• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

maxmars

By the way guys if I eventually want to play with you, what should I do? Is there some sort of clan / meeting thing? This is my third day with a PS3 please bear with me.

Kittonwy

Banned
GG lunlunqq u were ballin', we could have had that S&D defense but they fucked it up.
Indifferent2.gif

Question:

I've been reading some comments and posts about the lack of people playing this game online. Checking the GG website right now it says there are a total of 344 people playing. Is Killzone 2 dead? Wtf?

Meus Renaissance said:
Question:

I've been reading some comments and posts about the lack of people playing this game online. Checking the GG website right now it says there are a total of 344 people playing. Is Killzone 2 dead? Wtf?

It's nowhere near dead.

Meus Renaissance said:
Question:

Killzones website is pretty much always wrong it seems, the stats still are messy and never have worked on the front page. Definitely lot lot more than 300 players on at a time. Last 24 hours on the board had around 34k players log in.

Firewire

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
Question:

I had problems getting into some matches last night, everything was full. Lots of people play K2, the community is far from dead. I'm sure if you check tonight you will find lots of people playing online.

spwolf

Meus Renaissance said:
Question:

shows 5.5k right now... i think that total players number is in millions, mistake with their flash :lol , as it says they have 140k clans created....

tiddles

Meus Renaissance said:
Question:

You can check how many people have been playing over the last day/week/month by changing the filters on the leaderboard pages of Killzone.com - last month there were 263616 players with unique PSN ids over the course of the month, for example. The figure for the last 24 hours is currently 33751.

Ps. I'm still alive, just lurking :D

spwolf said:
shows 5.5k right now... i think that total players number is in millions, mistake with their flash :lol , as it says they have 140k clans created....

5.5k? Heh, I just looked and it says only 200 some players on. The statistics on the front page are a joke, can't believe since launch they still haven't gotten them to work right.

Numbers seem to be going up now with new players joining in from the price reductions on PS3 and release of Platinum version of the game in Europe. KZ2 has jumped back into the UK charts last few weeks.

renzengeki

Neo Member
can you get trophies for the new dlc maps when playing offline w/ bots? im having a hard time finding matches that uses the new dlc maps

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
no, but you could host a game (with password) and just slaughter bots. You have to be online for it to work.

jayb

renzengeki said:
can you get trophies for the new dlc maps when playing offline w/ bots? im having a hard time finding matches that uses the new dlc maps

not in offline mode (skirmish?), but you can get at least some of the dlc trophies by creating an unranked, online game filled with bots.

renzengeki

Neo Member
alr1ghtstart said:
no, but you could host a game (with password) and just slaughter bots. You have to be online for it to work.

jayb said:
not in offline mode (skirmish?), but you can get at least some of the dlc trophies by creating an unranked, online game filled with bots.

btw im not sure if the bundle for the maps is still available. i think people should really try buying the dlc maps. i have to say that all of the dlc maps are great.

Lince

Banned
so I was missing the Arctower Landing trophies and decided to play a couple of games there, the only game available with that map was a 32p assault/rockets-enabled lagfest with people from around the globe and radar on... what can I say, KZ2 at its best, eventually I got every trophy though, 100% again bitches :D

Guerrilla, time to make the DLC a free download before the map packs fall into oblivion, there are a couple of good maps there that should be played more often. Oh, sorry JonSnow for inviting you to such a clusterfuck of a game, you know, welcome to Killzone.

Lince, are you the GAFe_lince somthing guy who played a looong Suljeva game wednesday ? I found this game and there was a couple of players with the GAFe clan tag on it and the best player in the other team was a Lince guy.

KZObsessed

tiddles said:
You can check how many people have been playing over the last day/week/month by changing the filters on the leaderboard pages of Killzone.com - last month there were 263616 players with unique PSN ids over the course of the month, for example. The figure for the last 24 hours is currently 33751.

Ps. I'm still alive, just lurking :D

OMG TIDDLES! YES!

You better be making KZ3 especially awesome!

UnluckyKate said:
Lince, are you the GAFe_lince somthing guy who played a looong Suljeva game wednesday ? I found this game and there was a couple of players with the GAFe clan tag on it and the best player in the other team was a Lince guy.

Yes. Lince_SPAIN the legend. The Spanish king. Twice as good as any other Gaffer, 3 times as good if your name is lyulf.

HoRNS456

Banned
I've been playing KZ2 online here and there. At first I couldn't get enough of the online, now I feel that I burned myself out. I never had a problem finding a good match though...

Lince said:
so I was missing the Arctower Landing trophies and decided to play a couple of games there, the only game available with that map was a 32p assault/rockets-enabled lagfest with people from around the globe and radar on... what can I say, KZ2 at its best, eventually I got every trophy though, 100% again bitches :D

Guerrilla, time to make the DLC a free download before the map packs fall into oblivion, there are a couple of good maps there that should be played more often. Oh, sorry JonSnow for inviting you to such a clusterfuck of a game, you know, welcome to Killzone.

Haha. I joined a friend's game, and it was this.

Quit after two minutes. Yuck.

Xenomorph

Banned
Making new map games is easy. All you need to do is invite 3-4 friends and just play a round. I made one the other day with every map pack. It was 3v3 but towards the end of the round was nearing 4v4+ players. With new maps all you got to do is have the time and patience to start a server. And take into consideration that the most bought map packs are Flash and Thunder/Napalm and Cordite.

The real solution would be dedicated servers. Which I want, but also dislike. I like it because it gives the game vitality and will have good servers that are always up. The bad however is getting it right so I can play the way I want to play (24 plyr cap, no rocket, body count).

Lince said:

No problem. I looted some sniper so I had fun nonetheless :D

Lince

Banned
UnluckyKate said:

yeah it was me [GAFe]Lince_SPAIN, I played that game along with GAFe heroes Dave and Rick, it was a really long game and I scored a lot of points (500 something) not to mention every trophy available for that map :lol

Lince said:
yeah it was me [GAFe]Lince_SPAIN, I played that game along with GAFe heroes Dave and Rick, it was a really long game and I scored a lot of points (500 something) not to mention every trophy available for that map :lol

Yeah, it was a crazy game. I was in the other team and every time I was getting my hands on the flamethrower to get 20 kills, you were poping out of nowhere to frag me before I can get a chance to understand what just happened.

I ended up getting my 50 kills + 20 flame-thrower kills anyway, but damn, what an onslaught.

Internet Celebrity said:
Hey, aren't you in SRX? What happened, did you guys stop playing?
Yeah, I'm in SRX. How did you know?

And what happened is that pretty much everyone got bored/tired of the game. Most of us moved onto other games and therefore we didn't have enough active players to continue warring on a regular basis. We had our peak and we definitely dominated the game so I'm pretty satisfied. :D

IronFistedChampion said:
Yeah, I'm in SRX. How did you know?

And what happened is that pretty much everyone got bored/tired of the game. Most of us moved onto other games and therefore we didn't have enough active players to continue warring on a regular basis. We had our peak and we definitely dominated the game so I'm pretty satisfied. :D
I met you in game a few times; you were very, very good.

Internet Celebrity said:
I met you in game a few times; you were very, very good.
Thanks. :D

Now that I think about it, I might have come across you a couple of times. Don't remember exactly where, but your name def rings a bell (rc94, right?).

IronFistedChampion said:
Thanks. :D

Now that I think about it, I might have come across you a couple of times. Don't remember exactly where, but your name def rings a bell (rc94, right?).
Yes, well, I do seem to have a certain memorable quality about me :p

I'll be sure to shoot you an add when I get my hands on MW2/UC2.

Top Bottom