• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Firewire

Banned
icechai said:
wow how many have you lost total? I only had a white one broken from Warhawk (L2 got loose, and motor got messed up from all the afterburners). But the new DS3s seem to vibrate on a lower frequency so i think this won't happen anymore :p
I'm on my third now, the first went down because the left stick screwed up. I'm on my 5th controller overall though. 2 originals went down because of R1 & Wipeout HD. :(

Kittonwy

Banned
I'm on now.
Indifferent2.gif

A.R.K

Kittonwy said:
How the fuck did we as a clan get base-camped like that. WTF. It's a fucking disgrace.
Indifferent2.gif

who was throwing those fucking spawn points at the least useful place and in opposite direction is my question!!! .
Indifferent2.gif

A.R.K

Firewire said:
gg guys, that last body count was long but allot of fun!

too long for my taste :/ .. besides other team was 1/2 our size and not that good .. no challange..they were begging someone from our team to join them and of course no one wanted to join the losers :lol

Firewire said:
gg guys, that last body count was long but allot of fun!
How can I hook up with the Neogaf crew on Killzone? My PS3 handle is MofoWaster, I really need more PS3 friends and this seems like a good place to start!

Kittonwy

Banned
When u guyz left, me and joe were outnumbered like 8 to 3 or somethin like that at the beginning and somehow we won 6-1 on southern hills, it was fucking epic.
Indifferent2.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
they really need to list the match lengths on the join game screen. That was fun in SH; although there's way too many available turrets in that level.

Kittonwy

Banned
A.R.K said:
who was throwing those fucking spawn points at the least useful place and in opposite direction is my question!!! .
Indifferent2.gif

It wasn't me. We've played Tharsis Depot like a million times, we should have won that game.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy said:
When u guyz left, me and joe were outnumbered like 8 to 3 or somethin like that at the beginning and somehow we won 6-1 on southern hills, it was fucking epic.
Indifferent2.gif
Yesterday my clanmate played against four people on that map, he was winning 3-0 when I joined. :lol

They were all at 'general of the army' as well :D

jayb

Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif

that was me in your squad with you and Joe ... epic indeed. :D

ShinAmano

So my buddy let me borrow this on Friday...I popped it in and started up on Vet mode. Pretty sweet game. I think I am near the end Visari Palace second floor...but I am getting my ass handed to me here...any tips?

ShinAmano said:
So my buddy let me borrow this on Friday...I popped it in and started up on Vet mode. Pretty sweet game. I think I am near the end Visari Palace second floor...but I am getting my ass handed to me here...any tips?

While you're picking off Helghast from behind that center cover spot (best bet is using the grenade launcher), do what Edgeward said, keep an eye on your left and right flanks, if you see any Helghast, immediately run over to them and knife them.

Save some grenade ammo for the rpg guys that come up eventually. Hide behind the cover over at the left/center area and bomb them from there. Always keep an eye for anyone coming up to the second floor.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Probably the best weapon in the game. It one hit kills anyone.
Not true. In the last level I found out that the knife takes two hits to kill shock troopers and flamethrower troops.

Also, been following this thread for months, but finally got accepted to this forum!

Just wondering how I could hop in a game with you guys, whats the password, room name, etc. I'm part of a clan, but we don't do anything so I won't be too broken up to leave for a better one. I'm a DAMN good player, even if my KDR sucks because of the early game, now I frequently finish bodycount matches with scores around 40/18 or so. My PSN is the same as my username.

7500, eh? When I got my Valor Rank #3 I think I got 3300 points, and I did the match I was in the top 1.67% but I think it was a Saturday night, so I didn't really have a shot of making up to the next rank.

Maybe this week it will be more possible since more people will be playing due to the new DLC.

Speaking of DLC, is anybody else pissed about it? I mean, putting the weapons in the middle of specific maps just seems so....asanine to me. I would believe it in worse designed games *cough*halo*cough* but I expected better from GG.

Speaking of DLC, is anybody else pissed about it? I mean, putting the weapons in the middle of specific maps just seems so....asanine to me. I would believe it in worse designed games *cough*halo*cough* but I expected better from GG.

By having it as a pickup anyone can use it without screwing up the classes. And I'm sure the guns will be limited as well. More than 2 flamethrowers per map would be chaos.

Magemasher13 said:
Not true. In the last level I found out that the knife takes two hits to kill shock troopers and flamethrower troops.

Also, been following this thread for months, but finally got accepted to this forum!

Just wondering how I could hop in a game with you guys, whats the password, room name, etc. I'm part of a clan, but we don't do anything so I won't be too broken up to leave for a better one. I'm a DAMN good player, even if my KDR sucks because of the early game, now I frequently finish bodycount matches with scores around 40/18 or so. My PSN is the same as my username.

I'd like to play with you guys as well.
I'm quite good player, my current KDR is 1.26, althouh i usually end up with 2:1 now. I've got 85 kills per hour average.
I am leader of an excellent clan (I think we have a win percentage of something like 70%, but killzone.com is bugged and says 1 victory and 2 defeats >_>), but since we lost a number of tournament oriented players because of some disagreements, I don't have any highly skilled players to play with anymore.
You can find my PSN in my profile (I'm not asking for clan invite, just the invite to play with you guys :D ).

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
My personal favorite is the Boltgun. Nothing beats the rag doll effect when the poor Helghast goes flying through the air and then exploding. :D
Although, yes, knife is a very dangerous weapon which does A LOT of damage and makes your life much easier if you know how to use it.

Oh yeah, figured I should mention, I am a GODLY tactician. I've memorized all the maps and the best spawn points for them, and with certain consistency I can guarantee a win when I get to play tact unhindered.

ShinAmano

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Crazy...I got to the point they started shooting rockets a couple times, but could not figure out how to deal with them.

Kittonwy

Banned
jayb said:
that was me in your squad with you and Joe ... epic indeed. :D

Good job there, they probably thought they were going to crush us but we beat them, not sure how we pulled off bodycount, it was funny when we won though.
Indifferent2.gif

ShinAmano said:
Crazy...I got to the point they started shooting rockets a couple times, but could not figure out how to deal with them.

See the first time I played the Radec fight I was having the hardest time. Especially when the rocket guys appeared. After the gap opened up which gave me access to the balcony they were standing on. I found it easiest to run up and just knife them all.

mario ate my burger said:
Does anyone here who plays Medic kill people? I just can't be bothered. I just spend the whole match running behind people and reviving them. :D

Of course, Medics are excellent for guarding ares because of their ability to revive players and heal them.
For example, if you don't have a tactician in your squad, but you need to defend, let's say, the C&H marker close to ISA base, your best bet is to go there with medics. If someone from your team dies, there is a chance that you'll be able to revive them, which saves at least 20 seconds, during which the marker could easily get overwhelmed. Blood pack is a god send in those situations, because it keeps you fresh, with much higher probability of survival during the next enemy attack.

ShinAmano

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
See the first time I played the Radec fight I was having the hardest time. Especially when the rocket guys appeared. After the gap opened up which gave me access to the balcony they were standing on. I found it easiest to run up and just knife them all.
I had no idea that anything opened up...as soon as they started I just ran around the balcony and tried to get a shot off here and there...eventually the rockets caught up...is teh gap on the ground floor?

Edgeward

I pretty much play only as a medic and don't have trouble killing and reviving, since I can't revive everyone all the time unless I just want them to die immediately again in a firefight. Blood packs are amazing, althoguh I use it more on me than for others. :D

Edit: The gap opens on the second floor on the right if you were facing the rocket guys from the opposite side. It appears after you see the cutscene of the air carrier crashing through.

ShinAmano

Edgeward said:
Edit: The gap opens on the second floor on the right if you were facing the rocket guys from the opposite side. It appears after you see the cutscene of the air carrier crashing through.
Did not get there yet ;) So just a time thing or do i need to off most of the rocket guys before this?

Edgeward

It's either after you kill everyone else not rocket guys or after you kill the first wave of rocket guys. I don't remember quite well amidst all my hate for Rico.

It gets triggered after you kill enough enemies.

I remember that fight. I played the entire game on veteran up to that point. After three hours on that fight I just said fuck it and switched the game to easy.

ShinAmano

Edgeward said:
It's either after you kill everyone else not rocket guys or after you kill the first wave of rocket guys. I don't remember quite well amidst all my hate for Rico.
Yeah no shit he is 100% worthless.

Dementia

Ugh, I'm having a tough time on Salamun Bridge on Elite. I'm at the second part right after you lower the middle section and I always get overwhelmed by those 20 fast little fuckers that rush at you as soon as you leave the building on the left. If only I could get in the tank... that tank driver is useless.

Anybody have any tips?

Edit: and god damnit garza stop telling me to clean shit up you useless motherfucker

Edgeward

I would say for that to try to ignore the other weapons and stick to your rifle for the most part. Except on occasion when you have to use one of the rockets littered along the way to take out the guys in the towers. Also I think that part suffers from CoD4 infinite respawn so pressing forward when the opportunity presents itself is very much key. If I'm even thinking of the correct level you are describing. :lol

A.R.K

Kittonwy said:
It wasn't me. We've played Tharsis Depot like a million times, we should have won that game.
Indifferent2.gif

oh I know it was certainly not you kitton, you know your tactician stuff very well. But we just got handed to us in that game as we were pinned down at the camp. I will definitely give some credit to the other team for winning big in that game and the other credit goes to stupid mistakes by our team
angry.gif

but we did come back in all the other games later...so I would say it was a fluke :lol

Rolf NB

Dementia said:
Ugh, I'm having a tough time on Salamun Bridge on Elite. I'm at the second part right after you lower the middle section and I always get overwhelmed by those 20 fast little fuckers that rush at you as soon as you leave the building on the left. If only I could get in the tank... that tank driver is useless.

Anybody have any tips?
Snipe anything you can from within the building, then switch back to the M82. Rush outside behind the tank, circle-strafe and mow the two dudes down that should already be close to your convoy, then dash behind one of the pillars on the right side of the bridge for cover. Take it slow from there.

Magemasher13 said:

These two =/=

Also, take into account that the in-game scoreboard is not an accurate representation of your real KDR, since it takes into account all bot destroys and headshots (if you have the medal). You can see this by watching your battle replays; that has your 'real' KD per say.

Top Bottom