• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

EazyB

Banned
SSM25 said:
I'm going to try it, does halo 2 run on the 360?
It's a new map for Halo 3 in the $10 Mythic map pack. Really amazing map because it's completely customizable and they have several variants in matchmaking right now and continue to get more from the community. The brute chopper, grav lift, AR, and two handed needler aren't even in Halo 2 by the way :p

And speaking of DLC, and trying to get the thread back on topic, the new maps look sweet even though I don't like catastrophic environmental hazards. That said everytime I throw killzone in I can't seem to enjoy myself. There's always something that just turns me off and makes it really easy to throw in another game. The game disparately needs a patch to address both the mechanics and balance of the game and until that is done avoiding the DLC will continue to be very easy.

KZObsessed

Yeah, sorry about your team quitting during the game. Don't know why people would quit during the second round, even if it looks like you're going to lose it. You can still comeback.

Good games tonight anyway.

Dirtbag said:
its been the past week for me, every time I've attempted to play, its been radically unbalanced teams, where the small team spends most of their spawns trying to destroy enemy turrets.

I almost broke a controller just now.

Same here, I keep trying to get back to this broken ass game. If next week's patch doesn't at least adress one of the many shitty problems, I am going to trade this game in.

TheFatOne

Rapping Granny said:
Same here, I keep trying to get back to this broken ass game. If next week's patch doesn't at least adress one of the many shitty problems, I am going to trade this game in.

Listening to you rage quit was awesome

SuperSonic1305 said:
So I finally decided to start single player.

GARZA, TEMPLAR, EVELYN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCK YOU GUERRILLA GAMES
It's funny but I never got even slightly attached to the characters. I did like the lines "187 on that motherfucking hig" and "we punch in, smash everything that moves... then we punch out" from Rico, but he could have died a horrible death with orchestral music swooning and it wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest. Worse yet, I never felt even slightly attached to the character that I was actually playing. Sev was like a big pile of vacuum, and Killzone 2 SP on the whole was average. Thankfully the MP was great, although I haven't put all that much time into it.

endlessflood said:
It's funny but I never got even slightly attached to the characters. I did like the lines "187 on that motherfucking hig" and "we punch in, smash everything that moves... then we punch out" from Rico, but he could have died a horrible death with orchestral music swooning and it wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest. Worse yet, I never felt even slightly attached to the character that I was actually playing. Sev was like a big pile of vacuum, and Killzone 2 SP on the whole was average. Thankfully the MP was great, although I haven't put all that much time into it.

I guess you never played either of the other 2 killzone games.

icechai

Kittonwy said:
I haven't been on either but I've been busy, I expect everybody in GAFA to be better at this game when I get back tonight.
Indifferent2.gif

i really haven't been on, until some more patching goes on, it almost feels like its not worth it when there's other games around (like infamous :p)

Lince

Banned
Dirtbag said:
SHOTGUN / TURRETS / SHOTGUN / TURRETS / SHOTGUN / TURRETS / SHOTGUN / TURRETS / SHOTGUN / TURRETS / SHOTGUN / TURRETS / SHOTGUN / TURRETS / SHOTGUN / TURRETS /

Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.Uneven teams.

This game is SHIT

It takes like typically 2 hours just to find a game that stays balanced for a full match.
how frustrated... SOOOO frustrated.

:lol

oh man so true, at least we won that game against the crazy Italians guys (shotgun/turrets/m4 abusers). Sorry I couldn't do much to help GAF winning, it was 4 AM over here and too sleepy to kill anything it seems. Good games though, a shame your team mates abandoned you in that last game.

a party system should have been there from the start, it's highly unlikely that some organized group of players would quit a game like that, random players are a different story... they will just look for that idiotic 1,5x multiplier elsewhere if they're losing a game, just one of the terrible design decisions that are making KZ2 mp self-destruct.

RavenFox

Banned
Fersis said:
Wow, that look amazing. (And more interesting than the first DLC)
Sadly too expensive for me so i pass.
Wait you own a PS3 and play video games but cannot afford to spend $6.00? Give me a break dude. Free is better but you shouldn't be crying about $6 map packs in this day and age of gaming.

RavenFox said:
Wait you own a PS3 and play video games but cannot afford to spend $6.00? Give me a break dude. Free is better but you shouldn't be crying about $6 map packs in this day and age of gaming.

:lol It cracks me up when people complain about $6 bucks. Fersis do you live under a freeway overpass? Go start a lemonade stand.

That might have been a little mean.

KZObsessed

BruceLeeRoy said:
:lol It cracks me up when people complain about $6 bucks. Fersis do you live under a freeway overpass? Go start a lemonade stand.

Fersis doesn't really like the game online bless him. So $6 just to play them offline with bots is probably a bit too much.

Dirtbag

^^FFO you should change your avatar to a turret

I'm not sweating 6 bucks, but I think both maps are crap... and given the way they were rolled out, will not buy another DLC pack for this game.
Eye candy, but ultimately crap maps to play on.
I really don't understand why they don't just make a few maps along the lines of helghan industries and salumn market.

Lince

Banned
Dirtbag said:
I really don't understand why they don't just make a few maps along the lines of helghan industries and salumn market.

because we're all wrong, the game was meant to be played in 32 retard groups on small maps without open spaces and rocket boosting shit everywhere, at 8 frames per second and with a lag that could make the planet spin backwards. Just have a look at the official tournament (promptly won by GAFe) they held last month.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
RavenFox said:
I live on South America and i dont have a credit card....
You know how much KZ2 cost me ? More than 90 bucks..

BruceLeeRoy said:

I do have a lemon tree after all ....

FFObsessed said:
Fersis doesn't really like the game online bless him. So $6 just to play them offline with bots is probably a bit too much.
Yeah pretty much, i dont like KZ2 online without you guys. So yeah $6 to play against bots its a little too much :3

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Thrakier said:
Because he can make his own lemonade! FERSISNADE! Similar to GRENADE! Just more TASTY!
And with happle juice !

I like KZ2 ,in fact it has the best FPS SP i ever played. It just that right now the online its not fun to me.
I like to play KZ2 online just to hangout wih GAFe.

VNZ

Kuroyume said:
Whoever made the engineer class needs to stay away from Killzone 3.
Correction: whoever was the multiplayer lead designer needs to stay the hell away from the industry.

TheFatOne

You know what I have been wanting to do in this game I want to make a rockets only game :lol The last rockets only game was a ton of fun. I think I will make one tonight if anyone is interested.

Fuck it guys. I won't be able to play KZ2 anymore for a while, or even have time on the PC to get on GAF. My shitty family is messed up beyond belief.

Just when things were getting better *Sigh*

/Legendary KZ2 player out.

.GqueB.

Banned
CrushDance said:
Fuck it guys. I won't be able to play KZ2 anymore for a while, or even have time on the PC to get on GAF. My shitty family is messed up beyond belief.

Pedophile uncle discovered, I know it... happens in every family.

Youll power through.

Kittonwy

Banned
CrushDance said:

See u back soon.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
TheFatOne said:
You know what I have been wanting to do in this game I want to make a rockets only game :lol The last rockets only game was a ton of fun. I think I will make one tonight if anyone is interested.

That's crazy.
Indifferent2.gif

Got my first airbot ribbon after god knows how long I've been playing this game. Seven moar to go.
angry.gif

watching this thread is like watching a guy going on a fling with an incredibly hot, incredibly STD-ridden babe.

you're gonna bitch and complain about having something very itchy and rashy in your future, but damned if you aint gonna tap that ass every night for the next month.

Fuck yeah, those maps look so good. Too bad I wanted Park Terminal....maybe next pack GG? :D KZ1 one of my most played MP games last gen and KZ2 this gen (and KZL most played PSP game). KEEP IT UP GG! :D

10dollas

Banned
WretchedTruman said:
watching this thread is like watching a guy going on a fling with an incredibly hot, incredibly STD-ridden babe.

you're gonna bitch and complain about having something very itchy and rashy in your future, but damned if you aint gonna tap that ass every night for the next month.

Yeah, this guy is on to something. I dropped this hoe at the corner before retrieving any extra goodies. Can't say the same thing about the rest here :D.

kitch9

Banned
I've got the new map pack, but how do I search for a game playing them? I've spent my money and can't find anybody playing them for the past couple of weeks?

Kittonwy

Banned
Click said:
So sad...

Why so sad? I'm happy I got my first ribbon.

Seriously, my complaints about R2 were posted months ago, you've been trying to get back at me for weeks now, time to get over it. I thought everyone in the clan treated you with respect when you were with the GAF clan. You said KZ2 was a flawed game and explained your reasoning, you quoted your own list of complaints multiple times, I respected your opinion and decision to move on, you're a very good player but hell you just fucking turn on people.

Indifferent2.gif

SuperSonic1305 said:
I guess you never played either of the other 2 killzone games.
I don't have a PSP, but I've played both Killzone and Killzone 2.
Templar wasn't a bad character in the first game and I guess I was sorry to see him go for old time's sake, but even that feeling was fleeting. Let's face it, he was just window dressing in Killzone 2. Without a meaningful story there can't be meaningful characters, and I was very disappointed with that aspect of Killzone 2 :(

Might as well ask this here too;

Hey guys, I just recently hooked up my old Panasonic 5.1 DTS Surround Sound system that hasn't been used for years and while it has been working great with all my blu-rays and other PS3 games, I just can't get it to work with Killzone 2.

I have the PS3 hooked up to the TV via HDMI and the surround sound going from the PS3 to the receiver via Optical but whenver I load up Killzone 2 my receiver displays the message "Error" and I get no sound whatsoever - i've tried messing around with the audio settings on the PS3, but to no avail - does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing this?

*edit, no worries, it works now - I just had to uncheck DTS on the PS3 settings for some reason.

KZObsessed

I've gotten tons of air bot kills during S&D on Corinth Crossing, Saluman Market and Pyrrhus Rise. If you've gotten the turret medal and repair medal you can combine the Turrets and air bots for your engineer. Then your turrets can weaken them and your air bots finish them off. If you don't have those medals, try and place an air bot near someone else's turret, if they've put it in a good place. The top level of Corinth Crossing for C&H, Body Count and S&R is also very good for air bot kills. I play 16 player games too so that might help.

KZObsessed

CrushDance said:

Sorry to hear that Crush.

Look forward to you owning us 10 vs 1 again.

<3

Click

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Why so sad? I'm happy I got my first ribbon.

Seriously, my complaints about R2 were posted months ago, you've been trying to get back at me for weeks now, time to get over it. I thought everyone in the clan treated you with respect when you were with the GAF clan. You said KZ2 was a flawed game and explained your reasoning, you quoted your own list of complaints multiple times, I respected your opinion and decision to move on, you're a very good player but hell you just fucking turn on people.

Indifferent2.gif

Holy shit. WTF are you talking about man?
Complete Kittonwy meltdown ALERT!!!

I said "so sad," because it is.
You've played hundreds of hours already and have just now gotten 1 air bot ribbon.
While the air bots are weak pieces of shit, it's not THAT hard getting 5 kills with them, as long as you keep throwing them out in good positions.
And don't even say something stupid like "I never play Tactician," because you do... a lot.

About the meltdown...
Your complaints about R2 wasn't "months ago."
You didn't stop your R2 trolling/bashing until I came back from my ban less than a month ago, until after I publicly flamed you again.

I've already "gotten back at you," and have already "gotten over it." YOU should "get over it" now, Mr. sensitive. My "so sad" comment wasn't even about the R2 bullshit you pulled. It was about you saying that you just got your first air bot 5 kill ribbon.

Oh, and what does people "treating me with respect" in GAFA have anything to do with this? You're getting pretty psycho now, Kitton. Is it that you don't want me in your precious KZ2 thread anymore? Is it because you're the one with a grudge now because I was one of the few (along with Lince) that dared speak up in this circlejerk, "everything is fine and dandy" thread of crazy GG/KZ2 fanboys... and as a result, was chastised for pointing out all the flaws with this game?

Last but not least, I haven't been posting much in this thread recently and when I have, I didn't criticize the game anymore, unlike FFO, Lince, Lyulf, and a few others have recently. So instead of taking your fanboy anger out on me, you should direct it towards them.... unless of course, you're afraid to lash out at them, making you out to be the "bad guy."

Fersis

BruceLeeRoy said:
And here I thought this would evolve into a thread of rainbows and enduring friendships.
*Hugs BruceLeeRoy*

Click

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
And here I thought this would evolve into a thread of rainbows and enduring friendships.

It was never meant to be...

Sorry for shitting up your thread again.
But then again, I didn't start the shit, I try to end it.

Top Bottom