• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

evolution

spiderman123 said:
ending was awesome

in the beginning the daughter pulled her hand away.....prob be it was visari double. So in the end he may be alive in the pod... hope the ISA fuckers b/c war criminals
Oh shit, i never thought of that.

AcciDante

Anyone else feel like enemies take way too many shots to kill? It's not ruining it for me, but I do find it annoying to have to pump 50 rounds into a dude with my big jetpack machine gun for them to die. Especially when I drop dead in a split second. I'm just playing on normal too! Besides that nuisance, i'm enjoying it.

AcciDante said:
Anyone else feel like enemies take way too many shots to kill? It's not ruining it for me, but I do find it annoying to have to pump 50 rounds into a dude with my big jetpack machine gun for them to die. Especially when I drop dead in a split second. I'm just playing on normal too! Besides that nuisance, i'm enjoying it.
what happens when you shoot them in the head?

nib95

Banned
spiderman123 said:
ending was awesome

in the beginning the daughter pulled her hand away.....prob be it was visari double. So in the end he may be alive in the pod... hope the ISA fuckers b/c war criminals

Just watched it again and you're right, she pulls away in disgust. Interesting...

nib95

Banned
AcciDante said:
Seems like it still takes a few :/ That big ass jet pack machine gun should tear them up though!
Maybe i'm just terrible...

One precise shot/bullet can end the vast majority of the enemies. Other times tops two, one to take off the helmet one to cap the skull. My advice is, be patient, take your time to aim (don't just panic and fire crazily) and above all, use short controlled bursts. If you start at the neck or chest with a controlled burst, the recoil generally takes you up to the head. So you can usually down a Helghan in a single burst or two.

During my play through in Elite, I'd say by the end, the majority of my kills were headshots.

Jtrizzy

Enjoying the single player for sure, with a few complaints. Still feels like the camera is still too low. While I like the control changes with regard to responsive aiming compared to part two, I don't like how quickly the player moves. Full acceleration of the stick makes Sev go way too fast. I don't see a need for the sprint tbh. I end up moving really slow just so I can enjoy all the insane shit going on, but smoothly. Also, I wish they'd take melee off of l3.

Ainigma

Neo Member
Sorry if this has been asked already, and it's not really important....

I've got the Uk collectors edition, found the code for the Theme, Soundtrack and 2 maps, but how do I get the bonus XP for 24hrs and the 3 stat points? Am I missing a code?

TUROK

I can't say I share the same sentiment about the so-called enemy bullet sponges. I like it when enemies are tough to kill, makes it feel rewarding. I'd rather have tough enemies than a horde of weak enemies, like in Call of Duty.

Ainigma said:
Sorry if this has been asked already, and it's not really important....

I've got the Uk collectors edition, found the code for the Theme, Soundtrack and 2 maps, but how do I get the bonus XP for 24hrs and the 3 stat points? Am I missing a code?

Have you been on to the multiplayer to see if there already unlocked, im sure i read it was all the same code.

Ainigma

Neo Member
supermackem said:
Have you been on to the multiplayer to see if there already unlocked, im sure i read it was all the same code.

No not yet, played the single played last night and just before I got off used the code and downloaded the maps etc I'll look tonight.

Does the 24hr's start from you play MP then not from when redeeming code? (I was on the PSN dash board when I redeemed it)

Ainigma said:
No not yet, played the single played last night and just before I got off used the code and downloaded the maps etc I'll look tonight.

Does the 24hr's start from you play MP then not from when redeeming code? (I was on the PSN dash board when I redeemed it)

I think its when you redeem it mate.

evolution

I went back and played KZ2 to completion to compare the two games. I must say the cut-scenes are much better in 2. The transitions to gameplay are much better too. Having some perspective now really makes me question some of the changes GG made with regards to the story. KZ3 picks up exactly where the second ended so the abrupt changes in personality and tone don't make sense. Its actually bizarre that the Sev and Rico act so easygoing now considering there even more fucked at the start of this game then all of KZ2. Sev's "FML" moment at the end of KZ2 was perfect, yet it kinda feels like it never happened.

For those in the UK who pre-ordered from game, did it come by Courier or Royal Mail?

Edit: It came about 2 minutes after posting this! Came through Royal Mail in the end, straight through the letterbox.

coolcole93 said:
For those in the UK who pre-ordered from game, did it come by Courier or Royal Mail?

Edit: It came about 2 minutes after posting this! Came through Royal Mail in the end, straight through the letterbox.

You lucky bitch still waiting for mine, you get the steelbook edition?.

Ainigma

Neo Member
supermackem said:

I've always preordered mine from Game.co.uk, Gameplay, Gamestation or Shopto, and it's always arrived with Royal Mail on the thursday. Where did you order yours?

Zen

Banned
evolution said:
I went back and played KZ2 to completion to compare the two games. I must say the cut-scenes are much better in 2. The transitions to gameplay are much better too. Having some perspective now really makes me question some of the changes GG made with regards to the story. KZ3 picks up exactly where the second ended so the abrupt changes in personality and tone don't make sense. Its actually bizarre that the Sev and Rico act so easygoing now considering there even more fucked at the start of this game then all of KZ2. Sev's "FML" moment at the end of KZ2 was perfect, yet it kinda feels like it never happened.

I can agree with this. So much of Killzone 2 seemed to be retconed, or tweaked, when it came to Killzone 3. The relationship between Sev and Rico is suddenly very easy going and amicable. We don't hear a word of what happened to Garza, even, which was sort of Rico's fault (although given the circumstances of that incident it's hard to fault him for jumping the gun when Radec literally was about to pull the trigger). Rico never even mentions Templars death, the entire focal point that really made him start to lose control in Killzone 2.

Another thing that's weird is how Captain Narville changed between Killzone 2 and 3. He's basically a completely new character for the third installment (Even looking like two different people if you flip between the games), going from a determined and abrasive 'we do not quit' drill sergeant like figure to a hesitant and polite paragon of professionalism.

And since when was the ISA invasion fleet ripped apart 'within seconds' of landing on Helghan?

angelfly

evolution said:
Probably has something to do with KZ3 cut scenes being video. As for Sev, I'd say he's still pissed but understands why he did it. Also Sev himself is the one that was preaching not letting feelings get in the way of the mission in KZ2 iirc. So it's not so surprising to me.

supermackem said:

I wouldn't worry. I only ordered on the 22nd and still got the steelbook edition today so if you pre-ordered any time before Tuesday you should be fine.

belier

coolcole93 said:

Can you, or anyone else from UK who has already received the game, confirm is the game is English only or multilanguage?

A lot of people here is waiting for this information in order to import it or not...
There's a bit of confusion around this question on UK online stores...

Thanks in advance...

PS: Why the heck I can't quote? No quote button here???

belier said:
Can you, or anyone else from UK who has already received the game, confirm is the game is English only or multilanguage?

A lot of people here is waiting for this information in order to import it or not...

Thanks in advance...

It's multilanguage everywhere. Supports a dozen languages including Spanish, Russian, Italian and much more (with complete voice-overs and subtitles)

belier said:

Thanks in advance...

I'll check in a minute, I'm just installing the map pack etc.

Fake edit: is PSN slow for anyone else? It's telling me it'll take 109 minutes to download the 349mb map pack :/

Real edit: best theme ever. The sounds are awesome!

OneMoreQuestion said:
Could someone from the UK help me with my question please? What's the region code for your copy of the game, it should be UCES-xxxxx or something. I'm ordering a copy from the UK and I'm just wondering if DLC from the Aussie store works on it. Thanks!

OMQ

Sorry to requote myself but I kind of need the code badly... Many thanks to the UK-Gaffers!

coolcole93 said:

Fake edit: is PSN slow for anyone else? It's telling me it'll take 109 minutes to download the 349mb map pack :/

It took a surprising amount of time for me too, and I downloaded it yesterday morning, about 22 hours ago.

belier

coolcole93 said:

I'll wait anxiously...

shagg_187 said:
It's multilanguage everywhere. Supports a dozen languages including Spanish, Russian, Italian and much more (with complete voice-overs and subtitles)

Sure? Checked directly from an UK copy?
Some games are distributed only in English in UK to minimize importation...

languages.PNG

The languages the UK copy supports :)

ZeroRay

I think the campaign is as good as KZ2 only in a different way.

Still, this game was rushed. Presentation is a step down from KZ2. The transition to the
snow vehicle
was laughable and I'm questioning whether the final section was even playtested.

Mine just arrived, yay! If any UK peeps are up for some games at some point today, add me: rc94__ (2 underscores)

My clan's probably not gonna be playing this that much, so I might need some company from the GAFe fiends.

Internet Celebrity said:
Mine just arrived, yay! If any UK peeps are up for some games at some point today, add me: rc94__ (2 underscores)

My clan's probably not gonna be playing this that much, so I might need some company from the GAFe fiends.

I might add you if that's ok. I'm lone wolfing atm and feeling pretty lonely.

dazed808

Internet Celebrity said:

You seem to have disappeared from my FL so will add you again later.

coolcole93 said:
I might add you if that's ok. I'm lone wolfing atm and feeling pretty lonely.
Yeah mate, go for it. I won't be on until a little later, but I'll be sure to send a squad invite your way.
dazed808 said:
You seem to have disappeared from my FL so will add you again later.
I'm using a new PSN account now, although I definitely didn't delete you off my old one. I'm probably lurking around the bottom of your list somewhere. Anyway I'll add you as soon as I get on, it's Rick808 right?

KingDizzi

Banned
Talk about luck, Lovefilm sent KZ2 on release day and the same has now happened with KZ3! Will give SP a whirl before moving onto the MP, still great that it should be in my hands tomorrow. :D

Facism

can't play the game though. the woman is watching some shitty Turkish blind date knockoff crap that's literally on the tv 24/7. Either that or the 5 hour soaps that come on. It's all subliminal training on how to be a cunt.

-_-

Anyone else think that the SMG's are pretty underpowered? I've played a couple of matches now and it seems that I can't beat an assault rifle from close range with one, which surely is its job?

dazed808

Facism said:
can't play the game though. the woman is watching some shitty Turkish blind date knockoff crap that's literally on the tv 24/7. Either that or the 5 hour soaps that come on. It's all subliminal training on how to be a cunt.

-_-

I feel ya pain mate. I can't play as I have a 2 year old who will only sit on her potty if she's sat in front of the TV watching neon-glow kids shows. My brain is melting.

Will start the Euro party proper tonight tho, was only Lince and myself late last night enduring the legendary NA lag.

Internet Celebrity said:
Anyway I'll add you as soon as I get on, it's Rick808 right?

Yep that's me mate.

Top Bottom