• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

turn

Banned
Are you guys running private rooms or just creating public matches?
I'll be on in a bit, so if there's a desperate need for an extra player I'll be first in line.
I can hold my own. TURNTBL

Kittonwy

Banned
GG guyz.
Indifferent2.gif

Shearie

Re-bought the game today and I'm completely in love with the single and multiplayer again as I was when I first got the game all those months ago.

If anybody wants to add me to play online, feel free to.

PSN - Shearie

Fiftyeight

Neo Member
So I'm considering going for the top 1% trophy to secure a platinum for this game. With the newly-released map pack, however, I'm a little hesitant this week given the extra amount of traffic I assume the game will be getting.

For those of you that have earned the trophy, about how many points did you rack up that week to push you into the 1%? Furthermore, how much time did you put into the game to get it? Curious as to what I'm dealing with here.

Well arguably I'd say that it's easier to go for the 1% when the DLC is released; more players=higher number of people in top percentile. I'd say 5000-6000 points is enough, but I've never got it so don't ask me :lol

btw get adding me people, I play the game pretty regularly (in fact you'll probably only see me on kz2 ;)

rc94

Shearie said:
Re-bought the game today and I'm completely in love with the single and multiplayer again as I was when I first got the game all those months ago.

If anybody wants to add me to play online, feel free to.

PSN - Shearie

added

Internet Celebrity said:
Well arguably I'd say that it's easier to go for the 1% when the DLC is released; more players=higher number of people in top percentile. I'd say 5000-6000 points is enough, but I've never got it so don't ask me :lol

btw get adding me people, I play the game pretty regularly (in fact you'll probably only see me on kz2 ;)

rc94

and added. I am going for 1% trophy this week

Lince

Banned
holidays coming to an end... my return draws nigh :'(

so how's the game after the latest patch? lag? haven't played in a month or so

Lince said:

Well server info is in, but it doesn't include round times. Lag seems to be down a bit, apparently they did some further optimizing...although I had an internal tourny match against an american, which turned into my first experience of TELEPORTZONE 2 :lol

They tweaked the airbots health+damage+AI up, but then put the health back down again (thank god). Don't know whether you were here for 1.27, but that added high precision controls which pretty much everyone seems to like now. Assault class is not as frequently banned, although rockets are. That's pretty much it, unless I forgot something.

Oh yeah, flamethrower and boltgun DLC coming within a week or two :D

peetfeet

I haven't played KZ2 for at least 8 weeks. When did the T&S map pack come out? I played til a week after that was released. Bought the pack but could never find any games using the map packs due to the shit search functions, gave up on it completely in the end. The fact that i couldnt tell what classes/weapons were bannned before entering didn't help either!

Does this new patch solve most of those problems now? Will I easily be able to find games with the 'new' maps etc. Because of my experience with the first i'm pretty reluctant at the moment to buy the second pack...

I'll download the patch this evenin and give it a whirl, hopefully I've not been kicked out of GAFe yet?!....

Lince

Banned
Internet Celebrity said:
Oh yeah, flamethrower and boltgun DLC coming within a week or two :D

no fucking way... I guess next DLC will include a jetpack class with guided missiles, only Guerrilla Games know how to destroy their own game back and forth and back again.

peetfeet said:
I haven't played KZ2 for at least 8 weeks. When did the T&S map pack come out? I played til a week after that was released. Bought the pack but could never find any games using the map packs due to the shit search functions, gave up on it completely in the end. The fact that i couldnt tell what classes/weapons were bannned before entering didn't help either!

Does this new patch solve most of those problems now? Will I easily be able to find games with the 'new' maps etc. Because of my experience with the first i'm pretty reluctant at the moment to buy the second pack...

I'll download the patch this evenin and give it a whirl, hopefully I've not been kicked out of GAFe yet?!....

Well it shows you all the maps in rotation on the right hand side and all the disabled classes...but you can't see specifically what weapons are banned though.

YoungHav

Banned
Lince said:
no fucking way... I guess next DLC will include a jetpack class with guided missiles, only Guerrilla Games know how to destroy their own game back and forth and back again.
Amen :lol . Can't wait for the balancing issues fallout.

-viper-

Banned
Anyone got any idea when the DLC will be released? I think that is the only chance I'll have in getting my KZ2 platinum -- damn 1% trophy

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Broadbandito said:
added
and added. I am going for 1% trophy this week

Me too. I am 1082nd out of 99506 so far this week (I have 3800 points). That is just with playing after work in the evenings, but I have booked tomorrow of work and plan to play all day and all weekend so should easily be able to do it. Other people have suggested 7000 points is usually required, so I want to get to that ASAP and then anything else is a bonus.

I don't think I have ever played on Radec so much and will no doubt be sick of the sight of the place by the end of the week :D

-viper-

Banned
Bojanglez said:
Me too. I am 1082nd out of 99506 so far this week (I have 3800 points). That is just with playing after work in the evenings, but I have booked tomorrow of work and plan to play all day and all weekend so should easily be able to do it. Other people have suggested 7000 points is usually required, so I want to get to that ASAP and then anything else is a bonus.

I don't think I have ever played on Radec so much and will no doubt be sick of the sight of the place by the end of the week :D
I don't really understand what the best way to get the 1% trophy is. All bodycount Radec games are fucking AWFUL. Everyone is base camping and it's pretty hard to get kills.

How did you manage to get those 3800 points? Tell me D:

Lince said:

Well I believe only one person can have it at any one time, and also it's only available on the DLC maps. Hopefully that means they spent some time balancing them well.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
-viper- said:
I don't really understand what the best way to get the 1% trophy is. All bodycount Radec games are fucking AWFUL. Everyone is base camping and it's pretty hard to get kills.

How did you manage to get those 3800 points? Tell me D:

I play 30min death matches on small maps (Radec, Blood Gracht, Tharsis Depot). With 16-24 people.

I don't worry about getting killed I just go for as many kills as possible (this is against my nature in the game normally as I like to play sniper and sit away from the action and pick people off).

I play as engineer or saboteur with boost if available, otherwise C4.

I try and join winning teams where possible, if you are in a game and one side wins again and again I try and switch factions and join a squad with one of the good players so I stay in that faction*

I go in to the opposing teams base and try and take out as many people as I can before being killed*

I try and get at least 200 points per hour, using previously mentioned tactics this has proved quite easy, I probably get closer to 300.

Disclaimer:
*these are very cynical tactics, but as a fully grown adult with a full time job, I don't have the all the time in the world to get the required points by playing as a nice guy. The trophy itself does not take this into account and therefore people will adapt to get it. This is a classic example of where a trophy/achievement changes the way people play the game for the worse.

Bojanglez said:
I play 30min death matches on small maps (Radec, Blood Gracht, Tharsis Depot). With 16-24 people.

I don't worry about getting killed I just go for as many kills as possible (this is against my nature in the game normally as I like to play sniper and sit away from the action and pick people off).

I try and join winning teams where possible, if you are in a game and one side wins again and again I try and switch factions and join a squad with one of the good players so I stay in that faction*

I go in to the opposing teams base and try and take out as many people as I can before being killed*

I try and get at least 200 points per hour, using previously mentioned tactics this has proved quite easy, I probably get closer to 300.

Disclaimer:
*these are very cynical tactics, but as a fully grown adult with a full time job, I don't have the all the time in the world to get the required points by playing as a nice guy. The trophy itself does not take this into account and therefore people will adapt to get it. This is a classic example of where a trophy/achievement changes the way people play the game for the worse.

No fucking way dude, you're on AVF? :lol

My clan played you once...we won :D

VNZ

Bojanglez said:

I just played a couple of games where stuff like this happened, and I can only say F*CK YOU GG for making this game. I've rarely been so infuriated by a game like KZ2, but then I keep coming back because when you finally find a server with good settings (and good players) it all just comes together so beautifully.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Internet Celebrity said:
No fucking way dude, you're on AVF? :lol

My clan played you once...we won :D

Yep, I remember it well. Accusations of rocket spamming (coming from both sides) :D I was somewhere in the background sniping. There was talk of a re-match, not sure if it ever happend though, if it did I didn't play.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
VNZ said:
I just played a couple of games where stuff like this happened, and I can only say F*CK YOU GG for making this game. I've rarely been so infuriated by a game like KZ2, but then I keep coming back because when you finally find a server with good settings (and good players) it all just comes together so beautifully.

I agree, after this week I am staying away from deathmatch only games, they are a cluster fuck of point whores (I include myself in that description for this week). It is usually quite easy to avoid them, most non-deathmatch only games I have played at random tend to be well balanced and enjoyable. Where possible I tend to play with people in my clan though as I know their motives are honourable.

KZObsessed

Lince said:

I look forward to a 32 player deathmatch last man standing gets the flamethrower!... during a S&D mode. :p

If I was able to play that is :(

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:
I look forward to a 32 player deathmatch last man standing gets the flamethrower!... during a S&D mode. :p

If I was able to play that is :(

:lol

oh my long lost love FFO... don't worry you give me back your love & I'll give you a new PS3

enewtabie

Lince said:

Guerilla loves you.:D
Probably want to wait till you actually play it first. It's not class based. It's available for the specific map.

edit: ok I think I'm wrong. Looking at it, it might be available among all maps. So you might be right in your assertion.

Lince

Banned
enewtabie said:
Guerilla loves you.:D

and I love their game, I got in the top-100 ranking along with FFO and logged 500+ hours playing with my GAFe friends... I think they should have listened to both TTP and Click's suggestions instead of going all wild with the clusterfucks. Killzone 2 played with smart tacticians, banned assault/boost, good host with minimal lag and proper maps such as Salmon is the best multiplayer fps ever. We could have enjoyed this dream scenary almost every time with a party-matchmaking system and dedicated servers... here's hope for KZ3.

Bojanglez said:
Yep, I remember it well. Accusations of rocket spamming (coming from both sides) :D I was somewhere in the background sniping. There was talk of a re-match, not sure if it ever happend though, if it did I didn't play.

Nah I'm not in GAFe, my clan is VGE0 (don't know if you remember).

I'm vrc over at AVF by the way.

Oh and FFO you called me a king and bowed to me <3

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Internet Celebrity said:
Nah I'm not in GAFe, my clan is VGE0 (don't know if you remember).

I'm vrc over at AVF by the way.

Cool, always nice to see other AVFers around, as it is to see fellow GAFers in random places. Not sure if I played in the VGEO match (I have a really shit memory). I only remember the GAF game cus it was against GAF and it ended in controversy.

TheFatOne

Lince said:
and I love their game, I got in the top-100 ranking along with FFO and logged 500+ hours playing with my GAFe friends... I think they should have listened to both TTP and Click's suggestions instead of going all wild with the clusterfucks. Killzone 2 played with smart tacticians, banned assault/boost, good host with minimal lag and proper maps such as Salmon is the best multiplayer fps ever. We could have enjoyed this dream scenary almost every time with a party-matchmaking system and dedicated servers... here's hope for KZ3.

The funny thing is that people were laughing at Click's wall of text, but most of what he said was spot on.

Absinthe

Is it bad that I haven't even played this single player yet? I've been meaning to and still can't pull myself away from the online portion

akmcbroom said:
Is it bad that I haven't even played this single player yet? I've been meaning to and still can't pull myself away from the online portion

I was going to do this until I got most of the online trophies but one day the servers were down when I wanted to play so I just started the campaign.

Kittonwy

Banned
Lince said:

Airbot is fixed now, they retain the damage but their health is back to original level so they can be destroyed more easily, still deadly but not the death machines after the patch before. Lag is better than before. Game selection screen has more details now, you can see which maps are being played and custom weapons and whatnot.
Indifferent2.gif

Lince

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Airbot is fixed now, they retain the damage but their health is back to original level so they can be destroyed more easily, still deadly but not the death machines after the patch before. Lag is better than before. Game selection screen has more details now, you can see which maps are being played and custom weapons and whatnot.
Indifferent2.gif

sounds quite nice, like they really took the time to further improve the game, thanks GG. First thing I'm doing when I'm back home is buying tons of ice-creams and drinks and play KZ2 non-stop for a couple of days, I heard you guys joined GAFe so that should make things even better :D

turn

Banned
Also, did anyone noticed they fixed how stupid looking the medic's gun looked?!
That was incredibly cool of Guerrilla. Did anyone notice this either?
DLC3 announced?

Wollan

Napalm flamethrower combined with actual wind physics.

*shaking my head
in awe

Edit: Hey, Arctower... looks like a certain KZ1 MP map?

Kittonwy

Banned
Wollan said:
Napalm flamethrower combined with actual wind physics.

*shaking my head
in awe

Edit: Hey, Arctower... looks like a certain KZ1 MP map?

The flamethrower is going to be interesting in terms of the community response.
Indifferent2.gif

Wollan

Kittonwy said:
The flamethrower is going to be interesting in terms of the community response.
Indifferent2.gif
It's a fetch weapon with obvious disadvantages. Can't possibly see how someone can complain about that though surely there will be.

Dibbz

Just played some 4v4 on Blood Gracht. Holy shit is the game amazing when you play with the right amount of people on the right maps.

FFS GG they should put damn limits or have dedicated rooms with set limits on them! If only everyone could see how good the game is when your not in the middle of a 32p clusterfuck. :(

nskinnear said:

I like it.

GG please bundle all the maps already.

Dibbz said:
Just played some 4v4 on Blood Gracht. Holy shit is the game amazing when you play with the right amount of people on the right maps.

FFS GG they should put damn limits or have dedicated rooms with set limits on them! If only everyone could see how good the game is when your not in the middle of a 32p clusterfuck. :(

I don't think we'll have any dedicated servers on Killzone 2, maybe (hopefully) on future games, according to the interview I posted a couple of pages back. But at least they are considering adding hardcore, no respawn mode to Killzone 2. :D

Top Bottom