• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Famassu

2.5 will probably be cross-gen according to GAF insiders like Verendus. This one? Have to wait and see.
Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix in 1080p@60fps? Want.

Need a super hyper KH collectors edition box for PS4 with All the KH games 1-3 plus soundtracks and all Nomura art posters.
The price of such a thing would be absolutely ridiculous. The Kingdom Hearts Original Soundtrack Complete (which only has I, II & ReCoM) alone costs nearly 200€ nowadays.

Sora2k7

I will grab this

hHqk2JL.png

Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix in 1080p@60fps? Want.

The price of such a thing would be absolutely ridiculous. The Kingdom Hearts Original Soundtrack Complete (which only has I, II & ReCoM) alone costs nearly 200€ nowadays.

Such a good box set. Nabbed it on release years ago.

It's totally likely they'll do another bundle down the road. They did it with Trinity Master Piece and then again for the 10th Anniversary DS collection. So I expect a them to wait until KHIII to do a fresh bundle with 1.5, 2.5 and KHIII. Maybe a smaller bundle in the interim. The more elaborate bundle being Japan only, as usual.

Famassu

Such a good box set. Nabbed it on release years ago.
I only bought it almost exactly a year ago. Such an expensive set that I just couldn't afford it before. I was really happy about the set but now I've been kind of thinking if it would have just been better if I had waited. Kind of sucks that after only just buying it, a few months after that SQEX releases this HD collection which, to the surprise of everyone, had live instrument/orchestrated versions of all the songs. -_-; If they ever release these soundtracks again with the improvements, I know I'll have to doubledip.

It's totally likely they'll do another bundle down the road. They did it with Trinity Master Piece and then again for the 10th Anniversary DS collection. So I expect a them to wait until KHIII to do a fresh bundle with 1.5, 2.5 and KHIII. Maybe a smaller bundle in the interim. The more elaborate bundle being Japan only, as usual.
KHIII's release sounds like a perfect moment to release some kind of Über Collection with everything in it. It'd probably cost north of 300€, but I'd love to get it.

I only bought it almost exactly a year ago. Such an expensive set that I just couldn't afford it before. I was really happy about the set but now I've been kind of thinking if it would have just been better if I had waited. Kind of sucks that after only just buying it, a few months after that SQEX releases this HD collection which, to the surprise of everyone, had live instrument/orchestrated versions of all the songs. -_-; If they ever release these soundtracks again with the improvements, I know I'll have to doubledip.

KHIII's release sounds like a perfect moment to release some kind of Über Collection with everything in it. It'd probably cost north of 300€, but I'd love to get it.
I really hope they will release this soundtrack, its such an improvement.

Has Verendus said that? Huh.

I feel like, if anything, it'll be released for the PS3 first, then there'll be a (1.5+2.5) collection on PS4/Xbone eventually.
Verendus has said on two occasions that there will be a KH game for PS4 in 2014 that isn't (obviously) KH3. So either 2.5, full HD collection or 4K edition of Chi. Take your pick.

Seda

Sorry, haven't (well won't) read through the thread. Is that title a spoiler?

Uh....sort of I guess? Not for Kingdom Hearts 1 or Chain of Memories but for Days (although some things are not actually explained until KH2)

Hard to explain vaguely. To fully explain it would involve actually spoiling a moment of KH1.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Seda

On that note, let's keep series spoilers properly marked in here. There are a lot of first time players it seems. Further discussion can be taken to the Community thread.

Uh....sort of I guess? Not for Kingdom Hearts 1 or Chain of Memories but for Days (although some things are not actually explained until KH2)

Hard to explain vaguely. To fully explain it would involve actually spoiling a moment of KH1.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Uh jeez OP ... anyway thanks for the info Seda I'll try.

sappyday

I just realized that any first timers playing through the collection will already be confused by the inclusion of Days since
Roxas already feels like an established character in Days while KH2 is his true introduction.

Also the first KH story is pretty tame in comparison to the rest.

I just realized that any first timers playing through the collection will already be confused by the inclusion of Days since
Roxas already feels like an established character in Days while KH2 is his true introduction.

Also the first KH story is pretty tame in comparison to the rest.

True. Some crazys even say that Days should be done before KH2 but I think doing Days first makes little sense. It isn't THAT bad but I think it is obviously meant to be played after 2.

So hyped for this release. My wife never had a PS2 so she missed out on the original and its sequel. Only game she ever played was CoM, and that's a pretty big mess to find yourself in never having played the first.

Can't wait!

This. It doesn't work like the titleI asays. It is more of a joke and you will get it if you play the whole series.

It kinda is like the ''Nanomachines'' of Metal Gear.

Ok at least answer this question. I've seen quite a lot of footage of KHII as my cousin played it, so I'm kind of recalling something actually

Im assuming it has to do with the kid at the start of 2.
I think i already knew that (or maybe im just really off base). Nonetheless, if I took what the title says literally, it would be false because ...
Sora is not Mickey Mouse for instance

Am I making a lick of sense?

Thorgal

Never played a Kingdom Hearts game before. Does this game stand the test of time

I would say yes it does nicely .

only issues i had with it in the day was the weird camera controls ( L2 and R2 to move the camera respectevely left and right ) although since the Final mix version uses the right analog for the camera that issue is gone .

edit : or was it the shoulder buttons ?

I would say yes it does nicely .

only issues i had with it in the day was the weird camera controls ( L2 and R2 to move the camera respectevely left and right ) although since the Final mix version uses the right analog for the camera that issue is gone .

edit : or was it the shoulder buttons ?
Stick camera is new to HD. Final Mix was still L2/R2.

I'm kind of hard pressed to think of any traditionally story-destroying tropes that KH hasn't already used. Already used:
Clones, time travel, identity stealing, people being divided into multiple beings, restoration of said multiple beings, false memories/just a dream, possession, false identity, people coming back from the dead, all of the good stuff actually being the villain's true plan all along
. Maybe that means the story has finally hit rock bottom of pointless twistiness and KH3 can start piecing it all back together. Right? Right?

I'm kind of hard pressed to think of any traditionally story-destroying tropes that KH hasn't already used. Already used:
Clones, time travel, identity stealing, people being divided into multiple beings, restoration of said multiple beings, false memories/just a dream, possession, false identity, people coming back from the dead, all of the good stuff actually being the villain's true plan all along
. Maybe that means the story has finally hit rock bottom of pointless twistiness and KH3 can start piecing it all back together. Right? Right?

KH3 reveals that everybody came from the same orphanage all along! Keyblades just eroded their memories.

Soriku

Parallel worlds too, sort of.

Reading all that... 3 better damn well be the end of the Xehanort storyline lol. Start fresh with 4 please!

Reading all that... 3 better damn well be the end of the Xehanort storyline lol. Start fresh with 4 please!

3, at the very least, has a big
face turn
coming, though it's been telegraphed pretty loudly. Don't know if I can say the series has had a real
heel turn
that I can think of except in cases of
possession
, but Chain of Memories is chock full of backstabbing and shifting allegiances so I could be forgetting something.

Saiyan-Rox

Yes. To 100% is possible too but I can't say for certain since this version of the game never was localized.

As someone who never played Re:CoM is the platinum that hard?

well I wouldn't say it was hard it'll be certainly very annoying and take ages with a minimum of 6 playthroughs

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ki...e-chain-memories-hd-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

sucks that dificulty trophies don't stack in KH1 otherwise the plat could be done in 1 playthrough

Question: are the games in here beatable without a guide?

Totally. There isn't really anything missable either.

I think the only time I have used a guide was for the first Kingdom Hearts in post game when I needed to find few hidden chests that contain dalmatian puppies (the main collecting sidequest in the game).

There actually was one collectable that was missable in the first game if you missed it in the original but they fixed it for the japanese Final Mix edition (and this HD collection).

Tsunamo

Never played a Kingdom Hearts game before. Does this game stand the test of time
I'd say so. I came back to it after years of not playing the original and still managed to enjoy it as much as I did playing it the first time. (although later installments did improve on some things)
I really really hope 4 starts fresh (or as fresh as possible with worlds and characters being established already) I miss that simple story of the original Kingdom Hearts before the series story started getting complex.

Considering it's still Soras Nomuras story after 3 I'm not too hopeful though.

Yes. To 100% is possible too but I can't say for certain since this version of the game never was localized.

As someone who never played Re:CoM is the platinum that hard?
Final Mix is basically the original game with additions and balance changes so kerotan_eater should be alright still.

I wouldn't say hard, just extremely time consuming and tedious. There's a huge element of luck in collecting certain cards for the get all cards trophy and it's mostly up to chance in if you gain them.

I don't know, you'd have to be pretty insane to attempt the gummi ship missions on proud.
I don't want to relive that nightmare ever again.

Top Bottom