• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kindom Under Fire Delayed Again

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/548/548949p1.html

Xbox to come under fire in October -- we hope.

September 17, 2004 - Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders, Microsoft's upcoming blend of action and strategy, has been delayed once again. Now set to ship sometime in October, KUF is still coming this year (no really, it is) and will still be Xbox Live compatible. Unfortunately, the four-player mode once offered has been cut to head-to-head online play. This may be the reason for the delay.

An official release date has not been announced, so keep your eyes on IGN for that all-important "Gone Gold" story. We'll have more on KUF as soon as it becomes available. Until then, go outside and shoot some hoops or something.

rastex

Banned
What the heck... wasn't there a video of KUF retail version being played recently that had 4 players on Live?

belgurdo

Banned
rastex said:
What the heck... wasn't there a video of KUF retail version being played recently that had 4 players on Live?

On GameFAQs, people have ripped the beta and are playing it on modded Xboxes

If this game gets questionably delayed even further that may be the only way we'll all be playing it eventually

This game release is driving me CRAZY!!! Phantagram is reallyl losing the window of opportunity with this game. Come Farenheit 11/9...nobody is going to care about this game. I've been waiting patiently for over 2 years and every time this game gets close to release, we get kicke din the gut.

And whatthe HECK happened to 4 players online play? What in the world is going on now?! Are they trying to implement XBL3.0 features or is the project out of control. We need some info..........

Seth C

belgurdo said:
On GameFAQs, people have ripped the beta and are playing it on modded Xboxes

If this game gets questionably delayed even further that may be the only way we'll all be playing it eventually

The worst part is that the "beta" is actually what they released as reviewable code to everyone who has reviewed the game. Here's hoping they make a lot of changes before release. The version I played wasn't very good at all.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Seth C said:
The worst part is that the "beta" is actually what they released as reviewable code to everyone who has reviewed the game. Here's hoping they make a lot of changes before release. The version I played wasn't very good at all.

If thats the beta version then i thought it was pretty good, the combat is too simplistic but the polish to the strategy side of things makes up for it.

Seth C

Ghost said:
If thats the beta version then i thought it was pretty good, the combat is too simplistic but the polish to the strategy side of things makes up for it.

How much of it have you played? That's the real question. At the beginning of the game I really enjoyed it, but it didn't take long to realize it was a great idea, but the execution had been completely screwed.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
played as much of it as i could before the bugs got to me, completed the main human guys quest and most of the easy dark elf one too.

I thought the the execution was great, level of strategy you can employ (not just battle field elevation but weather, formations & the position of the sun) is better than just about every RTS on PC. Like i say the only bit i didnt like (besides the bugs and some missions that seemed broken, i assumed they would be fixed) was the combat, needs more combos (a lot more).

Seth C

Ghost said:
played as much of it as i could before the bugs got to me, completed the main human guys quest and most of the easy dark elf one too.

I thought the the execution was great, level of strategy you can employ (not just battle field elevation but weather, formations & the position of the sun) is better than just about every RTS on PC. Like i say the only bit i didnt like (besides the bugs and some missions that seemed broken, i assumed they would be fixed) was the combat, needs more combos (a lot more).

What about the experience/gold ratio? It's completely off. The problem is made even worse by the fact that you can only purchase items that are near your own level. Problem is, I can't AFFORD those items because I don't get near enough gold. You could just save up all that experience and never use it, but then you feel cheated. Hopefully they are working on this.

Of course, no amount of time is going to fix the fact that all of the character's quests are too short. By the time you feel like your character is getting powerful, their story is over.

When was this delay announced? Does this mean that all the reviews have been based off what is possibly review code; prelim codes; ergo not right?

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
TheGreenGiant said:
When was this delay announced? Does this mean that all the reviews have been based off what is possibly review code; prelim codes; ergo not right?

exactly. They delayed the game to make it worse.

Top Bottom