• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance |OT| Sora is Everyone in Every Dimension

Finalow

Doesn't stop them being boring Pokemon monikers. Give me Tarzan/Aladdin any day.
I don't like this spirits thing at all. I don't also like the drop system, it's the second time that I get dropped during a boss fight.
but well, still playing it and trying to finish it. I was wondering what should I do with a spirit maxed (bought every skill) that now has like 300 link points that I can't spend. he's one of the first you get but I don't wanna drop him since he's level 21 while I'm 15 lol.

Ragequit at Commantis. This just isn't worth trying. I'm going to try to grind for Firaga Bursts, Mega Flare and Dark Firaga while I beat Prankster's Paradise. Even Triple Plasma does 1 pixel of damage per ball.

If this was BBS I could've melded commands I needed with far far less grinding. It's aggravating how I need to grind DEs Lv25-30 to get them.

I will kill this little fuck. I will kill him in every dimension, as long as I live, I will destroy him.

Spellican_KH3D.png

MBison

I really enjoy Kingdom Hearts but seriously the last boss...

can fuck itself seriously FUCK itself. The clock bs where you gotta kill fast but the guy is raping you the entire time. I really hate how the game is a breeze but the last guy is fucking impossible. Any tips before I break my 3ds?

also

Banned
I really enjoy Kingdom Hearts but seriously the last boss...

can fuck itself seriously FUCK itself. The clock bs where you gotta kill fast but the guy is raping you the entire time. I really hate how the game is a breeze but the last guy is fucking impossible. Any tips before I break my 3ds?
Use magic; Balloonga if you manage to get closer or triple plasma and dark firaga from afar. You could also get close and guard + counter. Do you have dark roll and dark barrier?
They make it much easier to dodge and guard.

also

Banned
I replayed the game on Critical using Drop-me-nots and I liked the experience much better. It was easier to follow the story in the first 3 world, which are kind if similar between Sora and Riku, and less disorienting.

How does this drop system work, I thought the game automatically changed characters for you when you played through the story. Is it up to me how the story progresses? (I could finish Sora's story before Riku's story?)

I don't think I've been this confused with a game in a long time, and KH 1 and 2 were some of the most simple RPGs I've ever played

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
How does this drop system work, I thought the game automatically changed characters for you when you played through the story. Is it up to me how the story progresses? (I could finish Sora's story before Riku's story?)

I don't think I've been this confused with a game in a long time, and KH 1 and 2 were some of the most simple RPGs I've ever played

Either you let them drop when time runs out, or manually drop them at a Save Point/World Map, or buy "Drop Me Not" items and put them in your deck to periodically use them to keep with the same character.

I opted for the last option, going through each world one character at a time. Ensured best flow for me. I'd finish a world with Sora, then flip to Riku and complete the same world. Repeat with all future worlds.

Either you let them drop when time runs out, or manually drop them at a Save Point/World Map, or buy "Drop Me Not" items and put them in your deck to periodically use them to keep with the same character.

I opted for the last option, going through each world one character at a time. Ensured best flow for me. I'd finish a world with Sora, then flip to Riku and complete the same world. Repeat with all future worlds.

thanks, I think I'm just going to let it run out and let the game switch characters for me on its own, I really don't want another thing to deal with

pulga

Banned
Um guys, I just reloaded my recently completed save, dropped in the Post Office in Traverse Town, exited to Fountain Plaza and
out pops this big fucking zombie Pete look alike, called Julius. WHAT THE FUCK??

Edit: aaaand he just kicked my ass

also

Banned
Um guys, I just reloaded my recently completed save, dropped in the Post Office in Traverse Town, exited to Fountain Plaza and
out pops this big fucking zombie Pete look alike, called Julius. WHAT THE FUCK??

Edit: aaaand he just kicked my ass

That's the secret boss. Just
counter his punches and use magic; 3 curagas (he can disable your commands), as many balloongas as you have and fill your other slots with firaga, blizzaga, triple plasma...
Riku has it easier since he gets dark roll and dark barrier.
You should first rebattle the bosses to get all the HP bonuses and a nice keyblade. You may also want to have the lv. 3 drop bonuses for magic, defense and attack when battling him.
I beat him lv. 41 on proud and lv. 50 (having exp walker from the start pays off) on critical.

CorvoSol

I "fought" this fucker for the first time, 3 bosses in a row ain't that easy.

UGH this is where I am and it's annoying. Maybe I shouldn't've chosen Proud Mode, because even now that I have Leaf-Bracer, this game pulls a lot of cheap moves, like catching you in a combo that will inevitably kill you. I hate that Sora can't use magic in the air in this game. Main problem with this boss fight is I try to dodge roll so I can cure but keep winding up getting stuck in a flowmotion instead.

Best fight so far has been Rinzler, though. Not just a generic villain, not just a generic Dreameater, that was a good fight.

also

Banned
UGH this is where I am and it's annoying. Maybe I shouldn't've chosen Proud Mode, because even now that I have Leaf-Bracer, this game pulls a lot of cheap moves, like catching you in a combo that will inevitably kill you. I hate that Sora can't use magic in the air in this game. Main problem with this boss fight is I try to dodge roll so I can cure but keep winding up getting stuck in a flowmotion instead.

Best fight so far has been Rinzler, though. Not just a generic villain, not just a generic Dreameater, that was a good fight.

You can get Once More to survive combos and AFAIK Sora can use magic in the air.
The camera can really be annoying and it's easy to roll into walls when you do not want to.

So I'm finally starting this lol. I've stayed spoiler free so I'm hoping my (semi-)blackout was worth it.

Hahaha same here, I've been busy with my backlog and finishing up BBS. About an hour in, I really like the Dream Eater system (they're so damn adorable), though dream dropping seems absolutely useless.

Famassu

Hahaha same here, I've been busy with my backlog and finishing up BBS. About an hour in, I really like the Dream Eater system (they're so damn adorable), though dream dropping seems absolutely useless.
Drop-Me-Nots. Makes the game flow much better and that way the Drop Extras things is actually useful instead of getting maybe one lvl1 boost.

Seda

I beat Traverse Town with both characters. Now I'm going around killing stuff to boost my guys a little bit, and trying to find all the treasures. So far the story hasn't gone off the deep end yet.

Nose Master

Flowmotion sorta breaks every single bit of platforming in this game. Did they not realize you can just spiderman up every wall by jumping and then dashing into it over and over?

Seda

Okay, I've beaten the first 6 worlds, and I've gone back and done all the Special Link Portals. Both Sora and Riku are level 41.

Thing is, I haven't changed Dream Eaters at all yet since Traverse Town. Regardless, I haven't really struggled much, although the 5 star portals in Symphony of Sorcery were kinda tough. I'm still confused as to what Ranks mean, or what Hearts mean. Any Dream Eater can be made at rank A right? Should I even bother making DEs that aren't Rank A?

I wa thinking I'd "grind" a bit (really just make some new dream eaters and tinker some) before I go to
The World That Never Was

also

Banned
Okay, I've beaten the first 6 worlds, and I've gone back and done all the Special Link Portals. Both Sora and Riku are level 41.

Thing is, I haven't changed Dream Eaters at all yet since Traverse Town. Regardless, I haven't really struggled much, although the 5 star portals in Symphony of Sorcery were kinda tough. I'm still confused as to what Ranks mean, or what Hearts mean. Any Dream Eater can be made at rank A right? Should I even bother making DEs that aren't Rank A?

I wa thinking I'd "grind" a bit (really just make some new dream eaters and tinker some) before I go to
The World That Never Was

Rank=stats, star being the highest rank. Always synthesise during a Risky Winds forecast because your spirits automatically gain 1 rank.
Heart=Affinity=activity in combat, the higher the better
Colour of eyes= disposition (offence, defence, magic...), not universal, e.g. red=attack, but specific to each Spirit. Check this FAQ for more info.

The game is easy enough so that you don't need to bother with Spirits at all but you may want Second Chance, Leaf Bracer and Once More because the last bosses love long combos. The fastest way to get them is to play the Water Barrel minigame with the right dream eaters to accumulate enough Link points :
Second Chance: R&R Sea (scan the AR card, can be done of a computer screen)
Leaf Bracer: Meow Wow (Sora's 1st dream eater)
Once More: Flowbermeow (head for the green ? in the upper part of the link board)

ffdgh

actually water barrel is a bit.....slow if you have other options

tis better to pet them until they glow and feed them over and over with max affinity gain.

Seda

Rank=stats, star being the highest rank. Always synthesise during a Risky Winds forecast because your spirits automatically gain 1 rank.
Heart=Affinity=activity in combat, the higher the better
Colour of eyes= disposition (offence, defence, magic...), not universal, e.g. red=attack, but specific to each Spirit. Check this FAQ for more info.

The game is easy enough so that you don't need to bother with Spirits at all but you may want Second Chance, Leaf Bracer and Once More because the last bosses love long combos. The fastest way to get them is to play the Water Barrel minigame with the right dream eaters to accumulate enough Link points :
Second Chance: R&R Sea (scan the AR card, can be done of a computer screen)
Leaf Bracer: Meow Wow (Sora's 1st dream eater)
Once More: Flowbermeow (head for the green ? in the upper part of the link board)

Thanks for that.

I did a bit a research yesterday. I have the 3 STAR ranked DEs from the cards, and I've seen examples how Star ranked DEs have much better stats than lower ranks.

What I basically did is make several low rank dream eaters to get some of the permanent passive skills (like Combo Plus/ Air Combo Plus) I already have Leaf Bracer, Once More, Second Chance. Then I'll spend items to get some more star ranked DEs (I hear Ryu Dragon is great, but expensive) to keep in the party.

ffdgh

Thanks for that.

I did a bit a research yesterday. I have the 3 STAR ranked DEs from the cards, and I've seen examples how Star ranked DEs have much better stats than lower ranks.

What I basically did is make several low rank dream eaters to get some of the permanent passive skills (like Combo Plus/ Air Combo Plus) I already have Leaf Bracer, Once More, Second Chance. Then I'll spend items to get some more star ranked DEs (I hear Ryu Dragon is great, but expensive) to keep in the party.

Ryu dragon is worth it if only for the fact super glide is right next to where you start its link board for 10 link points.

also

Banned
actually water barrel is a bit.....slow if you have other options

tis better to pet them until they glow and feed them over and over with max affinity gain.

But playing the water barrel minigame nets you 80-100LP per spirit in one shot. And for affinity it's easiest to start the Balloon minigame and not hit any balloons so that it ends immediately. Petting is slower because it involves only one spirit at a time while the minigames benefit all 3 spirits at once.

ffdgh

But playing the water barrel minigame nets you 80-100LP per spirit in one shot. And for affinity it's easiest to start the Balloon minigame and not hit any balloons so that it ends immediately. Petting is slower because it involves only one spirit at a time while the minigames benefit all 3 spirits at once.

oh sorry confused affinity and the other thing again.

also

Banned
Just another tip. If you plan on getting all of the trophies you'd better use a Dream Candy (chests, medal shop) when synthesizing spirits. Doing so raises the affinity from 2/3 to 5/6 making it easier to obtain the trophy for maxing out all spirits affinity. Unfortunately it will still be eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeextremely tedious and time consuming.

Seda

Just another tip. If you plan on getting all of the trophies you'd better use a Dream Candy (chests, medal shop) when synthesizing spirits. Doing so raises the affinity from 2/3 to 5/6 making it easier to obtain the trophy for maxing out all spirits affinity. Unfortunately it will still be eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeextremely tedious and time consuming.

Yeah I don't think I'm gonna bother.

Seda

Okay I beat the game, got the secret ending and message.

I actually don't have too many questions about the ending, and most of my questions I did have I was able to answer via the wiki or GameFAQS.

It seems like the question that remain largely a mystery is:

-What happened to Terra's heart and body? Terranort is gone, but MX still claims to have Terra is some form.

Related, there's supposed to be 7 Guardians of Light. Who all counts? Sora Riku and Mickey are clear cut. Both Kairi and Lea can now wield one, but are both very inexperienced. That leaves 2 spots. Terra, Aqua, and Ven all need to be saved, but Ven and Aqua seem to be in better shape than Terra at this point.

There's also Roxas and Xion, but they are really a part of Sora in the end.

(I have seen some people speculate that Sora may not even count, if his ability to wield a keyblade is only a result of Ventus being in his heart.)

As for the thirteen Darknesses:
-MX
-Xigbar (why is he still referred to as Xigbar but Saix is now Isa?)
-Isa
-YMX
-Xemnas
-Ansem:SOD
-7 other mystery Xehanort versions

Yeah yeah the story is crazy silly, but I still like to understand as much as possible.

also

Banned
Okay I beat the game, got the secret ending and message.

I actually don't have too many questions about the ending, and most of my questions I did have I was able to answer via the wiki or GameFAQS.

It seems like the question that remain largely a mystery is:

-What happened to Terra's heart and body? Terranort is gone, but MX still claims to have Terra is some form.

Related, there's supposed to be 7 Guardians of Light. Who all counts? Sora Riku and Mickey are clear cut. Both Kairi and Lea can now wield one, but are both very inexperienced. That leaves 2 spots. Terra, Aqua, and Ven all need to be saved, but Ven and Aqua seem to be in better shape than Terra at this point.

There's also Roxas and Xion, but they are really a part of Sora in the end.

(I have seen some people speculate that Sora may not even count, if his ability to wield a keyblade is only a result of Ventus being in his heart.)

As for the thirteen Darknesses:
-MX
-Xigbar (why is he still referred to as Xigbar but Saix is now Isa?)
-Isa
-YMX
-Xemnas
-Ansem:SOD
-7 other mystery Xehanort versions

Yeah yeah the story is crazy silly, but I still like to understand as much as possible.

Nothing is is confirmed but I think Terra is one of the darknesses.
For the lights, I would say Sora, Riku, Mickey, Kairi (why else woud Yen Sid call her), Lea, Aqua (in the secret ending ''The light in the darkness'' appears just before Aqua is shown) and Ven.

Roxas and Xion will come back, Ansem makes it really obvious, but it will probably be too late for them to do anything significant.

Sora has his own keyblade, he takes it from Riku in KH1.

I would add Vanitas and Terranort to the list of darknesses. In the game there's no characterventry for Isa, only for Saix. Lea may call him by his human name but I think he did the same in Days so it doesn't mean much.

Seda

Nothing is is confirmed but I think Terra is one of the darknesses.
For the lights, I would say Sora, Riku, Mickey, Kairi (why else woud Yen Sid call her), Lea, Aqua (in the secret ending ''The light in the darkness'' appears just before Aqua is shown) and Ven.

Roxas and Xion will come back, Ansem makes it really obvious, but it will probably be too late for them to do anything significant.

Sora has his own keyblade, he takes it from Riku in KH1.

I would add Vanitas and Terranort to the list of darknesses. In the game there's no character entry for Isa, only for Saix. Lea may call him by his human name but I think he did the same in Days so it doesn't mean much.

Cool, Thanks.

MechaX

God damn, this game can be really frustrating sometimes. I hate most of the boss encounters so far because there never really seems to be any real way to avoid their attacks (like, it seems like their attacks just home in on you no matter when or how you dodge). And it doesn't help that the FAQ up on the game is like "lol just hack and slash your way through it" without actually detailing any boss's attacks.

ffdgh

God damn, this game can be really frustrating sometimes. I hate most of the boss encounters so far because there never really seems to be any real way to avoid their attacks (like, it seems like their attacks just home in on you no matter when or how you dodge). And it doesn't help that the FAQ up on the game is like "lol just hack and slash your way through it" without actually detailing any boss's attacks.

block and counter....And make sure to get dark barrier with riku.

and when in doubt, spam balloonra/ga lol

Tunavi

Banned
I had the same problem, you probably just aren't strong enough. leave the battle and go do some challenges or grind against some dream eaters until you level up a bit.

and using flow motion a lot during bosses

Cheska

Fuck that second to last boss. Seriously.
As if young Xehanort wasn't hard enough, add that stupid clock bullshit and it's utterly ridiculous. I've enjoyed the game so far but this has really soured me on it.
I'm considering just saying "whatever" and quitting the game now.

ffdgh

Fuck that second to last boss. Seriously.
As if young Xehanort wasn't hard enough, add that stupid clock bullshit and it's utterly ridiculous. I've enjoyed the game so far but this has really soured me on it.
I'm considering just saying "whatever" and quitting the game now.

yeah its a pain......but if you use a deck of 5 balloonra, he wont have a chance to attack since he'll be staggering too much lol.

the second part is another thing tho....

Cheska

yeah its a pain......but if you use a deck of 5 balloonra, he wont have a chance to attack since he'll be staggering too much lol.

the second part is another thing tho....

I'm having little trouble with the first part, but I can barely survive a minute into the second. Is there a recommended level or something?

Top Bottom