• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Hey OP, just a heads up but you should upload those GIFs to either Sta.sh or Flickr rather than Minus. Minus has really rotten load times for GIFs and Sta.sh is significantly faster.

I wouldn't say hard, just extremely time consuming and tedious. There's a huge element of luck in collecting certain cards for the get all cards trophy and it's mostly up to chance in if you gain them.

Grinding to collect every single card in Chain of Memories is basically about assembling a deck that lets you do several Megaflares in a row and then blasting away at every single enemy formation you encounter, right?

That, and reloading Moogle Treasure rooms.

Saiyan-Rox

I don't know, you'd have to be pretty insane to attempt the gummi ship missions on proud.

It's doable yeah but you're right that would be done on beginners mode along with the level cap,no deaths and no changing equipment trophies. leave the option bosses for the proud playthrough i think just for the extra challenge

weevles

Preordered LE w/artbook from BB. Will give the series another shot...at minimum, seeing the cutscenes on BR will be nice.

Wait, is the LE package any different from the normal? Or is it just a regular case + art book.

I think it has just a crappy paper box containing the game with a regular case and the artbook with the same coverart so don't expect a sleek steelbox or anything.

3max.jpg

overcast

I think it has just a crappy paper box containing the game with a regular case and the artbook with the same coverart so don't expect a sleek steelbox or anything.
Ah okay, similar to SMT4 then? I'll just not pre order it. It'll probably just sit around some place random in my house.

Saiyan-Rox

Wait, is the LE package any different from the normal? Or is it just a regular case + art book.

Nah carboard box with the artbook inside along with a norm box like the BBS SE before it. it;s how SE do all those art book SE versions.

Have to admit I don't like these art book SE i'd rather have something else than an art book i'll look at once

Damn it, guess I'll just be buying GTA5 with the money instead. Anyone know what Square's problem is with not releasing any of the Kingdom Hearts games digitally?

I think it has something to do with lisencing problems with the theme song (and that would be the reason why Birth By Sleep never got PSN release either) and SE is too lazy to do anything about it or it costs too much money.

The only way any of the old games will be digital is if they will make cross-gen versions and MS/Sony force them to do a digital next gen version.

Seriously?! That's the reason why I can't play BBS on my Vita? :(

Most likely. Apparently same reason for CC since that has some Gact song or some shit and is pretty much the only FF game not on PSN in EU.

just be happy the tarzan section is intact in KH1.5 in all of its platforming glory...
I honestly don't think there was ever any problem with that. Disney is known for iron grip to any rights to their stuff and I think they can do anything they want with the Tarzan stuff they have done in the past. Dunno about making new movies/games ofc.

Saiyan-Rox

I think it has something to do with lisencing problems with the theme song (and that would be the reason why Birth By Sleep never got PSN release either) and SE is too lazy to do anything about it or it costs too much money.

The only way any of the old games will be digital is if they will make cross-gen versions and MS/Sony force them to do a digital next gen version.

I doubt it's the theme song if they had licensing issues for the song it would have halted the disc release and other releases.

last time i heard anything about it (from an employee of Sony) it was something to do with Disney I don't know how creditable that is but I guess we'll never know the reason tho I would love to play it on vita swell :( suppose when the inevitable 2.5 remix releases that will do

I doubt it's the theme song if they had licensing issues for the song it would have halted the disc release and other releases.

last time i heard anything about it (from an employee of Sony) it was something to do with Disney I don't know how creditable that is but I guess we'll never know the reason tho I would love to play it on vita swell :( suppose when the inevitable 2.5 remix releases that will do

There would have to be new deals if they were digitally distributing that stuff AFAIK. Disney couldn't do anything about CC being released on PSN and there literally is no other explanation for the absence of that game. Every other SE game is in there, FF 1-9, both Dissidias, Tactics Ogre...

At first there was speculation that it was because of Disney but I dunno. They don't have any weird crusade agains digital, they have tons of games on PSN for instance.

Fun fact: whoever handles the Utada Hikaru songs are way too active in trying to delete all of youtube videos of them for instance. OT but still annoying.

Saiyan-Rox

There would have to be new deals if they were digitally distributing that stuff AFAIK. Disney couldn't do anything about CC being released on PSN and there literally is no other explanation for the absence of that game. Every other SE game is in there, FF 1-9, both Dissidias, Tactics Ogre...

At first there was speculation that it was because of Disney but I dunno. They don't have any weird crusade agains digital, they have tons of games on PSN for instance.

Fun fact: whoever handles the Utada Hikaru songs are way too active in trying to delete all of youtube videos of them for instance. OT but still annoying.

there would be new deals now if they wanted to get it on PSN yeah licensing is a weird thing i've seen games pulled digitally because of it before so I guess it could be because of a sound track it's strange why the didn't upload it day 1 of the release tho I don't know about how these things work internally but i'd assume the same day as release wouldn't have been such a chore? ah it's all speculation and it does suck but at this point of time it'll never go up just have to wait for that remake.

Really? they can try but they'll never win lol

Hey OP, just a heads up but you should upload those GIFs to either Sta.sh or Flickr rather than Minus. Minus has really rotten load times for GIFs and Sta.sh is significantly faster.

Thanks good to know

EDIT: Wow, good call. Sta.sh is WAY better than minus haha

Is this going to be released digitally?

A digital release has not been announced, but it's possible that digital releases are mandated for HD collections under SCEA rules (if someone can point out an exception, though, please do - for example, I'm not sure that the Sly Cooper games have been released individually and digitally).

A digital release has not been announced, but it's possible that digital releases are mandated for HD collections under SCEA rules (if someone can point out an exception, though, please do - for example, I'm not sure that the Sly Cooper games have been released individually and digitally).

They have confirmed no digital release in the PSblog iirc. There is no such mandate. Examples being Silent Hill HD collection, Tomb Raider HD collection...

Not surprising tho.

I completely forgot this was coming out so soon. I've just pre-ordered on Amazon.

It's funny, I never played much of the original back in the day, and I kept meaning to go back to it. Now I have a great excuse.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What do I need to know before playing KH1? Any hints/tips?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Have fun. Get all the dalmations.
I remember that being important... But are they missable? Actually, are there any major missables in the game?

What do I need to know before playing KH1? Any hints/tips?

Learn to use block (has several block frames, can stun enemies) and dodge roll (has tons of invincibility frames) in combat as soon as you can.
I remember that being important... But are they missable? Actually, are there any major missables in the game?
Nothing major in terms of completing your characters/equipment collection, but there are a few minor early-game prizes you can miss for losing at some minigames. That's mostly it.

Yoshichan

Learn to use block (has several block frames, can stun enemies) and dodge roll (has tons of invincibility frames) in combat as soon as you can.
Nothing major in terms of completing your characters/equipment collection, but there are a few minor early-game prizes you can miss for losing at some minigames. That's mostly it.
Oh my God, stunning with timed blocks and lots of invincibility frames on the dodge? COUNT ME IN ON DAT HYPE!

Staff is for swaggers
Sword is for losers
Shield is for bros

Indeed no real missables in the Final Mix. The only ones are some normal items like Elixir if you
lose to Squall at the beginning of the game.
(early game spoilers)

Not sure what minigame BC is referring to. The jungle slide for example can be done as many times as you want and at any point.

Oh my God, stunning with timed blocks and lots of invincibility frames on the dodge? COUNT ME IN ON DAT HYPE!

Also, you can put three magic spells on shortcut; pick Cure, Aero, and an offensive spell of your choice that isn't Stop. Fire, Gravity, and Thunder are generally your best picks, depending on what it is you like (Fire's good for spamming because it consumes next to no MP; Thunder's best for knocking out tons of enemies; Gravity's great as a support spell if you mostly like to beat enemies up with physical attacks).

Bladenic

Yep blocking is crazy useful, and actually makes getting levels much easier (you can totally grind at the beginning of the game to give yourself an easier time). Otherwise just dodge roll like crazy.

As for spells I generally don't bother with offensive ones, especially not for bosses (except for a small few where it's required). But Thunder and Gravity are the best offensive ones. And use Aero a lot. It's awesome and I miss it (though Reflect was broken).

Yep blocking is crazy useful, and actually makes getting levels much easier (you can totally grind at the beginning of the game to give yourself an easier time). Otherwise just dodge roll like crazy.

Blocking doesn't really give you *that* much good experience except toward the very beginning of the game, but it remains quite handy for the whole game (and lots of people ignore it). It's awesome. Dodge roll is still superior though <3

Yoshichan

Guys, thank you so much for all the tips!

I read from someone that you can get x2 experience throughout the game... How? :) will it be cheating?

Guys, thank you so much for all the tips!

I read from someone that you can get x2 experience throughout the game... How? :) will it be cheating?

Beginner mode gives you an accessory from the start that boosts exp gain. I think it's only 20% or something tho. There is no way to get 2x experience, even if you stack your character full of those items.

Also beginner mode is way too easy. KH isn't a grindy game in any difficulty really with the exeption of the secret bosses and even then being ARPG skills can make all the difference over level.

Edit: actually my math is all over the place. I guess you can get close to 2X exp if you equip 3 exp boost items. There are items that give 20% or 30% boost to exp and you have 3 accessory slots later in the game.

Beginner mode gives you an accessory from the start that boosts exp gain. I think it's only 20% or something tho. There is no way to get 2x experience, even if you stack your character full of those items.

Also beginner mode is way too easy. KH isn't a grindy game in any difficulty really with the exeption of the secret bosses and even then being ARPG skills can make all the difference over level.

Edit: actually my math is all over the place. I guess you can get close to 2X exp if you equip 3 exp boost items.

Kinda funny that KH Final Mix made getting to Lv99 so much easier and KH2 Final Mix made it so much harder.

edit: although, on the other hand, KH Final Mix made maxing out your stats via synthesis way harder and KH2 Final Mix enables you to do so by grinding the Data Versions of certain Org. XIII members.

Yoshichan

Aight! Does Sora actually run around with a shield if I choose it at the start? Or is it just stat-wise?
Kinda funny that KH Final Mix made getting to Lv99 so much easier and KH2 Final Mix made it so much harder.
Sorry, but what's "Final Mix"?

Aight! Does Sora actually run around with a shield if I choose it at the start? Or is it just stat-wise?

Sorry, but what's "Final Mix"?

Final Mix is the equivalent of the International edition of an FF game. A bunch of tweaks and additions and improvements over the original, but only for Japan (until now).

And if you choose the shield, he'll have a shield equipped toward the very beginning of the game, yes, but he'll switch from that to his Keyblade pretty quickly.

Top Bottom