• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Kittonwy

Banned
careful said:
Hi GG,

Instead of complaining about how annoying the air support has now become, I will try to offer some constructive suggestion. :)

Could you please allow us to enable/disable secondary abilities? I don't want to be as drastic as disabling Tactician just to disable air support, so I think it would be a really nice option to have.

Thanks,
Careful

I would prefer enabling me and only me to use air support, so I can get that damn medal. >:|

careful

Assembly Required said:
Hi GG,

Please ignore this request.

Sincerely yours,
Assembly Required

P.S. Can you like maybe include a feature that will allow me to use Rocket/Grenade launchers on disabled servers? That would be awesome, thanks!
Looking at the number of rooms with rockets disabled, it appears like you are losing the fight my friend. :)

careful said:
Looking at the number of rooms with rockets disabled, it appears like you are losing the fight my friend. :)

Believe it or not I rarely played matches with rockets enabled. I just unlocked the assault class a couple of days ago. I recently just started playing Killzone 2 (Thanks, High Precision!)

icechai

careful said:
Are a lot of people still playing the new maps or is it now dead like steel & titanium?

its a lot better than steel and titanium so far, a few more rooms. but they really need to get on the ball with search options, filtering, and server info with the server room UI.

morlock

alr1ghtstart said:
rocket players need to be killed
There is one guy very high up on the leaderboard that has over 8500 suicides, probably the most impressive stats I've seen yet. That requires some serious dedication. :D

careful

One more suggestion while I'm at it.

Don't reset the ability timer when you die (for Engineer & Tactician turrets). You should have to wait x amount of time everytime for every bot that you place/throw. It could also give more significance to destroying a bot. Right now, as soon as you destroy a bot, another one goes up right away.

And now that it's just as strong, make the Air Support timer last as long as the Engineer bot timer.

borsdy

Banned
careful said:
Hi GG,

Instead of complaining about how annoying the air support has now become, I will try to offer some constructive suggestion. :)

Could you please allow us to enable/disable secondary abilities? I don't want to be as drastic as disabling Tactician just to disable air support, so I think it would be a really nice option to have.

Thanks,
Careful
Yes, please.

Zinthar

I've played a total of 2 hours worth of multiplayer and am enjoying it more than I thought I would. I have a bluetooth headset and would like to play some matches with a team that's slightly more organized than the random allotment of players I'm currently finding.

Would the best way to do this be to join on the GAF clans? And are there any open spots in either of them?

My PSN name is Zinthar; feel free to friend me.

What's GG's stance on hate speech? I know there's an option to report them for that issue, but I'm wondering if they ban people on first report. Some kid kept acting stupid yesterday throwing around the N word.

borsdy

Banned
Jason's Ultimatum said:
What's GG's stance on hate speech? I know there's an option to report them for that issue, but I'm wondering if they ban people on first report. Some kid kept acting stupid yesterday throwing around the N word.
Seriously, are they even reviewing grief reports?

Zinthar said:
I've played a total of 2 hours worth of multiplayer and am enjoying it more than I thought I would. I have a bluetooth headset and would like to play some matches with a team that's slightly more organized than the random allotment of players I'm currently finding.

Would the best way to do this be to join on the GAF clans? And are there any open spots in either of them?

My PSN name is Zinthar; feel free to friend me.

I think you're better off heading to the official KZ2 forums and finding a clan to join there... the KZ2 clans aren't very active these days. Maybe that'll change soon...? though I doubt it.

Makes me wonder, what is the average life span of GAF based clans? I remember MGO based clans lasted for a few weeks before many became inactive. And it isn't based on popularity either (COD4 didn't have a GAF clan?)... I could be totally wrong but GAF clans come off as nothing more than organized hype groups. Once the initial hype or newness (interest, etc.) wears off... they disband and move on to newer and better things or remain with few active members on board.

Not always the case though (i.e. EU MGO clan out lived all the others)

This just a observation.

.GqueB.

Banned
Assembly Required said:
I think you're better off heading to the official KZ2 forums and finding a clan to join there... the KZ2 clans aren't very active these days. Maybe that'll change soon...? though I doubt it.

Makes me wonder, what is the average life span of GAF based clans? I remember MGO based clans lasted for a few weekd before many became inactive. And it isn't based on popularity either (COD4 didn't have a GAF clan?)... I could be totally wrong but GAF clans come off as nothing more than organized hype groups. Once the initial hype or newness (interest, etc.) wears off... they disband and move on to newer and better things or remain with few active members on board.

Clans are like bands. They have to be born of a group that have been together for a good long while like Boyz 2 men. They cant be just thrust together because they happen to be in the same place at the same time.

Thats why diddy's making the band projects keep failing miserably.

And thats why bands and clans rhyme.

.GqueB. said:
Clans are like bands. They have to be born of a group that have been together for a good long while like Boyz 2 men. They cant be just thrust together because they happen to be in the same place at the same time.

Thats why diddy's making the band projects keep failing miserably.

And thats why bands and clans rhyme.

Well that's kinda my point, everyone that joins a clan don't all share the same interest. Some are really passioniate about the game, others have that bandwagon mentality and join because everyone else is doing it, and then there are people who... well, I'm not sure.

I just don't feel GAF clans or most clans for that matter don't last long. And there are multiple reasons for this. And its not a good or bad thing. Just something you should come to expect I guess.

...uh, yeah that's all I got.

Edit: I'll send you a friend request zinthar, I'm usually playing KZ2 or UC2 beta.

patsu

Assembly Required said:

Makes me wonder, what is the average life span of GAF based clans? I remember MGO based clans lasted for a few weeks before many became inactive. And it isn't based on popularity either (COD4 didn't have a GAF clan?)... I could be totally wrong but GAF clans come off as nothing more than organized hype groups. Once the initial hype or newness (interest, etc.) wears off... they disband and move on to newer and better things or remain with few active members on board.

This just a observation.

The GAF R1 clan lasted for 1-2 years. We played daily (I played only during weekdays, but almost every weekday).

cresto

Can someone fill me in on whats going on with the community? I still want to buy a PS3 and KZ2, but if it has a bunch of problems I'll hold off

patsu said:
The GAF R1 clan lasted for 1-2 years. We played daily (I played only during weekdays, but almost every weekday).

I totally forgot about the resistance clan. The weird thing is about is I often held all clans I joined up to the standard of the gaf resistance clan. Of course, they never lasted nearly as long.

That clan was really awesome. Sad that it didn't transition over to R2. Would of been awesome

patsu

ergo said:
Can someone fill me in on whats going on with the community? I still want to buy a PS3 and KZ2, but if it has a bunch of problems I'll hold off

I have no idea. I'm not in the GAFA clan because it's full. :(

ravien56

ehh i just played my first match in prolly 2 months, things still seem the same i guess, dont got any of the new maps, but still plenty of people playing, the high precision aiming makes things a lot easier though.

mr_nothin

Banned
Assembly Required said:
I believe anyone using airbots needs to be NUKED... southern hills style.
DONT HATE ON THE AIRBOTS.

I actually like them now (i'm talking when i'm on the defensive). Before...they posed no threat at all. 2 or 3 quick bursts and bam...explosion. It's more fun to me now ...now that im challenged by them.

icechai

ergo said:

a core group of gaffers still play every other night (seems like one night is kz2 one night is uncharted 2). Always see 3-4 Euro Gaffers on and then 4-6 GAFA's on the nights when Uncharted 2 isn't filling up my friends list :p I'm still loving the game, but also trying to get that inFamous platinum. Feel free to add me and i'll def jump in on your games late night EST.

Facism

Assembly Required said:

This just a observation.

The EU MGO clan (Wasp Unit) outlived the others because of superior leadership and a core handful of dedicated Gaffers that ended up as friends. There was about 8 of us that played regularly. Everyone else, like you say, disappeared for other games or better things. Console online gaming moves a lot faster than PC, unfortunately.

They were some brilliant months, we were inches away from becoming EU champions in the tournament, and that's where that all ended. Felt too much like work to get to where we were and we burnt out.

Similarly with Killzone 2. The EU gaf clan filled up hardcore, but so many people just signed up because it was 'TEH GAF CLANZ.'

We're left with a solid core of around 16 or so guys now, i'm glad to say a decent chunk of my brothers from the MGO Wasp Unit were there, even if they aren't playing anymore. I haven't really played much recently, but we have the GAFe chatroom running and everybody idles in it, irregardless of what games people are playing. Glad for my time with the Hero Kings and Queen of GAFe, all solid, decent and gorgeous people. Even FFO in his brown coat (i haven't seen it ;p).

Dear GG,

Please for the love god add an option to see which maps are available when scrolling through matches. I literally spent 10 minutes trying to find a 5v5 or 6v6 game that wasn't a single map (Radec) . I ended up saying eff it and turned off the game.

Sincerely,

Matt Damon

JardeL

I'd like to know if even GG plays KZ2 MP anymore ,and if they're happy with the game's current situation...

And I really like to know the "brain" behind "no spawn invincibility" decision... Don't even let him say anything about KZ3's multiplayer , please... If you made that decision as a team , then please outsource KZ3's multiplayer...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
JardeL said:
I'd like to know if even GG plays KZ2 MP anymore ,and if they're happy with the game's current situation...

And I really like to know the "brain" behind "no spawn invincibility" decision... Don't even let him say anything about KZ3's multiplayer , please... If you made that decision as a team , then please outsource KZ3's multiplayer...
Pretty much the entire KZ2 community wanted to remove the span invincibility. GG listened to them.

JardeL

Fersis said:
Pretty much the entire KZ2 community wanted to remove the span invincibility. GG listened to them.
We wanted it but not like this... This kind of spawn invincibility results in spawn camping and that ruins the whole experience... We [ at least me ] wanted Warhawk-like spawn invincibility not this crap...

JardeL said:
We wanted it but not like this... This kind of spawn invincibility results in spawn camping and that ruins the whole experience... We [ at least me ] wanted Warhawk-like spawn invincibility not this crap...

Well... That's unfortunate. I love it.

teepo

if you're being camped from a tactical spawn point, just spawn at your homebase, dur. if you want to get some free easy kills, rush to the campers and take them out from the distance or spam grenades since they'll be distracted anyways.

NameIess

I don't understand all the bitching regarding spawn invincibility, because I think this was abused in search and destroy game modes. Now players know if they use the spawn points be ready too shoot and expect to be shot...

I really don't see the problem.

TheFatOne

The problem with no spawn invincibility is that 90% of the people who play Killzone 2 are idiots. All you have to do is have one good person protect the spawn. I can sit back all day with a shotgun and destroy people who try to spawn camp. It really is not that hard people are just idiots. There are still people with high ranks who trow spawns backwards.

lunlunqq

stop whinning people!!! the game played fine before. now it is just better. airbots are a factor in battle now, as they are supposed to be. just deal with it. no spawn invincibility is good. that is how was in the beta. it forces you to play smart.

andycapps

Assembly Required said:
Well that's kinda my point, everyone that joins a clan don't all share the same interest. Some are really passioniate about the game, others have that bandwagon mentality and join because everyone else is doing it, and then there are people who... well, I'm not sure.

I just don't feel GAF clans or most clans for that matter don't last long. And there are multiple reasons for this. And its not a good or bad thing. Just something you should come to expect I guess.

...uh, yeah that's all I got.

Edit: I'll send you a friend request zinthar, I'm usually playing KZ2 or UC2 beta.

If the game is good enough, the clan lasts. Obviously the Resistance one lasted forever. If you're looking for a current clan that is really active, and you have a PC, join the Left 4 Dead GAF clan. It's still very active and has people playing versus every night. I haven't played Killzone 2 in a month or so probably.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
lunlunqq said:
stop whinning people!!! the game played fine before. now it is just better. airbots are a factor in battle now, as they are supposed to be. just deal with it. no spawn invincibility is good. that is how was in the beta. it forces you to play smart.

The smartest thing to do now is always spawn at the base :p

JardeL

teepo said:
if you're being camped from a tactical spawn point, just spawn at your homebase, dur.
I do but teammates don't ... And I don't have to tell everyone " hey guys , they're spawn camping so spawn at the base next time. kthnx." ... Spawning at my base = losing S&D , S&R and C&H ... Thanks for the advice tho...

Slamo

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Dear GG,

Please for the love god add an option to see which maps are available when scrolling through matches.

Sincerely,

Matt Damon

Dear GG,

Please listen to this man.

Sincerely,

Slamo

whoa! ive been gone for too long. Sounds like ive missed at least 2 updates. I stopped playing right around the first map pack came out. So now air bots actually work? i think thats what im reading from you guys? that sounds cool to me.

I feel like i need to get a new controller because I was playing the ufc demo so damn much, and it requires full circles with the thumbstick, and now it just feels really loose. that cant be good for my aiming in this game.

careful said:
Don't reset the ability timer when you die (for Engineer & Tactician turrets). You should have to wait x amount of time everytime for every bot that you place/throw. It could also give more significance to destroying a bot. Right now, as soon as you destroy a bot, another one goes up right away.
The problem with this idea is the changing of objectives and the size of the maps. For example, Tharsis is small enough that all 4/2 bots are usually in the same place. But that's not true of, say, Salamun except in certain short-lived situations. If a squad is on its own, extending the timer disincentives them unnecessarily ("Why should I drop a single turret here if I know it'll get destroyed and I won't be able to replace it?"). Engineers will instead feel a push to overbuild in single areas, leading to no reduction of chaos.

careful said:
And now that it's just as strong, make the Air Support timer last as long as the Engineer bot timer.
Absolutely not! Since each individual Tactician would then take longer to place a bot, in order to keep the full complement of bots in play you'd be encouraging every team to have more Tacticians. The usual guy online is so fucking awful at it, nothing that encourages them to pick Tactician should ever be implemented.

neoism

Does the precision mode make any difference at all! I've been wanting this for awhile and I just hated the controls in the demo, does it make it more fluid!????????????????

Kittonwy

Banned
patsu said:
I have no idea. I'm not in the GAFA clan because it's full. :(

I thought you wanted to play with those bozos at B3D.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
Facism said:
The EU MGO clan (Wasp Unit) outlived the others because of superior leadership and a core handful of dedicated Gaffers that ended up as friends. There was about 8 of us that played regularly. Everyone else, like you say, disappeared for other games or better things. Console online gaming moves a lot faster than PC, unfortunately.

They were some brilliant months, we were inches away from becoming EU champions in the tournament, and that's where that all ended. Felt too much like work to get to where we were and we burnt out.

Similarly with Killzone 2. The EU gaf clan filled up hardcore, but so many people just signed up because it was 'TEH GAF CLANZ.'

We're left with a solid core of around 16 or so guys now, i'm glad to say a decent chunk of my brothers from the MGO Wasp Unit were there, even if they aren't playing anymore. I haven't really played much recently, but we have the GAFe chatroom running and everybody idles in it, irregardless of what games people are playing. Glad for my time with the Hero Kings and Queen of GAFe, all solid, decent and gorgeous people. Even FFO in his brown coat (i haven't seen it ;p).

It's a fucking pain in the ass the fact that right now the people who actually play regularly are split into two clans. I propose we just fucking merge.

icechai

Kittonwy said:
It's a fucking pain in the ass the fact that right now the people who actually play regularly are split into two clans. I propose we just fucking merge.

i think that's a good idea now, we play with GAFe without too much lag these days anyways.

Kittonwy said:

I think we should call the newly formed clan GAFk(nights Of the Old Republic). Yep..

JoJo13

Banned
neoism said:
Does the precision mode make any difference at all! I've been wanting this for awhile and I just hated the controls in the demo, does it make it more fluid!????????????????

the controls are instantly responsive now

Top Bottom