• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

alr1ghtstart said:
it's always been like that, which makes no sense. Kills by your bots do count as "kill" though, just not blowing up a bot.

I don't know, looks different now and I know I ain't killing that many bots to make up for the huge discrepancy.

Alf-Life

Played this online for the first time, fucking awesome :) ...it's like CoD4 (upgrades) meets Battlefield 2 (squads and classes).

At first I was pissed off with how slow it was, and how slow the turning is (and actually, even how bad the framerate can be)... but once you get into it, and get some squadmates spawning with you, taking an alley by moving from cover to cover is the most exhilirating thing ever!! Love it!! :)

icechai

TrAcEr_x90 said:
Things have changed drastically!!! I played my first round with th new maps(beach head?) and I was sucking it up at first. Then it all clicked and I ended up winning the match in first. On the losing team though. I was surprised by all my air suppport kills. They really are awesome now. I saw the other teams air support and I knew i needed to be cautious. I dont think this game can get any more perfect now. Everything has been tweaked to be the best.

things are definitely a lot better now, spawns really have changed the dynamic to be more like the beta. Of course that means s&d and all that all really only work in 8v8 or less type games... :p

Raist

Banned
Thrakier said:
Sure, why not. But not on maps which are just big enough for 16 players.

It could work on some maps if there were multiple objectives running at the same time, with squad assignements. Like R2, but less bugged :p

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
polyh3dron said:
You actually said that the butt ugly Resistance 2 is a better looking game than KZ2 is.

You're insane.
:lol
Not even i could say that!

I don't think Resistance 2 is ugly. I think it's a very underrated game graphically. It's often amazing looking. There were some gorgeous scenes with an incredible level of scale and size. The game had some really interesting set pieces, too.

That being said.. Better than Killzone 2? :lol

KZObsessed

Sent clan invites to:

Kitton
Lyuf
aj
icechei
mr_nothing
cj
Bajan
lunlunq
Finest
Ass
One
Mickhead
BigJohnson
Chrp

*names spelt wrong coz of lurkers :p*

Those were the people on my friends list and ones I know played quite a lot for GAFA. Any other regulars who want to join who I've missed? GAFA regulars get priority then after that we'll consider others who wish to play regularly. Let me know who else to send invites to.

edit: will invite userfrendly, Tracer and TigerHilli 2moro.

Kittonwy

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
ze clans are being merged?

Yeah, it's better that way, the whole "gaf clan by region" thing was a bad idea to begin with, didn't work for warhawk and it certainly didn't work here, everybody wanted to be part of a clan but most actually don't play the game for more than a couple of weeks. It's difficult for GAFA to even get enough people to play a random clan match, let alone a tournament.

Of course both clans could have disbanded and form one new clan but there's no point in me holding out because the longer we hold out, the less people want to play because there are fewer of us on, there are good players on both sides who could have been playing and winning together a LONG time ago but the whole multiple clans thing kept that from happening.

That said, even with the clans now unified people need to play competitively to make this worthwhile, and people need to have the map packs so we can actually play the new maps as well as the old ones.
Indifferent2.gif

I think going forward if gaf is going to have a clan, we should have one clan with people who are actually serious about playing.

Kittonwy

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Sent clan invites to:

Kitton
Lyuf
aj
icechei
mr_nothing
cj
Bajan
lunlunq
Finest
Ass
One
Mickhead
BigJohnson
Chrp

*names spelt wrong coz of lurkers :p*

Those were the people on my friends list and ones I know played quite a lot for GAFA. Any other regulars who want to join who I've missed? GAFA regulars get priority then after that we'll consider others who wish to play regularly. Let me know who else to send invites to.

edit: will invite userfrendly, Tracer and TigerHilli 2moro.

joeinit, Lemm, Dwin45, spartan666 and qlaahrqueh plz.

icechai

Kittonwy said:
Of course both clans could have disbanded and form one new clan but there's no point in me holding out because the longer we hold out, the less people want to play because there are fewer of us on, there are good players on both sides who could have been playing and winning together a LONG time ago but the whole multiple clans thing kept that from happening.

yeah but we also have to understand how much GAFe went through competitively and how much valor points they've accumulated as a clan. GAFA really doesn't have worthwhile valor so it makes more sense to consolidate into GAFe.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I hope you guys realize merging a European clan with a USA one means more lag than usual right? Just saying.

I just finished the campaign and I have started to play online. I was looking to join a clan and I have a headset. Is anybody taking new members? My PSN name is BarrelMakingFrog.

Does it matter where I place the airbots? That is, do they roam the whole map, a certain radius based on where you deployed them or do they just follow you around?

brunoa76

Thrakier said:
Sure, why not. But not on maps which are just big enough for 16 players.

Even 16 players are too much for me, a real mess in some maps (and it affects framerate). I never go above 12 players.

brunoa76 said:
Even 16 players are too much for me, a real mess in some maps (and it affects framerate). I never go above 12 players.

20 works good for me, 32 is too much and too much of a clusterfuck, I don't know why GG didn't at least limit the amount of players on certain maps, 32 on Radec or Blood Gracht is beyond stupid, 32 should theoretically only be on Salamum and Pyrrhus

icechai

AranhaHunter said:
20 works good for me, 32 is too much and too much of a clusterfuck, I don't know why GG didn't at least limit the amount of players on certain maps, 32 on Radec or Blood Gracht is beyond stupid, 32 should theoretically only be on Salamum and Pyrrhus

Also Southern Hills can support 32 :)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Nice, lots of gaffers playing. :)
Ill try to join you on some night.(Some familyy issues keep me away from my PS3)

Facism

Kittonwy said:
I think going forward if gaf is going to have a clan, we should have one clan with people who are actually serious about playing.

Agreed. Current active members of the KZ2 clan should be getting first dibs of membership for future PS3 online games. We've shown we stick to this, like flies to shit, like cum on tits.

I'm going to play some KZ2 tonight, see what the turnout is like :D

KZObsessed

ok sent invites to:

spartan
Qlarq
Lem
dwin
joe
user
TrAcEr

I would have sent an invite to 10dollars but he appears to have passed away. R.I.P. 10dollars.

If everyone accepts the invites, we should have 50 members. There's a few more that could be cut if needed but we should be ok. Anyone else who plans on playing regularly, let me know and I'll send you an invite. I think if people don't accept the invite within a couple of weeks I'll revoke it just to make sure we have enough space left for others to join if they plan on playing regularly :)

FFObsessed said:
Anyone else who plans on playing regularly, let me know and I'll send you an invite. :)
If you can send me an invite FFObessed, I am just getting back into KZ2 after being consumed by Fallout 3 :). Was part of GAFE2 back in the heyday. Would be good to have some clan mates to help get back up to speed.

Zinthar

TheFatOne said:
:lol I mean learning how to use the M4 at long distances. If you can learn how to use the M4 + Shotgun its easy kills every game

I'm relatively new to the KZ2 MP... is that strategy something you do with the Assault class (I'm only up to engineer currently)?

I don't have the M4 unlocked yet, but I guess it would be worth it to grab the pistol achievement so that I can try this.

Any other advanced tips that may not be obvious to newer players?

Top Bottom