• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

I recommend spending those five skill points to unlock the Engineer's StA3 Light Machine Gun. It is beastly at mid-range, especially when you're holding an area down.

In Salamun Market if you make sure your team has both TSA's on your side of the map, and the top floor one on the opponent's, you can camp it out on the stairs in their side of the middle building. Enemy players will be flooding in through two entry points, aiming away from you = kills kills kills!

upJTboogie said:
Just playing some GW to get used to the maps and I'm loving them so far, especially Bilgarsk Boulevard.

Oh yes, I love that map. One of the best and most enjoyable maps to play Marksman on in my opinion.

By the way, is anyone experiencing the same peculiar glitch on Killzone.com that I am? In my live feed under my overview it says I've joined a clan every half hour, and it has been doing that since yesterday night.

D6AMIA6N

Guys, I've been online with my PS3 since 2009, and this will be the first game I've really gotten into online. Most of my online games I play on the 360.

I HAVE NO PSN FRIENDS! ZERO! Please add me!

PSN ID: D6AMIA6N

the campaign is so damn boring. on rail sections followed by annoying battles. u just die way to fast and the helghast have super aim now and have the health u should have. MP is getting boring too. THis game feels so rushed.

StuBurns

Banned
Finished, it's good, it's not great. There was a flash of brilliance with 'Six Months On' but nothing really beyond that. I enjoyed the story much more than I expect though. I look forward to KZ4. I'm downloading my CE bonus maps as we speak, I'll try some MP tomorrow I think.

Az

Aghh fuck I can't keep reading this.

Bout to go pick this up when I get off work. Someone please send me that GAF chat invite. My PSN is in my profile.

1stStrike

Banned
TheAzRim said:

Bout to go pick this up when I get off work. Someone please send me that GAF chat invite. My PSN is in my profile.

SP sucks IMO don't get over hyped :p I haven't bothered with MP yet because I was so disgusted with SP.

KingDizzi

Banned
TheAzRim said:

All I'm hearing is bad stuff, have no hopes at all for this game when it arrives tomorrow. MP was what I enjoyed most from KZ2 and seeing impressions such as the maps being worse compared to KZ2 is terrible.

reKon

Banned
I loved starting off as a medic in Bad Company 2. What do you think gaf? Is medic a great first class to start off as for KZ3?

Az

1stStrike said:
SP sucks IMO don't get over hyped :p I haven't bothered with MP yet because I was so disgusted with SP.

Ugh. Even though I want to get it for MP a good SP would be the cherry on top.
I played the beta and had a good time.

The SP being shit does make me a sad rabbit.

BeeDog

TheAzRim said:
Ugh. Even though I want to get it for MP a good SP would be the cherry on top.
I played the beta and had a good time.

The SP being shit does make me a sad rabbit.

Let me act as a counter-point; the SP has been great fun (at least to where I am in the campaign). Really good shit despite some polish issues.

Not in your first few games I think. The starting weapon LS 57 SMG is pretty bad, but once you unlock the M82SE Assault Rifle you should be fine.

I don't think you'll get the most points with Medic though.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Giriath_89 said:
Not in your first few games I think. The starting weapon LS 57 SMG is pretty bad, but once you unlock the M82SE Assault Rifle you should be fine.

I don't think you'll get the most points with Medic though.

There's no real "super xp" class like in some games. In Mag, for example, once you unlocked the medic gun and revive, the points rolled in.

Acrylic7

During the beta I spent most of my time playing Engineer thinking that my turrets weren't made of glass and paperclips, and that I could deploy more than one of these at one time. figured the extra kills would get me even more skill unlocks and whatnot.
Didn't make that mistake twice.
The day KZ3 was released I headed straight for Tactician.
Running all the way back from the base towards the action is just to annoying. Even with armor you still die way to fast. Plus you are bound to run into someone or something on your way to an objective or whatnot.Then you start from the base again. Old person sprint system and low health does not make for fun matches, I cant even chase someone down let alone get to assassination target, ect.
The spawn points weren't perfect in KZ2, but they were as good as it was going to get. I still don't understand the change.
Is anyone actually liking this better than KZ2 multiplayer?

Az

WretchedTruman said:
just buy the damn thing.

I loved KZ2 so much, it could be without a SP and I would still buy it.
Now getting Move, don't think I can sell that to my wife.

I did the Home minigame and unlocked the points a couple days ago before I had the game. Will it just automatically unlock in MP, or do I have to do anything? I already put the code in and redeemed them through the store earlier.

Majine

Banned
The aiming with Move controller is awesome, but having to use the DS3 with my other hand is abit awkward. Probably should pick up a Navicon, what does GAF say?

This part with the
mech suits
is really grinding my gears. My controller won't stop vibrating and I can't tell when I'm being hit by mortar fire or even how to dodge the shit.

Cornbread78

TheAzRim said:
I loved KZ2 so much, it could be without a SP and I would still buy it.
Now getting Move, don't think I can sell that to my wife.

I bought the MOVE "for the kids" now getting the Sharpshooter, that is one fight I'm losing pretty badly now that I got the game....

Majine said:
The aiming with Move controller is awesome, but having to use the DS3 with my other hand is abit awkward. Probably should pick up a Navicon, what does GAF say?

I picked up the Nav specifically for this game.

Grisby

Had a hard lockup, :/

Up to the
scrap-yard
level and I'm not feeling it as much as I did earlier. The enemy encounters and level design are just not that satisfying. I appreciate the more open levels but I feel like I'm dying more by accident, rather than user error.

Also, the jet pack doesn't handle shooting that well and the on-rail sections are getting a bit tiresome. The last one with the snow car-saw was pretty bad. The machine gun on it was worthless and I never felt in control of the car.

I'm still having fun and I tried some MP last night, which was a blast. Chaotic, but thats how KZ2 was for me so its fine.

Can't wait to pick this up from work tomorrow!

I have a Move controller but no Nav sidekick, do you guys think it's worth springing for one or is it better suited to a regular controller?

So far my Move has been pretty neglected.

EDIT - yes I should learn to read. Doh! Looks like I'll be spending a little extra tomorrow.

Appollowexx said:
Can't wait to pick this up from work tomorrow!

I have a Move controller but no Nav sidekick, do you guys think it's worth springing for one or is it better suited to a regular controller?

So far my Move has been pretty neglected.

read about 3 or 4 posts up

commish

If anyone is looking for a nav, I can sell mine for cheap - like $20 shipped or something (I think it's $30 new). If you followed the beta thread, you'll see that I bought the move & nav for KZ3 but didn't like it. Total use with Nav is probably under an hour.

Anyways, does anyone if Salamun market is going into the normal rotation? I love the map but annoyed that it just repeats. I don't know if it's by design or a bug.

Did they forget to put a cut-scene on the disc?

Continuity question
How the fuck do you end up on the icesaw vehicle? They NEVER explain it.

StuBurns

Banned
Imperial Hot said:
Did they forget to put a cut-scene on the disc?

Continuity question
How the fuck do you end up on the icesaw vehicle? They NEVER explain it.
That bit totally threw me too, was cool though.

Halcyon

Im really enjoying the multiplayer with the move. I really feel like I can lock onto targets faster and with better accuracy.

I got the sharp shooter. Its fun to mess around with but the standard move is the only practical way to play. Id think about using the sharp shooter more if the cursor actually lined up and stayed lined up on the screen.

JB1981

I can't believe how ugly some of these maps are. The art direction is putrid. KZ2 had incredibly consistent and moody art direction in multiplayer. What is up with WASHING THE ENTIRE SCREEN IN ONE COLOR: Red, blue, green? Or throwing a blizzard of shit in the player's face on the snow maps? Where did the team behind KZ2 go? They certainly didn't stick around for this crap!

aristotle

I tried to play with the SS. Didn't like it much. I'll try playing with bots after I finish the game to get used to the Move in a FPS more. I went back to the ole DS3. The problem is there is a slight forward drift on the left stick. I only noticed it in the Jungle level when I would creep forward without touching the controller. Is it time to get a new controller or can I reset it somehow? :(

X-Frame

Acrylic7 said:
Is anyone actually liking this better than KZ2 multiplayer?
KZ2 had it's issues and faults but I still enjoy it much more than KZ3. They had a strong base for the MP and instead of building on it they just removed stuff or completely changed aspects.

But I and others already vented about this in the beta threads. I do know that GG is going to slowly roll out updates for the MP so I'm hopeful it will be better in the future.

This thread took a major turn quick from "LOVE IT" to "ZOMG SHIT", of course it seems to be the same people over and over again bitching, so that could be it.

conman

I think the turning tide of opinion is inevitable. The SP is really bad (design-wise and story-wise), and MP simply isn't as good as in KZ2.

Phaethon0017 said:
This part with the
mech suits
is really grinding my gears. My controller won't stop vibrating and I can't tell when I'm being hit by mortar fire or even how to dodge the shit.
That's the least of your worries. There are even bigger design oversights later in the campaign. If I didn't know better, I would have assumed KZ3 was the studio's first try at making an FPS.

commish

X-Frame said:
KZ2 had it's issues and faults but I still enjoy it much more than KZ3. They had a strong base for the MP and instead of building on it they just removed stuff or completely changed aspects.

But I and others already vented about this in the beta threads. I do know that GG is going to slowly roll out updates for the MP so I'm hopeful it will be better in the future.

Honestly, to me, it's not the features they removed - it's mostly the maps that made KZ2 better - so far - than KZ3. If I can get a rotation going of just the handful of maps that I like, I think I'll be much better off. When snowdrift comes onto rotation, I want to stab the screen.

Again, there was a TON of bitching in the beginning of KZ2, if you guys remember, mostly about the controls. Then it got better. I am going to assume it'll be the same for this. Playing with clanmates will help a bunch. Teamwork!

I'm not enjoying the campaign at all. Good visuals, pretty interesting story, but it just isn't fun to me. It's not any worse than the other myriad of FPS campaigns out there, but it has its own share of frustrations and it's not something I'm looking to go through right now. The glitches don't help me any either.

I'm going to try the MP later on. Hopefully I find that more enjoyable.

I'm enjoying the single player immensely. Just straight up fun. Usually I beat games like this in 2 days max but I'm enjoying it too much to rush it.

Top Bottom