• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
beast786 said:
I am not. I can even give you the number its in NJ. Call and confirm it i can PM you the number if you want

it's okay, duder, I just wish I had it in my greedy hands already. I believe he told you that, I just don't believe it will be a national unveiling.

WTFing

Banned
beast786 said:
I am not. I can even give you the number its in NJ. Call and confirm it i can PM you the number if you want
Impossible! :lol
You can't have KZ2 before us Europeans, don't even dream about it :lol

xiked

Banned
surprised that Sony can do ads, and this one was actually good! Has hell frozen over?

I will get KZ2 day one and I have almost convinced seven co workers at my store to buy it :p hehe

Need to get paid from Sony for that....

KZObsessed

Ha. Just been playing the demo again and I was messing around with the A.I. chasing them round trying to confuse them, and there were two guys left. Killed one and I was looking around the warehouse for the second. I stop. Reload. And then he comes round the back of that large shelving unit up behind me, and before he shoots me in the back he says: "Pretty dumb!"

They're a cheeky bunch :lol

xiked

Banned
FFObsessed said:
I stop. Reload. And then he comes round the back of that large shelving unit up behind me, and before he shoots me in the back he says: "Pretty dumb!"

for real? that's darn smart AI...

FFObsessed said:
And then he comes round the back of that large shelving unit up behind me, and before he shoots me in the back he says: "Pretty dumb!"

Haha, yes. If you let yourself die (or just do so) they will generally pose, point at you, or laugh it up that they got you.

If you perish near your buddies, though, they will run over to you, sometimes calling out to some medical unit off-screen and pointing at you.

Dragnet

FFObsessed said:
Ha. Just been playing the demo again and I was messing around with the A.I. chasing them round trying to confuse them, and there were two guys left. Killed one and I was looking around the warehouse for the second. I stop. Reload. And then he comes round the back of that large shelving unit up behind me, and before he shoots me in the back he says: "Pretty dumb!"

As cool as that as, I think we all know that's just one of those 'right place right time' kinda moments that won't happen again. :( Like the leg twitch in that gif from a while back...that was just the ragdoll glitching.

Man I feel like a party pooper after saying that. I take it all back! D

Kittonwy

Banned
BradleyUK said:
8 More days!!!!

664mukkftz.gif

Yippe

Datz awesome.
KlintIndifference.gif

F#A#Oo

Banned
FFObsessed said:

Man when ever I see you on my list your either playing the KZ2 demo or PES iirc.:lol

A.R.K

FFObsessed said:

LOL awesome.. man I can't wait to get my fixed PS3 back tonight and play the demo again and again till next week :D

By the way, I am really delighted Sony fixed my PS3 and returned it back in 10 days! Props to their service.

KZObsessed

Dragnet said:
As cool as that as, I think we all know that's just one of those 'right place right time' kinda moments that won't happen again. :( Like the leg twitch in that gif from a while back...that was just the ragdoll glitching.

Man I feel like a party pooper after saying that. I take it all back! D

Well, even if it doesn't ever happen again, the cool thing is that it could happen again. As well as dozens of awesome little moments like that.

F#A#Oo said:
Man when ever I see you on my list your either playing the KZ2 demo or PES iirc.:lol

PES 2008 as well :lol

I did just finish Bioshock for the first time tho, and I play Burnout now and again. Played through R2's campaign today up until Iceland. And I just got Dead Space so I'll be playing that this weekend probably. People speak very highly of that so I'm excited to play it. Will play Flower some more as well.

Come the 25th tho... KZ2 only.
KlintIndifference.gif

F#A#Oo

Banned
Facism said:
Yeh :D

For me it's either KZ2 demo or fifa09. I just discovered the BaP mode :O

BaP mode is very good if not a little short compared to the 20 odd seasons PES has for "Be a Legend"...I have only got thru 3 season in BaL but have gone through BaP iirc twice thus far...

EazyB

Banned
Just got my 360 pad adapter and decided to give the KZ2 demo a few more runs. While the reticle acceleration is still a bit problematic I'm digging the controls a lot more now. If anyone's been on the fence about buying one of the adapters than they shouldn't worry much. I've only had just now to play around with it but it works flawlessly.

I've got all I need now, just waitin for my amazon pre-order to ship. :D

Thrakier

German MTV Gameone KZ2 Preview/Review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzuigI-Al3A&eurl=http://forum.onpsx.net/showthread.php?p=426190

Basically what they are saying is that the game is perfect despite the controls. They are actually showing comparisons to other shooters...at least they have different opinions on that but in the end it comes across more like a negative point.

I have to say that I think the whole control discussion is way overblown. From the very first moment I had the feeling that the game feels very different but still optimized in what it does. If you use iron sight you can be very precise. It just feels sluggish (or heavy, I prefer that because I think it's true) if you want to turn very fast and stuff like that. But you can do very fine and precise moves too if you want to.

If you play COD or R2 after you played the demo for a while you think "wait something is missing". It just feels strange because this heavy feeling and that you are weilding a big gun is completly missing. After a few rounds I get used to it again and it's fine and I also like the feeling that I can very precise and fast with my movements. It's just...two different worlds. KZ2 for me is like a Gears of War FPS and it feels very similar to me.

:)

Oh, and that lag think is imo a complete hoax. Sure there is lag - like there is lag in any other game too.

MechDX

EazyB said:
Just got my 360 pad adapter and decided to give the KZ2 demo a few more runs. While the reticle acceleration is still a bit problematic I'm digging the controls a lot more now. If anyone's been on the fence about buying one of the adapters than they shouldn't worry much. I've only had just now to play around with it but it works flawlessly.

Wow! I like that idea more than the Saitek solution I ordered:

41es7X2BY%2BL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Though the Saitek one has a "PS Home" button on it as well. Will it work with the 360 wireless PC adapter by chance?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
EazyB said:

um, this game features a bunch of sixaxis functions. It might not work how you expect.

EazyB

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
um, this game features a bunch of sixaxis functions. It might not work how you expect.
I realize there are a couple of gimmicky uses here and there in the campaign (like tilting the controller to plant explosive charges) but I'll just quickly reasign the controller to my DS3 when I have to do those. I plan to spend most of my time with the MP though and the only implementation there IIRC is the sniper adjustments which I can live without.

nib95

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
:lol that is just some embarrassing stuff I am so dyslexic.
I have a 300 dpi version but its pretty huge I can upload it if you want.

Lol yea. Helghan belongs to the Helghast too.

WTFing

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
:lol that is just some embarrassing stuff I am so dyslexic.
I have a 300 dpi version but its pretty huge I can upload it if you want.
Don't worry man, I'm the worst english speaker on GAF. Just send me a link via pm, and I share it with everybody. Thanks for your awesome OPs
edit: I mean, I'll host the file. ;)

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
tass0 said:
What's with all this Google search results stuff? Why doesn't mine do this?

it might be in your settings if you're a Google user (with ID), but maybe it's a browser setting. It's called autocomplete.

Top Bottom