• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

KZObsessed

Lince said:
you know, get the lead in BC and suicide, get the speaker in S&R to base...

That's how it's meant to be played!

Yes, I've finally broken free from the clutches of the MAG update. Nice nice.

KZObsessed

polyh3dron said:
OK I'm in if you need another now, my updates finished...

EDIT: oh crap never mind it's full :(

oops sorry, I just messaged and asked them. We'll be having more so you can join next one. :)

Steroyd

acevans2 said:
God DAMNIT. I am trying to play the Elite campaign, but I go back to it every week and try to get past this Salamun District ambush section. No go. I can barely kill 2 Helghast before I die! I never know where I'm getting shot from, and they never seem to do the same things. So frustrating.

And I have all the DLC maps now, so if anyone wants to add me on PSN to play I'd be more than happy t

I know the feeling, I've just tried the Radec part a bajillion times, because I can't see where the Radec throws the fecking grenades.

KZObsessed

polyh3dron said:
VICTOLYYYYYYYY

oh hey FFObsessed, can you send me a GAFe Chat Room invite too?

Yeh sure, that's why I sent you the friend request so I could invite you to chat.

GG. That's about as close as it gets.

KZObsessed

Facism said:
win it like motherfuckers.

We lost.

I was getting killed in one shot, before they'd even fired their shotguns, before they'd even come around the fucking corner. To be fair to them I think they would have won anyway, they were good, so I'm not saying we were robbed or anything or they didn't deserve it, just that it was a completely bullshit laggy frustrating game. Complete garbage.

I think I'm done with tournaments :lol Remembered why I stopped in the first place, we won two tournies, came runner up in that one, had some fun but that's it for me. If I didn't love the game so much I'd tell Guerrilla to shove their laggy piece of shit game up their ass completely but I'll still play random games now and again, that part is still fun when you find a great game.

Tomorrow I'm gonna play the MAG and U2 Betas properly for the first time and hopefully they'll grab me. We will be together again Cagen!

As I said before, dedicated servers in KILLZONE 3 or bust.

Lince

Banned
yes that last game was horrible, both our performance and the lag, I got most of my kills with a 3-4 seconds delay (that's a lot of time for the other guy to get you and end in a double kill) and if I was lucky to scape unscathed I was wrong since I would die behind a wall or some other safe spot from black voodoo magic (lag). All in all it was clear they were seeing us a lot sooner than we ever did, if you see someone and ready your weapon and then you are dead immediately BEFORE the animation and sound of the shot kick in you feel it's both hilarious and frustrating, after 500+ hours of online time I'm done with KZ2 tournaments, they were fun but they aren't fair.

Guerrilla fix this... nah, there are other mp games better than yours (MAG), I can live without it.

yours truly, kiss my ass.
Lince.

edit: lots of ass-kissing in these last few pages :lol

Lince

Banned
Thrakier said:
Mag sucks, it's pure chaos. Even more than a 32p KZ2 clusterfuck on Tharsis with rockets and boost.

obviously you need to play with me, it's the perfect multiplayer gaming bliss when your team is organised.

Thrakier

Lince said:
obviously you need to play with me, it's the perfect multiplayer gaming bliss when your team is organised.

That's the problem. How could two people (or let's say even 8) organise 128 people? You know, even if you play very good and do a lot of stuff to win the match, most of the people don't. 50% will always just go for kills. And in the end alone you can do almost nothing. I don't know. To me it sounded like a great idea at first but after playing it I was bored pretty fast. I will play again this evening though, I'll still give it a chance till retail.

And how stupid is it that there is no tutorial at all available? What exactly do they beta test if just a small percentage of the testes know what to do?

Gosh, I got my honnor ranking in the night, and I was THAT close to get the first honor ranking... I was 1800 and all I needed was to be under 1050... on 105000 players or something. Probably the first time in my life that I'm saying to myself " you should have played more " I'm one gold trophy away from Plat, but I guess KZ2 and me is just over now: back to school and Uncharted 2 next week. Meh... That was a great trip but... Bye bye Helgan :(

Facism

UnluckyKate said:
Gosh, I got my honnor ranking in the night, and I was THAT close to get the first honor ranking... I was 1800 and all I needed was to be under 1050... on 105000 players or something. Probably the first time in my life that I'm saying to myself " you should have played more " I'm one gold trophy away from Plat, but I guess KZ2 and me is just over now: back to school and Uncharted 2 next week. Meh... That was a great trip but... Bye bye Helgan :(

unlucky, Kate.

:p

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Lince said:
You said the same about KZ2 during the beta :/
Also how can you play the game if you hate it so much? I think you like it :lol

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So I was thinking about how they can improve the spawns with KZ3. Simply eliminate the spawn grenades, and treat spawns more like capture and hold posts for all modes. Hold a spot for awhile, and then your team can spawn on it as long as your team controls it. I know the spawn grenades "work" as they are, but when they don't, they pretty much ruin the game. It makes playing with randoms impossible.

acevans2

So... I'm in the Radec fight on my Elite run. :(

I got to the second checkpoint. Tried that part for like an hour and got nowhere. Any tips? So brutal...

Steroyd

acevans2 said:
So... I'm in the Radec fight on my Elite run. :(

I got to the second checkpoint. Tried that part for like an hour and got nowhere. Any tips? So brutal...

Damn, I've yet to get upto that part and it was hard enough on Veteran (Hard). :(

Is that the part where you secure the balcony?

alr1ghtstart said:
So I was thinking about how they can improve the spawns with KZ3. Simply eliminate the spawn grenades, and treat spawns more like capture and hold posts for all modes. Hold a spot for awhile, and then your team can spawn on it as long as your team controls it. I know the spawn grenades "work" as they are, but when they don't, they pretty much ruin the game. It makes playing with randoms impossible.

I would like it to take a cue from MAG and have the smoke signals call in an intruder/ dropship where people will spawn as it lands (or rappel down ropes) every 15-20 secs like the MAG parachutes.

Though that poses a problem for indoor spawns:lol

Steroyd

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK RADEC.

What type of pussy, says he's going to deal with me himself, then sends waves of his goons on me, the fucker. :mad:

Doing Radec on Elite is a piss take, the lack of reticule (which I hadn't noticed was gone till level 3 lol), lowers my kill efficientcy, and I need it when about 4 shock troopers are charging at me on the balcony. :(

It never helps that they're completely random how many and where they'll attack in Elite unlike Veteran where there is some degree of knowing exactly who's going to attack me where and when.

Rico needs to grow some balls, he just stands there and takes getting assraped.

/vent

Atrus

Gold Member
Steroyd said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK RADEC.

What type of pussy, says he's going to deal with me himself, then sends waves of his goons on me, the fucker. :mad:

Doing Radec on Elite is a piss take, the lack of reticule (which I hadn't noticed was gone till level 3 lol), lowers my kill efficientcy, and I need it when about 4 shock troopers are charging at me on the balcony. :(

It never helps that they're completely random how many and where they'll attack in Elite unlike Veteran where there is some degree of knowing exactly who's going to attack me where and when.

Rico needs to grow some balls, he just stands there and takes getting assraped.

/vent

They aren't random in Elite. They spawn a certain way and tend to react in exactly the same way given that all other variables stay the same.

For instance, starting from the point where the sidegates open to the top floor, you can run up the right, knife the guy coming down. Run to the left, knife the soldier. Run to the back of the room, knife the guy on the left hopping over, and then the one on the right who is targeting Rico, and then run to the top floor.

To get past the mobs, you have to use the grenades and the grenade launcher to mop up the waves when they are initially together at the far end of the room or when they gather at the stairs on the lower floor, while still leaving a grenade or two to deal with the rocket launcher guys that signal you're near the next checkpoint.

Steroyd

I dunno, I'm waiting by one of the stairs expecting 2-3 shock troopers to come say hi, and about 4 end up on the other side giving Rico the ass raping of his life.

NeoUltima

Steroyd said:
I dunno, I'm waiting by one of the stairs expecting 2-3 shock troopers to come say hi, and about 4 end up on the other side giving Rico the ass raping of his life.
"Help me mutha' fucka'!"

Atrus

Gold Member
Steroyd said:

So long as Rico is up, use him as an indicator that the Shock troopers are coming from the long way around.

Essentially, you want to mop up the waves of these troopers either before they drop down or when they drop down, whilst you cower at the corner of the stairs. The left side offers more cover as well.

These trooper waves are pretty much the most difficult to get through, and then when the rocket guys come, just stay away from the walls to avoid detonating missiles, Radecs grenades and try to pick them off with whatever ammo you have left. The ultimate goal is to just get to the next checkpoint, which only occurs until after you kill the last rocket guy in the final wave.

Rico is dead weight and attempting to revive him when the rocket guys show up is close to suicide.

acevans2

Steroyd said:
Damn, I've yet to get upto that part and it was hard enough on Veteran (Hard). :(

Is that the part where you secure the balcony?
Yep. I would whine about what's difficult about this part, but someone else just did. :p

Bought a new tv and want to get back into nightly death dealing online. Logged in a few weeks ago and my wargod ribbon popped .. so i pretty much finished most of my weekly kill ratings up before i took a short hiatus.

Take me a day or two to get back into the swing and i'd love to join up. silkysm00th (zeros in my name) ... someone in a west coast USA group wanna throw me a friend invite :)

Time to make sweet sweet death love to my sniper scope .. once again.

Kittonwy

Banned
FFObsessed said:
We lost.

I was getting killed in one shot, before they'd even fired their shotguns, before they'd even come around the fucking corner. To be fair to them I think they would have won anyway, they were good, so I'm not saying we were robbed or anything or they didn't deserve it, just that it was a completely bullshit laggy frustrating game. Complete garbage.

I think I'm done with tournaments :lol Remembered why I stopped in the first place, we won two tournies, came runner up in that one, had some fun but that's it for me. If I didn't love the game so much I'd tell Guerrilla to shove their laggy piece of shit game up their ass completely but I'll still play random games now and again, that part is still fun when you find a great game.

Tomorrow I'm gonna play the MAG and U2 Betas properly for the first time and hopefully they'll grab me. We will be together again Cagen!

As I said before, dedicated servers in KILLZONE 3 or bust.

Who wuz tact in that game? I woulda led u guyz to victoly. >:|

pixelbox

I was thinking on what GG could do to improve on Killzone 3 also. Basically limit the amount of users per class. GG gave the freedom and it was abused. Two Assult, two tacs(that'll be assigned their own spawn), four engineers(that'll be assigned their own turrent), four medics and sabs. The timers for the "perks" should continue after death to prevent bot spamming also. And, like someone stated earlier, tac should repair a spawn point first, earning the ablity to use their deployable spawn. Spawns points should receive damage too. GG should keep class specific weapons but offer variant weapons to other classes obviously giving to better one to the class. Yeah, it's rough but it's a start imo that'll make killzone a better experience.

Kittonwy

Banned
pixelbox said:
I was thinking on what GG could do to improve on Killzone 3 also. Basically limit the amount of users per class. GG gave the freedom and it was abused. Two Assult, two tacs(that'll be assigned their own spawn), four engineers(that'll be assigned their own turrent), four medics and sabs. The timers for the "perks" should continue after death to prevent bot spamming also. And, like someone stated earlier, tac should repair a spawn point first, earning the ablity to use their deployable spawn. Spawns points should receive damage too. GG should keep class specific weapons but offer variant weapons to other classes obviously giving to better one to the class. Yeah, it's rough but it's a start imo that'll make killzone a better experience.

1 tact per team should be fine (with the team able to kick the tact), you can't have just one spawn because you can run a spawn rotation with just one spawn. Sometimes (actually MOST times) you don't need two spawn locations. One well-defended spawn location having a rotation can be much more effective, unless it's S&D with two separate locations.

Steroyd

w00t I did it! :D

The first wave I just sniped the bugger's heads, who were hiding behind cover on the floor, and used the flamethrower if they were hiding behind the closest cover.

The second wave I hugged one of the corners near the balcony, waiting for the first batch of soldiers to come up and greet me (4 attacked me on one side wtf!?).

Third(?) wave was nasty, waited at the stairs on the left side with a grenade launcher, fuck Rico let him get assraped, stayed by the stairs after he died on me was surprised to find that the shocktroopers from the otherside just jumped off the balcony (I'll take that thank you o_O).

Last wave, ran as fast as I could to get a gun with bullets, and stayed in my safe haven of by the stairs where the rockets couldn't siege me.

After the checkpoint it a was a piece of cake.

Trophy Note: The trophy where I have to melee kill one of every soldier, does that include heavies? D:

Thrakier said:
That's the problem. How could two people (or let's say even 8) organise 128 people? You know, even if you play very good and do a lot of stuff to win the match, most of the people don't. 50% will always just go for kills. And in the end alone you can do almost nothing. I don't know. To me it sounded like a great idea at first but after playing it I was bored pretty fast. I will play again this evening though, I'll still give it a chance till retail.

And how stupid is it that there is no tutorial at all available? What exactly do they beta test if just a small percentage of the testes know what to do?

I wrote something similar in the MAG thread. I agree 100%.

Top Bottom