• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Click

Banned
Oh yeah, here's an avatar I made a while ago, before I realized how amateur GG was as a game design development team.
If anyone wants to use it for GAF, feel free to do so:

GGLogoSilverFlash.gif

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
BruceLeeRoy said:
Awesome.gif
So ridiculous.
Yeah they have the best lighting on consoles. Crazy stuff.
Im playing the SP again and i still cant believe how good it looks and plays.

TheFatOne

Click said:
Oh yeah, here's an avatar I made a while ago, before I realized how amateur GG was as a game design development team.
If anyone wants to use it for GAF, feel free to do so:

GGLogoSilverFlash.gif

Don't mind if I do. BTW Click I have been meaning to ask you something. You want to help me out with spawn points? I am trying to figure out where are the best places in the different maps, and since you were our best tact I thought about asking you.

Firewire

Banned
Click said:

Shit dude, now I feel like trolling Resistance 2 but wait, that shit died ages ago.

KZObsessed

Fersis dies a little inside whenever someone trolls R2. Don't do that to him!

I just need 9000 more points for top rank. *phew* I've caught up to Lince but he's still ahead.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
FFObsessed said:
Fersis dies a little inside whenever someone trolls R2. Don't do that to him!

I just need 9000 more points for top rank. *phew* I've caught up to Lince but he's still ahead.
Its not the R2 trolling that kills me, its the fact that no one can like two games of the same genre... Street Fighter OR The King of Fighters, Resistance or Call of Duty, KZ2 or Halo,
Prototype or inFAMOUS.
Looks like if you like a game YOU HAVE to bash another. :/

Click

Banned
TheFatOne said:
Don't mind if I do. BTW Click I have been meaning to ask you something. You want to help me out with spawn points? I am trying to figure out where are the best places in the different maps, and since you were our best tact I thought about asking you.

First of all, you need to learn how to toss the spawn grenade in such a way so that when you and your team respawns, they won't be flanked from the sides or from behind. So always try to throw the grenades towards a wall. The more sides the wall has, the better.

Time and space your grenades out. I don't have a stop clock or anything when I play Tact, but I've played it so much, I developed an innate ability to estimate quite precisely when the grenades are about to fizzle out. Try to hide somewhere close to where you want to throw your next spawn grenade, prior to when you think your first grenade will run out, so you don't die and have to run back to that spot again.

Sometimes it's good to NOT respawn so you can keep track of which spawns are up. Meaning, if you have 2 spawns up already just look at your respawn map and respawn as soon as 1 of your grenades run out. This is a good way to regain your "rotation" if you've lost track of your grenade timing

Knowing when your spawn grenades are about to run out is very important great Tacticians need to constantly keep track of. This is what generally separates a mediocre / good Tact from a "great" one. You need to constantly have 2 spawn grenades going unless...

Unless it's time for a new mode to begin. In which case, you should save a grenade for that new location. I generally only have 1 spawn grenade up for Assassination because they don't last long.

Then of course, you need to know where good spawn spots are for every map and every mode. This comes with a lot of practice and experience. Experiment with different spots until you find your favorite spots to throw your spawn grenades out. I have specific spots for all maps and game modes that I PREFER to toss grenades at. However....

It's important to be able to adapt to the playstyle and spawn grenades of the OTHER team. If they have a spawn out, try to find out which direction they are facing when respawning. Then place your grenade behind the direction they are facing so you and your team can easily flank them when they respawn. If you and your team is always facing their back, they need to turn around and waste their 2 second invincibility advantage, while you still have yours.

During Cap & Hold, try not to place your spawn grenade near another team's spawn grenade. If they have an area locked down, move to another Cap area and throw your grenade there. Doing this will usually help your team win Cap & Hold, unless of course, the other team also has a great Tact and is able to keep 2 spawns at 2 different locations at all times. Which then requires your team to have more skills in order to win in this game mode.

During S&R, I try to put 1 spawn near each of drop off areas (defense and offense). You need to keep both up so that your team has options to either defend or attack. This could be difficult on certain maps because you need to somehow make it back and forth, without getting killed.

Boost should always be your secondary skill, because you know, Boost is fucking broken and overpowered. It gets you to where you need to be as a Tactician as quickly as possible. If Boost isn't available, well, then use whatever secondary you like / are good with. I prefer med packs and C4 if Assault is turned off.

Finally, you cannot be afraid to die or worry about your K/D ratio too much. A great Tactician needs to be suicidal. You have to rush into an enemy's stronghold constantly and like I've said in another post before, GG was retarded for making you pop up on enemy radar when you throw a grenade out. Therefore, you will most likely be outnumbered if you're doing your "job" correctly. However, being suicidal doesn't mean you need to play like a retard and constantly die for no reason, lol.

Well, there's probably a few more things I forgot to mention, but these are basically all the important things you need to be able to do in order to become a great Tactician.

KZObsessed

I like many games in the same genre. It's just sometimes people can only buy 1 and want to convince themselves they've made the right choice or that their opinion is the right one. In R2's case I think it's just genuine disappointment in the game. Rather than having to bash it due to liking something else. I still LOVE R:FOM despite loving KZ2 as well.

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:

what? you trailed me by 10k or something not so long ago, oh come on you play way too much :lol

Fersis

FFObsessed said:
I like many games in the same genre. It's just sometimes people can only buy 1 and want to convince themselves they've made the right choice or that their opinion is the right one. In R2's case I think it's just genuine disappointment in the game. Rather than having to bash it due to liking something else. I still LOVE R:FOM despite loving KZ2 as well.
You know what? I think that im a casual.. :/
I think that im not hardcore anymore, i dont care about sales,console wars,exclusivities or anything like that.Just fun, thats what i care... so inFAMOUS has popin ?I dont care its FUN
Killzone 2 MP has balance issues? Yeah,i play against bots its FUN....
Casual > Hardcore :mad:

KZObsessed

Lince said:
what? you trailed me by 10k or something not so long ago, oh come on you play way too much :lol

Says the guy who has played it a 100 hours more than me! Enjoy your cookies... I hope you choke on them!

:lol 2200 points behind I think. You'll get to 100k first tho I'm sure.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Fersis said:
You know what? I think that im a casual.. :/
I think that im not hardcore anymore, i dont care about sales,console wars,exclusivities or anything like that.Just fun, thats what i care... so inFAMOUS has popin ?I dont care its FUN
Killzone 2 MP has balance issues? Yeah,i play against bots its FUN....
Casual > Hardcore :mad:
You're not casual, you're just not jaded.

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Says the guy who has played it a 100 hours more than me! Enjoy your cookies... I hope you choke on them!

:lol 2200 points behind I think. You'll get to 100k first tho I'm sure.

if I played 100 hours more than you and we are roughly with the same points that means I'm a pussy and you the real Killzone King? I meanfhdferkedfdfd *chokes on cookies*

Click

Banned
RoboPlato said:
You're not casual, you're just not jaded.

No, Fersis is a casual player.

Lince said:
if I played 100 hours more than you and we are roughly with the same points that means I'm a pussy and you the real Killzone King? I meanfhdferkedfdfd *chokes on cookies*

I'd whoop both of you n00bs, easily. :D

KZObsessed

Lince said:

Lince noooooooooooo!

I'll call you an ambulance...

NEE NAW NEE NAW NEE NAW! :lol

And actually it's only 80 hours! So you're still the King!

KZObsessed

Click said:
No, Fersis is a casual player.

I'd whoop both of you n00bs, easily. :D

You know a best of GAF A+e clan I'm sure would dominate this game easily if we were organised.... shame about the time zones.

Click

Banned
FFObsessed said:
You know a best of GAF A+e clan I'm sure would dominate this game easily if we were organised.... shame about the time zones.

Time zones isn't the problem. In fact, it's a pro rather than a con that we can play on opposite times of the day.... if there was a merge.

What the real shame is the massive amount of flaws in MP and clan games. Clan games could be a lot of fun and get very intense. But due to exploits, lag, glitching, and every other complaint we've listed time and again, it's pointless to be competitive clan in this game.

Just watched the new MP map trailer for the first time.

Looks awesome, not that I didn't expect that though.

*words in the wind*Single Player DLC, GG, Single Player DLC*wind subsides*
EDIT::lol Where did the gif in your title come from Click?

Cagen

Click said:
Time zones isn't the problem. In fact, it's a pro rather than a con that we can play on opposite times of the day.... if there was a merge.

What the real shame is the massive amount of flaws in MP and clan games. Clan games could be a lot of fun and get very intense. But due to exploits, lag, glitching, and every other complaint we've listed time and again, it's pointless to be competitive clan in this game.

The time zones would be a problem if we were going to make a "best of" clan to compete seriously but as you, I and many others have stated competitive clan play in this game is a joke.

Click

Banned
I'll explain it in a PM.

But basically, it has to do with a certain anonymous mod having a problem with my posts regarding the 24/7 anti-Christianity / anti-religion bashing going on in the "Off-topic" section.
So he/she thought it'd be cool/funny to give me tags, misrepresenting my position on the issues.

test_account

XP-39C²
Cagen said:
Any map with intermittent environmental hazards is, in my opinion, awful. However, that doesn't seem to be the consensus as a lot of gaffers, for reasons unknown, enjoy Wasteland Bullet which not only houses intermittent environmental hazards, is also a horribly designed map.
The enviormental hazards in the Wasteland Bullet map arent really that "dangerous" (or what i shall say though, at least in my opinion :) I mean, these envoirmental hazards are dangerous in the way that they kill you at once if you get hit by them, but they arent really that dangerous in the way that it shoould be relatively easy to avoid them.

After the "poles" (or what they are) between the trains have passed, it will take something like 10 seconds (i think?) before they next poles comes, which should be enough time to jump between the two trains without getting hit by the poles. The lights in the roof moves at one line if i am not mistaken, and once you know where this line goes, it shouldnt be too hard to avoid the lights.

But sure, in a middle of a fire fight it might now always be easy to pay attention the enviormental hazards, and another hazard is to jump too short so you will fall between the trains. The envoirmental hazards in the Wasteland Bullet map might also have looked more annoying in the gameplay trailer as well, but in general the envoirmental hazards in the Wasteland Bullet map shouldnt be too hard to avoid, at least in my opinion :)

But i understand if someone doesnt like enviormental hazards in maps, i am not a huge fan of enviormental hazards myself, but i think that the evoirmental hazards in the Wasteland Bullet map worked out ok at least :) And i am looking forward to see out how the nuke envoirmental hazard will work out. I think that it looked pretty cool in the gameplay trailer at least :)

I would guess the nuke in the new map wont be too hard to avoid either. Maybe it is possible to see when it comes several of seconds in advance or something, but we will see how it turns out :)

EDIT: I added some text.

Kittonwy

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Fun game last night guys :lol But yeh the team stacking is bullshit. It was even at the start then everyone just joined one side. They should only let ppl choose sides at the beginning after that it should auto balance on every game. It wont change stacking of teams at the beginning but at last you can shout at ppl to change sides. urgh so many small issues that stop this game being as good as it should be. Had fun last night tho! Was hilarious.

:lol Yes, this happened!

That's a freakin disgrace.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
cjtiger300 said:
Sorry for my recent absence guys. My wife has been staying up later, so I am not on as much (plus the awesome inFAMOUS demo). I should be able to get on tonight in a bit, so some of you bastards better be on!

I haven't been on either but I've been busy, I expect everybody in GAFA to be better at this game when I get back tonight.
Indifferent2.gif

careful

We've been complaining about team balancing/stacking from the time the game was released. If stacking is still permitted in the upcoming patch, I might not come back at all regardless of what else is in there. This is one of my biggest issues with the game and I can see absolutely no logic whatsoever behind this design decision.

Bajan32

Man i dunno, I love playing this game online..
Ive had shitty days & sweet days,
Awful games & awesome games,
Stupid teammates & super teammates..

I Fucking love playing w/ GAF.. but a lot of people playing this game are so retarded.
I hate the team stacking, and the spawn camping and all the other dumb shit that goes on in KZ2....

BUT... ALL OF THAT IS FAR OUTWEIGHED BY THE MAJORITY OF AWESOMENESS =D

Again playng with the gaffers make this game even sweeter, i wish i was as good as some of you guys lol.
Just a heads up, when inFAMOUS comes out i wont be around for a few days for sure lol.

Oh and why like 2 months later i find myself really enjoying being a sniper.
Tact will be my main always but oh shit sniping is fun lol.

oneHeero

Bajan32 said:

I Fucking love playing w/ GAF.. but a lot of people playing this game are so retarded.
I hate the team stacking, and the spawn camping and all the other dumb shit that goes on in KZ2....

Again playng with the gaffers make this game even sweeter, i wish i was as good as some of you guys lol.
Just a heads up, when inFAMOUS comes out i wont be around for a few days for sure lol.

Love playing with you too, always can depend on you being on so I always have someone to play with lol.

Wollan

If you haven't done so already, download the two part Killzone 2 making of on the PS Store.

They're like, the best commercial this game could have.

TheFatOne

Click said:
Knowledge....

Thanks for all the info I really appreciate it.

Bajan32 said:

Yes feels good to give someone a nickname.:lol

I'm so happy Beach Head and Southern Hills are coming to KZ2. Those were the two best maps in the game. Canyon needs to be there, too.

Park is welcome, too.

Dirtbag

SHOTGUN / TURRETS / SHOTGUN / TURRETS / SHOTGUN / TURRETS / SHOTGUN / TURRETS / SHOTGUN / TURRETS / SHOTGUN / TURRETS / SHOTGUN / TURRETS / SHOTGUN / TURRETS /

Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.

This game is SHIT

It takes like typically 2 hours just to find a game that stays balanced for a full match.
how frustrated... SOOOO frustrated.

10dollas

Banned
Has there been a stream of clusterfuck games tonight? Is that why Gaf members are all of a sudden flooding this thread with complaints?

TheFatOne

Dirtbag said:
SHOTGUN / TURRETS / SHOTGUN / TURRETS / SHOTGUN / TURRETS / SHOTGUN / TURRETS / SHOTGUN / TURRETS / SHOTGUN / TURRETS / SHOTGUN / TURRETS / SHOTGUN / TURRETS /

Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.

This game is SHIT

It takes like typically 2 hours just to find a game that stays balanced for a full match.
how frustrated... SOOOO frustrated.

Well it's because your an xbot. Sony recognizes xbots on their system so they make it harder to play their games sorry xbot you lose.

Dirtbag

10dollas said:
Has there been a stream of clusterfuck games tonight? Is that why Gaf members are all of a sudden flooding this thread with complaints?

its been the past week for me, every time I've attempted to play, its been radically unbalanced teams, where the small team spends most of their spawns trying to destroy enemy turrets.

I almost broke a controller just now.

Top Bottom