• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Violater

just tray said:
I know but a quick question. I'm playing catch up. I hated my PS3 now I consider it equal to my 360. I got this game the day it came out and I never touched multiplayer. Is this game easy online to learn? Or am I just target practice?

Stick to matches within your rank or you will be frustrated.

just tray said:
I know but a quick question. I'm playing catch up. I hated my PS3 now I consider it equal to my 360. I got this game the day it came out and I never touched multiplayer. Is this game easy online to learn? Or am I just target practice?

There is a learning curve and I would suggest the bots (offline MP) to practice on, they are very good. Also as mentioned keep it in your rank. There are a lot of new players coming in the game with the slim and greatest hits so it shouldn't be too bad.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
BattleMonkey said:
The dialogue was fine for what was the story, which was really nothing but combat sequences. Bunch of fighting and angry swearing... not much else to say.

Think its more of a situation of the game needing a bit more complex story line to actually have character depth and something to actually say. KZ2 was merely, go go go, fuck shit up! KZ1 was far superior on the story telling with actual characters, intrigue, and some semblance of a plot.
I agree.

Lince

Banned
repost for new page

*** GAFe challenges for today ***

already subscribed:

22:00 GMT
4v4
Radec Academy
All missions
Assault / RL&GL banned

00:00 GMT
4v4
Tharsis Depot
All missions
Assault / RL&GL banned

we should have enough people for both challenges, so who wants to play what? I think I'll be playing at least the the first one.

there's a tempting 6v6 Salmon for tomorrow but gotta make sure we have enough people.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Damn, I went about 2 months without playing Killzone 2 after putting 100 hours in after launch. I decided to pop the game back in yesterday, expecting to be rusty, but I kicked some ass. It felt good. I thought I might be done with KZ2, but I think I'll probably be playing this again between Uncharted 2 and Halo 3. Such a great game.

Lince

Banned
Salmon I think it's tomorrow 13:30 GMT and we need 6 players...

and yeah Rick we will probably be short for the earlier game today, come on GAFe let's give KZ2 a decent goodbye before U2 hits.

edit: UK should be GMT+1 right? so challenges are 23:00 and 1:00 respectively for you.

Lince

Banned
10dollas said:
Count me in for any game on Saturday.

so which GMT time are you? :lol we can arrange some more challenges for tomorrow if the Salmon game ends up being too early your time.

Facism

Lince said:
Salmon I think it's tomorrow 13:30 GMT and we need 6 players...

and yeah Rick we will probably be short for the earlier game today, come on GAFe let's give KZ2 a decent goodbye before U2 hits.

edit: UK should be GMT+1 right? so challenges are 23:00 and 1:00 respectively for you.

what?

I fucking hate BST, no idea what the time is now -_-

Tharsis is 1am in UK?

salmon will be 14:30?

just tray said:

I actually think this is one of the easiest games to get into. I had zero fps experience before playing and I was able to hold up well in random servers. Even now in high ranked servers, I don't feel like the overall skill level is much different from what it used to be at launch, just different classes running around. The multiplayer is nothing like Warhawk where newcomers will just die repeatedly.

Lince

Banned
Facism said:
what?

I fucking hate BST, no idea what the time is now -_-

Tharsis is 1am in UK?

salmon will be 14:30?

yeah UK times are 11pm and 1am for tonight, if we subscribe for Salmon it will be 14:30 your time.

dazed808

Lince said:

Ah cool even better, should be able to make both no probs.
The missus is gonna love this - back into KZ2, bought FIFA earlier and my Logitech GT wheel arrived today so that's my gaming weekend sorted:D
yeah,I'm a dead man

KZObsessed

dazed808 said:
Ah cool even better, should be able to make both no probs.
The missus is gonna love this - back into KZ2, bought FIFA earlier and my Logitech GT wheel arrived today so that's my gaming weekend sorted:D
(I wish, she's gonna fucking kill me)

I look forward to continuing our 4am gaming sessions :lol

If you guys find a smaller tourny at 14:30pm BST, I'll sign my clan up. I reckon we can manage at least two players at that time. 6 may be pushing it; most of my clan are dirty americans.

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Vroom vroom!

So who's joining us for the Radec one? Rick/Viper you guys in for that one?

don't know, Dave and Seph could also join, but Rick was first to post in the thread. Just remember you're the Tactician, Rick should be Medic and the rest will pick Engineer.

Thrakier

Lince said:
don't know, Dave and Seph could also join, but Rick was first to post in the thread. Just remember you're the Tactician, Rick should be Medic and the rest will pick Engineer.

When does it start in MY time? :p

dazed808

Lince said:

I'm happy for either to play the 1st game instead of me, just hope there's a space for me at 1am. I'll be on standby if anyone drops out - just give me 10 mins notice with a post on here.

KZObsessed

Well I'm gonna practice a bit, havn't played in over a week.

You guys decide who's gonna play, just don't leave it so it ends up a 4v2 with me and Lince :lol Tho that would be interesting.

Kittonwy

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Well I'm gonna practice a bit, havn't played in over a week.

You guys decide who's gonna play, just don't leave it so it ends up a 4v2 with me and Lince :lol Tho that would be interesting.

I'm at work. >:|

Kittonwy

Banned
GAFe HERO KINGZ VICTORIOUZ.
Indifferent2.gif

Facism

FFObsessed said:
GG Lince, Rick, Dave, Seph, Live, Kitton
KlintIndifference.gif

Let's win 2moro's final as well!

benny hill music on my assassination survival :lol

fucking epic defence and protection of my dying ass from rick, ffo and teh kittonz.

kitton free up a space on your friends list -_-

Kittonwy

Banned
Facism said:

fucking epic defence and protection of my dying ass from rick, ffo and teh kittonz.

I'll try.

KZObsessed

Just had an awesome never ending game of KZ2 -_-

Went something like 280-80

Whattup smokeychan, always nice to play with a lurker :p

KZObsessed

Facism said:

Ill be laughing at that vision for a while :lol

Makes my loins ache for a cinema recording feature in KZ2, so many epic moments. If KZ3 doesn't have it then I'll troll Guerrilla Games until permaban :p

We should make these free tournaments a regular thing. Until the next time we lose against laggers and we all throw a tantrum :lol

Jaeyden

I just got this game last week...yeah yeah I know. I played a whole bunch during beta but was sidetracked and didn't get around to picking it up til now. Been playing the Campaign and while it's everything I expected...it kind of seems to suffer from a lot of issues that I wouldn't expect from this high caliber of a game. I get these long load times during game play..sometimes long enough to make me think the game froze. Plus the audio goes all mess up when it hits these loads. A friend told me the latest firmware messed the game up. Any truth to this..or did other people experience this when they got it at launch? Just curious, a great game other wise.

KZObsessed

There were loading pauses at launch, but I played the campaign recently and they were much much worse now. I thought my system had frozen a few times. I thought it might be an issue with my new Slim but other people have mentioned it as well. Don't know what has caused it, I guess it must be a firmware issue or something, but yeah it's definitely been made a lot worse.

Guerrilla Games should definitely look into it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
FFObsessed said:
There were loading pauses at launch, but I played the campaign recently and they were much much worse now. I thought my system had frozen a few times. I thought it might be an issue with my new Slim but other people have mentioned it as well. Don't know what has caused it, I guess it must be a firmware issue or something, but yeah it's definitely been made a lot worse.

Guerrilla Games should definitely look into it.
Do you have 3.01? The pauses were way worse for me after 3.00 but 3.01 fixed it.

10dollas

Banned
Lince said:
so which GMT time are you? :lol we can arrange some more challenges for tomorrow if the Salmon game ends up being too early your time.

Any time after 3 p.m. EST. GMT is what 6 hours ahead of of EST?

KZObsessed

Yeah I have 3.01. But hmmm did I play KZ2 with 3.00 or 3.01.... can't remember I'll have to check the campaign and see if it's been improved.

Top Bottom