• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

I just had the most aggravating match. We were winning by about 75% to 25% during capture and hold and all of a sudden 6 full ranked guys from some clan called *26 or 26* join the opposite team and come back to win. Then they spawn camp and glitch to win the next 2 rounds all the while people on my team keep jumping over to theirs until we are outnumber 3 to 1. Shit like this makes me so angry.

Robot 492

Banned
SuperSonic1305 said:
I just had the most aggravating match. We were winning by about 75% to 25% during capture and hold and all of a sudden 6 full ranked guys from some clan called *26 or 26* join the opposite team and come back to win. Then they spawn camp and glitch to win the next 2 rounds all the while people on my team keep jumping over to theirs until we are outnumber 3 to 1. Shit like this makes me so angry.
Games without faction balancing piss me off. I also hate when people switch teams halfway through the game just so they can win. Its stupid.

nskinnear said:
I also hate when people switch teams halfway through the game just so they can win. Its stupid.
You can't switch teams if you've spawned. You can only leave and come back as the other team, and in that case you've already posted statistics and you don't get anything.

noah111

Still Alive
This just seems like one of those games where when you get in the right game, playing with the right people etc, it can be simply an amazing experience, but anytime other than that it's either ok or a complete clusterfuck/annoyance for the player. :\

Hopefully everyone has had at least one amazing game like im talking about, but it seems like those experienced are rare these days.. :(

Kittonwy

Banned
templeusox said:
Beachhead is unplayable for me. Not sure how others feel about it.

Beach head is only fun when your team has control, it takes a strong co-ordinated team with concentrated fire power to take beach head unlike the other maps were you can get away somewhat by lone-wolfing.
Indifferent2.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Just had a 32p clusterfuck on Beach Head with all classes/weapons/FF on. It was...interesting. The airbots are absolute rape on that level.

Will play a few matches tonight.

Kittonwy

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
Just had a 32p clusterfuck on Beach Head with all classes/weapons/FF on. It was...interesting. The airbots are absolute rape on that level.

Will play a few matches tonight.

Where r u joe.
Indifferent2.gif

polyh3dron said:
It's from Killzone 1, which is a clusterfuck of a game so it's quite fitting.

Not really. Killzone 1's 8 on 8 matchups and pacing made Beachead a perfect map for that game. Probably even better than southern hills, canyon, park terminal, and other classics.

TheFatOne

I have to apologize to Lemm, and LB, and the OA guy. I wasn't in a good mood when I started to play the game. So all I did was bitch and complain which made me play like ass :( I think I was lagging though. I would shoot people and they would die late.

Edit: I did have to sick assassination though. Both times I destroyed the other team :lol

My first assassination was awesome. 5 against 1 and I flanked everyone. Went behind them killed three guys and got the target.

http://killzone.com/kz/tour_round_history.psml?kz_match_id=6608545&kz_file_id=6877411

My second assassination I run into the room and destroy three guys :lol

http://killzone.com/kz/tour_round_history.psml?kz_match_id=6608853&kz_file_id=6877669

Check the box Lyulf for when the ISA have to defend for assassination

turn

Banned
I'm not sure if I'll buy the next map pack. I've bought both the last two, and I hardly ever find rooms that have them in the list.
There's a couple for the first week or so after they come out, but after that it's just back to the original maps.
GG needs to promote these better or do something different, because I feel like not enough people are buying them and I hardly ever find myself paying them.

icechai

TheFatOne said:
Edit: I did have to sick assassination though. Both times I destroyed the other team :lol

not sure having our VIP target be a dumbass on Helghast Industries counts as "destroying" the other team :p Yeah you were complaining like crazy today lol, good fun though. Come to my team sometime so i don't have to play stupid engineer. Hate that class but you have to have them on your team for the turrets >_<

TheFatOne

turn said:
I'm not sure if I'll buy the next map pack. I've bought both the last two, and I hardly ever find rooms that have them in the list.
There's a couple for the first week or so after they come out, but after that it's just back to the original maps.
GG needs to promote these better or do something different, because I feel like not enough people are buying them and I hardly ever find myself paying them.

The problem is that people who don't have the maps can't join the game. It would be easier if they could join, but then would be booted when the new map comes up, but GG are idiots.

icechai

turn said:

couple games i now see have full map rotations with the new maps in them :) Hope a few more servers like that go up... Or better yet, why doesn't KZ2 just run a few official servers? Fast bandwidth, large & medium servers, running with full maps... its no warhawk in the online department :p

TheFatOne

icechai said:
not sure having our VIP target be a dumbass on Helghast Industries counts as "destroying" the other team :p Yeah you were complaining like crazy today lol, good fun though. Come to my team sometime so i don't have to play stupid engineer. Hate that class but you have to have them on your team for the turrets >_<

Yea the second one was a little cheap, but 3 on 1 is still 3 on 1. The first one though was amazing. It looked so awesome to. It is hard to describe. I just saw 5 people moving as a unit to their base(which looked awesome). I just waited till I didn't see anyone else coming to help and made a run for it. I was hiding in the worst place possible to, but you guys were preoccupied with the target. After I kill three people I hear someone say shit, and then it was all over.

Edit: I used to play exclusively tactician, but GAFA never really had any great engineers so I switched. I used to hate the shotgun now I love it (hate the lag). The only thing that sucks is when I play against good people and I miss. I just say fuck I missed and now I'm dead :lol I kept saying that to you every time I missed, and sure enough most of the time you would kill me.

Kittonwy

Banned
TheFatOne said:
I have to apologize to Lemm, and LB, and the OA guy. I wasn't in a good mood when I started to play the game. So all I did was bitch and complain which made me play like ass :( I think I was lagging though. I would shoot people and they would die late.

My first assassination was awesome. 5 against 1 and I flanked everyone. Went behind them killed three guys and got the target.

http://killzone.com/kz/tour_round_history.psml?kz_match_id=6608545&kz_file_id=6877411

My second assassination I run into the room and destroy three guys :lol

http://killzone.com/kz/tour_round_history.psml?kz_match_id=6608853&kz_file_id=6877669

Check the box Lyulf for when the ISA have to defend for assassination

Both times I was a couple of shots from taking you out.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
icechai said:

Yeah I didn't know what's up with that guy, we were like "go back go back", he was kept going forward.

Anyway gg guyz.
angry.gif

turn

Banned
TheFatOne said:
The problem is that people who don't have the maps can't join the game. It would be easier if they could join, but then would be booted when the new map comes up, but GG are idiots.
I don't think that's the problem, I think the problem is not enough people have them.
I don't think people like creating rooms with the new maps because they won't get as many people to join, and of course they want a full room, because that means they're kewl, right?!?
Right?

Firewire

Banned
Fuck! I lost yet another DS3 last night. My controller just keeps shutting itself off for some reason, its fully charged so I don't know whats going on. Kept having to hit the PS button but after a few seconds it would just shut down over & over. And it hit at the worst fucking time when I was the assassination target. My apologies guys.

Just picked up two new controllers and fuck was it expensive. :(

icechai

Firewire said:
Fuck! I lost yet another DS3 last night. My controller just keeps shutting itself off for some reason, its fully charged so I don't know whats going on. Kept having to hit the PS button but after a few seconds it would just shut down over & over. And it hit at the worst fucking time when I was the assassination target. My apologies guys.

Just picked up two new controllers and fuck was it expensive. :(

wow how many have you lost total? I only had a white one broken from Warhawk (L2 got loose, and motor got messed up from all the afterburners). But the new DS3s seem to vibrate on a lower frequency so i think this won't happen anymore :p

Do we have footage of the new map packs?
I bought the last map pack set, Beachhead and the one with the nuke blast.
Fucking gorgeous, the both of them, but I wish the smoke and dust from the nuclear fallout were persistent. I hope we get a scenario like that in KZ3, where we fight the Higs with persistent windstorms.

WJD

Hi Killzone-GAF.

I'm new and haven't played my PS3 in a while. But tonight I've decided I feel like some Killzone 2. So if anyone fancies some games later tonight, or would like to invite me, my ID is Will_JD.

Cheers boys.

Façade

Neo Member
Firewire said:
Fuck! I lost yet another DS3 last night. My controller just keeps shutting itself off for some reason, its fully charged so I don't know whats going on. Kept having to hit the PS button but after a few seconds it would just shut down over & over.

Have you tried the reset button? This has happened to me a couple of times and this did the trick.

FooFighter said:
Hi Killzone-GAF.

I'm new and haven't played my PS3 in a while. But tonight I've decided I feel like some Killzone 2. So if anyone fancies some games later tonight, or would like to invite me, my ID is Will_JD.

Cheers boys.
You better be THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

borsdy said:
KZ borked my left stick from sprinting so much I guess, now I have to center it manually :(

Killzone isnt even that bad, Call of Duty 4 is worse. You gotta hold down the L3 button to sprint if I remember right. That caused major shit on my sixaxis.

hesis

Neo Member
highluxury said:
Killzone isnt even that bad, Call of Duty 4 is worse. You gotta hold down the L3 button to sprint if I remember right. That caused major shit on my sixaxis.

Nah, I think you mean BF: Bad Company. :p

FooFighter said:
I will, for All My Life.

I guess I realise there's No Way Back now that I'm finally here.

that could have gone better...
Will you wait for me...everlong?

Enough of that, I don't know why I ranked 300th today when I wasn't even planning to play :lol. The game just keeps reminding me why I love it so much.

Also I didn't realise how much better it is playing with clanmates/friends...my KDR went up 0.02 just today because I played with a mate the whole time.

hesis said:
Nah, I think you mean BF: Bad Company. :p

That too, I hate that fucking trend. I'd really prefer if they'd like make you hold down one of the shoulder buttons instead of pressing down the analog stick.

highluxury said:

I changed the controller settings so I would have to press down L3 to sprint on Killzone. I do wish they would have a toggle option though like there is for zooming.

Dementia

So, I wonder if you will be able to skewer multiple people in one shot with the boltgun. :D

It seems to carry such a ridiculous amount of momentum that you would think anyone standing behind a player that gets shot with it would get skewered too.

highluxury said:
That too, I hate that fucking trend. I'd really prefer if they'd like make you hold down one of the shoulder buttons instead of pressing down the analog stick.
This, a million times. Was one of my favourite things about R2 :lol

Top Bottom