• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Kittonwy

Banned
lunlunqq said:
what happened? why was i kicked out from GAFA? you guys don't want to play with me??? :'(

I would never kick u out of GAFA, we're just merging so u can haz moar ppl to play with.
Indifferent2.gif

A.R.K

FFObsessed said:
My PS3 died today. It will load up to the XMB, but it only lasts a few seconds before it collapses, gasping for air.

R.I.P. Charlene

April 15th 2007 - 24th June 09

She died doing what she loved, playing KZ2.

;_;

Damn dude kz2 claims another victim. Mine died
the same way while playing kz demo. WTF is the deal with
them dying while playing kz2??? Too much awesomeness to handle??
Hope you get yours soon

I have a really hard time getting kills with the sniper rifle while other players are moving, but then again I'm never that good with a sniper rifle on any game....

mr_nothin

Banned
I had to go back to the original settings. At one point..High Precision mode clicked with me. But now...coupled with the lag, it's horrible. I'm right on a person, shooting them and I see like 10 x's and nothing happens. Its not as bad with the orignal controls.

scoobs

mr_nothin said:
I had to go back to the original settings. At one point..High Precision mode clicked with me. But now...coupled with the lag, it's horrible. I'm right on a person, shooting them and I see like 10 x's and nothing happens. Its not as bad with the orignal controls.

I've never played better.. I love the HP controls.

mr_nothin

Banned
aj2good4you2 said:
i tried to convince memorycure to give u his ps3 the other day but he said no :lol
:lol :lol :lol

Haha, really? That's funny
Keep bugging him! He'll give in!

Thing is....he's bored with KZ2 now. He just started liking it like 2 weeks ago (he's been playing on and off since the beta).

You hear that AssemblyRequired? Give it back! you're bored...stop playing KZ2.

scoobs said:
I've never played better.. I love the HP controls.
Well, the perfect balance for me would be HP mode for the scopes and the orignal controls for hip shooting. That'd be perfect for me. I know...I know, the more they give...the more we want! I want my server/ping info patch now dammit!

-viper-

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
I have a really hard time getting kills with the sniper rifle while other players are moving, but then again I'm never that good with a sniper rifle on any game....
The sniper rifle is SO hard to use. I can't kill anyone with it.

Facism

-viper- said:
The sniper rifle is SO hard to use. I can't kill anyone with it.

I've had nothing but success with the rifle now HP controls exist. It's like leaning over and slapping my cock on an enemy's face.

KZObsessed

A.R.K said:
Damn dude kz2 claims another victim. Mine died
the same way while playing kz demo. WTF is the deal with
them dying while playing kz2??? Too much awesomeness to handle??
Hope you get yours soon

Thanx man!

Yeh, running a PS4 game on PS3 is surely gonna take it's toll :p

There's a load of PSP games which I havn't had time to play, so that'll keep me occupied. FFVII as well <3

KZObsessed

Facism said:
I've had nothing but success with the rifle now HP controls exist. It's like leaning over and slapping my cock on an enemy's face.

I found the sniper rifle quite difficult to use with HP controls, mostly because I can't be bothered to change my sensitivity settings. I still did well with it but it was pretty difficult. With the normal controls I could take a guy out running at full speed with 1 shot the majority of the time, just have the cross hair at a certain distance in front and bam. I bend bulletz!

Only tried the sniper once after the HP controls tho, so it would have gotten easier to use I guess. Man, I missed the sniper :( It was the most fun class, but as time went on I got more and more annoyed at people not bothering to try and complete the objectives so I'd always play as Tactician or Engineer and try and win. Ahh good times.

I'm really eager to see where they'll take KZ3 online. Remove boost, assault and rocket launchers. Add a demolition class designed to destroy turrets and bots easier for breaking through defense, so you don't need assault anymore. Larger maps, force smaller maps to only be played by smaller numbers. Dedicated servers and party system. Perfect.

Andvary said:
Please invite me to GAFe FFObsessed! :)

GAF I am sorry for abandoning Killzone 2. I am coming back with a headset to boot this time around. My PS3 is still out for repair, but when I get it back expect to see me online. I'm going to practice hard so I can get into one of our premiere clans. :D

Also should I go ahead and buy the map pack DLC?

pixelbox

mr_nothin said:
I don't know what those x's are but they aren't very accurate for me either. Maybe they're suppose to indicate "potential" hits, like under the right circumstances bullets will hit there. IDK

Doc Evils

The online grinding for online trophies really got me bored. I got other games to play and killzon 2 dones't really pull me in, then again all shooters these days bore me.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So last night in Pyrhus Rise, about halfway through the match, all gunfire sounds went silent. The music and all the other sounds were playing as normal. Anyone have this happen?

KZObsessed

alr1ghtstart said:
So last night in Pyrhus Rise, about halfway through the match, all gunfire sounds went silent. The music and all the other sounds were playing as normal. Anyone have this happen?

Yeh that happened to me all the time during long games. Made things a bit more challenging when you can't hear if someone is firing at you. :p

pixelbox said:
I don't know what those x's are but they aren't very accurate for me either. Maybe they're suppose to indicate "potential" hits, like under the right circumstances bullets will hit there. IDK

The red X's indicate hits. Well they should :p Also when you get the red X your aim sticks a little to the target and subsequent shots are more likey to hit. That's the auto aim/aim assist.

Sometimes tho the red X will appear no where near your shot, or even far away from the enemy character. The former I think caused by having too much auto aim, or just a slight bug with the auto aim when combined with the spread of the weapons. The latter is caused by lag. Which seemed to get worse after they introduced HP controls. I thought that was the cause, as if there was a bug with the auto aim caused by the HP controls, but it could have just been caused by lag, and was just a coincidence I saw it happen for the first time after HP was introduced.

pixelbox

FFObsessed said:
The red X's indicate hits. Well they should :p Also when you get the red X your aim sticks a little to the target and subsequent shots are more likey to hit. That's the auto aim/aim assist. Sometimes tho the red X will appear no where near your shot, or even far away from the enemy character. The former I think caused by having too much auto aim, or just a slight bug with the auto aim when combined with the spread of the weapons. The latter is caused by lag. Which seemed to get worse after they introduced HP controls. I thought that was the cause, as if there was a bug with the auto aim caused by the HP controls, but it could have just been caused by lag, and was just a coincidence I saw it happen for the first time after HP was introduced.
Are you sure that's how the aim assist works? Cause what i've notice is when you hold the trigger down near an enemy, it tends to follow the enemy. That's all the AA i've noticed. But i don't use the crosshairs so what do i know...

Thrakier

I'm getting close to the online trophies now. However there is one fucking badge left I don't want to get. Melee Kills. Ten in one round. Man, this isn't a fucking bralwer, it's a shooter!!! Whoever came up with this idea...kill him with fire.

KZObsessed

Your aim will follow the enemy anyway. Standing parallel to a doorway use a shotgun or SMG especially and when an enemy runs through the door your aim gets taken with it. Not as bad as CoD4 or R2 but it happens.

I'm just talking about shooting from the hip in regards to the red Xs, which is how I get most of my kills. When you get the Red X, the recoil and spread of your shots are reduced slightly for subsequent shots and your shots will stick to the enemy a bit more. When you're hitting and getting the red X's you can hold down the trigger a bit longer without the spread making you miss as much. Tap. Taaap. Hold. Dead.

pixelbox

FFObsessed said:
Your aim will follow the enemy anyway. Standing parallel to a doorway use a shotgun or SMG especially and when an enemy runs through the door your aim gets taken with it. Not as bad as CoD4 or R2 but it happens.

I'm just talking about shooting from the hip in regards to the red Xs, which is how I get most of my kills. When you get the Red X, the recoil and spread of your shots are reduced slightly for subsequent shots and your shots will stick to the enemy a bit more. When you're hitting and getting the red X's you can hold down the trigger a bit longer without the spread making you miss as much. Tap. Taaap. Hold. Dead.
Ah, ok. But i wonder if none of that applies if crosshair is disabled...

Thrakier said:
I'm getting close to the online trophies now. However there is one fucking badge left I don't want to get. Melee Kills. Ten in one round. Man, this isn't a fucking bralwer, it's a shooter!!! Whoever came up with this idea...kill him with fire.
I still need my melee kills too, Thrakier. Wanna meet up and play for them? I'll be available about 10:30pm Eastern time (US) tonight.

shattyboombatty said:
I seriously doubt it's caused by the size of the HDD; it's much more likely to be seek speed or cache or something. I only have a 250GB drive in my PS3, though, so I can't give you a definite answer. Doing a quick Google search didn't turn up a trend for this, though, just a few widely scattered issues. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Liabe Brave said:
I seriously doubt it's caused by the size of the HDD; it's much more likely to be seek speed or cache or something. I only have a 250GB drive in my PS3, though, so I can't give you a definite answer. Doing a quick Google search didn't turn up a trend for this, though, just a few widely scattered issues. Sorry I couldn't help more.

I'm also sure it's something with the drive specs besides the size, but the trend seemed to be mainly with 500GB drives... maybe manufacturers needed/decided to adjust cache configuration/drive speed or whatever at that capacity that affected how KZ/PS3 utilized the drive. All I know is that KZ2 is unplayable on my ps3 and it sucks. =(

icechai

A.R.K said:
What time GAF usually plays? Also do you guys play new map packs? I might have to buy them if GAF only plays new maps.

a lot of the US guys play around 11p EST, and seems like most have map packs but play whatever

Top Bottom