• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Schrade

The Interrobanger said:
I've really gotta stop looking at names and radar then. :(
The easiest "tell" on Saboteurs is the blue lights on the ISA and the red lights on the Helghasts aren't lit. So whenever you see someone who is just darker than what they should be, it's a dead giveaway.

It took me a while to be able to spot it regularly but now it's pretty easy.

And Ilanna, I totally agree about Pyrrhus Rise. I love that map to death. This weekend I have been playing nothing but that. It's even better when you play that map when all the objectives are 30 minutes long and the Search & Destroy explosives timer is 1 minute long.

Absolutely love it. I kept switching classes a lot mostly between Tactician/Sniper/Engineer/Saboteur. So damn much fun.

The Interrobanger said:
It's so cheap and annoying. It's hard enough telling who your teammates are to begin with.
Keep in mind that the Sab can only mimic the basic soldier of it's rival faction. Whenever I see a basic soldier class running around on my team, I keep a really close eye on them.

Kittonwy

Banned
The Interrobanger said:
I'm still a noob, only played a couple hours thus far, so i'm sure i'll learn.

What "activates" secondary spawn points?

What do you mean? A tactician can place two additional spawn points outside of the one situated at the home base. When you're a tactician you can throw a spawn grenade, smoke would start coming out of it and your teammates can then spawn out of it, they'll be facing the direction facing the tactician when he was throwing the grenade.

Tactician ----> spawn grenade

<---- teammate

Kittonwy

Banned
WretchedTruman said:
Keep in mind that the Sab can only mimic the basic soldier of it's rival faction. Whenever I see a basic soldier class running around on my team, I keep a really close eye on them.

I usually just shoot first and if I get a kill, that's an enemy sab.
Indifferent2.gif

Schrade

The Interrobanger said:

Well there's spawns placed by the Tactician spawn grenades. There can only be 2 tactician spawn grenades placed at one time per team. So that means a total of 3 spawn points in most games.

Then there's also the spawn points during Capture & Hold missions... basically if you have control of a capture and hold point your team can spawn there.

And finally there's also squad spawns. You can spawn on your squad leader at any time as long as they are alive.

Raist

Banned
The Interrobanger said:
It's so cheap and annoying. It's hard enough telling who your teammates are to begin with.

You'll eventually get used to it. At first it's a nightmare but yuo'll end up guessing easily when people are disguised sabs.

Couple of hints:

- they always are disguised as riflemen, which are quite rare.

- they don't have any lights. Meaning, an ISA sab disguised as a HGH will not have glowing red eyes. Conversely, a HGH disguised sab will not have blue lights.

- most of the people playing sab aren't smart enough to fully "roleplay" as sabs. They'll always come from odd directions.

- they don't show up on the radar. If you see a supposed team mate not showing as a green dot, it's a disguised sab. Shoot.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Schrade said:
And Ilanna, I totally agree about Pyrrhus Rise. I love that map to death. This weekend I have been playing nothing but that. It's even better when you play that map when all the objectives are 30 minutes long and the Search & Destroy explosives timer is 1 minute long.

Absolutely love it. I kept switching classes a lot mostly between Tactician/Sniper/Engineer/Saboteur. So damn much fun.
I know! Besides there are always tons of matches going on whenever I do a search for PR only servers, so I know that I'm not the only one who loves that map. :D

Kittonwy

Banned
Raist said:
You'll eventually get used to it. At first it's a nightmare but yuo'll end up guessing easily when people are disguised sabs.

Couple of hints:

- they always are disguised as riflemen, which are quite rare.

- they don't have any lights. Meaning, an ISA sab disguised as a HGH will not have glowing red eyes. Conversely, a HGH disguised sab will not have blue lights.

- most of the people playing sab aren't smart enough to fully "roleplay" as sabs. They'll always come from odd directions.

- they don't show up on the radar. If you see a supposed team mate not showing as a green dot, it's a disguised sab. Shoot.

Sabs are always surprised when I kill them, it's like "how can u tell ima sab? How? *dies*" and I be like "saw u from a mile away chump y u even try".
Indifferent2.gif

Schrade

Raist said:
I think PR's main problem is that it's AWFULLY UNBALANCED.

Other than that, it's a pretty good map IMO.
If you're going to say that it's unbalanced at least give some reasons... (and what side is unbalanced)

The Interrobanger said:

Are you playing according to your rank or playing with people higher than your rank?

Play with your rank, read "My statistics" and see what you need to unlock something. The game is sooooo satisfying when you start unlocking classes and abilities.

Raist said:
I think PR's main problem is that it's AWFULLY UNBALANCED.

Other than that, it's a pretty good map IMO.

I find it's the most balanced map of all, simply due to it's size. 32 player matches actually work here and lot's of great places for spawn points.

Although for sheer fun with a smaller player count, I think Blood Gracht and Tharsis Depot are the best. Very cool atmosphere, too.

After playing revolver games for WAY TOO LONG this week finally I have something to show for it:

2e0i5oi.jpg

Finally, thought I'd never get it, now i just need to finish the game in elite.. yeah, thats gonna be painful too. :lol

TheFatOne

H_Prestige said:
I find it's the most balanced map of all, simply due to it's size. 32 player matches actually work here and lot's of great places for spawn points.

Although for sheer fun with a smaller player count, I think Blood Gracht and Tharsis Depot are the best. Very cool atmosphere, too.

Yea it's balanced for the most part except for the fact that the ISA have the best sniping position which is right at their own base, but snipers are useless for the most part even in PR.

10dollas

Banned
TheFatOne said:
Yea it's balanced for the most part except for the fact that the ISA have the best sniping position which is right at their own base, but snipers are useless for the most part even in PR.

Blasphemy. I do recall a certain sniper stopping you from scoring in S&R and thus refrained you from winning that S&R round and the game :D.

Click

Banned
TheFatOne said:

Not during S&D.
They're good for Bodycount and Cap & Hold as well.

In fact, without Assault/Boost enabled, Scouts are way overpowered on PR.

PR is a balanced map but that doesn't make it a great map.
I used to dislike it but I began to like it after playing for a while.
It's still not nearly as good of a map as Salamun or Helghan Industries.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
fuuuck, I was owning and bam...freeze. I know the points don't get added unless you finish, but will my kills still count?

Kittonwy

Banned
TheFatOne said:

PR is a bit more advantageous for ISA I think because it's easier to get to Helghast's target in S&D, on the ISA side you really have to work to get there.

Raist

Banned
Schrade said:
If you're going to say that it's unbalanced at least give some reasons... (and what side is unbalanced)

Towards ISA.
ISA snipers can snipe all over the map from their base.
S&D is heavily biased because ISAs can quickly go in defence from their map. Not to mention the HQ bots can snipe attacking HGH.
On HGH S&D, it's a bit longer to get there, and ISA have a perfect sniping spot with 2 MGs right in front of the target.
On C&H, the speaker near the ISA base is easier to defend as well. etc.

BG is also heavily unbalanced, but PR really is the worst offender.

I find it's the most balanced map of all, simply due to it's size.

Size has nothing to do with this. SM and VH are the most balanced because they are completely symetric. CC is almost balanced, save for the S&D locations.

Facism

Raist said:
Towards ISA.
S&D is heavily biased because ISAs can quickly go in defence from their map. Not to mention the HQ bots can snipe attacking HGH.
On HGH S&D, it's a bit longer to get there, and ISA have a perfect sniping spot with 2 MGs right in front of the target.
On C&H, the speaker near the ISA base is easier to defend as well. etc.

BG is also heavily unbalanced, but PR really is the worst offender.

Size has nothing to do with this. SM and VH are the most balanced because they are completely symetric. CC is almost balanced, save for the S&D locations.

Visari Hammer's S&D placement is far from symetrical, Pepe. One team gets the towers at the other end of the map, one team gets the towers closer to spawn.

Raist

Banned
Facism said:
Visari Hammer's S&D placement is far from symetrical, Pepe. One team gets the towers at the other end of the map, one team gets the towers closer to spawn.

Sure kid, but it's still far better than S&D on PR, BG or TD for instance.

KZObsessed

Kittonwy said:
Holy shit there are people playing who still don't have a clue how to play any of the modes.
Indifferent2.gif

One of the last games I played tonight, 32 player Radec, the opposition tacticians kept putting spawns in our base so they'd spawn and get slaughtered. Retarded! They lost 7-0 because of that. smh.

Kittonwy

Banned
FFObsessed said:
One of the last games I played tonight, 32 player Radec, the opposition tacticians kept putting spawns in our base so they'd spawn and get slaughtered. Retarded! They lost 7-0 because of that. smh.

LOL, sometimes it's funny how some tacticians would put spawns inside the enemy base, or behind choke points, it just basically places the rest of the team in line for a firing squad.

Lots of people play all the other modes like bodycount, they just kind of go where people are getting killed just to get a few kills, completely ignoring the objectives, I just find people get hung up on getting kills too much, you can get so many more points just by winning.

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Had some awesome games today.

*Hi5* KZ2 buddies!

GAFe is simply dominating the game at the moment.

highlights of the night: IGN clan raging, WAW "training" game with boosting noobs raging and that last game with the laggy Americans (since they joined a host somewhere in Europe) in Helghan Industries, those were simply awesome, ha ha ha Trey 4 life !!! <3

oh and we're 100k Gods, now where's our reward for reaching the highest rank Guerrilla?

Cagen

Lince said:
oh and we're 100k Gods, now where's our reward for reaching the highest rank Guerrilla?

Where's our god damn interview for winning the Clan Warfare tournament we were supposed to get, Guerrilla?

The answer to both questions, along with all the balance issues we want fixing, are the same.

Rolf NB

Facism said:
If you have no tactician ...
The optimal route from spawn to the "far" towers is through the center tunnel, up the stairs. If you go that way I don't even think it's a longer walk than from spawn to the "near" towers (where you'd take the tunnel at the edge of the map or a detour around the S&R spots).

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Raist said:
Towards ISA.
S&D is heavily biased because ISAs can quickly go in defence from their map.
But they're mostly out in the open and become vulnerable when picking off enemies, if there's a map where I do good as a helghast sniper it's PR!!! I remember when I used to play PR a lot, I had 50+ kills and only 5 deaths (bodycount only match) and 90% of my kills were ISA snipers, especially the ones on the base!

I'm a shitty (fps) player basically, but I actually do great as a helghast sniper on PR! Now, I'm loving sniping on wasteland bullet, a shame its not as popular as PR and not many people play it.

KZObsessed

Lince said:
GAFe is simply dominating the game at the moment.

highlights of the night: IGN clan raging, WAW "training" game with boosting noobs raging and that last game with the laggy Americans (since they joined a host somewhere in Europe) in Helghan Industries, those were simply awesome, ha ha ha Trey 4 life !!! <3

:lol That song gets me everytime.

Those 3 games were excellent wins.

We have ascended Lince, no need for rewards, we are beyond mortal peasantry...

I want my interview or a game with GG goddamnit! F U Guerrilla Games!!!

Facism

Don't take Lince's words to heart. It's his butler typing for him whilst he takes a relaxing dip in the pool at his luxurious Spanish castle.

That sab class is so shit, what am I missing here? For a start they are easy to spot, secondly their weapons are shit, thirdly you are able to take out one guy, then you gotta run and hide while your disguise thing recharges.

Top Bottom