• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Joqu

I still don't know why I got that. Well I guess the shiny cover was nice.
Or was that for the whole initial run?

Joqu

I ordered one and damn it was overpriced here. I would have sold the thing if my cat hadn't ruined the cover. >>

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Posted this in an OT thread:

Won't Sora sound a bit too old if they use Haley Joel Osment? That is if Sora actually turns 18-20 in KH3 or HJO's voice hasn't changed at all.

Seda

Posted this in an OT thread:

Won't Sora sound a bit too old if they use Haley Joel Osment? That is if Sora actually turns 18-20 in KH3 or HJO's voice hasn't changed at all.

I think his natural voice (well, maybe not natural, but his now 'normal' Sora voice) sounds fine for older (KH2+) Sora, even though he's only 16 or something.

And... and don't accuse me of such vile crimes again!

You can high five me anytime. <3 ;_;

Yeeeeeah-
TG9kv.gif

Sora sounded fine to me in Dream Drop Distance so unless they're saving KH3 for the 20th anniversary of the series and HJO starts chain smoking in the interim he should be okay.

Psxphile

The alternative is having a woman voice Sora, but then we get the (Japanese) Goku effect. In his 40s, most powerful being in all creation, and he sounded like his balls were in a vice!

Or they go full stupid and have the lady VA imitate an older boy voice. Musashi never recovered, and neither would Sora:

'young' musashi

'teen' musashi

Nah, I'll stick by my man Osmett. Poor guy needs a paycheck!

Tsunamo

Oh, you didn't like the dub? I honestly found no problem with it... besides from the "who else will i have ice cream with"...
Nah, I enjoyed it a lot. The ice-cream line just really threw me off that scene, everything else I enjoyed from the voice acting in the dub though.
Anyway I'm Scarl and I'm new here and I like Kingdom Hearts because it's cooooooool.
Now let's be friends and eat ice cream and beat the crap out of each other with giant keys.
Welcome fellow KH fan!
You guys seen that rumour thread about FFX/X-2 having the international content as DLC? I hope the Final Mix content is DLC for the HD remasters!
I would laugh if that happened
Then cry.
Then proceed to buy it.
And a classy hippo at that. *tilts top hat*
Well you won't find any good BBS art in the European Special Edition's artbook. What a scam that was. >>
I really regret getting that after buying the BBS Ultimania, not sure why I was expecting anything else from it.

Soriku

because darkness fucking sucks

Xemnas: Denizenz of light, answer this: why do you don't give a fuck bout tha darkness, biatch?

Mickey Mouse: Aw, our phat asses don't don't give a fuck bout dat shit. It aint nuthin but just kinda... scary. But tha ghettoz made of light AND darkness. Yo ass can't have one without tha other, 'cause darknizz is half of every last muthafuckin thang. Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass. Sorta make ya wonder why we is scared of tha dark...

Riku: It aint nuthin but cuz of whoz lurkin inside dat shit.

lolz

You know what would be cool for KH3?

Online co-op during story. Other players could take control of Donald/Goofy during combat. Just optimize them enough to give them a good feel of gameplay and make it really fun. Don't bother with the guest party characters and focus making the co-op play a blast. Basically gives your friend a good choice of a mage or melee character to help you out.

I think they will have a multiplayer portion in KH3 but who knows what shape it will be. They did it with BBS and Days so it only makes sense to have something in a system more capable for it.

Groof

Online co-op during story. Other players could take control of Donald/Goofy during combat. Just optimize them enough to give them a good feel of gameplay and make it really fun. Don't bother with the guest party characters and focus making the co-op play a blast. Basically gives your friend a good choice of a mage or melee character to help you out.

I think they will have a multiplayer portion in KH3 but who knows what shape it will be. They did it with BBS and Days so it only makes sense to have something in a system more capable for it.

Something like that would be neat, to be honest. But I don't think SE would have the balls, or even be able to do something like that. They'll probably do something like BBS though.

Psxphile

uCeKmAt.jpg
Hm, mite b cool.

TheMink

Nomura hates online like a disease, i dont know why, but its an incredible inconvenience for everyone.

Not a single KH thus far has used online in any capacity nor is available in online form.

Its why we dont have a downloadable version of BbS.

Im betting HD also wont be.
(It already isnt)

Nomura hates online like a disease, i dont know why, but its an incredible inconvenience for everyone.

Not a single KH thus far has used online in any capacity nor is available in online form.

(It already isnt)
Kingdom Hearts &#935; baby!

Soriku

(It already isnt)

I'm pretty sure it's not Nomura's fault that the games aren't downloadable lol. Also, none of the other games really needed an online component. We'll see what happens with BBS HD though.

(It already isnt)
None of the platforms KH has been on have good online infrastructures.

TheMink

Kingdom Hearts &#935; baby!

Lol XD

I'm pretty sure it's not Nomura's fault that the games aren't downloadable lol. Also, none of the other games really needed an online component. We'll see what happens with BBS HD though.

One would think so, but take every other Square Enix release before and after BBS as a reason why that doesnt make sense.

Both Dissidias are available through the store, at least one has Online play.

Every final fantasy ever basically is available for download. Including DS and PSP remakes.

Zero kingdom hearts are downloadable.

I'm going to say it's all publisher here, and I'm preeettty sure I'm very much correct. So no, Nomura has nothing to do with this.

Again you would think so, but Nomura is on record saying that he prefers people to play next to each other rather than apart, dont have that quote. But it exists.

Groof

One would think so, but take every other Square Enix release before and after BBS as a reason why that doesnt make sense.

Every final fantasy ever basically is available for download. Including DS and PSP remakes.

Except Crisis Core.

:'(

Soriku

Lol XD

Again you would think so, but Nomura is on record saying that he prefers people to play next to each other rather than apart, dont have that quote. But it exists.

Crisis Core isn't available for download either. Tabata against online confirmed? But wait, Type-0 is on PSN...

I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with licensing for the songs they used.

Also I don't know what your last comment has to do with anything. You can still play together with a downloaded game.

I was thinking what would be a perfect place for the next KH game. First I was thinking about Vita but sales make it a no-no so the next best thing would be KH Kinect.

Top Bottom