• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Facism

FFObsessed said:
Really? What was wrong with it?

I might actually be able to get it fixed pretty cheap. I'm just gonna wait til August 18th see if they announce the Slim... at a good price. No more than £299 plz.

if you start playing kz2 again, i will too, get yo ps3 fixed

Kittonwy

Banned
I still have 4 outstanding invites pending: Mr Nothin, Carolina-Blue, AndyPants and someone I can't remember right now, please accept or decline so I can know whether I have room to invite people who still want to be part of the clan.
angry.gif

blue999new

Neo Member
HELP!HELP! HELP!Have a problem with tournament!

we now have a problem with tournament:we can’t join any match arranged by system,when we push O button,it returns the message:"the game does not exist".this problem occures 2 times in our clan match or tournament.we dont know what the problem is,the only thing we know is our clan can’t join any match anymore.our clan’s name is "Stage1st" as [S1] ,hope anyone can solve it.thank you T T

Dynamic3

Kittonwy said:
I still have 4 outstanding invites pending: Mr Nothin, Carolina-Blue, AndyPants and someone I can't remember right now, please accept or decline so I can know whether I have room to invite people who still want to be part of the clan.
angry.gif

Yeah I'm on standby waiting to bust some caps into some asses over here!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
FFObsessed said:
Really? What was wrong with it?

I might actually be able to get it fixed pretty cheap. I'm just gonna wait til August 18th see if they announce the Slim... at a good price. No more than £299 plz.
Yellow light of death.
I fixed it with my bare hands! :mad:

Vinlaen

Has anybody used the FragFx v2 (with latest firmware!) or the XIM with this game?

I'm trying to decide between the two different controllers...

ViolentP said:
It might be that time to finally boot this one up again, buy all the map packs and get into the shit. Though I'd be lying if I didn't say I missed the old Resistance days.

I wholeheartedly agree, those days were AWESOME. Not to spark too a controversial debate, but Insomniac did IMO drop the ball on both weapons (at most points) and the MP in general.

Im pretty bitter that they killed the dragon flamethrower from the original :(.

noah111

Still Alive
Firewire said:
From the new map pack trailer it seems like the flamethrower has greater distance when fired.
Yeah, it seems that way.. the bolt gun has got me interested though, I wonder what it'll look like to the guy who got shot. :D

ViolentP

highluxury said:
I wholeheartedly agree, those days were AWESOME. Not to spark too a controversial debate, but Insomniac did IMO drop the ball on both weapons (at most points) and the MP in general.

I don't feel so bad about the second game knowing that my memories of the first one go untainted. But yeah, Killzone 2. Getting my first paycheck in about a year today and I think I know what I'll be getting.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
msdstc said:
Just a heads up... it can break usually every few weeks again. But it can still be reflowed :D
Im aware of that.
So im probably not going to use my PS3 until KOFXII is released

ViolentP said:
I don't feel so bad about the second game knowing that my memories of the first one go untainted.

I guess you just accepted the comprimise. Personally I havent, I guess my expectation were way high when the sequel was announced.

Anyway, I thought GG adjusted the power of the shotgun & air drone? Its been quite a while since Ive played the game, just booted it up yesterday for trophy hunting. And it seems like the shotgun is still way strong and the air drone way weak as I remember it.

Or did I miss something? I could've sworn I read they were working on this some time ago....

ViolentP

highluxury said:
I guess you just accepted the comprimise. Personally I havent, I guess my expectation were way high when the sequel was announced.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the series. It's just that this day in age of game development, there just aren't any more guarantees. Or at least that's my outlook on the matter.

mr_nothin

Banned
Kittonwy said:
angry.gif
:(

I'm still down for the offer!
Just...no ps3 right now :lol

SOON though!

patsu

highluxury said:

Aye, men don't look back and shed tears.

Helghast soldiers ahead !

... The Chimeras will return in R3.

One thing that still makes me surprised is why GG didnt give hybrid users a different player skin. It would add to the depth of making split classes and visually enhancing it by showing their choice by wearing a different unifom.

That would really make the MP stand out more compared to games that are pretty familiar like Team Fortress 2.

I greatly appreciate the option to select a different secondary skill, which is a step in the right right direction if you want evolve the foundations of the MP element they got here.

But Im pretty disappointed that GG didnt either think of or include a different skin for each hybrid out there.

Also, they could build on the hybrid classes concept and mix certain skills into new skills. Of course there would be a question of balancing though.

I hope that we'll see that in the sequel. or maybe by an update?

A.R.K

Kittonwy said:
GG guyz, that RNA warzone room was laggy though. I lagged out and tried to get back in but it was full.
Indifferent2.gif

Yeah that room was really laggy. I remeber me and someone else sprayed 1000s of bullets in an airbot and it was just standing there shooting and then suddenly disappeared :lol

Also when I was the assasination target in one of the games last night (I thing it was HI map), you guys left me for dead!!!! I was fucking shouting for a medic and no one would come in. I even heard some say 'oh its over anyways'...WTF man! :lol It ain't over till its over!!!! :D. We would have won that round if some medic would have come and revived me as I needed like 30 more seconds or if you would have not left me in the first place to be all alone defending myself!!!

Firewire

Banned
A.R.K said:
Yeah that room was really laggy. I remeber me and someone else sprayed 1000s of bullets in an airbot and it was just standing there shooting and then suddenly disappeared :lol

Also when I was the assasination target in one of the games last night (I thing it was HI map), you guys left me for dead!!!! I was fucking shouting for a medic and no one would come in. I even heard some say 'oh its over anyways'...WTF man! :lol It ain't over till its over!!!! :D. We would have won that round if some medic would have come and revived me as I needed like 30 more seconds or if you would have not left me in the first place to be all alone defending myself!!!

I was running hard to save you but I didn't make it in time. Sorry :(

A.R.K

Firewire said:
I was running hard to save you but I didn't make it in time. Sorry :(

Thanks man at least you tried :). Next time stay closer to assasination target so you don't have to go far to help :)

3707771090_5a3af9246a_o.jpg

These new maps look all nice and danddy but its still same blue/brown/gray color tones. GG when will we get some maps without the muggy skies and fog and what not. It would be nice to have some maps with clear blue skies and lush greenery or is that stuff reserved for KZ3 only?

A.R.K said:
Thanks man at least you tried :). Next time stay closer to assasination target so you don't have to go far to help :)

3707771090_5a3af9246a_o.jpg

These new maps look all nice and danddy but its still same blue/brown/gray color tones. GG when will we get some maps without the muggy skies and fog and what not. It would be nice to have some maps with clear blue skies and lush greenery or is that stuff reserved for KZ3 only?

Seriously. I'm getting bored of these muddy looking maps. I really think the KZ2 engine looks best in daylight and with sharp, clean architecture like Radec Academy.

When starting the designs for new maps, we always look at the feedback from the community. What makes the old maps fun? What can be improved? The focus of these maps was to create relatively smaller and tighter, more close-combat orientated maps than before, in order to both support 12-24 player games as well as satisfy our shotgun/assault-rifle audience.
Does not compute.

Internet Celebrity said:
Does not compute.

Yeah, I gotta say that the structure of the maps isnt really a problem.

They should really give the maps a rest, and look back and see what they can improve or change on the MP gameplay system. THAT should be their focus.

I think I played with you guys last night.....Lemm, Kittonwy, Cpt Msomething, ARK, mgvipersomething and a few others. Yous guys lost to a bunch of randoms on Radec :lol

I was on the other team and in 1st place of course.....destroying you boys.....

psn:uscrules1208

GAF is good, but could never quite beat us OA-T guys....

Kittonwy

Banned
brandumpling said:
I think I played with you guys last night.....Lemm, Kittonwy, Cpt Msomething, ARK, mgvipersomething and a few others. Yous guys lost to a bunch of randoms on Radec :lol

You should dump that awful OA clan and join us when we have room srsly.
gstongue.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
A.R.K said:

We were leading in that game when I lagged out, what happened?
KlintIndifference.gif

dumping the OA-T clan would be like trading in a BMW (OA) for a Pinto (GAF). It's fun to play with you guys though....im just talking trash. You guys have some good players.

Facism

brandumpling said:

OA ah? I remember we panned your arses and you had that one guy who sounded like he was screaming through the cock in his mouth.

I dont know all your sceen names and PSN's boys, but I do remember that OA-T beat GAFA 3 times.....100 valor or not. We were never a very active clan, but we sure were able to handle you guys easily :lol

KZ2 might have been the biggest dissappointment to me yet but I don't really dislike it. I preordered the game (first game I have preordered ever and I have been playing since NES days) but still I have played the game for little over two hours online and I think that I haven't even touched the campaign yet.

Dunno why, I just can't find motivation to play it. I did see my brother finishing the campaign but whatever, maybe I should try picking it up again?

PetriP-TNT said:
KZ2 might have been the biggest dissappointment to me yet but I don't really dislike it. I preordered the game (first game I have preordered ever and I have been playing since NES days) but still I have played the game for little over two hours online and I think that I haven't even touched the campaign yet.

Dunno why, I just can't find motivation to play it. I did see my brother finishing the campaign but whatever, maybe I should try picking it up again?

Try it, its OK despite the over use of ''fuck'' being used as a comma inbetween the dialogue.

Robot 492

Banned
PetriP-TNT said:

I'd at least give the online another shot. If you find the right room (Not 32p on Radec), its a lot of fun.

Also, be sure to join a room that's your rank only.

A.R.K

H_Prestige said:
Seriously. I'm getting bored of these muddy looking maps. I really think the KZ2 engine looks best in daylight and with sharp, clean architecture like Radec Academy.

yeah but even radec doesn't have blue clear sunny skies :(. Seriously I want to see how KZ2 engine can render something like crysis beaches, trees etc...it would look fucking awesome me thinks!
gladtomeetya.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
PetriP-TNT said:

To make the game fun:

1) Play with GAF
2) Don't throw spawns
3) Don't heal people who died in the middle of a firefight
4) Remember to clean up your turrets when playing as an engineer, if you don't need a turret at a certain location, destroy it so you or someone else can place one at a needed location.
5) Do stick your teammates with C4.

Indifferent2.gif

A.R.K

Kittonwy said:
We were leading in that game when I lagged out, what happened?
KlintIndifference.gif

we did win that game but lost the assasination round as I layed down there half dead for a long time waiting for a medic but then finally someone threw a grenade and I was done :(

agaru

Kittonwy said:
To make the game fun:

1) Play with GAF
2) Don't throw spawns
3) Don't heal people who died in the middle of a firefight
4) Remember to clean up your turrets when playing as an engineer, if you don't need a turret at a certain location, destroy it so you or someone else can place one at a needed location.
5) Do stick your teammates with C4.

Indifferent2.gif
ur like teh lao tzu of killzone 2
Indifferent2.gif

Top Bottom