• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Kittonwy

Banned
GG ChryZ and Dave, pew pew domination.
angry.gif

lunlunqq

hehe, good games, kittonwy and icechai.

did i pewpew someone's ass too hard? 'cause when i'm back from dinner, i got kicked out of the game...

renzengeki

Neo Member
im trying to beat the game on veteran difficulty yesterday. i think i spend 1 hour trying to beat radec (final boss fight). im stuck at the balcony part of that final battle. when the rocket launcher helghast comes out i always die. any tips?

x__x

fallagin

renzengeki said:
im trying to beat the game on veteran difficulty yesterday. i think i spend 1 hour trying to beat radec (final boss fight). im stuck at the balcony part of that final battle. when the rocket launcher helghast comes out i always die. any tips?

x__x

There is a safe area to the left of the balcony where you can avoid the rockets. You just have to watch out for the submachine guys and others who come up the stairs to get you from there. Just focus on taking guys out who you can see from there, then worry about the rocket guys.

Rikyfree

renzengeki said:

x__x
Well, what I did was, to put it bluntly, ran my ass off. I just kept running, take out a few smg'ers, keep running, take out a rocket launcher, run more, repeat. Took me only 3 tries doing that, but I'm pretty sure I got lucky.

TheFatOne

Rikyfree said:
Well, what I did was, to put it bluntly, ran my ass off. I just kept running, take out a few smg'ers, keep running, take out a rocket launcher, run more, repeat. Took me only 3 tries doing that, but I'm pretty sure I got lucky.

:lol No way it only took you three tries. Pics or it didn't happen.

fallagin

I just went to check out the last area on elite and something wierd happened. It started out normal. The first wave came from the front, but when they are supposed to come from behind, no one is there. Its just radec running around at the top of the stairs but there are no other enemies. I wonder if I can kill radec while he is up there, I'm going to try it out. probably not, but it would be cool. I can't advance anyways, because the doors to the balcony aren't going to open.

Nope didn't work. kind of fun not to be running for your life in this level though.

icechai

Kittonwy said:
GG lunlunqq and icechai, dudes wanna challenge teh clan lolz.
angry.gif

it feels so good to be playing on a lcd again, just got it fixed today (samsung 40inch) wooo. That other clan had a good shotgunner, and to their credit they never gave up and managed to get out of their spawn in Tharsis Depot even though their teammates sucked. But that was a pretty good combo of pew pew/spawn/med kits from us :)

Those were some meh games last night, & I wouldn't say that base camping a load of lieutenants is domination by any means :lol

Plus it didn't help that I was playing like a fool.

renzengeki

Neo Member
thanks for the tips :D finally beaten radec on veteran difficulty. no trophies for that though. i think i cant beat the game in elite. i need the crosshair :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
Internet Celebrity said:
Those were some meh games last night, & I wouldn't say that base camping a load of lieutenants is domination by any means :lol

Plus it didn't help that I was playing like a fool.

LOLZ. Yeah once we got a spawn rotation set up right outside ur base with enough people spawning out of it to keep control of the area it was pretty much over.

lunlunqq

Kittonwy said:
Played about a game and a half with lunlunqq. gg.
angry.gif

It is raining hard right now and my internet connection keeps getting interrupted. Have been getting "cannot connect to server" errors every 5 minutes. Just cannot play. It's always like that when raining. I think I should call them to check the wires for me. I will go back on if the rain subsides.

TheFatOne said:
:lol No way it only took you three tries. Pics or it didn't happen.
That part isn't all that bad, really. Only took me about five or six tries, and Radec himself only about three. It's the part right before that where I had trouble--where the waves of SMG dudes rush you on the balcony and Rico spends the whole time dying and yelling? That part took me probably thirty tries.

Kittonwy said:
LOLZ. Yeah once we got a spawn rotation set up right outside ur base with enough people spawning out of it to keep control of the area it was pretty much over.
Woah woah woah, now that was only the BG game, I'm referring to CC afterwards where we were all on the same team. My clan guy went 32-1 that game :lol

But anyway, both were equally as bad. Couldn't really be arsed to play tactician for the first one though, so blehh.

Liabe Brave said:
That part isn't all that bad, really. Only took me about five or six tries, and Radec himself only about three. It's the part right before that where I had trouble--where the waves of SMG dudes rush you on the balcony and Rico spends the whole time dying and yelling? That part took me probably thirty tries.

Yep, the hardest part are the SMG dudes, by far.

Alright, so I haven't played this at all since around launch, so the game + patches is a new thing. Does my memory fail me, or has the checkpoint/load stutter become significantly worse? Also, the combat is as good as I remembered it, but god damn at the rotten dialog of massive crap. For the next game, I sincerely hope they outsource that bit, because it's really embarrassingly shit.

10dollas

Banned
I guess you can count me in if yah got extra space, so as long as these stipulations are in effect :D. Kitten is barred from make distracting and confusion inducing meow noises, AJ2good doesn't play (he is so garbage), and friendly fire is off or Lyulf isn't playing if friendly fire is on. :D Oh and one more: FFO can't hit on me like he usually does.

Facism

Lince said:
FFO and Lince reporting for some GAFe clan challenges this weekend, who's in?

Live_Feed reporting also. Not saturday night though, i have a "night out."

Also, are we mixing the peasants in amongst the Hero Kings? 4v4 is fine, sure, maybe 5v5 6v6 if we get the numbers. :p

AltogetherAndrews said:
Alright, so I haven't played this at all since around launch, so the game + patches is a new thing. Does my memory fail me, or has the checkpoint/load stutter become significantly worse? Also, the combat is as good as I remembered it, but god damn at the rotten dialog of massive crap. For the next game, I sincerely hope they outsource that bit, because it's really embarrassingly shit.

The dialogue was fine for what was the story, which was really nothing but combat sequences. Bunch of fighting and angry swearing... not much else to say.

Think its more of a situation of the game needing a bit more complex story line to actually have character depth and something to actually say. KZ2 was merely, go go go, fuck shit up! KZ1 was far superior on the story telling with actual characters, intrigue, and some semblance of a plot.

KZObsessed

10dollas said:
I guess you can count me in if yah got extra space, so as long as these stipulations are in effect :D. Kitten is barred from make distracting and confusion inducing meow noises, AJ2good doesn't play (he is so garbage), and friendly fire is off or Lyulf isn't playing if friendly fire is on. :D Oh and one more: FFO can't hit on me like he usually does.

No deal!

Facism

10dollas said:
ok ffo you can hit on every sexy piece in the game, but all other stipulations still stand. Deal now?

Thrakier has his new Ps3 so i suppose FFO can do his business with him. I'm sure Thrakier would appreciate it too, stop him hanging himself from a broken heart caused by unrequited love for mancunians in brown jackets.

[edit]aaawww shiiieet rick is in too :D

Thrakier

Facism said:
Thrakier has his new Ps3 so i suppose FFO can do his business with him. I'm sure Thrakier would appreciate it too, stop him hanging himself from a broken heart caused by unrequited love for mancunians in brown jackets.

No. Not after all what he did to me. He even read that text he wasn't supposed to read. He is a mean man.

However, I would also join the fun. Without FFO.

10dollas

Banned
Facism said:

lol just lol, and ouch

KZObsessed

alr1ghtstart said:
eh, we'd probably get crushed, as everyone has been playing the UC2 beta too much.

lol probably but it'll be fun to play some clan games again and we'll never get good again unless we practice!

I'll search for some challenges 2moro and post em here for people to sign up for them.

FFObsessed said:
lol probably but it'll be fun to play some clan games again and we'll never get good again unless we practice!

I'll search for some challenges 2moro and post em here for people to sign up for them.
If you join a tourny on Sunday, maybe a 2v2 early in the evening, I'll killzone.com stalk you guys and we'll join as well. Sort of a friendly game. :)

KZObsessed

Internet Celebrity said:
If you join a tourny on Sunday, maybe a 2v2 early in the evening, I'll killzone.com stalk you guys and we'll join as well. Sort of a friendly game. :)

Cool, I'll see if Lince will join me for that. 4v4 are the best tho.

oh and shut up junior! :p

dazed808

GG's tonight Lince - you were awesome as always. That last game was sooo satisfying beating whatever that clan was. They were so cocky at the start and were not expecting the Gafe heroes to batter them in the 1st few rounds :D

Lince

Banned
dazed808 said:
GG's tonight Lince - you were awesome as always. That last game was sooo satisfying beating whatever that clan was. They were so cocky at the start and were not expecting the Gafe heroes to batter them in the 1st few rounds :D

yes Rick the BP Clan of trash talking and insulting rivals, it was such an intense game. S&D attack was tough but we ultimately made it, we always kept the faith ! :D

Lince

Banned
*** GAFe challenges for today ***

already subscribed:

22:00 GMT
4v4
Radec Academy
All missions
Assault / RL&GL banned

00:00 GMT
4v4
Tharsis Depot
All missions
Assault / RL&GL banned

we should have enough people for both challenges, so who wants to play what? I think I'll be playing at least the the first one.

there's a tempting 6v6 Salmon for tomorrow but gotta make sure we have enough people.

Facism

Lince said:
*** GAFe challenges for today ***

already subscribed:

22:00 GMT
4v4
Radec Academy
All missions
Assault / RL&GL banned

00:00 GMT
4v4
Tharsis Depot
All missions
Assault / RL&GL banned

we should have enough people for both challenges, so who wants to play what? I think I'll be playing at least the the first one.

there's a tempting 6v6 Salmon for tomorrow but gotta make sure we have enough people.

I should be able to make the 0000gmt game.

just tray

Banned
Dubbedinenglish said:
??? Erm wrong thread perhaps?

I know but a quick question. I'm playing catch up. I hated my PS3 now I consider it equal to my 360. I got this game the day it came out and I never touched multiplayer. Is this game easy online to learn? Or am I just target practice?

Massa

just tray said:
I know but a quick question. I'm playing catch up. I hated my PS3 now I consider it equal to my 360. I got this game the day it came out and I never touched multiplayer. Is this game easy online to learn? Or am I just target practice?

It's easy to learn but it requires practice.

Top Bottom