• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Psxphile

Also, what is the best way to spawn/respawn the special/rare heartless in each world? Should I leave the world and re-enter? Kill the regular enemies (if they spawn) and zone 2 screens away and come back? Thanks for any help. :3

Encounter Up doesn't seem to do anything for rare Heartless. For most of them, simply moving two screens away and then returning will occasionally cause them to spawn, but some are notoriously difficult to spawn with that method after the first time so running to a save point, leaving the world and then returning puts the odds more in your favor (same for soft resetting, I suppose). For me, that was Pink Agricacus in Deep Jungle. No way to know if that was intentional, it's just that in my first Final Mix run even after two-screen-awaying more than 20 times it never appeared again. Not two tries after leaving the world and return, there it (or they) were again.

Step

Encounter Up doesn't seem to do anything for rare Heartless. For most of them, simply moving two screens away and then returning will occasionally cause them to spawn, but some are notoriously difficult to spawn with that method after the first time so running to a save point, leaving the world and then returning puts the odds more in your favor (same for soft resetting, I suppose). For me, that was Pink Agricacus in Deep Jungle. No way to know if that was intentional, it's just that in my first Final Mix run even after two-screen-awaying more than 20 times it never appeared again. Not two tries after leaving the world and return, there it (or they) were again.

Did you just see if the first mushroom was there right when you enter to know if you could summon the pink agricacus?
This one:
hqdefault.jpg

because I was really dummy and I just saw if he was there or else I would go 2 screens away or leave and enter again, I had no idea that mushroom isn't a 100% spawn to summon the pink agricacus, I wasted so much time, the best way to know is go up there a bit and if the normal heartless doesn't spawn then the mushroom are on the top of the house.

Order

Man,

Fuck Proud mode

Fuck those hordes of Heartless after the
Chernaborg fight

Fuck the fact that there's no save point after that boss.

Fuck the lightbulb heartless.

Fuck everything.

Finalow

I did all of the Synthesis because that has actual in-game rewards for Sora, like his best weapon.

The Gummi stuff is weird because it has precisely no repercussions as far as anything actually in the main game is concerned. It's so self-contained and boring. If the Gummi enemies occasionally dropped synthesis materials or AP/Def/Atk Ups or SOMETHING that Sora could actually use, I'd be willing to look into playing it. But there's no incentive to do it since it in no way makes Sora/Donald/Goofy stronger.
of course, but it's way less boring doing those missions instead of grinding that much.
or at least it is for me.

Psxphile

Did you just see if the first mushroom was there right when you enter to know if you could summon the pink agricacus?
This one:
hqdefault.jpg

because I was really dummy and I just saw if he was there or else I would go 2 screens away or leave and enter again, I had no idea that mushroom isn't a 100% spawn to summon the pink agricacus, I wasted so much time, the best way to know is go up there a bit and if the normal heartless doesn't spawn then the mushroom are on the top of the house.

After the first few times I did suspect that maybe the mushrooms were spawning in a different part of the map. I suspected that if regular Heartless spawned once I ventured further in then that meant Pinky wasn't going to show up. After several more tries I was convinced nothing short of leaving the world was going to fix the problem. So to answer your question, yes I was aware of that but I never encountered White Mushrooms spawning elsewhere on the map.

EDIT: I mean, that first mushroom. The other two were a different story.

You don't need to go two screens away every time. That's after you kill them once and want to do it again without soft resetting.

Hm... I think I knew this already. Forgot to apply it when farming in Deep Jungle. Probably due to how hard it was to get those mushrooms to spawn.

dc89

Finally got the game! I got the Limited Edition version too, the artbook is really nice.

Just played through and saved it in Traverse Town. The feels, the memories.

Noi

Fuck Riku 5.

Fuck Larxene 2.

Fuck Axel 2.

I'dd rather cut those three assholes from the game and give Marluxia three extra forms. What genius thought it was a bright idea to give these guys attacks that, with one single card, could hit up to 6, teleport them to you, and give no chance to break once you've already gotten hit? I'll take Marluxia and his 1-2 hit heavy damage blows which I actually have a chance at breaking than go through that gauntlet of "the lower our health is, the longer our attacks become" bullshit.

BXtly5AIQAACmI1.jpg

Dunno if I wanna start collecting stuff on Beginner mode or start up Reverse/Rebirth right now.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Finished KHFM proud. All I can say is thank god for Last Leave. :p
That enemy rush in the last area was ridiculous. Died about 8 times there, more than anything else in the game. All in all The End of the World and final bosses were a lot easier than they were on my Beginner starting gear speed run.

At this point I feel like I've gotten everything I wanted out of the game. I don't really care enough to do the ridiculous grinding to get the plat, so I'll just be happy with this. Bring on 2.5 :)

Noi

Beat Reverse/Rebirth Proud just now. I made it to the last floor at level 46, but thought I'd try to get Random Joker on that floor before finishing it.

...I almost got to level 60 and STILL didn't get the stupid card. I'm starting to reconsider not getting the complete Sora collection on my Proud file seeing how I lucked out and already got Rare Joker there.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I just realized I fished proud without ever getting areora or areoga. That would have probably made the end of the world a hell of a lot easier... :p

Aru

After beating Halloween Town on Proud Mode, the game finally became more fun to play. Proud Mode, +Staff-Sword and Dusk XP mode are easily the worst options when picked together.

It seriously affected my enjoyment of the game, and more than once I thought I'd start again on Standard. But I kept going forward and now I'm going to beat the game on Proud Mode. No going back.

Most KH games after 1 became too easy on Standard after passing the first half of the games, so I didn't regret choosing Proud in those. The difficulty curve was much higher in KH1 because:
- Heal spell is obtain way later than in the other games
- Going the Staff route, Second Chance unlocks at level 90. And Second Chance is a huge life saver !
- Again, when choosing the Staff, the basic physical skills are unlocked really late, so you have to be very careful.

Zalman

I've always wanted to try the KH series since I'm a huge Disney fan. I just never had the opportunity. We finally have an HD collection now so this was the perfect time for me to jump in. Currently playing through the first game and I'm pretty sure I'm almost done. I'm in the
Hollow Bastian world and I just defeated Dragon Maleficent.
Really enjoying it so far and I'll definitely be getting the 2.5 collection as soon as it drops. (And KH3 too, obviously!)

So, I made the moronic decision of playing on Proud mode. It's my first time playing and I just got past the Trickmaster boss...spent a good 45 minutes on him.

Incredibly frustrated that I can't change the difficulty mid-game. Should have went with normal difficulty.

I do enjoy the game, however.

Noi

Wait a minute... that's not Blitz/Sonic Blade/Firaga Burst/Ice Raid/Tornado.

Firaga Burst got some nice use once I learned it, but it never quite came close to beating ol' reliable. The game dicked me out of a high level hi-potion until really late too, so I had to save my Keyblade cards for actually attacking rather than sleights.

Finalow

just started CoM, I'm pretty sure that I suck at combat.
as for KH1, I'm not going to 100% (takes too long) but I guess I need some more grind or the ultima weapon to beat Sephiroth, the last optional boss I've left.

Psxphile

Firaga Burst got some nice use once I learned it, but it never quite came close to beating ol' reliable. The game dicked me out of a high level hi-potion until really late too, so I had to save my Keyblade cards for actually attacking rather than sleights.

Hm, I never use item cards if I can help it. With enough CP you can easily craft a deck to obliterate the random mobs before needing to reload. Have to admit, never even thought to use high-level magic like Firaga/Thundaga/Blizzaga when you have sleights like Blitz, Sonic Blade and the elemental Raids to abuse.

Mr.Fresh

Fuck hades cup in the Olympus. Holy shit I don't remember this stuff taking so long. I must've had a lot of time on my hands as a kid. I'm gonna see how much of this collection I can complete before I pick my PS4 up.

Hm, I never use item cards if I can help it. With enough CP you can easily craft a deck to obliterate the random mobs before needing to reload. Have to admit, never even thought to use high-level magic like Firaga/Thundaga/Blizzaga when you have sleights like Blitz, Sonic Blade and the elemental Raids to abuse.

Blizzaga's actually really great. High damage, ridiculously large hitbox.

Yeah, the homing advantage of Firaga (which makes me choose it over Blizzaga most of the time in KH1) is kind of neutralized in Chain of Memories thanks to the very small battle arenas you fight in.

Aru

just started CoM, I'm pretty sure that I suck at combat.
as for KH1, I'm not going to 100% (takes too long) but I guess I need some more grind or the ultima weapon to beat Sephiroth, the last optional boss I've left.

Ultima Keyblade is such a chore to get in KH1. I beat Sephiroth with the Lionheart Keyblade on PS2 10 years ago, but now I'm gonna use the Keyblade I found in Wonderland (don't know its name in english).

Psxphile

^ Lady Luck

Blizzaga's actually really great. High damage, ridiculously large hitbox.

Ah. I would spam elemental magic more often if it weren't for enemies like the mages and Wizards who just absorb shit. But then you get shit like Megaflare and I'm conflicted because it blows away everything BUT Red Nocturnes and Wizards, which are plentiful on the 13th floor.

Mr.Fresh

I'm really enjoying the new things they added tho some of then I didn't expect. The new boss-ish heartless at every world is great. I'm gonna finish chain of memories and come back and do the extras in KHFM.

Finalow

Ultima Keyblade is such a chore to get in KH1. I beat Sephiroth with the Lionheart Keyblade on PS2 10 years ago,-
it is, especially on final mix. my damage is awful vs Sephiroth so I'm not entirely sure if it's faster to get level 100 (I'm 70 right now) or to grind materials for the ultima weapon.

The platinum trophy is mine! All the things I could never do in the original game, I now can do!

Proud was tricky at times, but damn was it fun. Trickmaster, Stealth Sneak, Ursula II, and Ansem II/III were tough. Ansem II was giving me trouble and made me rethink my strategies as I kept getting possessed by the Guardian and was running out of magic/items. Damn, what a fine game it is, even to this day.

Onwards to 2.5 HD ReMIX!

Ah. I would spam elemental magic more often if it weren't for enemies like the mages and Wizards who just absorb shit. But then you get shit like Megaflare and I'm conflicted because it blows away everything BUT Red Nocturnes and Wizards, which are plentiful on the 13th floor.
A quick Omnislash or Tornado afterwards solves the problem. Or, one of my favorites, fill the deck with high numbered attack cards, use the wonderland soldier card and let loose.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
At Hollow Bastion now grinding a little bit. Want that shield and staff for my Goofy and Donald :) Proud mode is hard !

Used Tinkerbell for Riku I fight and it was ridiculously easy, mwahahaha ! However, the normal enemies at Hollow Bastion hit really hard, ouch...

Aru

I'm not starting Re:COM until a few months, but I think I'll go with standard difficulty. KH1FM was too frustrating for me in Proud Mode for the first 20 hours (but it was really easy beyond that).

burnfout

Guys the final Heartless Swarm in EotW is kicking my ass. Threw myself at it 10 + times :(

The suckass camera, 10+ enemies at once, useless Donald and Goofy, I am frustrated as fuck.

Also having to do that whole sequence again and again with the Behemoth suckssssss.

Guys the final Heartless Swarm in EotW is kicking my ass. Threw myself at it 10 + times :(

The suckass camera, 10+ enemies at once, useless Donald and Goofy, I am frustrated as fuck.

Also having to do that whole sequence again and again with the Behemoth suckssssss.

Try leveling up more maybe through the tournaments. Get Aerora if you haven't already, And Tinkerbell is your friend.

As for me, I am thrilled! Finally wrapped up the Gummi Missions a couple of days ago, and on top of that, I did my final playthrough yesterday and today. The platinum trophy is mine. Very enjoyable platinum to get, at least the majority of them on Proud. The beginner mode playthrough was fine, because it was gotten out of the way at the same time as Speedster / Unchanging Armor / Undefeated. But I found the Gummi Missions on Proud mode terribly tedious, and the lack of trophy stacking is absolutely stupid.

Are you playing on Proud? It took me three separate days of trying to get past this on Proud. I actually had to go back and do some tournaments to level up a bit more. Aerora, Curaga, Leaf Bracer, and Divine Rose will help out A LOT. Also, summon Tink right at the first wave of Invisibles. Try to target one at a time as best you can. It's all about thinning their numbers quickly and not spreading out your damage between them too much. I actually ended up beating it with Oathkeeper because I was just trying to rush through Proud so I could start a 100% run. I guess the game took pity on me on the third day because, half way through the fight, I started killing things in 1 or 2 hits. I guess Oathkeeper's string of critical hits finally kicked in and only stopped when I had 2 enemies left. Pure luck.

Zalman

It gets much worse very soon. You should probably level up a bit.

Remember, keep using Aero + Tinker Bell.

Aru

I was around level 60 when I reached EotW, without doing any grinding (but a few side quests, though). I played on Dusk mode, so reaching later levels was quick. Didn't have any trouble in EotW. Even the last boss was a breeze lol. I remember 10 years ago when he kicked my ass in vanilla Standard mode, I got my revenge :p

If anyone wants a great place to level up, I suggest Traverse Town. With a 20% bonus XP ring and those boost tech skills, you can get ~13000-14000 XP very quickly. I gained a level every 10 minutes.
Suggested path: Second district: kill all the enemies (but avoid those stupid apes at all costs) you can reach then go to the alleyway. Kill all enemies there, then go to the hotel through the green door. Kill everyone and go the hotel corridor, then back into the second district. Kill every single enemy again, then go the church. Inside is the most rewarding room in all Traverse Town, with Second District being the second best. After beating all the monsters, exit through the door from the other side then climb up. Beat everything there and then go to the roof of the stores in front of the church. Finally, kill everyone in the Third District then go back to the alleyway. Rinse and repeat.

Took me around 8 hours to reach level 100 from level 60. Still pretty long, but it was kinda fun.

Going for the blue mushroom guys in Neverland is also an option, but I found it more frustrating and time consuming.

Finalow

well, Sephiroth wasn't that hard after all. actually it's pretty easy if you have strike raid to prevent his charged move.
now I'm done with KH1, not going to finish it 3 times or to grind all those items.

about CoM, I only played for a couple of hours and it seems that I suck with this battle system.

Does someone want to play CoM for me and get me all of the trophies?! I think I might lose it if I play anymore. I hate this card battle system more than anything. I love Kingdom Hearts... Really, I do. I just can't seem to enjoy this one game, though. It breaks my heart that I can't be like most KH fans and accept the game for what it is. T-T

NetMapel

Roughly 200 Defenders down... finally got the Defender shield !!! OMG :D

Wizard's Relic is still in the hunt. Killed more Wizards than Defenders but still no sign of this precious drop yet :(

Groof

You can do it! I came back today after months and beat the Hades Time Trial. Only thing left for this playthrough is getting Second Chance so I can beat Seph and Unknown.

Grats on the Hades Time Trial! How many tries did it take you?
Guess it's more a general motivational problem than farming in KH:FM being super dull. I'll go back to it soon enough.

Grats on the Hades Time Trial! How many tries did it take you?
Guess it's more a general motivational problem than farming in KH:FM being super dull. I'll go back to it soon enough.
One :p
Got 1 and a half minute spare time thanks to #teamStaff thundagas clearing the room. Was lv77.

NetMapel

I'm level 60 now and teamstaff :) After almost 400 Wizards... I got the Wizards Relic :D

Time to move on the story finally and go through Hollow Bastion, haha

I feel like a complete idiot. I wonder how many other people didn't realize you had to try and push the block to start the colosseum events. For some stupid reason I figured you needed a yellow trinity to move it and avoided this world all the way until after beating Atlantica.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Started playing this yesterday after picking it up during Black Friday. It's been ages since I've played (or enjoyed) a JRPG but for some reason I'm really enjoying this. It's probably the massive nostalgia I'm getting from all the Disney characters.

I chose the staff and gave up the sword, and I chose the "dead of night" option. Any tips for a newcomer to the KH series as a whole? I've never played a KH game ever so I'm not really sure what I'm doing. Should I be buying any weapons/armor/shields from vendors? I'm currently in Wonderland having just gone through the Queen's trial.

Started playing this yesterday after picking it up during Black Friday. It's been ages since I've played (or enjoyed) a JRPG but for some reason I'm really enjoying this. It's probably the massive nostalgia I'm getting from all the Disney characters.

I chose the staff and gave up the sword, and I chose the "dead of night" option. Any tips for a newcomer to the KH series as a whole? I've never played a KH game ever so I'm not really sure what I'm doing. Should I be buying any weapons/armor/shields from vendors? I'm currently in Wonderland having just gone through the Queen's trial.

Just enjoy it and don't worry too much. There is no major missables in the game.

Also I congratulate you on your choise to join #teamstaff

And yeah you could buy new weapons to Donald and Goofy. That is pretty much where I spend my money on normal playthrough and later on you can use it to get few synthesis items late game.

Roubjon

So I've been playing Super Proud mode or whatever it's called and now I'm at the end game stuff, which is all great. But basically all end game bosses kill me within 2 hits. Is this ever going to change no matter how much I grind? I'm level 70 btw. I'm guessing with Leaf Bracer and Second Chance I should be set to take on most bosses right?

So I've been playing Super Proud mode or whatever it's called and now I'm at the end game stuff, which is all great. But basically all end game bosses kill me within 2 hits. Is this ever going to change no matter how much I grind? I'm level 70 btw. I'm guessing with Leaf Bracer and Second Chance I should be set to take on most bosses right?

By end game bosses you mean the optional bosses I assume. Second Chance and LB are indeed your best friends. Also remember to use dat Aero.

Let's just say that when you hit lvl 100 you should be able to just destroy even the hardest bosses with ease if nothing else works.

Top Bottom