• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

KZObsessed

Micromegas said:
Played this again last night after a couple months off.

When did the LAG get so bad?

I was using shotgun: I'd pull the trigger and then a second later, the opponent would either fly backwards, dead, or not.

I was sort of expecting the rocket/grenade spam, which is disappointing to begin with, but the lag makes the game all but unplayable.

What gives? Are they going to fix this?

The 2 games I played in yesterday were fairly lag free. There was an occasional delayed death and a few head shots didn't register but it was acceptable. Were you playing on a foreign server? Play on a Japanese server if you want a laugh :lol

It's actually less noticeable in larger games for me, probably because there's less 1v1s. But it's just random in KZ2, sometimes you can get a game with minimal lag and then another game might be unplayable. That's P2P for you. If KZ3 doesn't have dedicated servers then Eric Boltjes doesn't deserve to be online director.

Facism

FFObsessed said:
:lol hey hey, the last set of clan games we played I finished top in every single one. Including the one you played in. While playing as tact. And my jacket is fabulous. And f u.

:lol These grapes be so sour they is sweet, bruv.

<3 ;p

KZObsessed

Just had a long game on Radec.

Started off and I was terrible, we were overrun, died as soon as I spawned in my own base :lol Lag was awful, people dying seconds late, being shot around corners etc usual deal. But then came S&D defend. Thank god for crappy tacticians because I had a 30+ kill streak all with +3 points due to defending and went straight to number 1 despite missing the first two rounds. Didn't look back from there and ended the game 169-44

Finished second tho :(

KZ2 - Flawed Masterpiece

FFObsessed said:
Just had a long game on Radec.

Started off and I was terrible, we were overrun, died as soon as I spawned in my own base :lol Lag was awful, people dying seconds late, being shot around corners etc usual deal. But then came S&D defend. Thank god for crappy tacticians because I had a 30+ kill streak all with +3 points due to defending and went straight to number 1 despite missing the first two rounds. Didn't look back from there and ended the game 169-44

Finished second tho :(

KZ2 - Flawed Masterpiece
Hows it compare to MW2?

YoungHav said:
:lol was Rico taken out of your copy?
:lol

I am fairly certain the story arc is setting up for Rico to either:
die by hellghast forces for revenge | die in grand fashion by you as he goes steadily more and more batshite crazy.

KZObsessed

Was having an awesome game as a sniper on Pyrrhus.... until my sound effects disappeared. So I couldn't tell if I was being shot at or not. Which happens on long games. Still not fixed.

There was one sad bastard just hiding in the Helghast base and seemed to be auto-headshotting people across the map. Took down 3 people with headshots at the same time and you couldn't even get him with Spot & Mark.

Oh well, still got 125 sniper kills :lol Is there any better gun in a FPS than the KZ2 sniper rifle? Nope.

JB1981

FFObsessed said:
Was having an awesome game as a sniper on Pyrrhus.... until my sound effects disappeared. So I couldn't tell if I was being shot at or not. Which happens on long games. Still not fixed.

There was one sad bastard just hiding in the Helghast base and seemed to be auto-headshotting people across the map. Took down 3 people with headshots at the same time and you couldn't even get him with Spot & Mark.

Oh well, still got 125 sniper kills :lol Is there any better gun in a FPS than the KZ2 sniper rifle? Nope.

do you guys get together and play this game at all anymore? I had a great time playing with you Euros (TTP, you, Revolutionary etc.)

KZObsessed

JB1981 said:
do you guys get together and play this game at all anymore? I had a great time playing with you Euros (TTP, you, Revolutionary etc.)

Just started playing again so no. Usually just me & Lince. Userfriendly still plays and maybe Kitton could join us. Just join us anyway. Only need 4 in a squad.

I'm playing in a JP server now, not only is the lag atrocious but every Japanese player uses the LMG :lol

dazed808

FFObsessed said:

I'll be back soon (well tonight hopefully), an hour of COD MP last night was enough to remind me that KZ is the best MP game I've played despite all the problems with it. Also I've missed playing with you guys. But not the brown jacket.

KZObsessed

dazed808 said:
I'll be back soon (well tonight hopefully), an hour of COD MP last night was enough to remind me that KZ is the best MP game I've played despite all the problems with it. Also I've missed playing with you guys.

YESSS! Just had an epic Radec game 4-3 victory. Went 158-50 and got 402 points :D

But not the brown jacket.

That's it! You and Live_Feed, Moss Side, right now. I will FUCK YOU UP for the honour of my jacket!

trk_rkd

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:

I am fairly certain the story arc is setting up for Rico to either:
die by hellghast forces for revenge | die in grand fashion by you as he goes steadily more and more batshite crazy.

yeah, i reckon your second point could well happen. and "you" could be a whole new character... sev could be killed by the helghast right at the beginning... can't wait for three, most of the plot for 2 was shit but damn they had a great ending. hopefully they make use of the awesome killzone backstory as told on the website, there's such a cool mythology there, shame to waste it.

played this sucker MP for the first time in a couple of months. forgot how good it looks, still beats uncharted 2 imho. can't wait for 3.

belvedere said:
Been playing MW2, but it's actually hyped me up to play KZ2 multi again with the new turret introduction.

Now if only I could get it back from my friend.

Yeah now I wish for Killzone 3 GG will take something out of MW and introduce prone positioning and toggle button for crouching

KZObsessed

I have a bad cold yet I'm still making fools ma bitches. 155-50

[GAFe] FFObsessed /---\----> RandomKZ2fool

FFO: *sneezes*

[GAFe] FFObsessed /---\----> RandomKZ2fool*2

FFO: *sneezes*

[GAFe] FFObsessed ('.') /---\----> RandomKZ2Bitch

FFO: *laughs*

FFO GOTY

KZObsessed

Just had a god awful game, well I was awesome, but the retarded tacticians sure as fuck weren't. Throwing spawns backwards in a crowded room wtf. Spawn point placement isn't about skill or even experience it's just common fucking sense.

GOTY Status Revoked!

DMeisterJ

Banned
Looks like this thread has turned into FFO's blog about his various KZ2 exploits.

^^^^^^

still not sure why your name is not KZ2Obsessed. :p

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
alr1ghtstart said:
KZ2's campaign shits all over MW2's (so far).

I just beat MW2's campaign and I would have to disagree. I thought MW2's campaign was more fun, albeit definitely much shorter than KZ2's. Killzone 2 had a lot of duck, cover, pop out and shoot and the rinse and repeat, whereas MW2 is more of strategic shots and movie like scripted events that actually turned out great.

Still, FPS fans who have a PS3 should not miss out on KZ2.

jax (old)

Banned
While I was messing around with my ps3+tv settings tonight, I "played" behind the bullet again and man if the game isn't amazing looking. Might need to replay was so in love with the knife and how it looked in the game. Gorgeous little knife

Facism

dazed808 said:
I'll be back soon (well tonight hopefully), an hour of COD MP last night was enough to remind me that KZ is the best MP game I've played despite all the problems with it. Also I've missed playing with you guys. But not the brown jacket.

My experiences exactly. I saw FFO playing last night and thought about joining him. Would be nice if we had all the old boys for a pub stomp sometime :lol

KZObsessed

History was made in the wee hours of this morning.

For years to come people will ask "Where were you the day FFO ascended above all other mortal players? Where were you?"

The answer, of course, is irrelevant, it doesn't matter where you were or what you were doing, only that I am awesome.

FFO-GAFeGOD.jpg

^^ Remember the names of these brave soldiers, for they fell to my greatness

It is rumoured that on a few occasions Rick808 was heard mumbling "Wow. That FFO is soooo much better than Live_Feed. It's not even a contest!" Before making some fairly offensive comments towards Londoners and going on his merry way...

November 15th - FFO Day

KZObsessed

Internet Celebrity said:
FFO, you bastard, I can't believe you start playing KZ2 again just as I move on to MW2. Jesus does not want us to be together.

That pesky Jesus! Easy solution, come back to KZ2! >_<

KZObsessed

Facism said:
My experiences exactly. I saw FFO playing last night and thought about joining him. Would be nice if we had all the old boys for a pub stomp sometime :lol

YESS. Let's roll... *puts on shades*

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
TheFatOne said:
Am I in bizaro world. MAG is a much better game than Killzone 2 will ever be. It might not set the charts on fire, but it will do well.
KZ2 fans are doing to MAG what CoD4 fans did to KZ2 before its release. Its sad, really. Oh well, at least MAG will have Socom fans. Not a Socom fan myself but I fucking love MAG. KZ2 is a great game but I prefer MAG's leveling up system to KZ2 classes.

Sorry guys, I'll stop going OT!! :p

dazed808

FFObsessed said:
It is rumoured that on a few occasions Rick808 was heard mumbling "That cheeky fucker FFO is following me round steeling all my kills. Oh well at least I'm not wearing a crappy brown jacket" Before making some fairly offensive comments towards everyone who killed him coz they must of been lagging and going on his merry way...

Fixed for truth ;) I was well off the pace in that game and I still hate rocket spamming cunts but it was good fun still.
Bring on the reunion but no crappy clan matches this time because everyone will get fucked off and not play for a month.

KZObsessed

I wasn't using my mic last night because I have a bad cold. YOU ARE A PROVEN LIAR SIR.

Do you know who I am??? Do you know how important and noteworthy I am in the KILLZONE 2 community??? I trained you and this is how you repay me!?!?

Do I have to have a 1000+ point game to be given the respect I am due as the greatest KZ2 player OF ALL TYNE?

And you have to be lagging to kill me.

I AM IMMORTAL.

I AM FFO.

Violater said:

If only there were more people besides FFO in this thread now to see this lol ....this is a great deal.

Inanna Dan said:
KZ2 fans are doing to MAG what CoD4 fans did to KZ2 before its release. Its sad, really. Oh well, at least MAG will have Socom fans. Not a Socom fan myself but I fucking love MAG. KZ2 is a great game but I prefer MAG's leveling up system to KZ2 classes.

Sorry guys, I'll stop going OT!! :p

MAG beta was great, I'm really looking forward to it, no SP kinda sucks though and the learning curve is steep, I still have no idea where or what I'm supposed to be doing sometimes.

FFObsessed said:
I wasn't using my mic last night because I have a bad cold. YOU ARE A PROVEN LIAR SIR.

Do you know who I am??? Do you know how important and noteworthy I am in the KILLZONE 2 community??? I trained you and this is how you repay me!?!?

Do I have to have a 1000+ point game to be given the respect I am due as the greatest KZ2 player OF ALL TYNE?

And you have to be lagging to kill me.

I AM IMMORTAL.

I AM FFO.

dazed808

FFObsessed said:
The cold's effecting your reading comprehension my friend, it was me who was whinging about the lag (as always):D .
And you not switching your mic on was what caused half my deaths - where was the teamwork??? - some training instructor :p

Dave1988 said:
When did this thread turn into FFO's livejournal? :lol

I think his ascension meant he missed a few days of medication.

KZObsessed

dazed808 said:
The cold's effecting your reading comprehension my friend, it was me who was whinging about the lag (as always):D .

oh sorry lol indeed it has. :p

And you not switching your mic on was what caused half my deaths - where was the teamwork??? - some training instructor :p

:lol I thought I'd try and let you ride without the training wheels this time, but clearly you are not ready my son!

I think his ascension meant he missed a few days of medication.

Missed a few days medication or taken it all at once? huhuhuhuhuhuhuuhhuuuuuuuu!

Top Bottom