• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Kingdom Hearts generally had very strong introductions. It's difficult to choose a favorite, but I'd have to go with Dream Drop Distance or Birth By Sleep.

Marlowe89

So, uh, did Hikaru Utada quit the series or something? I recall reading some kind of report on that a while back, but I have no idea if it's valid.

So, uh, did Hikaru Utada quit the series or something? I recall reading some kind of report on that a while back, but I have no idea if it's valid.
I think it was some legal crap or whatever, but she's not doing any songs for the series. I wonder who they'll use for KH 3.

Trigger

I think it was a money thing? It won't feel quite right without her in KH3, but I expect a new theme song regardless.

Soriku

Yeah IIRC it was because Disney wasn't paying her enough. Really lame if we don't get a new song from her for KH3 because of some dumb money issues :/

botty

Banned
To make matters worse, Utada has made claims of "retiring," though she did make a song for an anime recently.

aravuus

I prefer KH1's intro more too. It was my first PS2 game and the song refused to leave my head. Dat nostalgia.

Same here, except it wasn't my first PS2 game, it was my first JRPG. And still one of my all time favorites.

The intro really is unforgettable.

botty

Banned
Was just playing Kingdom Hearts: DDD, and the drop gauge depleted right before I was about to kill a secret boss. Yep, worst thing ever.

Nohar

Was just playing Kingdom Hearts: DDD, and the drop gauge depleted right before I was about to kill a secret boss. Yep, worst thing ever.

It's still easy to prevent this. I'm not saying that this mecanism is a good gameplay feature : just that it's not so awful as it is made to be.

peronmls

I don't think Utada said she wasn't doing anymore, directly that is.
She said that it was very difficult to rewright the lyrics and that she wasn't get paid for doing it.
Which maybe be why she's losing interest. Though I'm sure the team will do somthing about. Don't forget that they only release new songs for numbered titles. 1 2 then 3.
But really anything can happen.

Nohar

Yeah, I don't think we'll be getting Utada Hikaru for KH 3.

Wait, I missed that part. Oh God no. No. Nine times No. The KH series won't be the same without her songs. KH3 needs its new Utada song. Don't leave Utada :( SE, you've screwed up many times before, but you can't screw again, not for KH3. Just give Utada her cash - or boat, or skyscraper, or whatever she's asking !

Though, if Utada just lost interest, I guess we can't force her to write and sing. /sigh

Don't shoot me for saying this, but:

I hope KH3 either has every single keyblades in the series available for use (even if some of them are only available to certain characters, or not available until after beating the game), but if it doesn't, I'd totally be down with Keyblade DLC.

botty

Banned
Wait, I missed that part. Oh God no. No. Nine times No. The KH series won't be the same without her songs. KH3 needs its new Utada song. Don't leave Utada :( SE, you've screwed up many times before, but you can't screw again, not for KH3. Just give Utada her cash - or boat, or skyscraper, or whatever she's asking !

Though, if Utada just lost interest, I guess we can't force her to write and sing. /sigh

No, her music will still be in KH3. We probably just won't get a new song.

I hope KH3 either has every single keyblades in the series available for use (even if some of them are only available to certain characters, or not available until after beating the game), but if it doesn't, I'd totally be down with Keyblade DLC.
Wtf

no

please god no

botty

Banned
Why would you even entertain that notion? The spin-offs have utterly killed Hikari/Simple and Clean and Passion/Sanctuary.

His comment implied that he thought there wouldn't be any Utada song attached to KH3. I was only assuring him that there would definitely be something, whether it be new or old. And with Nomura's obsession with Hikari, We'll probably have simple and clean on KH3.

Trigger

iWalCkBgTSqex.gif

These bad opinions....

Why would you wish this on us?

Okay, so-

Simple and Clean was used in:

Kingdom Hearts

Kingdom Hearts RE:Chain of Memories

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep

Kingdom Hearts RE:Coded

My Sanctuary/Passion was used in:

Kingdom Hearts 2

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

I think Dream Drop Distance used an instrumental version of Simple and Clean.

Capcom and Squeenix partner up to make KH3? I'm not so sure about that one...

I'd be okay with KH DLC if it meant never having to spend $80+ to import another Final Mix just for some extra content ever again.

stryke

Quick, delete this before SE latch onto this idea.

also

Banned
I don't really have a favourite keyblade but I really liked Zero/One from Re:Coded.
iVgbNTGxc1iFG.png

The tip reminds me of Space Invaders.

Xux

They should just have a chest in KHIIHD during one of the Hollow Bastion visits or whatever that has all the keychains from the first game. And then a second chest that reads your 1.5 data and gives the OWA, Diamond Dust, and OG Ultima Weapon.

They should just have a chest in KHIIHD during one of the Hollow Bastion visits or whatever that has all the keychains from the first game. And then a second chest that reads your 1.5 data and gives the OWA, Diamond Dust, and OG Ultima Weapon.

Sounds like a fair reward for beating Sephiroth in KH2 actually!

Trigger

But the game's balance! D:

Ultratech

I really don't understand how they managed to make Sephiroth weaker in KH2.

Part of it was just due to the fact that Sora gets access to a TON of abilities/goodies not present in KH1. KHII Sora is miles ahead of KH1 Sora.

Of course, the other part was they flat-out nerfed him.

Trigger

The KH2 Sephy battle also has reactions commands, I think. Reflect+reaction commands= easy Sephiroth battle.

KH2 is, like, so not balanced anyway.

The whole Keychains-as-accessories thing is just, like, ugh, also. Giving them passive abilities not found elsewhere was such a poor choice.

True.

botty

Banned
The KH2 Sephy battle also has reactions commands, I think. Reflect+reaction commands= easy Sephiroth battle.

If I recall correctly, there was only one reaction command... which balanced out the cheap 1Hit-KO from KH1. However, you're right about reflega making the fighter easier, though I think I just glided away from him to dodge.

Soriku

Part of it was just due to the fact that Sora gets access to a TON of abilities/goodies not present in KH1. KHII Sora is miles ahead of KH1 Sora.

Of course, the other part was they flat-out nerfed him.

Also because Reflect is overpowered. Here's a video of someone beating Larxene in KH2 FM+ in 12 seconds with Reflect. Her last three health bars drop in the blink of an eye. WTF.

botty

Banned
Also because Reflect is overpowered. Here's a video of someone beating Larxene in KH2 FM+ in 12 seconds with Reflect. Her last three health bars drop in the blink of an eye. WTF.

Although that person was level 99, and had extremely high magic, I do agree that reflect is overpowered.

TheMink

If I recall correctly, there was only one reaction command... which balanced out the cheap 1Hit-KO from KH1. However, you're right about reflega making the fighter easier, though I think I just glided away from him to dodge.

Thats correct

Honestly, I love KH 2 Reaction Command. I can't go back to KH 1, ever, because it doesn't have Reaction Commands, or Drive Forms, or Command Decks, or anything I also really, really hate the unnecessary command you need to chose every time you want to open a chest. At one point, you get tired of fighting the same enemies, the Reaction Commands help make the battles faster and are cool to look at.

TheMink

The Reaction Button might as well be called Break because that's what it does to the game's difficulty!

Lol, i guess you maaaay be able to say that about some bosses but certainly not sephiroth. His reaction had nothing to do with ease and much more about not dying. Not to say sephy is hard, but reactions had nothing to do with it.
FM+ lvl 99 org and terra will fix you right up.

Honestly, I love KH 2 Reaction Command. I can't go back to KH 1, ever, because it doesn't have Reaction Commands, or Drive Forms, or Command Decks, or anything I also really, really hate the unnecessary command you need to chose every time you want to open a chest. At one point, you get tired of fighting the same enemies, the Reaction Commands help make the battles faster and are cool to look at.

Well it is flashy so I like it for that. I would hate it if it were so interactive that I have to constantly press the button for followup attacks because then I'd feel a disconnect from the fight and unable to see just what fancy stuff Sora is up to. FF8 went that route with Renzokuken and I'm glad Reaction commands aren't THAT bad about it...I just wish there were far less of them!

Lol, i guess you maaaay be able to say that about some bosses but certainly not sephiroth. His reaction had nothing to do with ease and much more about not dying. Not to say sephy is hard, but reactions had nothing to do with it.

Touche. I went off on sort of a tangent. He's just easy because Disney whacked him with the nerf bat...that one reaction command was a lifesaver though.

The hate of the reaction command thing is... Pretty bogus. I mean if all you did was mash triangle, that would be one thing, bit they were pretty cool. This is a problem only on GAF haha

Bladenic

The hate of the reaction command thing is... Pretty bogus. I mean if all you did was mash triangle, that would be one thing, bit they were pretty cool. This is a problem only on GAF haha

I don't hate the RC, and perhaps it's overblown on GAF (like most things) but it really is pretty mashy.

Also Reflect was such a game breaker. As soon as you get it, you can literally sit there, spam it, and let a boss whack you then release it for HUGE damage. It's actually the only way I ever used to beat the 4 on 1 Coliseum fight.

Ultratech

Eh, maybe. But the fight's still not that hard without using Reflect.

First time I did the fight, I didn't even bother with it.

Pretty much. The single reaction command in that fight just prevented a ton of damage from being done all at once. Hardly a gamebreaker in that fight.

Now for some other enemies and stuff, it's a bit broken and such. (Snipers? Triangle spam!)

Top Bottom