine, along with the Assault class. Therefore, it'll remain in the game because the developers see no reason to change anything or take any class/weapon completely out of the game.

TeTr1C said:
Something certainly needs to be done with the class, but I don't know what. Lessening to the damage of the rocket launcher to where it would require two rockets to kill them is kinda stupid, but getting killed by one rocket all the time is annoying as shit. They don't need that, AND boost, AND regenerating health though, I know that for damn sure.

Zen said:
Remove assault all together and give the boost ability to the default class with an absurd cooldown.

DING DING DING! We have a winner! You deserve an e-cookie.
That's exactly what should be done about Assault and rocket/grenade launchers.
Take that shit out of this game, completely. The class and its weapons are FUBAR'd. Broken and overpowered piece of shit class & weapons that ruins the game for a large portion of KZ2 players.

TeTr1C said:
Now I guess I'm limited to playing "no rkt" servers only.

That's pretty much what a lot of players have resorted to.

TheFatOne

Dementia said:

:lol This guy was team killing our entire team for no reason. We were doing well in the beginning then he thought it would be funny to team kill everyone and sabotage us. He laughed and was saying some other shit to us. Pro tip do not purposefully team kill when I am on you team I will make you regret it.

Dementia

TheFatOne said:
:lol This guy was team killing our entire team for no reason. We were doing well in the beginning then he thought it would be funny to team kill everyone and sabotage us. He laughed and was saying some other shit to us. Pro tip do not purposefully team kill when I am on you team I will make you regret it.
Haha, well I only team killed you because you TK me the game before when I was the assassination target. you bastard.:lol

So wait, are you talking about that guy yesterday who was team killing all the GAF players on Tharsis? If so, that was funny as shit, especially because we still managed to kick the other teams ass.

FFObsessed said:
We're not "cocky" at all, we just joke around and have fun.

10dollars and Lyulf always t-bag me after killing me and AJ always joins my game/team and begins punching me in the face for a few mins. Always makes me laugh. :lol

I love playing with kitton as he's as determined as me to win every round. Makes it fun. I don't really like clan games as much as just playing with Lince/Cagen/Dez/AJ/Neg/Raist/Live/Chryz/TTP/Viper/RICK/BACON (nom nom nom) and some GAFA guys in random games. We just have a laugh at the same time as trying to win every round. Clan games are too serious... as evidenced by the meltdowns :lol And who wins is just determined by who plays. I've only played in 1 of them I think... oh and 1 against GAF East where we lost on points I think? Can't remember.

I think someone's just feeling left out as they Rage-Quitted their entire clan for not being serious enough :lol

No love for CJ. I see how it is, lol!

Top Bottom