• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

TheMink

Dude we are doing this

KH1
KH1FM
CoM
Re:Com
KH2
KH2FM+
358/2
Coded
Re:Coded
BBS
BBSFM
DDD

Then

1.5 HD!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: I dont think anyone played the original coded, including me :p

Jubern

I saw you guys talking about how Utada might or might not like whatever happened during the KH songs production and how that would be the reason she won't create a new song for KH3...

But the number 1 reason would, I think, simply be that she doesn't sing anymore, no?
She's still on hiatus, and we don't know until when, might take a loong time. The song she did for Evangelion 3.0 a few months ago was a total surprise but she insisted it was a one off.

Of course, that fucking game might take so long to come out she wouldn't be on hiatus anymore by then.

Dude we are doing this

KH1
KH1FM
CoM
KH2
KH2FM+
358/2
Coded
BBS
BBSFM
DDD

Then

1.5 HD!!!!!!!!!!

Hoooly fuck, well all I have is
KH 1
KH CoM (Original, sold RE:Com)
KH 2
KH 358/2 Days
KH RE:Coded
KH BBS
KH BBS FM.

No, that would be crazy! Unless of course you really like KH 1 then go ahead.
Yeah... I almost wanted to rise to the challenge but not in the voice of reason :p
Dude we are doing this

KH1
KH1FM
CoM
KH2
KH2FM+
358/2
Coded
BBS
BBSFM
DDD

Then

1.5 HD!!!!!!!!!!

Alright! So every game you own, and you only have to play the re/FM/+ version if you have both

Okay, then: Rules are-
If you have the FM or HD version, then play that if you want.
If you have RE:CoM or RE:Coded play that instead of the originals if you want.
You can play at any difficulty you want.
They don't have to be played in order.

TheMink

Okay, then: Rules are-
If you have the FM or HD version, then play that if you want.
If you have RE:CoM or RE:Coded play that instead of the originals if you want.
You can play at any difficulty you want.
They don't have to be played in order.

I submit chronological and hardest difficulty available.

:)

Guys, we should have a challenge to finish all the KH games you own this year, even those you don't like >.>

Am I a bad KH fan if I only own one Kingdom Hearts game and that's the first one? I've played most of the games in the series mind you and I have beat 2 and CoM but...yea!

Seda

Am I a bad KH fan if I only own one Kingdom Hearts game and that's the first one? I've played most of the games in the series mind you and I have beat 2 and CoM but...yea!

I'm a HUGE Fire Emblem fan but I don't own any of the games.

Because I'm such a nice guy and got my little brother into the series and I gave him my games ;_;

botty

Banned
I could never not play on Proud mode. Even then the games are too easy, most of the time.

I agree. I start every game on proud mode because after a while your character is pretty much unstoppable until the final boss in anything less.

Critical, though... pass.

TheMink

You're crazy :0
I only ever did KH 2 on Proud mode.

Whaaat? I havent played any of the games except 1 lower than proud. XD

But i also have a Platinum in Dark Souls and beat Megaman 9 so its highly likely im insane.

I agree. I start every game on proud mode because after a while your character is pretty much unstoppable until the final boss in anything less.

Critical, though... pass.

There are things about Critical that tick me off, as its: you do half damage and enemies do double, and i think thats a super haphazard way to up a difficulty level. Because (especially DDD) it just doesn't seem totally on purpose gameplay wise a lot of stuff you will die with.
Comparatively proud is: you do normal damage and enemies do double.

Regardless, i play critical if its available from the get go. And if its only unlocked via a first play through i play through again on critical.

Jubern

Damn, I'd love to do that all-series run with you guys... But I only have a PS3 Slim and my 3DS here, so no go :(

botty

Banned
I don't currently own any of the games, lol.

Well, now...

i7ygx7tRpkozi.gif

Jubern

So has there been any indication that they will remake other KH games in the style of 1.5 HD?

Nomura admitted "it would be strange" if there wasn't a 2.5 after this one. So it's pretty much guaranteed, we just don't know when and what'll be in it (except from KH2FM+, obviously).

Nudull

Banned
Hm, I'm already on a playthrough of KH1, currently, and aside from that have 2 and Re:Chain. Not much to make a fair entry, I'm betting. :p

Hm, I'm already on a playthrough of KH1, currently, and aside from that have 2 and Re:Chain. Not much to make a fair entry, I'm betting. :p
Oh, don't worry, It's fair as long as you have more than one game in the series of course :p
Should I update the OP with info about this?

Sora_N

Guys, we should have a challenge to finish all the KH games you own this year, even those you don't like >.>

I'm trying!

I only finished KH1 so far back when it came out (will replay only the HD remake). I started BBS (sooo good) but I found out my TV cable works for my PS2 so now I'm jumping back to Re:CoM. :)

After I finish it I'll probably play BBS purely (since I'm on transit pretty often for class lately).

I also own KH GBA (not gonna play this one), KH2, KH ReCoded, KH3D. I'm only missing 358/2.

aravuus

This year?

That's honestly pretty easy :V
KH games don't tend to be longer than maybe 20 hours on subsequent playthroughs, and if I happen to get in the KH mood, it'll really take me only two or three days to finish a title.

Doing the four in February thing right now, but I should definitely try how fast I can trek through all the games I can (so everything but BbS) in the series later. Maybe I'll start the 1st of March.

I just played through the main games in preparation for DDD though...

Sora_N

I really hate KH:(Re)CoM, the card battle still hasn't clicked for me. I can't beat Larxene (first battle) lol. I think I'm underlevelled or something, barely have any cards.

I guess I should really go learn the battle system a bit more, mainly rushed through this game so far. :/ Definitely my least favourite at this point.

It could be that it's 3AM right now though, but I'm done for now.

Nohar

I liked CoM a lot. Though, if you want to beat Larxene, stack up high numbered cards and 2 to 3 "0" cards : it will allow you to break her combos (and, well, it's mandatory for her second fight, since otherwise she will stun-lock and chain you to death).

Larxene was awesome. I loved her battlestyle, her lines and her laugh (gosh, those Re:CoM cutscenes). I really wished KH2:FM was released in the EU/US, just so I could fight her "data".

I wonder if we will see her human self in KH3. In 358, it seems that as a human she was hurt deeply (I get that from a random line she said while having a conversation about the absence of heart), so I guess that maybe her human self was a broken bird of some sort, maybe even a broken heart (I'm saying this figuratively speaking of course, since in this series hearts can be broken, litteraly). It sure would contrast her heinous nobody self.

Xux

It'd be neat if Marluxia and Larxene appeared to help in the fight against Xehanort. As well as learning anything at all about their past as well as Luxord and Demyx'.

Nohar

Aaaah, Demyx. The embodiment of "Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass". It was the first real fight against an organisation member, and boy was it an hard fight. The music sets the atmosphere quite right.

... Heh, just realized that there is 13 letters in "Kingdom Hearts". Never thought about that.

McNum

It'd be neat if Marluxia and Larxene appeared to help in the fight against Xehanort. As well as learning anything at all about their past as well as Luxord and Demyx'.
What is Marluxia's human name, anyway? I mean Laxerne becomes Arlene if I got my letters right, but I can't really figure out what name to get from M-A-R-L-U-I-A. Luxord, too, come to think of it... Can't come up with a good unscramble there either.

I really hate KH:(Re)CoM, the card battle still hasn't clicked for me. I can't beat Larxene (first battle) lol. I think I'm underlevelled or something, barely have any cards.

I guess I should really go learn the battle system a bit more, mainly rushed through this game so far. :/ Definitely my least favourite at this point.

It could be that it's 3AM right now though, but I'm done for now.

Once you get the hang of the card system (Though it sucks your strongest attack is easily broken), I think it's a pretty fun game. I had to spend a lot of time buying up cards so I could get the ones I wanted...I was very fond of my Cloud cards.

Sora_N

I liked CoM a lot. Though, if you want to beat Larxene, stack up high numbered cards and 2 to 3 "0" cards : it will allow you to break her combos (and, well, it's mandatory for her second fight, since otherwise she will stun-lock and chain you to death).

Larxene was awesome. I loved her battlestyle, her lines and her laugh (gosh, those Re:CoM cutscenes). I really wished KH2:FM was released in the EU/US, just so I could fight her "data".

I wonder if we will see her human self in KH3. In 358, it seems that as a human she was hurt deeply (I get that from a random line she said while having a conversation about the absence of heart), so I guess that maybe her human self was a broken bird of some sort, maybe even a broken heart (I'm saying this figuratively speaking of course, since in this series hearts can be broken, litteraly). It sure would contrast her heinous nobody self.

How do you get more cards? I don't even have any 9s right now, and only one 0 card. I honestly am enjoying the main story part of the game, but really hate the card system (thought it was neat at first).

How do you get more cards? I don't even have any 9s right now, and only one 0 card. I honestly am enjoying the main story part of the game, but really hate the card system (thought it was neat at first).

You can get cards by hitting objects in the environment, opening chests in treasure rooms or by buying card packs in the moogle shop. The treasure and moogle rooms are blue map cards.

The first time I played through COM I got rid of all my 0 cards because I thought they were pointless.... And I went on the beat it 100%

So suck it up :p

Sora_N

You can get cards by hitting objects in the environment, opening chests in treasure rooms or by buying card packs in the moogle shop. The treasure and moogle rooms are blue map cards.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot, I guess. I'm just gonna backtrack around the level to find cards and level up.

Alright, I'll update the OP but before that, I need a little help.

If you want to participate in the challenge, then reply to this post with the following info:
-How many KH games you own
-The games you plan on beating this year
-If you plan to do it on Chronological order or by Release order
-Please state if you are doing the Final Mix or HD version of said games.

aravuus

If you want to participate in the challenge, then reply to this post with the following info:

I own most of them, and will do at least KH1, KH2, CoM, Days and DDD. Normal versions.

Release order.

I own... Them all (except phone coded).

I'll beat them all, but i will only play one version of each. And sorry youngblade, i think im going to "play" Days in the HD collection :p

I'm gonna go in release order... but i will start with KH1 HD.

Edit: Hardest Available Mode

I will do the HD version or Final Mix version of them all

I used to borrow them from friends when I was a kid so I currently own DDD only. I plan on buying the HD collection as soon as it comes out, plus I can still borrow them from my friends so I should be able to play them all.

It's hard to resist the temptation of playing KH1 right now on PCSX2, but I can wait. I'll play all the 7 games.

TheMink

All of them

All of them

Release order

HD 1.5
Kh2FM+

All hardest available mode

I can't believe we went an entire generation without a single Kingdom Hearts game.

Jesus Square is inept.
Dude what

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Kingdom Hearts BBS FM
Kingdom Hearts Coded
Kingdom Hearts RE:Coded
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 REmix

Trigger

Dude what

Kingdom Hearts BBS FM
Kingdom Hearts Coded
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 REmix

Maybe he meant "mainline" Kingdom Hearts game? We've yet to have a numbered sequel. BBS is the closest we've come to that.

aravuus

Dude what

Kingdom Hearts BBS FM
Kingdom Hearts Coded
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 REmix

Obviously meant a new main game addition to the series, on the home consoles. And I agree, it's dumb. I'm fucking fed up with all these minor KH games, thank god the next one's actually going to be a new, proper KH game.

Top Bottom