• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

patsu

Kittonwy said:
I thought you wanted to play with those bozos at B3D.
Indifferent2.gif

I played with them to get more folks playing KZ2, but they disbanded :)

GAF is much larger and should hold its own. Now, I'm trying to get back into the GAF clan. :p

KZObsessed

Facism said:
Even FFO in his brown coat (i haven't seen it ;p).

I assure you it's fabulous :3

These days we have more like 8 left I think, and I don't think anyone has really been playing regularly recently? I'm not sure tho, I havn't played myself for a few days. Lat time I played was with Rick on the new maps last week I think. Been busy as my brother has been visiting, and any spare time has been watching LOST (aka LOLST) Blu-rays. :p I will come back and play though.

Kittonwy said:
It's a fucking pain in the ass the fact that right now the people who actually play regularly are split into two clans. I propose we just fucking merge.

FOR.

KZObsessed

Kittonwy said:
You don't have enough room to fit all the GAFA regulars tho.
Indifferent2.gif

We do. There's a bunch in the clan that I have never even seen play. I'll ask Raist to remove most of them, should be plenty of room left for you guys to join then.

-viper-

Banned
Kittonwy said:
You don't have enough room to fit all the GAFA regulars tho.
Indifferent2.gif
How many GAFA regulars are there? All the inactive players in GAFe can be kicked out anyway. There are at least 30/40 who haven't appeared since the game came out.

oneHeero

I've been trying to play KZ but no regulars on my friends list besides aj. I jump online and noone on from the clan so I just get on Uncharted and play that a lot.

I'd love to get a active clan going again with gaf game nights. I also hope we dont just join GAFe, make a new clan with a new name even if Gafe choose the name. I rather have something new that way the clan is fresh and just add people who are on regularly instead of people on once every 3 weeks or something.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
simple. kick all of the players with <10k points. If you play it regularly (and don't suck too much), 10k is simple to obtain.

Zinthar

If you guys go through with this, please add me to the new GAF clan. I'm new to KZ2's MP, but I've caught on pretty quickly, as my stats show. I've been trying to get the people that I play with to form up in squads and then spawn on the leader (usually me). I tend to hang back and heal so we can spawn on the forward position. Works well, except on the maps that end up being a clusterfuck because they're too small for 32 players.

My 8 hours with the game's MP has made me strongly believe the following:

1) I hate airbots, they need to die.
2) I hate rockets, they ruin the great balance of the conventional weapon set.
3) Most people in the games I've been playing severely under-utilize medics and the squad system, often ignoring both altogether.
4) The few moments that I've gotten a squad of four to work together for an objective has been one of the best MP experiences I've had in any game ever.
5) GG really needs to auto-disable smaller maps for 32 player matches.
6) The lag isn't quite as bad as CoD4 on the 360, but it's still much worse than any modern PC game running on a dedicated server (including large games of the PC versions of CoD4 and TF2) -- way too many scenarios where both players die.

And, finally, I have a question: Is it worth it to buy either (or both) of the new map packs? It seems like they aren't being played at all in any of the games I've seen. Is that just because the game knows I don't have either pack and so it doesn't show games with the extra 4 maps?

Also, for any regular KZ2 players on here, feel free to add Zinthar to your friends list.

TheFatOne

Kittonwy said:
GG Lyulf.

LOLZ carnage.
Indifferent2.gif

How many times must people learn never under any circumstances talk shit to me :lol

FFObsessed said:
We do. There's a bunch in the clan that I have never even seen play. I'll ask Raist to remove most of them, should be plenty of room left for you guys to join then.

If GAFA regulars join GAFe I'll join

Kittonwy

Banned
oneHeero said:
I've been trying to play KZ but no regulars on my friends list besides aj. I jump online and noone on from the clan so I just get on Uncharted and play that a lot.

I'd love to get a active clan going again with gaf game nights. I also hope we dont just join GAFe, make a new clan with a new name even if Gafe choose the name. I rather have something new that way the clan is fresh and just add people who are on regularly instead of people on once every 3 weeks or something.

I played a bit tonight. So did Lyulf.
Indifferent2.gif

TheFatOne

oneHeero said:

Hmmm how bout GAFLyulf is teh bestest

Edit: To be honest I would rather start a new clan than join GAFe peasants

icechai

yeah whatever happened to just GAF? :p Me and Mr Nothin played many hours tonight, when you have dumb tacticians on your team its frustrating, but the small chance to win the round makes it still worth it usually. I was pretty shocked the first round I joined and there wasn't ANY tactician... team was down 3 already, but just threw a couple of spawn points correctly and we won :) Also played a lil with Crush, who needs to leave Soul and join GAF :D

icechai said:
yeah whatever happened to just GAF? :p Me and Mr Nothin played many hours tonight, when you have dumb tacticians on your team its frustrating, but the small chance to win the round makes it still worth it usually. I was pretty shocked the first round I joined and there wasn't ANY tactician... team was down 3 already, but just threw a couple of spawn points correctly and we won :) Also played a lil with Crush, who needs to leave Soul and join GAF :D

Yeah, I recently joined GAFe aaand.. I never see more than 2 playing at any time (I've seen 3 maybe once?). And yeah, he (mr_nothin) wouldn't stop bragging about the amount of kills/points he accumulated, apparently there were pretty epic moments.

alr1ghtstart said:
simple. kick all of the players with <10k points. If you play it regularly (and don't suck too much), 10k is simple to obtain.

I guess that works. But I am WAY below 10k. I recently started playing KZ2 MP since the release of the latest patch.

Zinthar said:
Most people in the games I've been playing severely under-utilize medics and the squad system, often ignoring both altogether.

Totally agreed. Medics are awesome, more people need to take advantage of that class. Favorite class thus far.

Facism

Assembly Required said:
Yeah, I recently joined GAFe aaand.. I never see more than 2 playing at any time (I've seen 3 maybe once?).

You're going to have to blame infamous and the few of us taking a break from KZ2 multi :p

I'd like to know what cagen, Lince, Raist, Rick etc think of merging the clans. I'll go with whatever the majority decision is (laments losing all that glorious VP)

10dollas

Banned
Facism said:
You're going to have to blame infamous and the few of us taking a break from KZ2 multi :p

I'd like to know what cagen, Lince, Raist, Rick etc think of merging the clans. I'll go with whatever the majority decision is (laments losing all that glorious VP)

Would've lost all that glorious VP in the end anyhow with all the GafA scrubs joining up and getting slaughtered in valor matches. :D /me looks the other way :D

TheFatOne

10dollas said:
Would've lost all that glorious VP in the end anyhow with all the GafA scrubs joining up and getting slaughtered in valor matches. :D /me looks the other way :D

People who don't play Killzone 2 shouldn't post in the official thread :lol

Zen

Banned
If you guys are all reforming into one clan, I'd join. I play a few times a week.

(Basically, what's going on with the clans?)

Cagen

Facism said:

I don't mind, I doubt I'll be playing (much) anyway and some sneaky Americans have already infiltrated our Euro chat. If it means people get to play better matches due to more friends/competent people online then I'm all for it.
Lyulf is not invited until he learns his place :p.
Though, I would like Euro-GAF to stay separate for forth coming games but I would assume that would happen anyway with the amount of people wanting to join the clans in the initial uptake.

Raist

Banned
I don't mind either
unless Luylf joins
. Haven't played in a long time because of my thesis, and then inFamous came out. And also because you guys dropped the ball on clan matches
I blame Cagen

KZObsessed

Raist said:
I don't mind either
unless Luylf joins
. Haven't played in a long time because of my thesis, and then inFamous came out. And also because you guys dropped the ball on clan matches
I blame Cagen

Delete all those from GAFe that don't play anymore and then I can send out the invites :3

Raist

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Delete all those from GAFe that don't play anymore and then I can send out the invites :3

Duuuuude my PS3 is off and Demon's Souls is in the drive. I'm so tired. Worked for 13hours today. You wouldn't ask me to do that, would you? :(

lunlunqq

Kittonwy said:
I played a bit tonight. So did Lyulf.
Indifferent2.gif
i saw you and lyulf last night. i tried to join you. game was full. i joined as spectator. saw lyulf teabagging someone who sounded like a 10-year-old while talking shit to him. i waited patiently till the game ended. quit and joined as a player. succeed!!! then it told me "my friends have left the game..." WTF??? quit and found out kittonwy and lyulf are already in another game. tried to join the game. it was full... ahhhh!!!...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I miss playing with FFObsessed and Lince :(

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
lunlunqq said:
i saw you and lyulf last night. i tried to join you. game was full. i joined as spectator. saw lyulf teabagging someone who sounded like a 10-year-old while talking shit to him. i waited patiently till the game ended. quit and joined as a player. succeed!!! then it told me "my friends have left the game..." WTF??? quit and found out kittonwy and lyulf are already in another game. tried to join the game. it was full... ahhhh!!!...

ahh, so you did the same as I...

okely, I'll probably set up that share group tomorrow for the new maps ($4 a person, which should cover this pack + next 2), if no one else does it before.

JoJo13

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
ahh, so you did the same as I...

okely, I'll probably set up that share group tomorrow for the new maps ($4 a person, which should cover this pack + next 2), if no one else does it before.

There are two more KZ2 map packs coming out?

TheFatOne

lunlunqq said:

That little kid was fucking hilarious though. No one can out talk me in a game :lol

Just finished playing some KZ2 and find it pretty funny how the controls felt after Uncharted 2, it feels a lot quicker and I did way better than I usually do(My usual is soloing GAFE). <3

I really wish though that we all played more these days, only icechai has been on lately for the most part and I need me some Lyulf tea bagging, insulting gameplay :) And no more sexy Lince voice or FFO ;( I cna understand why most of us aren't on more these days as a lot of great games have been released recently and I myself poured 2 weeks into inFamous.

We should merge though for those who'd like to continue playing, even if ocassionally so it's easier to group up. I'll disband my clan if need be since Full Recovery isn't even on anymore and neither is anyone else.

Norml

Assembly Required said:
Yeah, I recently joined GAFe aaand.. I never see more than 2 playing at any time (I've seen 3 maybe once?)

Not surprised at that.The game is decent at 1st but gets VERY boring a week later when maxed out.

Lince

Banned
hi guys, yeah let's make room in GAFe for the crazy laggy Americans, I will be playing when I get back home in a couple of weeks, I'm doing reaaaaally fine here in Ibiza btw

ChryZ

Norml said:
Not surprised at that.The game is decent at 1st but gets VERY boring a week later when maxed out.
:lol

Dude, many people in GAFe clocked 100+ hours, some even cracked the 100K rank. We played many many clan matches, won GG's clusterfuck tourney (32 clans, 32P matches). Yes, we're not playing as much as we used to, but it's not that unsual after month of relentless activity. You picked the wrong "example" to make your point, buddy.

Top Bottom